• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Nerf bat smacked it in the face hard !

MRD is probably more fun to play if you want to tank, but bear in mind that 1.21 will bring in paladin which will require GLD as your main class.

But you will need both class to get the paladin quest.

1.20 is probably going to see a lot of changes in how we play certain classes and im guessing tanking will change dramtically, we find out on Wednesday.

Mature

It's safe to say a lot of preconceived notions about classes will change anyway after 1.20, isn't it?

edit: Jinko beat me =]

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, 1.20 is coming soon? So ARC got mega nerfed, PLD or whatever they're calling it will require GLD, but MRD is also required.

Well in that case, I'll try and get on after work tonight and start up MRD. If anyone in the GAF LS has some extra lowbie MRD/GLD gear (because I'll do both eventually) that they're willing to donate, that would be super rad. :) And if anyone is looking to start rolling a fresh class, I'd love the company!

Nakazato

Jinko said:
Nerf bat smacked it in the face hard !

MRD is probably more fun to play if you want to tank, but bear in mind that 1.21 will bring in paladin which will require GLD as your main class.

But you will need both class to get the paladin quest.

1.20 is probably going to see a lot of changes in how we play certain classes and im guessing tanking will change dramtically, we find out on Wednesday.
1.20 is wed ?

Darte

nah but they are going to supposedly announce sometime this week what exactly is changing in terms of abilities/traits/whatever for classes

Nakazato

Darte said:
nah but they are going to supposedly announce sometime this week what exactly is changing in terms of abilities/traits/whatever for classes
ok thanks for the heads up was getting worried about the monthly payment lol xD

Allard

nicoga3000 said:
Wow, 1.20 is coming soon? So ARC got mega nerfed, PLD or whatever they're calling it will require GLD, but MRD is also required.

Well in that case, I'll try and get on after work tonight and start up MRD. If anyone in the GAF LS has some extra lowbie MRD/GLD gear (because I'll do both eventually) that they're willing to donate, that would be super rad. :) And if anyone is looking to start rolling a fresh class, I'd love the company!

As others have mentioned, 1.20 is coming 'soonish' but not quite Wednesday :p..

Archer got nerfed in the transfer over to the new stats system and several key abilities to its repertoire got nerfed heavily alongside it (Stealthily I might add, I should know, it was my highest combat class :X). They nerfed multi-shot heavily, the damage increase abilities also got nerfed, especially in conjunction with multi-shot. Those two changes alone made it go from highest tier DD to one of the lowest.

I expect they are going to make archer something closer to Corsair from FFXI, deals nice damage in a pinch but ultimately is going to be a CC and Buffer class when it migrates over to Bard and will be a job that works heavily in the background (thus why they picked a ranged class to be BRD so they can still do damage while working in the background). Thus the damage nerfing makes sense in the grand scheme of things, but it's become a fairly useless class in the grand scheme of things because its taking so long to get all the tools it needs. Hope some of that is rectified with the coming update.

If you want to tank when the jobs updates come out, get GLD to lvl 30 and MRD to lvl 15. That seems to be the 'current' requirements they are thinking about.

Going to be interesting just how extensive the ability overhaul is going to be. A simple shifting of abilities and some of their traits isn't going to cut it, they are going to need to add some new abilities especially in regards to buffing as well as dispersion of abilities based on level. (Its really weird dinging a certain level in conjuror and then getting ALL the status removal spells at once, feels like it should be spread out more. But that might be my FFXI side talking XD so used to the status 'na' spells being spread out.).

Also going to be interesting to see if they are going to more heavily restrict the armory then it is now. I wouldn't be against a subjob like system where you can't pull certain abilities from other classes unless its half level of your current class. It would make sense too with the way they made the new job requirements system. 30/15 GLD/MRD = PLD, and thus to be a fully capable PLD you need GLD50/MRD25 and they shifted abilities around to accomodate this. It would also allow them to balance classes with other abilities, stuff 26+ would be off limits from others, and classes would gain more character. You can still mix and match, but you would just have a much smaller pool to pull from, but at the same time a much more manageable pool to work with. Seemed so stupid to force people to get multiple lvl 50 classes just to be good at a certain class.

Jinko

A couple posts from Yoshi

Naoki_Yoshida said:
プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
Producer/Director Yoshida here,

現在最終文面確認中です。
週末にかけて行った調整を元に、今夜中に吉田の確認を行います。
明日更に微調整し、翻訳を経て"クラス改修"のコンセプトと仕様概要をポスト。
続いて各バトルクラスの新アビリティ、アクション、特性一覧をポストの予定です。
もう少々お待ちを!
Currently doing final proof
With the adjustments done over the weekend, I will check through them tonight.
Tomorrow we will make some more adjustments, and having it translated and will post the concept and structure for “Class modifications”
Also planning to post each battle classes, new ability, action, traits list.
Please hang in there!

Naoki_Yoshida said:
pub said:
クラス改修の結果、自分のやりたかったことが今までレベルを上げてきたクラスとは違うクラスに移ってしまう可能性は大いに考えられます。
そういったケースに対し、なにか救済措置的なものは用意されるのでしょうか。
From the result of class modification I think it’s possible the class I wanted to level up until now becomes a totally new class. For that type of cases are there any steps to help with those?
今回のクラス改修では、元のバトルクラスイメージが、
根本から変わってしまうほどの内容ではないと判断しています。
This times class modification, I believe that it wont change the foundation of that original battle classes image.

そのため、もちろんニュアンスは細かく変わりますが、
現在のところクラス変更のような仕組みは予定していません。
For that reason, of course the nuance will change but currently not planning for class change type of situation.

もちろん、仕様やスキル公開後に、ご要望が多いようであれば検討はします。
And also if there are many requests after presenting the setup or skill, we will look into it.

ただ、吉田としては大規模調整ではありますが、
ギリギリでMMORPGの運営調整範囲内かなと思っています!
However for myself, this is a large-scale modification but I think it’s within the limit allowed for modifications in a ongoing MMORPG.

Teknoman

Darte said:

Cool, permanent class decision incoming. Also if ARC is Archer, then what will Arcanist be?

Rentahamster said:

<3

Hey now, I leveled my PGL from 20 to 50 on my own the past week or so in between killing Ifrit! No PLing there! And now I'm working on my GLA, it started at 36 and I'm now at 42 and almost 43!

Besides, I leveled every job to 20 before I quit after the earthquake, and I leveled ARC and MRD to 50 and THM to 38 the hard way too. I've grinded enough in this game, I regard the hilariously broken XP I'm getting now merely as Squenix's apology to me for before!

I wouldn't say no to some PLing in the wolf room though. How could I? You wanna get some SBing done, Rentai? :3

Dracos

So I'm trying to get back into playing more regularly in the evenings. What is the best way to lvl jobs now? Leves, grinding or xp party? I was trying to get ARC to 50 but it takes forever to kill leave mobs alone now and I'm still lvl 34. Probably go back and work on tank and melee dps jobs until they fix ARC.

kiryogi

Banned
Dracos said:
So I'm trying to get back into playing more regularly in the evenings. What is the best way to lvl jobs now? Leves, grinding or xp party? I was trying to get ARC to 50 but it takes forever to kill leave mobs alone now and I'm still lvl 34. Probably go back and work on tank and melee dps jobs until they fix ARC.
Xp parties are the way to go now. :eek: 3 jobs in the last few weeks all to 50.

Teknoman

Dracos said:

Exp parties. Have fun, kill new things, meet new adventuring partners.

Moobabe

I can't even play any more - whenever I log in my received immediately drops to 0 and I lag out completely. I've checked my router and firewall but that's not the problem either...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone explain to me what an experience party is? I'm working my way up as an 8 MRD, but if I could chain my way up at some point to speed my life up and get to the fun end-game stuff, that would rock.

Zalasta

A question for the crafters out there. I know they've taken out a lot of items but kept some of the old recipes. Is silver sand completely useless now? I tried making nuggets out of them but it didn't work. Seems that iron sand is still useable for creating steel nuggets though.

King_Moc

Banned
Can someone explain to me what an experience party is?

Just a bunch of people partying up to kill higher level stuff than you normally can. With Conjurers the party can be self sustaining in terms of HP too, so there is very little downtime between kills.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
kiryogi said:
Err gil? Wtf ? I thought leves give squat nowadays

Leve evaulation = And only factions to evaulate, luck and bamm!

Cmagus

nicoga3000 said:
I...I don't get it. :(

Also, despite being lame city, I still want to chain at some point if I can find a party. I really want to see what end-game FFXIV is compared to WoW. I know it's going to be a TOTALLY different experience, but it may prove to be exciting in it's own way. Also, I want to join up with more GAF LS members and actually DO stuff.

Our LS has actually been very active lately we have been doing stuff.EXP parties are great IMO i've met a ton of new people that I now play with regularly it actually is getting people to play together unlike leves where it was the same group all the time going out around the same time all the time.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone doing anything for lvls 20-25? I've never been in an xp party, so that would be cool if anyone wants to do that. This game is so different from FFXI, where I basically spent a total of 3 years in xp parties.

Also has Yoshi said anything about changing the animations for weaponskills? After Onion Cut on GLA, I now have 5 or 6 moves that have the exact same spin around 360 degrees animation.

kiryogi

Banned
jling84 said:
Anyone doing anything for lvls 20-25? I've never been in an xp party, so that would be cool if anyone wants to do that. This game is so different from FFXI, where I basically spent a total of 3 years in xp parties.

Also has Yoshi said anything about changing the animations for weaponskills? After Onion Cut on GLA, I now have 5 or 6 moves that have the exact same spin around 360 degrees animation.

Maybe soon. I've been leveling all ranges for the last 3 weeks getting my jobs up. Currently though I still have a Conj @ 15 and a pug @ 31. Only issue probably is that my active time is midnight PST typically.

Jomjom

Banned
kiryogi said:
Maybe soon. I've been leveling all ranges for the last 3 weeks getting my jobs up. Currently though I still have a Conj @ 15 and a pug @ 31. Only issue probably is that my active time is midnight PST typically.

I'm on around that time too, so if we can get a couple more, let's xp party!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cmagus said:
Our LS has actually been very active lately we have been doing stuff.EXP parties are great IMO i've met a ton of new people that I now play with regularly it actually is getting people to play together unlike leves where it was the same group all the time going out around the same time all the time.

Oh, yeah - I didn't mean it as a bad thing! I meant it more like I'm not high enough level to enjoy things with y'all!

Forbiden

jling84 said:

Riot Blade at 50 has a.different animation but i think thats about it though. But hey, at least stuff has different animations noe. Before we were stuck with that same 360 slash for about 80% of weapon skills.

Jomjom

Banned
Forbiden said:
Riot Blade at 50 has a.different animation but i think thats about it though. But hey, at least stuff has different animations noe. Before we were stuck with that same 360 slash for about 80% of weapon skills.

I have faith that this will be changed with the new graphical engine implementation. I was just wondering if they've specifically mentioned anything about it.

I mean if we are going to be chaining with others and ourselves, it better not be 360 slash after 360 slash after 360 slash. That doesn't make for very flashy looking skill chaining.

Cmagus

Jling I think Rin, Nagisa and myself are gonna run it so they can get it done tonight we need 4 your welcome to join us.Gonna kill the NM's first though so if you haven't done that yet

nicoga3000 said:
Oh, yeah - I didn't mean it as a bad thing! I meant it more like I'm not high enough level to enjoy things with y'all!

Yeah I said that in a dickish way didn't mean it like that.If you need to level and get stuff done we can arrange that lol we are working on lower levels now so we can fit you in somewhere

Jomjom

Banned
Cmagus said:
Jling I think Rin, Nagisa and myself are gonna run it so they can get it done tonight we need 4 your welcome to join us.Gonna kill the NM's first though so if you haven't done that yet

I'm a bit confused. Run "it"? I think I'm missing something. Is this in response to my request for xp pt? Whatever it is though, I'm down, so just let me know when.

Teknoman

nicoga3000 said:
I...I don't get it. :(

Also, despite being lame city, I still want to chain at some point if I can find a party. I really want to see what end-game FFXIV is compared to WoW. I know it's going to be a TOTALLY different experience, but it may prove to be exciting in it's own way. Also, I want to join up with more GAF LS members and actually DO stuff.

Basically its just getting together with 3 or more people the beat up enemies in quick succession in order to get larger amounts of exp in a shorter amount of time than you would by yourself. Say me, you, unknown, renta, jinko, cmagus, riposte, and nakazato all get together and beat down...groups of Amalj'aa (lizard beast tribe) or Hipposerfs for exp. We would start racking up exp chains for killing enemies quickly, so not only would we get a decent amount of exp in a short amount of time, but also extra exp for killing them so fast.

So basically like fighting lots of random battles in a normal FF title.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Teknoman said:
Basically its just getting together with 3 or more people the beat up enemies in quick succession in order to get larger amounts of exp in a shorter amount of time than you would by yourself. Say me, you, unknown, renta, jinko, cmagus, riposte, and nakazato all get together and beat down...groups of Amalj'aa (lizard beast tribe) or Hipposerfs for exp. We would start racking up exp chains for killing enemies quickly, so not only would we get a decent amount of exp in a short amount of time, but also extra exp for killing them so fast.

So basically like fighting lots of random battles in a normal FF title.

I noticed that chains can really start to add up. I approve of this concept. Need to find a group and set a time to make this happen for us lowbies!

Teknoman

nicoga3000 said:
I noticed that chains can really start to add up. I approve of this concept. Need to find a group and set a time to make this happen for us lowbies!

If you're level 8, I could probably join you guys as a pugilist.

Cmagus

We had chains up to 11 tonight I was getting between 850-1000 exp per kill when the chain shot up and that was on antlings in the 2nd map of copperbell. Jling I just meant we are running the missions and leveling I don't know who you are in the game so if you are looking for a party and you are on our server just shout out in chat.

Allard

Reinhart is in the middle of translating a HUGE post by Yoshida this afternoon on the future of gathering classes.

The first 3rd of the post is on why he has decided to exclude crafters and gatherers from new story missions going forward (Stuff like the mission stories and not class quests or side quests). Basically talks about how the development necessary to make 3 separate instances for all 3 disciplines is too much, furthermore he didn't like that once you beat story missions on a non-combat class, it would block you out from experiencing it (barring retcon) by a combat class. And to do it the way they have now would also severely hamstring the options development team had going forward. Thus he decided instead that each discipline would have their own content and stories, and the main 'threat' would goto the battle classes thus if you want to experience everything in the game you should level at least 1 class from each discipline, but to do the main story stuff you need a combat class.

Aparantly this is a big subject on the Japanese part of the fandom which is why he had to go into such detail surrounding his decision.

For 2.0 going forward gathering will get UI and tweaks similar to the battle classes. Crafters and Gatherers will get their own version EXP chain bonus where they string together multiple successes and get a bonus. Gathering modes would also 'level up' with the character and that depending on your level they would offer different items. He intends to give that information to a player freely. Click a point and it will tell you exactly what you can get from it. Once you hit the optimal spec for the node all items will become freely available and can be targeted easier with the approach phase.

Rare Items on the other hand will go node to node and move. Thus if you want a specific rare item, you need to seek it out by moving through the nodes till it shows up on the list.

He is also planning some usage of mp and tp for the gathering classes. (He didn't say exactly how).

The translation is only half done. Check out his page on the forums.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14967-Translations-(JP-to-English)/page203

Jinko

I like what they have planned for the nodes, don't really care much for the explanation why DoL and DoH need to be cut out from the main story, seemed pretty self explanatory the last time he addressed the issue.

I'm sure the JP players are still not happy regarding this, I imagine he curses Tanaka regularly for this craftin/gathering mess he left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom