• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 detected a Trojan.Generic.5934904 on a temp file while patch 1.18 was being installed.

The file was: ...\FINAL FANTASY XIV\client\script\129s9\wu7\658p3\q5rqs9166pw35vw5wqs9w75.le.lpb.tmp2

Probably a false positive, but thought about share it around anyway.

jiggle

anyone know of a solution for this?

whenever i run ffxiv config, it would crash after i try to confirm the changes

i had this before i uninstalled the game the first time
and having the problem again after reinstallation

i really want to change some of the options in the config XD

bardia

Going to give this game a shot again. I would totally re roll to play with GAF if I didn't have so much gil.....do not want to spend all that time getting it back :(

Buttons

frequency said:
I thought they were doing away with physical level and stat allocation and stuff this patch?

That's in the next patch, 1.19. :)

Was in-game for a while before I crashed and can't get back in but damn it's amazing. New music, shadows and lighting seem better, company buildings are amazing... will make a big blog post this weekend. :D

frequency

Buttons said:

Was in-game for a while before I crashed and can't get back in but damn it's amazing. New music, shadows and lighting seem better, company buildings are amazing... will make a big blog post this weekend. :D
Not sure why I thought it was 1.18. Oh well.
I look forward to the post!

I got in like 3 times, but never lasted more than maybe 5 minutes. I couldn't even make it out of Ul'dah. I think I'm done trying for the evening.
Is it wrong that the thing I most want to see right now is just the different music?

Allard

Buttons said:

Yeah I got to play around for a bit before my crash too. For those that can't get on, they now have new music for select sub areas and they also out right removed music in others (so its quiet). Right now the settlements mainly seem to hubs where you get to sent to for quests rather then starting them. Got a quest in the mining guild to head out to the coffers settlement but I crashed upon teleporting.

All the cities are now decked in the colors of the companies, banners are raised all over the city. Also it looks like they must have done some optimization as my FPS took a jump, shadows are now more fluid and the camera is super fast if you want it to be, it just 'feels' like a different game. Auto-attack only occurs when you have the action bar up and out of passive mode. Basically you stop attacking or dont attack till you bring that bar up. Also they heavily changed the mob redistribution, there are now more mobs all around, and lots of new aggro mobs everywhere. Got attacked by a group of mitelings to the north of Camp Horizon on my lvl 16 Lancer, the place had absolutely zero aggro mobs before, just aldagoats, swarms and doblyns.

Edit: Also the the items you can get from your companies currency are actually very useful, both from a one time stand point (gear) and from consumable standpoint. They have flasks that cut down on weakness, manuals that temporary increase skill gain for crafting and gathering disiciplines, 999 arrow stacks for archer etc.

frequency

Maybe I'm just slow but... Can anyone figure out the difference between Targeting Type A and C?

I like the new icons. They look way less... blurry. And the floating cursor is great. I didn't like the swirly circle obscuring my targets before!

I got booted trying out the different targeting settings though :(

I think I'm really done trying to log in and stay in for more than 5 minutes now. I'll play sometime over the weekend when not everyone is trying to log in at the same time.

Allard

Theres new music in places like Nophica Wells etc. Las Noscea had its music changed too.

Also just about finished the first company quest for Ul'dah. The battle music used during it is seriously epic. Where the hell were they hiding these gems?

I was getting lobby errors for about 30-40 minutes. I finally get to the character select screen and every time I try to connect I either get a server error or get placed in the queue that doesn't work. Summer event isn't even up anyway so I think I'm going to call it quits.

The changes they've made aren't bad at all. I do think auto-attack is way too slow though, I got a lot more hits out when it was "push the button for Light Slash/Stab".

The Grand Company quests are cool. They should really think about adding more cutscene type interactions to the quests in the game so they don't seem as bland.

One bug I did notice is that the area around Camp Horizon now has no music at all. Nophica's Wells did get some sweet new music, as stated earlier.

I think I am going to reroll a character (Lancer) in Gridania. So sick of the dry landscape around Uldah. Out of the three cities Gridania looks the best imo.

Also a quick question. Does the game have any bosses? ie: storyline battles like FF XI's Shadowlord, etc.

Whogie

Ooo, I like that they dropped the rank requirements for some missions.

Rentahamster said:
Nerfs ahoy!!!
Seriously, nerfing Levequest gil!? I need this game to be more appealing...
I just tried a rank 20 leve and got 600 gil...

Teknoman said:
Oh direct downloads:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105963-Patch-1.18-Direct-Download-links

Either that or use the Utorrent client to download the patch. Blazing along to be done in an hour.
Thanks. I was getting a flat 0 bytes/sec from SE, and 2.1MB/s from this link.

Teknoman said:
Everyone that ever owned FFXIV is trying to log in at the same time due to this patch.

I don't have it installed...

Whogie said:
Seriously, nerfing Levequest gil!? I need this game to be more appealing...
I just tried a rank 20 leve and got 600 gil...

Squenix is really late in lowering gil gain. People who played since launch have 10+ million gil, the hardcore crafters easily have 50-100 million gil, so I don't know what the hell they are doing lowering gil gain for new players after it's way, way too late. Well, a lot of those people have quit anyways.

Munba

The new music in Gridania Grand Companies HQ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3cxIGWkv4

It's a totally new music, not present in the entire alpha OST leaked. And.. if my hears don't betray me, it has Mizuta vibe. Actually involved for extra music? mmh.

edit: i really like they have put several other songs in every region, depend on you are. I was hoping for this.

edit2: about dungeon lv50:
confirmed a new boss after the Ogre one lol

Thoraxes

Munba said:
The new music in Gridania Grand Companies HQ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3cxIGWkv4

It's a totally new music, not present in the entire alpha OST leaked. And.. if my hears don't betray me, it has Mizuta vibe. Actually involved for extra music? mmh.

edit: i really like they have put several other songs in every region, depend on you are. I was hoping for this.

edit2: about dungeon lv50:
confirmed a new boss after the Ogre one lol
Just a hunch, but I have a feeling this will be like XI with the music all over again, with the only difference being that Uematsu did all of what we can call "Vanilla XIV" instead of working with a team like what happened with the original XI OST.

Teknoman

All the new music is awesome, and Hall of Flames sounds like FF tactics.

Also classic FF victory pose cutscene after finishing a dungeon boss confirmed.

Munba

Dunno about it but it is behind a blocked passage that it's possibile to access in it, doing something (dunno what lol).

Teknoman

Munba said:
Dunno about it but it is behind a blocked passage that it's possibile to access in it, doing something (dunno what lol).

All we did was break down the barriers to find the top most passage and the center. Didnt mess with the bottom since that was probably the easiest. First time we only saved
moogles
and the next
one of those woodkin people
whose name escapes me atm and some
moogles
. Both the top and center paths we faught variations of
giant diremites with crazy monster reinforcements

Just answer me this, is it the same species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom