• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Can someone translate this:

こんばんは。

よ~~~し次は15fpsだな

技術的には15fps自体を実装することは可能です。

ただし、まずはパッチ1.19にて30fpsをお試しいただければと思います。

PCの環境は人それぞれ違いますので、フィードバックをいただきながら、
その上で、15fpsの実装検討を含め、快適な動作のために対応は継続して行っていきます

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Teknoman said:
Can someone translate this:

こんばんは。

よ~~~し次は15fpsだな

技術的には15fps自体を実装することは可能です。

ただし、まずはパッチ1.19にて30fpsをお試しいただければと思います。

PCの環境は人それぞれ違いますので、フィードバックをいただきながら、
その上で、15fpsの実装検討を含め、快適な動作のために対応は継続して行っていきます

Good Evening

OK~~~ so next is 15 FPS

Technically it's possible to implement 15fps

However, first we would like for you to try the 30fps in patch 1.19.

PC's environment varies depending on the person, therefore we would like to receive feedbacks first then on top of that be able to look into releasing 15fps and continue to make other changes which may ease (make it more enjoyable) the play.

From here

Jinko

chocobo video looks cool, no animation between the sunmon and getting on the bird though.
Maybe they plan to add that in later.

Looks like 1.19 is going to be a decent size patch.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Metalmurphy said:
Everyone's gonna come back after this patch. Servers are gonna die lol.
Nah, many players will wait until 1.20 for new jobs and stuff like that.

Keiician said:
Nah, many players will wait until 1.20 for new jobs and stuff like that.

I'm waiting for 1.20. I would like to see the feedback for 1.19 and want to let a lot of content build up so I have plenty to do when I get back in. I prepaid the max Crysta amount on both my account and my wife's so we are definitely coming back. I just don't want to get soured on the whole thing again.

Then again with all the games coming out this holiday season and my massive backlog, I may wait it out even longer, possibly until they start charging for it.

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
Around 0:23 and 0:59 in the upper right corner is what looks like... a spire of light, or an energy column?

It's way too far in the distance to be an Aetherial Node, I think...

Either a plume of smoke from a campfire (beastman stronghold?) or some odd new disturbance that has to do with whatever calamity is coming soon.

UPDATE:

Just a heads up - the music in the video is for rental chocobos. Personal chocobos will have different music. KWEH.

Megaton.

mileS

Chocobo movement looks slow.. I dunno. Personally I won't think about coming back until they add something more to the boring lifeless world.. Oh and maybe make the combat more exciting than (insert something incredibly dull here)

Teknoman

I say just keep coming back and messing around after every major patch until the game has something substantial to do all the time.

Riposte

mileS said:
Chocobo movement looks slow.. I dunno. Personally I won't think about coming back until they add something more to the boring lifeless world.. Oh and maybe make the combat more exciting than (insert something incredibly dull here)

Let me control three characters at once(probably with some gambits and character switching) and combat will be much less dull.

Teknoman

Yo Cloud, Yoshi brought the materia:

Naoki_Yoshida
Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here.

This will be my last long post for the week!
As you have all been waiting patiently for info, the first half of this post will be about the materia craft concept and the latter encompassing the specifications. The numbers for the sample specs are still under adjustment, so please understand that these values may change before release.

Since this is a pretty lengthy amount of text, feel free to enjoy it in your down time over the weekend or in between playing!

The Aim of Materia Craft
The whole goal of materia craft is to create a system where crafters, gatherers, and battle classes can all play together. Materia is developed through battles and crafting, and attached to weapons and equipment that was created by crafters and gatherers. This plan was designed so that this relationship and style of playing will circulate endlessly even if higher tier craft items are added.

Below is a snippet from the synopsis I created.

Materia is an item that is made up of crystallized memories of a piece of equipment that you possessed a spirit bond with and deemed its role was finished. Materia cannot be used alone and it will become a material for crafters using the new synthesis system, "materia crafting." (Original text)

This has just about been implemented just like this.

Converting Weapons and Armor to Materia
In MMORPGs a ton of weapons and armor are introduced into the game.
Even for the items you earn when leveling your character, all players develop some sort of bond or memory with them much more for MMORPGs than console RPGs.
Even if you obtain really powerful weapons and armor, since you just obtained them, you won’t have as much of a bond or any memories like you do with the gear you are currently using. However, your memories and bond are bottled up inside the weapons and armor that you have been using until now. Materia is just that! A crystallization of those memories and bonds.

Since materia is filled with that bond, it will serve to power-up your next piece of equipment. This was essentially my thinking when this plan was formulated.

Materia Attachment to New Weapons and Armor
Attaching materia to a brand-new piece of equipment has a 100% success rate. The reason for attachment being 100% is ensure than you can inherit the memories and bond that filled the equipment you used up until now. Furthermore, it’s possible to attach materia to all 7 slots of your character equipment (besides accessories), so you will be able to make really significant enhancements if you attach materia to each slot.

However, since materia is solidly inserted, if you remove a materia that has been attached, it will be destroyed. With this said, make sure to carefully select which item you want to attach that materia which is filled with spirit bond.

Until this point, it is the pinnacle of casual as anyone that spends a bit of time can do this.

Forbidden Materia Craft
The "forbidden materia craft" was created to forcibly add multiple additional "memories" to a single weapon or piece of armor.

This craft is forbidden because adding more than one materia is pushing the limits of the item and includes a high risk alongside it. Therefore taking part in this will include a huge risk. If successful, a single weapon or piece of armor will be equipped with at least two materia, and the power of the materia will cumulate to strengthen the player’s abilities. However, if this process fails, both the gear and materia will be destroyed in the resulting explosion.

Upcoming battle content will be balanced based on regular materia craft. The forbidden materia craft will not be involved in balance considerations, so there is no need to worry. By using the forbidden materia craft, it may result in the emergence of incredibly strong players, but we think that this is well deserved considering the level of risks involved.

Materia Created from Weapons and Armor
Now I’ll discuss the specifications of the materia system.
We have plans to update the Lodestone announcement accordingly prior to the release of patch 1.19.

As we previously stated in the announcement, materia includes four tiers of potency:
Materia I (small effect)
Materia II (medium effect)
Materia III (large effect)
Materia IV (very large effect)
An equipment’s level will have an impact on what materia tier will be created, along with the chance of creating a higher tier materia. For example, if you were to transform a level 1 item into a materia, it will have a high chance of creating a tier I materia. In addition, it will have a very small chance of creating a materia one tier higher (in this case, a tier II).

On the other hand, a tier III or IV materia will not be created through a level 1 item.
Basically, the higher level the item is, the higher the chance it will create a grade III or IV materia.

In order to create a materia, the spiritbond level on the item must be maxed out.
The spiritbond level on an item is increased through usage, such as using them in battle. If the item is used in battle, the rate that spiritbond will increase will differ depending on the enemy you fight and if the item is optimal for your level. If you were to use an optimal item, the spiritbond level will be maxed out within a few hours of play time.

Once the spiritbond level is maxed, you will have the option of turning the item into a materia via command. It will not automatically turn into a materia upon the max level of spiritbond.

Generally, only crafted items can be materialized at max spiritbond level. Additionally, items with materia already attached can also be turned into materia. However, it will have no impact on the material that will be produced.
You will not be able to turn powerful items, such as unique/untradeable items obtained from notorious monsters, into materia.

Details Regarding the Different Types of Materia
We plan to implement about 80 types of materia in patch 1.19.
There will be various types of materia such as "Intelligence (increases INT)" and "Ironman’s Will (increases STR and VIT)."
The 80 types of materia are not randomly generated from weapons and armor. There is a pattern regarding what kind of materia is produced (i.e. INT materia will not be produced from swords and axes, etc.)

The Difference Between Materia I and Materia IV
I will use the “Vitality” materia to explain the tier differences.

Materia I / Materia II / Materia III / Materia IV - “Vitality”
Effect: Increases max HP
Where the materia can be attached: Shield / Body / Legs / Feet / Belt (5 locations total)
Maximum stat bonus obtained via combined materia: +280
Maximum stat obtained from a Materia IV: +28
The difference between a tier I materia and a tier IV materia lies in the amount of HP increased through a single materia. For example, a tier I will grant you +5 HP per materia and the tier IV will grant you +28 HP per materia.

In addition, not all tier IV "Vitality" materia will grant you +28 HP. In some cases, it may give you +24 HP, etc.

What Equipment Can Materia be Attached to
Materia can be equipped on the following seven parts:

Weapons(Main weapon/shield) / Head / Body / Hands / Legs / Feet / Belt

Any type of materia can be infused to a weapon (main weapon)/shield without any other materia with 100% success rate. When infusing materia, a catalyst item obtained by gatherers will be necessary. When removing materia from a weapon (main weapon)/shield, the materia will be destroyed.

Maximum Materia Limits
Multiple materia can be equipped at once, and using the forbidden materia craft will enable users to equip a higher number of materia. As such, each parameter will have an upper limit set up (example: HP increase will be capped at +280 for all gear equipped).

Success Rates for Forbidden Materia Craft
Success rates will be determined for forbidden materia craft, and success rates will differ based on whether two or three materia are infused. Whether or not the item to be infused with materia is HQ or not will also affect success rates. More powerful materia, such as tier IV, will have lower success rates, and the type of materia already infused will affect success rates as well. The system will calculate these success rates, and the rates will be displayed prior to beginning the infusion process.

Conclusion
This concludes my summary on the concepts and specs for materia craft. Information regarding the types of effects, stats, and locations of materia will be posted on The Lodestone when ready. As evident, the specs of materia craft are complex, and there will be many types of materia with different stats and applicable locations created from each gear item. I hope that crafters will be able to take on difficult requests from their Linkshell members and other players to create gear that offers both good looks and good performance using materia craft.

Materia craft, just like the other crafter/gatherer specs, will continue to be expanded, so we would like to continue development of materia craft following patch 1.19 incorporating user feedback!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This materia info makes me tingle in most of the right places. Very promising, but easy to screw up. Just like a lot of the elements in the game already that are really really good ideas, but are implemented into the game in a most terrible fashion.

I really hope it works out well. 5000 HP Marauder tank, here I come!

lol, we'll see.

kiryogi

Banned
Hey, if I can get around faster versus on foot, that'll make things so much more bearable. And sorry I haven't been around, long streak of work and more new games XD I'll be there to get mah bird tho!

Riposte

Upcoming battle content will be balanced based on regular materia craft. The forbidden materia craft will not be involved in balance considerations, so there is no need to worry. By using the forbidden materia craft, it may result in the emergence of incredibly strong players, but we think that this is well deserved considering the level of risks involved.

I don't like this one bit, especially since it is entirely chance based. Then again, there is no balance in anything but level capped content(which means the end-game only), so nothing would be lost anyway.

Aside from that, I really like the materia system. I am kind of hoping they find a way to use this to really differentiate all the types of equipment out there which are otherwise equally blank slates.

neoemonk

I have a friend who has been trying to get me to play this. He's been playing on and off since launch, and he's about to hit level 50. I've been toying with the idea for a few weeks, as it's only $30 and there's currently no sub fee. It's just sort of weird to think about starting this game now.

neoemonk said:
I have a friend who has been trying to get me to play this. He's been playing on and off since launch, and he's about to hit level 50. I've been toying with the idea for a few weeks, as it's only $30 and there's currently no sub fee. It's just sort of weird to think about starting this game now.

Only $30? More like $4

Eccocid

7 more ranks till 50 as a pugilist! the most boring class in a party lol!

What am i gonna do neeeeeeeeeeeext?

I wanan rank up archer but they will probably uber nerf it soon

Buttons

Finally hit Lancer 50 last night. ^_^/ New blog post is up. :3

http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.com/2011/09/rank-50-lancer-buttons.html

ffxivgame2011-09-0622-gza0.jpg

ffxivgame2011-09-0622-nxwd.jpg

ffxivgame2011-09-1816-3b9i.jpg

Teknoman

Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here!

Since posting on Friday night (well, actually I guess it was Saturday morning), I read over all your feedback!
I was thinking to post a tiny bit after tomorrow, but checking today I saw quite a bit of posts, so here is some quick information.

・Looking into changing the name of “Spirit Bond.” (This is important, so let’s hear your feedback!)
・Looking into materia conversion of EX/RARE item next update
 (With the premise that EX/RARE will not yield special stats when converted to materia)
・Materia attachment to EX/RARE items will currently not be possible (Depends on content updates)
・The calculation system fixes are being implemented at the same time, so it will be possible to feel the weight of stats +1(Matsui is doing his best!)
 (In anticipation of this, materia stats are also being adjusted. Currently on the home stretch)
・It will be possible to convert secondary tools into materia, as well as attach materia to them.(Forgot to write this…)

The materia craft introduction system will be added as quests.
Also, after writing out the full specifications of the system, it definitely seems quite complicated. However, for the actual process of adding a single piece of materia to a single item, while there will be certain requirements of materia effects that can be attached depending on the equipment slot, there is no fear of failure and it will only enhance your equipment, so it’s really not as complicated as it looks.
This is essentially the starting line.

Once you start to get fixated on stats and begin target and hunt down materia effects, you will need to have a good grasp of the specifics. However, since this is a game it is only natural.
I’d like to officially release the stats as much as possible!

Since this is content that I would like to update for a long time from here on out, besides for the “forbidden” aspect, it is being created to be as simple as possible.
(My explanation was probably bad)

I hope you are all in suspense for the materia that can be created in patch 1.19 and enhance yourselves as you like.

I shall post again!

Eccocid

LOL i got so bored and created a LS called "We Love Goudron" and saw some RMT Lalafels in front of Bric Brac and tried to invite them and they actually accepted to join my LS!

Darte

Letter from the Producer, XVIII (09/21/2011)
Hello everyone, Yoshi-P here.

First of all, I have to apologize for the briefness of this letter. Things are pretty hectic here, what with work on patch 1.19 well into its final stages, and I ask for your understanding. (I promise to write a nice, beefy letter next time!)

But let’s talk about 1.19. The team has been working like a whirlwind to get things done on time, focusing mainly on bug fixes and balance tweaks. I’ve been getting my hands dirty as well, test-playing all aspects of the patch.

I realize that many of you were expecting the patch to arrive this week, but right now the team is looking at a September 30 release. Certain contents are a bit iffy to make to the deadline, and because of this, there’s a chance that the date will get pushed back a few days. We want to deliver as much content as possible to you, but at the same time want to make sure that everything gets enough QA and balancing time. I’m really sorry we’re cutting it close, and ask for your patience for a while longer.

Now, I know this won’t make up for much, but I’m planning to release the patch notes early this time. Just for good measure, here’s a little preview of what’s coming in 1.19:

An additional hundred item slots per character
An additional fifty item slots per retainer

Details are on the way, so stay tuned!

Ah, I should also mention that FINAL FANTASY XIV will celebrate its first anniversary on September 30. To mark this momentous occasion, I’m planning a Letter from the Producer that’s “livelier” than usual. Will have more to tell soon!

Alright, I better get back to work. Talk to you again soon!
Yoshi-P uses Chocobo Dash!
Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/24201?p=346758#post346758

Hell yea! Been walking around with 90/100 and retainers filled up to the max thanks to these bloody event items! No more! (for a while anyway)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Munba

I'm not able to figure out the black character above with the "blades" on the back. And so the galka under the paladin, dressed with that strange mace and horns... maybe Viking class? :0 In any case, awesome art as always by Yoshida.

edit: bow with harp... bard confirmed!

Sin

Munba said:
I'm not able to figure out the black character above with the "blades" on the back. And so the galka under the paladin, dressed with that strange mace and horns... maybe Viking class? :0 In any case, awesome art as always by Yoshida.

edit: bow with harp... bard confirmed!

The top one must be Dragoon. I am highly disappointed if so, since seeing the 'Evil Armour' illustration from a while back I always assumed it was going to be for Dark Knight. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom