• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ulairi said:
My collectors edition will be here tomorrow, if I go and buy a regular edition at Gamestop to get the other pre-order bonus can I have them all under the same account?

The code is in the box. You'd have to wait until the 30th, buy the game, use the code, then make your character.

vivin

Does anyone have any idea where we all meet up for the linkshell sacks? Ul'dah is *sorta* in the middle..maybe there?

Teknoman

So they only charge you that one time for the 1 character right?

Payment Method Crysta
Period Length 90 days
Service Period Sep. 22, 2010 - Oct. 21, 2010

Options Continued Automatically Amount Service Fee
Character
1 300 Crysta
Basic Service 999 Crysta
Trial Period Discount -1,299 Crysta
Total 0 Crysta

I chose 90 days hoping that would just kick in after the trial period. I'm guessing 3k Crysta would be enough for 1 character and 3 months, especially since they should only charge for that 1 character 1 time.

Jinko

Pai Pai Master said:
Okay so I have the red Registration card (says expired for some reason), the Buddy Pass code, the Right of Passage Code, and the Onion Helm code. Where the fuck is my FFXIV code so I can add the account??? The game came with nothing else.

EDIT: Oh god I'm dumb.

I did the same thing LMAO, I had to read part of the manual to find out where the code was :lol

Decay24

Neo Member
Sal's hardcore.

He left work on a 'shit' break to turn on his remote desktop program on his home pc so he could update FF14 from his work PC. :lol

Teknoman said:
What the...my Square Enix Members Product Registration Card code is expired? Everything else worked fine except for that.

It's like that for everyone.

Is there a discount for setting up an account for 6 months?

Salaadin

Pai Pai Master said:
It's like that for everyone.

Is there a discount for setting up an account for 6 months?

The 3 month plan has a discount. 6 month does as well.

30 days $9.99 (or 999 Crysta)
90 days $26.97 (or 2,697 Crysta)
180 days $47.94 (or 4,794 Crysta)
Character Fee 30 days $3.00 (or 300 Crysta)

Let me in

Pai Pai Master said:
Okay so I have the red Registration card (says expired for some reason), the Buddy Pass code, the Right of Passage Code, and the Onion Helm code. Where the fuck is my FFXIV code so I can add the account??? The game came with nothing else.

EDIT: Oh god I'm dumb.
You're not the only one.

Ravidrath

Gromph said:
Ishgard is still closed.

Their dialog in the open beta made me think there was a story thing that needed to happen before you could get in.

But it's entirely probable that that bit of story isn't accessible right now.

Salaadin

Absoludacrous said:
So everything is exactly like the beta but with less gold for quests?
Sounds like it.

What about those areas in some towns that were closed off? Theyre not still closed off, are they? The places where you get the "you cannot go any further" message.

Teknoman

Salaadin said:
The 3 month plan has a discount. 6 month does as well.

30 days $9.99 (or 999 Crysta)
90 days $26.97 (or 2,697 Crysta)
180 days $47.94 (or 4,794 Crysta)
Character Fee 30 days $3.00 (or 300 Crysta)

Alright, and you have to pick add new option to register at least one character right?

Jinko

Kandinsky said:
Is there a zone inbetween gridania and uldah regions?(forgot their names). Or is it the same as OB?, world seemed so small :/

No Zones added.

What about those areas in some towns that were closed off? Theyre not still closed off, are they? The places where you get the "you cannot go any further" message.

Still the same.

IonicSnake said:
Been to all citys now with my character and got the crystals there.

There is one zone between Gridania area and Ul'dah.

What crystals exactly?

I didn't visit any other cities during the beta and are there maps online?

Fuck it tears badly on fullscreen.

Whatever, I highly doubt they'll outright ban people for using windower. If anything there'll be a warning/temp ban. Though I can't see why they'd care after not caring with XI. Stupid of them not to add a no-border windowed option.

Salaadin

Kandinsky said:
Is there a zone inbetween gridania and uldah regions?(forgot their names). Or is it the same as OB?, world seemed so small :/

I felt like it couldve used a transition zone. It was weird that it went from vast jungle to barren desert just like that. To say the world seems small is silly though. Its huge.

Jinko said:
No Zones added.

Still the same.

Thats upsetting. Hopefully these arent version update plans and fall more into the "fix in the next few days" section.

Salaadin

I wonder if SE is considering the official launch of the game to be 9/30 and us early CE buyers will have a weeks worth of updates to open a lot of this stuff. It just boggles my mind that we have areas in the main cities still locked out. And that interview the other day seemed to strongly imply that there would be a ton of quests to do.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:
I did the same thing LMAO, I had to read part of the manual to find out where the code was :lol
Me too :lol

I was looking at that birth certificate code thing, and thinking, "What the hell this only has 4 sets of numbers/letters and the service account registration has 5?!?!"

Allard

Stuff has been added from Beta to Retail, its just they didn't add anything new for lower level people. Supposedly there are class quests that are supposed to appear once you get to a certain class level and its 'supposedly' similar to FFXI artifact quest (A long quest line with a story which inevitably ends in rewards designed for the class, probably just Guild Marks though). I'm guessing those will appear around lvl 18-20 because the first Guild Mark ability is gained as 'optimal' at that point. There are at least 69ish new quests in game outside of the standard tutorial quests (they have all been datamined, at least their names) and the two quest lines from each nation, and each nation supposedly got more stories added on as well but no one is high enough to see what they are yet.

Outside of that yeah not much has changed. The game 'feels' more stable to me, the UI lag is all but gone with exception to when you are trying to start a conversation with an NPC (slight 1-2 second lag to get the menu up, but once the item menus are up their is little to no lag), the Guild Leve timer went from 48 hours to 36, you still get the same 8 + 8 local and regional guild leve limit, the NPC's seemed to have had their items changed along with their items (most seem to cost more). Rewards from nation quests are toned down and they removed all but the most expensive shield from the NPC's so unless you want to farm 400k gil, you probably want to find a crafter to make you a shield (good luck!). Basically if you had a problem with the core gameplay during beta, you will have a problem in early retail. Thankfully I enjoyed myself in Beta and actually just played sporadically. We might also have a patch on the real launch day, this is pre-release after all but even if we don't the game, in my opinion, is more then playable. Just get some friends and work on crafting with each other so you can all get properly geared since the market ward is sure to be a wreck for a long while till they get some form of item search in.

One thing to note that does make a huge difference between beta and retail... the UI lag nearly gone and the sense of permenance makes all the difference in enjoyability. The game is a grind, just as much as FFXI and perhaps even more obviously since almost everyone is soloing in the early levels. Grinds suck, but they suck even more in beta when you know the grind is pointless. Getting levels actually feels like you are getting somewhere now just purely because of that psychological reason and it changes the enjoyment factor a ton.

jiggle

OMG
why did they let you register your asuran armbands early
and then have it locked out of the FFXIV service account you create after registering your game!!!!!!!!!????

WTF caveman shit is this?

Magnus

Wow, this really snuck up, didn't it?

First numbered Final Fantasy I won't be getting on day one since VII. Kind of bizarre.

I hope this does well, for the record, but can't see myself trying it.

Salaadin

jiggle said:
OMG
why did they let you register your asuran armbands early
and then have it locked out of the FFXIV service account you create after registering your game!!!!!!!!!????

WTF caveman shit is this?

Mine worked just fine. I added the armbands yesterday and then FFXIV today. When I click on the options, FFXIV shows up as well as the armbands.

tenderoni

Neo Member
So where do I download the patch torrents and what do I do with them after? Saying 9 hours left on the download through SE. Unacceptable.

jiggle

Salaadin said:
Mine worked just fine. I added the armbands yesterday and then FFXIV today. When I click on the options, FFXIV shows up as well as the armbands.

did you choose to use the beta FFXIV service account?

cuz that's what it's attached to =.=

Decay24

Neo Member
Salaadin said:

Mine are registered too.

I did mine to my beta account as well but also registered the retail game to the same account the beta was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom