• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a way I could jump on my character for 3 or 4 days and try to get going before resubbing.
Twice before I resubbed played for a day and then got too busy, now I definitely have a month with no work or any distractions.

Xux

I've had better luck selling that garbo materia than the garbo items it came from, funnily enough.

e: TOP OF PAGE GIFF BLUE MAGE
Blue Mage showing up mid expansion would be pretty hype. Guess I should dedicate my hype juice solely to jobs that are confirmed, though.

yami4ct

Blue Mage showing up mid expansion would be pretty hype. Guess I should dedicate my hype juice solely to jobs that are confirmed, though.

I assume if Blue Mage showed up in SB, it would be just in the same sense (HW Patch spoilers)
of a hint for 5.0 like Alisaie's Red Mage turn or the Samurai showing up.

Xux

I assume if Blue Mage showed up in SB, it would be just in the same sense (HW Patch spoilers)
Yeah, that's a pretty obvious and safe bet.

I still want it like Ninja, though.

Sibylus

Banned

I will carry the hype torch because I gotta believe!

I'd be down for a reimagining that moves the bulk of the spellset (retain a clutch of permanent staples) into time-limited, reactive spells (à la Rubick in Dota). Channel a steal to grab last used spell on target, retain spell for x minutes, stack 'em and fill up your bar slots with whatever's good in whatever activity you're doing. In my martian brain, anyway, that'd be more social and keep it fresh.

Add a high-level spell steal on allied targets and RIP balance and brains forever yass queen

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just want dancer to be some cool melee range healer that attacks and heals and stuffs. I want a damn alternative to my scholar already

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean it makes so much sense.

BLU learns skills from getting hit.

Tanks get hit.

Facetank Primals to learn skills.

This is not the way forward. Nothing takes the pleasure out of working to gear your character more than having it synched down all the time. I don't know why it's so hard for them to figure a way to scale the challenge upwards though. Pretty sure lots of games are able to do that.

Yeah, that's probably not going to happen.

The only reason you bring people into Aquapolis is because of the ilvl sync.

If there wasn't any you could just solo it and there would no reason to invite other people.

Same with any challenge content they might create like a coliseum or whatever. If they just let you out gear it then there's no challenge or incentive to do it with other people when other people no longer matter since you can just one shot everything with enough gear.

These MSQ are killing me...finally hit "fire and blood" lvl 57 quest. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to grind between levels to meet level requirements. Had to grind to 56 then did a few MSQ and then spent most of the day grinding POTD from 56 -> 57 to continue the story. Also POTD matchmaking is annoying af. Twice I was at lvl 50 boss (which takes a while to get to) with no healer and everyone died within the 1st minute...like whyyyyyyyy

Frumix

Suffering From Success
yoshida already mentioned he doesn't expect healers to dps

If you read everything he says as opposed to just the part where he purposefully panders to lazy people lest any pressure drives them away from the game, it's still encouraged that you contribute SOMETHING instead of standing around. "Doesn't expect" doesn't mean "doesn't endorse". Looking at the way they tune the content, they don't really expect DPS to DPS either.

The Hall of the Novice for healers literally spells it out for you - "Consider throwing out damaging magic when there's no one left to heal." THE HALL OF THE NOVICE. Somehow this is ignored because OH GOD YOSHI SAID WE CAN BE LAZY DICKS HOORAY time to take it as a gospel and justify our gorgeous 10 CPM gameplay!

The discourse that a whole role of players is allowed to get away with being active only 1/3 of the gameplay because damage is not in their preconceived job description is as toxic as it can get.

Finally the thing is that unlike DPS and tanks, healers have the biggest safety net of all roles in this game. That you can heal 1/3 of your time and still do just fine is a testament to how non-pressure healing actually is in this game.
If this game had higher CPM requirements just for healing it'd be those "pure healers" who would bitch first about how they don't feel comfortable anymore because there's now more room to screw it up if you need to constantly heal.

To add to this, from what I understand the power of healer DPS isn't going down in SB very much with the loss of Cleric Stance. That's ridiculous. In every other MMO healer DPS is weaker to balance this specifically.
Now there will be literally no excuse to stand around not casting DPS spells because there's gonna be 0 risk associated with it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
These MSQ are killing me...finally hit "fire and blood" lvl 57 quest. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to grind between levels to meet level requirements. Had to grind to 56 then did a few MSQ and then spent most of the day grinding POTD from 56 -> 57 to continue the story. Also POTD matchmaking is annoying af. Twice I was at lvl 50 boss (which takes a while to get to) with no healer and everyone died within the 1st minute...like whyyyyyyyy
If you want to grind POTD, just do 51->60 over and over, it's the fastest way to grind experience with randoms.

Squishy3

If you read everything he says as opposed to just the part where he purposefully panders to lazy people lest any pressure drives them away from the game, it's still encouraged that you contribute SOMETHING instead of standing around. "Doesn't expect" doesn't mean "doesn't endorse". Looking at the way they tune the content, they don't really expect DPS to DPS either.
There's another interview where he explicitly mentions healer DPS in regards to raiding content, as well. There's a lot more to what Yoshida has said recently than "blahblah healer dps isn't expected"

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/1...s-Roles-and-PvP-Famitsu-Interview-Translation

The changes to healers seem to be more of an evolution. The changes seem to be smaller (in a good way), and I think they are getting a lot of beneficial adjustments in the form of getting rid of accuracy, changing the specification of Cleric Stance, and replacing offensive spells with higher tier ones. Was this the intent for these adjustments?

Yoshida: I recognized that folks who used healers in raids were already used to the risk involved with stance switching using Cleric Stance between DPSing and healing. I expected to perhaps see some feedback from those folks, but I'll address that later.

I understand.

Yoshida: By now, I think a feeling has developed that healers have to participate in DPSing in instanced dungeons. Even if it's just a silent pressure, it is there. Because of that feeling, there were some players who may have felt anxious about joining as a healer. For someone like me who isn't focused about clear time, I'm fine as long as we can clear it. And I'll try to take things more slowly if I see someone who might be new. However, it's been getting more and more difficult for healers, which I'm sorry about. On my personal account, I play all the roles, and I like to have the feeling that I can play through instanced dungeons on my favorite role.

Since things are more serious in raiding, on the other hand, you'll definitely want to DPS for the first clear. As item levels go up and you're after repeat clears, the roles may shift. (laughs)

I see.

Yoshida: That said, sometimes when I'm participating in instanced dungeons, I'll queue as tank or healer because the matchmaking is so fast, but in the case of healer, although attacking itself isn't hard, I feel that the stance switching narrows the field of players who are interested in healing. When looking at the data, even though many players have healers at the appropriate job level, they won't be participating as healer. When considering the reasons for this, it seems that there are two main ones - it's too much work, and being asked to DPS.

There are many who feel that way.

Yoshida: So we decided to calculate healers' attack magic potency based on MND. Since you no longer need Cleric Stance, you can Holy whenever you feel like it. After stunning the enemies with Swiftcast Holy, you can then catch up with heals. With this increased level of comfort, the number of people participating in instanced dungeons as healer will definitely go up.

It certainly looks like that.

Yoshida: We consider the leveling activities like instanced dungeons and end-game content like raids separately. We'd like people to be able to use healers in a more casual sense in instanced dungeons. With that in mind, we made a point of simplifying the role. On the other hand, you're really asked to push the role in end-game content. And in reality, it's likely that you'll need to look at elements besides just healing in those situations depending on your job composition and the skill level of the members. I understand very well that there are players who enjoy and have been doing well with the stance switching to attack and immediately back to healing. However, rather than changing stances back and forth, now you can use that spare moment for other role actions you might have set. I'm not saying you'll be doing a lot more things than before with the new role actions, but that will definitely be an area where players can improve.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have yet to get past lvl 50 boss
If you can play WAR, I'd recommend you try soloing it. All PotD from 1 to 100+ is soloable, but the problem with the floor 50 boss is that iirc one of it's attacks deals more damage the more people it hits. I think it's one with the visible AoE, but if your party isn't good, you might wipe because of it.

I tried soloing PotD with SMN, DRG, and WAR. In the end, it was WAR (with which I barely have any experience) which was the easiest and allowed me to get from 1 to 132 without dying, so I guess I'd recommend that.

That said, it's probably possible with all other classes as well. If you decide to do it, remember to make good use of those Max Potions you get in there.

yami4ct

Level 50 with AST. Yay. Wanted to get there with both that and DRK today but that was not in the cards. Should be able to get to 50 with DRK tomorrow and then comes the run to 60.

Thorgal

just out of curiosity , how do i access the page on the Square enix site that shows my emergency one time password removal code ?

i don't need it right now but i would like to know where it was :p

Mendrox

Trying to slog through the main quest of 2.1-end of Heavensward and I am already stuck at the quest where I have to visit Sunken Temple again and I don't find a group since 3 hours. There is no way to do the content solo right?

dabig2

It's really been two whole years. I miss Minfilia (not that's Voice of the Mother character)

Nah, I hope she stays gone. They literally had to Pookie the character because she was so useless and they didn't know what to do with her. The newer baes in Krile and Alisae >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Materia seems like a great money maker in general. All these POTD rewards probably gonna push me over 1million

Like maybe a month or so ago Crit Vs were selling for 120K+. At the time I was grinding PotD and made an easy million off of selling them in a matter of week. Was good. Atm I have like 15 of them and 10 DET Vs, but I'm saving those for when I need to materia up some of my other classes and, eventually, SAM.

Kalor

Trying to slog through the main quest of 2.1-end of Heavensward and I am already stuck at the quest where I have to visit Sunken Temple again and I don't find a group since 3 hours. There is no way to do the content solo right?

You can do dungeons solo if you select the undersized option in the duty finder options although it doesn't balance the difficulty for a single person.

You can, but dungeons dosn't scale back to less ppl, so you either have really high ilvl or you won't be able to finish it.

Thorgal

guys . i am about to blow your minds here .

Step 1 : take a Red mage .
Step 2 : Apply Blue dyes
Step 3 traipse around Kugane like a proper Blue mage .

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just got my payment confirmation from the SE store for the Digital Collector's Edition.

Can't download and there still isn't a key-code on the website....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom