• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by EB this morning to grab Reach, and saw this. My buddy who works there told me to peep the system specs... my computer would literally melt.

Cmagus

disappeared said:
Stopped by EB this morning to grab Reach, and saw this. My buddy who works there told me to peep the system specs... my computer would literally melt.

Depends though if it's like the beta i mean even on lower settings it still looks great.

zlatko

Banned
Off to a GREEEAT start. /sarcasm

1) Don't see the code for my garland goggles anywhere with my order from Amazon. Not in email either.

2) Went to register the product key and it said the code has expired. So I got screwed there.

DrDogg

zlatko said:

1) Don't see the code for my garland goggles anywhere with my order from Amazon. Not in email either.

2) Went to register the product key and it said the code has expired. So I got screwed there.

Don't the goggles come with the standard edition? The CE comes with the arm guards right?

Cmagus

I dunno if Amazon had some special going on but you wouldn't get the goggles until you get the game the slip is in the case

zlatko

Banned
jiggle said:
u get the onion helm not goggle

Oh SE is clever. Thinking I'd buy two copies just for fancy items. My bad. I was under the assumption you'd get the goggles and the helm with the CE edition since we ponied up all the extra dough.

Glad to see the patcher didn't get any attention to be fixed so I wouldn't have to use megaupload/ffxiv core to get patches.

Idk wtf to do about the register code being in use. At first I thought it was my fault using an O instead of a 0, but I looked at their instructions on that page for which is whcih, and after trying both it it won't work. When it's the right code it says it's expired.

100% lame.

Zomba13

OK. Is the Gridania quest broken? I've been to the white wolf gate and no younglings cutscene. I've been all the way out too. wtf?

EDIT: Nevermind, had to go ALL the way down the white wolf gate road.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Anyone need's an jp assuran code? PM me. Only for JP version.

Jinko

Coldsnap said:
Jinko you were hating on the beta. What are your impressions of release? If it's like the beta will you stick around?

I wouldn't say I was hating on the beta, its love/hate relationship I have with it :p Kind of like 11.

I will be sticking with 14 at least 3-4 months or until Tera comes out.

As I said though release is basically identical to OB except less lag.

HAttyboy

I Finally Online on Lindblum but! Someone had already taken the name, so my new name is Yui Senpai. Have Pan fix the Linkshell?

Ravidrath

So two copies of XIV just arrived, confusingly.

Both were addressed to me on the box, but the packing slip for the second one was addressed to someone else entirely, in an entirely different part of the country.

Haint

zlatko said:

My product key worked, but the game registration code (that gives SE member points) said it was expired.

notworksafe

Jinko said:
Worse I would say, I'm getting less frames per second, duno why, all the settings are the same.
That's very odd. Is there any word on upcoming patches? I suppose it could just be initial server lag...

Coldsnap

Ravidrath said:

Both were addressed to me on the box, but the packing slip for the second one was addressed to someone else entirely, in an entirely different part of the country.

oh that's my copy, you can go ahead and ship it to my address, pm me.

;)

Pietepiet

Starting to think that starting off as a crafter was not such a good idea. A lot of the materials are pretty expensive, and I don't have nearly enough crystal shards for all this stuff. Will have to find a weapon and start doing some fighting.

Paznos

Ravidrath said:

I need a copy :( hehe, that's strange.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is Best Buy getting copies in store today? Their website says not available instore or online. Was thinking about picking this up since I have gift cards.

zlatko

Banned
Reallink said:
My product key worked, but the game registration code (that gives SE member points) said it was expired.

Yeah that's the one that is saying it's expired for me too.

Whatever I guess since I can play the game and it won't effect that, but it's a shame that it's not working since we were entitled to those points upon purchase. I doubt SE will fix it either.

As for the actual game thus far for 5 minutes on Cornelia server I noticed NPCs had weapons this time to sell, and that the menu lag is slightly better, but not a great deal by any means.

I might post more to see differences later on tonight, but I'm sure the rest of Gaf will have it all covered by then.

Jinko

notworksafe said:
That's very odd. Is there any word on upcoming patches? I suppose it could just be initial server lag...

Thats the thing no lag, connection icon is always green.

On a different subject, I need help deciding on whether to upgrade my CPU or GPU (can't afford to both right now), the game is using roughly 50-60% of my Q6600 and 30-60% of my Radeon 4870.

I'm thinking im more CPU restrained, what do you guys think ?

Amneisac

Well, I got my Onion Helm, Armguards, Right of Passage, and security token all setup and the patch is almost done installing.

PABLO HONEY is about to grace Lindblum with his big, red presence.

Cathcart

So has anyone found a mailbox yet? :lol I noticed the back of the onion helm card mentioned that an item acquired through a special code cannot be traded to another character, sold or sent through "the delivery service" so I guess there has to be some form of mail now or soonish.

Cathcart

jiggle said:
what is right of passage?
You enter a code on the website and they mail you a "birth certificate" for your character. Has their name, starting city and some other stuff on it. I'm going to put it right next to my diploma*.

* As soon as I find my diploma buried in one of the boxes I still haven't unpacked in the garage.

Cathcart

Coldsnap said:
Ah, this sounds like a start of a romance.
Dude do not marry a girl who plays an MMO. It starts off all great like hey she doesn't give me shit for playing FFXIV all night but then ten years later your baby ends up looking like that kid from Trainspotting because you were both camping NMs.

notworksafe

Cathcart said:
Dude do not marry a girl who plays an MMO. It starts off all great like hey she doesn't give me shit for playing FFXIV all night but then ten years later your baby ends up looking like that kid from Trainspotting because you were both camping NMs.
That's just fatigue. Have the kid switch to another class and it'll recover over time.

rSpooky

My wife just called me she installed the game on hour pc's and the patch is gonna take 9+ hours? ??

Any suggestions to get this faster? utorrent? rehosts somewhere , just like during the beta..

thx

edit: just saw the link at the bottom of the OP. will try that.

Amneisac

FWIW, my game was running much smoother until the crash. I felt like there was less input lag and the hardware mouse is MUCH better.

But then it crashed.

Cmagus

rSpooky said:
My wife just called me she installed the game on hour pc's and the patch is gonna take 9+ hours? ??

Any suggestions to get this faster? utorrent? rehosts somewhere , just like during the beta..

thx

edit: just saw the link at the bottom of the OP. will try that.

It might pick up mine said that for awhile then jumped to like 20 minutes all the sudden

Cmagus

So for anyone who is getting the regular edition I have a code and I feel generous for the right of passage certificate thing.I don't want it and won't use it so first to pm me can have my code

****GONE*****

DrDogg

SE changed the controller setup. No more macros on controller... at least the option isn't in the configuration menu. Now I can access the Action Menu and open chat though.

Ravidrath

Weird, I'm getting an error when I start the game asking me to set it to Windowed mode... Anyone else seen that?

Edit: Nevermind, it's a windower error. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom