• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Rentahamster said:
Whoa, whoa, calm down now, it was a "i sympathize with your position" lol, not a "i'm laughing at you" lol.

We've all experienced what you've gone through.
Sorry I misunderstood, man. Just not feeling that great in real life.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Rentahamster said:
Whoa, whoa, calm down now, it was a "i sympathize with your position" lol, not a "i'm laughing at you" lol.

We've all experienced what you've gone through.

I was gonna defend you earlier but got sidetracked doing some house work. :D

<3 Rental

The patch is gonna be like 2 days after they announce the release date isn't it? :lol It doesn't really matter though since I'm not going back. I decided to program a few small games and possibly get a few friends to help start a indie group in the future. Umi (if you guys remember her) has been helping me pretty much every day and Ratso will join when I need his help. :lol

If things go well and I need more help it would be nice if you guys joined. :p

I'm very serious. :)

Coldsnap

Emenis said:

<3 Rental

The patch is gonna be like 2 days after they announce the release date isn't it? :lol It doesn't really matter though since I'm not going back. I decided to program a few small games and possibly get a few friends to help start a indie group in the future. Umi (if you guys remember her) has been helping me pretty much every day and Ratso will join when I need his help. :lol

HQ me a hammer so i have a tolken of degal

Emenis said:

<3 Rental

Are you going to make games for mobiles like iOS/Android? Or are you going to go for Steam/Xbox Live/PSN?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Rentahamster said:

lol I'll miss you too honey.

Coldsnap said:
HQ me a hammer so i have a tolken of degal

Maybe.

Unknown Soldier said:
Are you going to make games for mobiles like iOS/Android? Or are you going to go for Steam/Xbox Live/PSN?

iOS, Xbox Live Indie, or Steam.

Most likely one of those. Steam to start with most likely though if a game I make ever gets polished enough to get on there.

Jinko

WoW the game won't be the same without Dega, I always thought he was a NPC with really good AI :(

I couldn't care less about this game anymore, SE you killed it for me.

Teknoman

Probably going to get a letter early in the week, pre patch notes a day later, then patch notes+patch the day or two days after that.

Best case scenario: letter+battle system videos on Monday, pre patch notes that same day or Tuesday, actual patch on Wednesday.

Worst case scenario:

jdjVwe.jpg

Ravidrath

Talked to someone from Square today, and he seems to know more about Yoshi-P's overall plan and that "he seems to know what he's doing."

He said he felt it was going to take more than a year (presumably from when he started) to get all of the necessary fixes in, though, because many are fairly radical.

Teknoman

Unknown Soldier said:
God Willing, we will all be reunited in Star Wars: The Old Republic or Tera! And Diablo III! Right? Right?!

Diablo III for sure (maybe even Torchlight 2?) but if XIV fails, the only MMO that looks decent to me is Tera. Havent seen much of Star Wars yet though.

Sin

Gromph said:
I will be in DIII for sure...

Might play it too, have a few mates in the LS who will be on it.

I hope 1.18 lives up to the hype. Should reach my goal of getting BSM to rank 50 without spending any gil on it soon, after I do that I don't know what else to do...

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Sin said:
Might play it too, have a few mates in the LS who will be on it.

I hope 1.18 lives up to the hype. Should reach my goal of getting BSM to rank 50 without spending any gil on it soon, after I do that I don't know what else to do...

Just chat obscenities in Uldah or invite me to that LS so i can chat obscenities too :p

Sin

Gromph said:
Just chat obscenities in Uldah or invite me to that LS so i can chat obscenities too :p

Haha, you understimate the level of obscene chats we have in my LS. Think you can handle Shin at his best (or worst depends on your point of view)? XD

Gromph

Staff Member
Sin said:
Haha, you understimate the level of obscene chats we have in my LS. Think you can handle Shin at his best (or worst depends on your point of view)? XD

We talked about his grandfather once, or was mine? :p

Guild wars 2 and Tera interest me. If the secret world turns out to be good I might see what that is about as well. I am still hoping FFXIV will turn out awesome in the long run.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ravidrath said:
Talked to someone from Square today, and he seems to know more about Yoshi-P's overall plan and that "he seems to know what he's doing."

He said he felt it was going to take more than a year (presumably from when he started) to get all of the necessary fixes in, though, because many are fairly radical.
Neato. Yeah, it's quite a monumental task they got going for them. Lord knows they need all the help they can get.

I just hope someone in the dev team is actually playing the game this time. You know, to make sure it's actually fun this time, lol.

Diablo III for me. Diablo is civilization.

Riposte

All I know is that when all the fixing is over(by the end of this year?), they could do real well by releasing this on the Vita at a discounted price.

Anyway, I hope people don't overhype 1.18 lol. I don't think we are getting jobs yet.

Skimming through the thread, I don't see much on when/if this game is coming to PlayStation 3. Wasn't it due back in March?

Ah well, there's always TGS..

Ravidrath

Nora Kisaragi said:
Skimming through the thread, I don't see much on when/if this game is coming to PlayStation 3. Wasn't it due back in March?

Ah well, there's always TGS..

I heard they had still wanted to release it in March, but Sony denied them due to the terrible launch.

That seems to have been the thing that REALLY told them they fucked up, and prompted the shuffling of the staff, the move to "free to play until it's worth paying for" and the like.

Teknoman

Riposte said:
All I know is that when all the fixing is over(by the end of this year?), they could do real well by releasing this on the Vita at a discounted price.

Anyway, I hope people don't overhype 1.18 lol. I don't think we are getting jobs yet.

PSVita? How would that work?

Anyway 1.18 will probably be the main ground work for XIV resurrection, but its not going to be a "miracle patch" that fixes everything all at once. Here's hoping for the videos and stuff tomorrow. 1.18 itself has to come this week right?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Coldsnap said:
IM GONNA PLAY DUST 12345

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZxgEgG5Cg#t=01m50s

Ravidrath said:
I heard they had still wanted to release it in March, but Sony denied them due to the terrible launch.

That seems to have been the thing that REALLY told them they fucked up, and prompted the shuffling of the staff, the move to "free to play until it's worth paying for" and the like.
Really? Sony had something to do with it too? First time I heard that. I don't recall seeing that in any of the articles.

Ravidrath

Rentahamster said:
Really? Sony had something to do with it too? First time I heard that. I don't recall seeing that in any of the articles.

That is correct, you did not read that in any articles.

I'm a developer and former media... We talk to people.

Gromph

Staff Member
Teknoman said:
Aww just was about to post. Watching now.

That attack at the end? Holy crap at the lancer! Making gifs. Is that new?

New skill? I dont remeber any pug skill with 1 min recast.

Teknoman

Gromph said:
New skill? I dont remeber any pug skill with 1 min recast.

Well i'm not sure about Puglist, but I was refering to the sword skill and lancer skill attacks.

To touch on some other items under development, I’m happy to say that work on one raid area is complete, with the second hot on its heels. We just need to secure enough time for testing and optimizing balance…which, I’m afraid, will push the patch behind schedule. I’m very sorry for this, but given the tremendous size of the patch, I estimate that it’ll take two more weeks beyond the anticipated mid/late-June release date to deliver it to our fans. I promise you, though, that the extra time in development will be meaningful. The FINAL FANTASY XIV team is resolute as ever in its mission to bring about great and positive changes to Eorzea, and we ask for your continued understanding.

I guess this is ok? People who said it wasnt hitting mid June are going to have a field day though. Oh and I guess the Pugilist is getting some thief style skills?

Gromph

Staff Member
Teknoman said:
Well i'm not sure about Puglist, but I was refering to the sword skill and lancer skill attacks.

My bad, no new skills, lancer is using Chaos Thrust and PUG Blindside.
I’ll release all the juicy particulars closer to the release date, but for now here’s a rough sketch of the changes that are in the pipes, organized into bullet points.
Auto-attack functionality will be prioritized in 1.18.
Attack motion diversification and fine-tuning are planned for 1.19.
Battle classes only will receive auto-attack.
The stamina gauge will be abolished with the introduction of auto-attack.
Recast timers will be adjusted for certain actions obtained via quests and guild marks whose action costs were managed solely through the stamina gauge.
Certain actions dependent on the stamina gauge will have their effects adjusted.
Characters will be made able to switch between passive and active modes while moving.
Multiple attacks during auto-attack is also being planned for the future.

Teknoman

Nice didnt notice that, switching from auto and passive while moving. That is going to go a long way. Oh and whats that other gauge next to the class rank (both are 40)? Still physical?

Low quality but still:

xiv-1-o.gif

xiv-2-o.gif

xiv-3-o.gif

Were there always Goblins wandering around La Noscea? Also think they are going to have different music for different areas within the same region, or were they just using that other theme for display purposes?

EDIT: Apparently they redid Rage of Halone and Chaos Thrust.

Munba

Noticed the new field music? Dunno if that was only a placeholder but maybe we'll have new music for different parts (hopefully re-designed) of the region? ..hope so!

edit: like tekno said lol

A bit disappointed about missing other stuff in the letter but i like the new moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom