• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

I generally can finish off the local, field and battle leves in about 2 hours of play if you plan them out so you are visiting the same camps to turn in rewards and such. So to lose 4 leves is somewhat annoying, although I always do 8 crafting, 4 field and 4 battle, so I'll likely just cut battle out competely. Allowing them to stack up is nice, but I'll likely use them up once a night anyway. Although I guess when I'm busy with a full inventory of grind crafts I don't have to stand up to go get leves now.

If anything this might push me away from the game since now I don't feel the need to make sure I log on to complete my leves, so catering to the players who don't really play seems like it's going to do little to help server population.

I'll be curious to see how often they reset though, what good will 99 leves be if they change how often they reset to a longer period of time? Hopefully it will all reset every 4 hours, but who knows.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey, I know Victrix dropped a few names, but are there any others on Lindblum to contact? I'm installing it after work and want to get involved with everyone ASAP so I can enjoy the game to it's fullest. :)

Teknoman

I just wish they could get the large patches out sooner, especially after saying how they would be able to do so after the base for the new battle system was implemented...and that 1.19 is supposed to add a decent amount of content to take on. I think what im missing most atm are exp chains (coming in 1.19) and party based story battles.

Ashodin

nicoga3000 said:
Hey, I know Victrix dropped a few names, but are there any others on Lindblum to contact? I'm installing it after work and want to get involved with everyone ASAP so I can enjoy the game to it's fullest. :)
You can add me, Ashodin Venteal. I'm on sometimes.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
nicoga3000 said:
The ppl he mentioned are the ones that can give you a linkpearl to the LS.

QisTopTier said:
I still have a buddy pass, do they just not work anymore?

It still works

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I ended up sending a few tells and got into the LS. :) Thanks for the help! Super great group of people - very very helpful and talkative, so it makes the whole experience really great.

Victrix

*beard*
Yep, FFXIV gaf is great.

What's your ign nico? I've got some low level jobs I'd like to level, I'd be happy to bash marmots/goats/lizards with you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Krystal Alysia

I'm rank 10 Archer now, and I plan to just level that for now. If I don't focus on one job for a bit, I'll get overwhelmed with stuff to do. Although, I'd like to get THM and CON up for cure, spikes, and shell. And I sort of need to get a crafting job up so I can make my own arrows and bows.

Oh lord, it's starting again... -_-

Is there any way to try this out? I almost bought it today but I would like to know what to expect performance wise before I take the plunge. Any trials or whatevers?

nicoga3000 said:
Pretty sure you just have to buy the game to try it. There's no trial or buddy passes anymore.

I see, thanks. Probably going to wait it out for the PS3 version then. Sounds like they have a lot of work going on right now on it anyway, but I was very tempted when I saw it at Gamestop today. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
brandonh83 said:
I see, thanks. Probably going to wait it out for the PS3 version then. Sounds like they have a lot of work going on right now on it anyway, but I was very tempted when I saw it at Gamestop today. :p

The PS3 version STILL isn't out? :| That's kinda crappy. It's too bad they DON'T have a demo, but I mean, you could test out with the benchmark?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
brandonh83 said:
Is there any way to try this out? I almost bought it today but I would like to know what to expect performance wise before I take the plunge. Any trials or whatevers?
There's a benchmark out.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/

The game as it is now runs a little smoother than it does in the benchmark. With a little googling, you should be able to find examples of people with similar specs to yours who tried to play FF14.

FreeMufasa

Just started playing this. Outside of playing WoW for a few days at launch, this is my first MMO experience and damn it's confusing. But i'm starting to learn stuff slowly. I can see how it can be a lot of fun with a bunch of friends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
FreeMufasa said:
Just started playing this. Outside of playing WoW for a few days at launch, this is my first MMO experience and damn it's confusing. But i'm starting to learn stuff slowly. I can see how it can be a lot of fun with a bunch of friends.

Did you start on Lindblum? I'm still only ARC 14, so I could use a leveling buddy. And yes, the game is confusing as hell, but the GAF guild has been nothing but helpful in getting me up to speed with anything I'm confused on!

FreeMufasa

nicoga3000 said:
Did you start on Lindblum? I'm still only ARC 14, so I could use a leveling buddy. And yes, the game is confusing as hell, but the GAF guild has been nothing but helpful in getting me up to speed with anything I'm confused on!

Damn, nope. I should have checked to see what server gaf are on. I think i'm on Selbine, which seems to be mostly Japanese people. I now know understand all those jokes of these games taking your life. I only sat down to have a quick look and ended up playing for 2 hours. Way too addicting.

I'm on my brothers PC whilst he's out for the weekend as mine couldn't handle the game. I'm thinking of starting FFXI on my PC when he gets back.

Coldsnap

1147_22.jpg

Sweet, loot colors. I fucking hate that... I'm out!

Teknoman

1163_2.jpg

Beast tribe boss time:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=224375bfc2ebdd8984375142d5ff36a47e80bc9b

More than just one being added of course, and the bosses seem like they'll actually look much different or at least have different equipment than normal.

UI Adjustments:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/23536-dev1135-UI-Adjustments?p=333193#post333193

Nice on the level difference highlights and comparisons for equipment, as well as /tell sounds.

EDIT: Aw whats wrong with loot colors? Either way, it seems like 1.19 will be packed with adjustments and contents as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking at the chat settings, I didn't notice anything about adding new chat tabs. Is this still not an option? I can't figure out how to, and it doesn't seem to be coming...

E: Also, FreeMufasa, if you're not too attached, you should come over to Lindblum. It's an awesome experience over there and would be worth your time. :)

Rising_Hei

I'm glad they didn't release the PS3 version yet, the current game would crash on PS3 if it was released right now.

Maybe next year if SE made the game already worth it.

FreeMufasa

nicoga3000 said:
Looking at the chat settings, I didn't notice anything about adding new chat tabs. Is this still not an option? I can't figure out how to, and it doesn't seem to be coming...

E: Also, FreeMufasa, if you're not too attached, you should come over to Lindblum. It's an awesome experience over there and would be worth your time. :)

Is there anyway to transfer my character? If not i don't mind starting again.

EDIT: Hmm guess it's not possible. I'll remake my character in a bit.

Teknoman

Rising_Hei said:
I'm glad they didn't release the PS3 version yet, the current game would crash on PS3 if it was released right now.

Maybe next year if SE made the game already worth it.

Most likely sometime very early 2012, December 2011 would be optimistic. These big restructuring patches are helping, but they are also supposed to be working alongside optimizing the PS3 version and making continuous improvements to PC to help it run better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think you can transfer your character at the moment, and depending on your progress, it's probably not worth it even if it is. I'm leveling CRP and BOT at the moment, but I really need to level CON/THM for the buffs that I can get while solo'ing. It would be more enjoyable to do that with a partner, so let me know if you come over and get in the GAF LS.

Ravidrath

I think these will be new sub-areas grafted onto the existing map.

They've said in interviews they want each region to have three areas with different feels, so a Beastman Stronghold seems like a good candidate for one of those.

Rawk Hawk said:
What doesn't?

...Towels?

Any of you motherfuckers gonna play Gears of War 3?

We should gather 4 of us and go through the final Campaign of the trilogy, for old times sake. Just like a 4 person LIGHT PARTY, but with chainsaw bayonets!

Coldsnap

Unknown Soldier said:
Any of you motherfuckers gonna play Gears of War 3?

We should gather 4 of us and go through the final Campaign of the trilogy, for old times sake. Just like a 4 person LIGHT PARTY, but with chainsaw bayonets!

YES! Add me on xbox live ColdsnapBryan, I played like 250 hours of #2 and will be playing the shit outta #3.

IonicSnake said:
Finally dinged rank 50 with mrd. :D

Awesome! o/

Teknoman

I would, but i'm waiting to see whats going to happen/how long its going to take them to finish the investigation on my live account.

EDIT: Victrix got banned?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Being completely honest, I don't have any adverse feelings towards loot colors. I mean, I'll admit that I was a WoW addict for a few years, so I grew into it. But loot colors are what you make them.

Riposte

nicoga3000 said:
Being completely honest, I don't have any adverse feelings towards loot colors. I mean, I'll admit that I was a WoW addict for a few years, so I grew into it. But loot colors are what you make them.

I find them very tacky since they don't have any strategic value. But I don't really spend much time looking at item boxes.

Riposte

They talk about "full allegiance" with a company... no one ever says anything definitive about which company they want to join.

djplaeskool said:
I can imagine it now...

"La-la-la this isn't so ba-HOLYSHITBOGEYSGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF...Mission Failed."

Why does this NPC love dead-ends with scorpions so much?!

FreeMufasa

nicoga3000 said:
I don't think you can transfer your character at the moment, and depending on your progress, it's probably not worth it even if it is. I'm leveling CRP and BOT at the moment, but I really need to level CON/THM for the buffs that I can get while solo'ing. It would be more enjoyable to do that with a partner, so let me know if you come over and get in the GAF LS.

Looks like it'll be a while to I can get back on XIV. Atleast untill i buy a new PC. I'm gonna play XI for the mean time but somehow I really wanna get back on XIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom