• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Jinko said:
Seems that translation could be wrong ?

Rein translated it as saying

Guess we'll have to wait for the offical video translation.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...JP-to-English)?p=427830&viewfull=1#post427830

This is the official translation via twitter (but they might have done it wrong too, certainly wouldn't be the first time)

Q: Will the level cap be removed before the release of 2.0?
A: This is not planned until patch 1.21. It won’t be good to have a huge gap in players’ level until 2.0 goes live, so we would like to carefully weigh our options.

Gvaz

Banned
Londa said:
And attacking people for expression their opinion is what smart people do now? Or I guess only people who think their smart but have the IQ of a flea.

Gvaz said:
I meant it in jest, not as a personal attack in seriousness.
Probably be better if you got some thicker skin and didn't consider it a personal attack.

Londa

Banned
Gvaz said:
Probably be better if you got some thicker skin and didn't consider it a personal attack.
Calling me stupid is what then? Maybe learn some manners instead of telling people you call stupid to get thicker skin.

Ravidrath

Londa said:
Calling me stupid is what then? Maybe learn some manners instead of telling people you call stupid to get thicker skin.

Londa, I'm not saying that you deserved that response, but pretty much every argument you get into gets completely out of hand.

Just calm down, OK?

Londa

Banned
Ravidrath said:
Londa, I'm not saying that you deserved that response, but pretty much every argument you get into gets completely out of hand.

Just calm down, OK?
I was called a troll after saying my own opinion and now I have to calm down, just because im questioning why im a troll.
either way, until im banned I will not let anyone make me feel like I can not post in here or anywhere else.

Cmagus

I have to get my lancer to 50 tonight I am really sick of Archer I can't wait to ditch it lol.Also when converting an item into Materia does the gear damage factor into the outcome when you do it?

Londa

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
Stop trying to start a bunch of stupid drama shit.

asking why I was called a troll after being called stupid is me starting drama? Wouldn't the people who called me stupid or a troll be starting "drama shit"?

All I'm doing is asking what did I do to cause the poor reaction? Was it saying something that they do not agree with that caused that? Isn't calling someone names because they do not have your opinion is what a child would do? Instead of talking about the reasons why you disagree with their opinion?

Ravidrath

About jumping - Yoshi-P himself says that he doesn't like it in the video. That it's way too high, they jump too much, etc. So people shouldn't really form opinions until we've got a translation.

The Ahriman mount is neat, but looks a little awkward. And as an admitted fan of Goobbues, I think that one is pretty fucking amazing, though, and think it's awesome that multiple people can ride it.

Londa said:
I was called a troll after saying my own opinion and now I have to calm down, just because im questioning why im a troll.
either way, until im banned I will not let anyone make me feel like I can not post in here or anywhere else.

You're not adding to the discussion - you're sidetracking everything because you're constantly offended by one thing or another. This has been a pretty clear pattern with you in FFXIV threads over the last 18 months or so, and until YOU break it it's always going to be the case.

Please at least consider that maybe you're part of the problem, and work from there? Try to get your argument back to rationality and constructive discussion, rather than continuing some childish tit-for-tat?

For starters, you could try supporting and explaining your opinions rather than just saying you think "it's stupid" or whatever - along with a more mature discussion style, that might help people stop calling you a troll and gradually erode what is honestly a well-deserved reputation as a destroyer of threads.

...Or you can just keep it up until you're banned. Your choice.

Cmagus

agreed let's not argue in this thread Londa posted a legit response, should chill with the negative responses let's not turn this into an arguement and crap this thread up.

55791256.jpg

Found this area in Gridania amazing fishing spot (minus the angry 90+ monsters there lol ) it's in the lower left hand corner of the map.

Gvaz

Banned
Londa said:
asking why I was called a troll after being called stupid is me starting drama? Wouldn't the people who called me stupid or a troll be starting "drama shit"?

All I'm doing is asking what did I do to cause the poor reaction? Was it saying something that they do not agree with that caused that? Isn't calling someone names because they do not have your opinion is what a child would do? Instead of talking about the reasons why you disagree with their opinion?
Look I wasn't trying to offend you, I merely was joking around. You're taking this way too seriously however and overreacting to the situation. Please, just let it go.

Londa

Banned
Ravidrath said:
About jumping - Yoshi-P himself says that he doesn't like it in the video. That it's way too high, they jump too much, etc. So people shouldn't really form opinions until we've got a translation.

The Ahriman mount is neat, but looks a little awkward. And as an admitted fan of Goobbues, I think that one is pretty fucking amazing, though, and think it's awesome that multiple people can ride it.

You're not adding to the discussion - you're sidetracking everything because you're constantly offended by one thing or another. This has been a pretty clear pattern with you in FFXIV threads over the last 18 months or so, and until YOU break it it's always going to be the case.

Please at least consider that maybe you're part of the problem, and work from there? Try to get your argument back to rationality and constructive discussion, rather than continuing some childish tit-for-tat?

For starters, you could try supporting and explaining your opinions rather than just saying you think "it's stupid" or whatever - along with a more mature discussion style, that might help people stop calling you a troll and gradually erode what is honestly a well-deserved reputation as a destroyer of threads.

...Or you can just keep it up until you're banned. Your choice.

It looked stupid. What else is there to say? I watched the video and my conclusion was that it looked stupid. The video was short and there isn't much to get from it but how it looks. And it looked stupid. The Mounts looked pointless which I had said. Reason? Because they all look as if they move sluggish and slow. Why would I want to ride those mounts when my chocobo is 10 times faster?

What I did wasn't grounds for a bann.

Gvaz said:
Look I wasn't trying to offend you, I merely was joking around. You're taking this way too seriously however and overreacting to the situation. Please, just let it go.

maybe next time put a "j/k" at the end. I can not read minds also I don't think it was a joke when Gromph called me a troll.

I don't even post in this thread that much. I'm over what happened in this thread. But when I return to respond to the news in this game I am reminded that in here, the people haven't moved on from what happened. That isn't my fault and I don't need to change a damn thing.

Gvaz

Banned
Londa said:
maybe next time put a "j/k" at the end. I can not read minds also I don't think it was a joke when Gromph called me a troll.
I've been on the internet for around half of my life, and I always assume people are joking/devils advocating unless they're saying something really socially insulting like making race/sex jokes with hateful whatever (usually it's the person being ignorant or ironic). It's all context.

I find the internet is better if you apply this logic.

Londa

Banned
Gvaz said:
I've been on the internet for around half of my life, and I always assume people are joking/devils advocating unless they're saying something really socially insulting like making race/sex jokes with hateful whatever (usually it's the person being ignorant or ironic). It's all context.

I find the internet is better if you apply this logic.

But I'm sure that if I called you stupid and pointless, I would be banned. So in a way that isn't fair for others to be able to do that and I not be able to.

Gvaz

Banned
Londa said:
But I'm sure that if I called you stupid and pointless, I would be banned. So in a way that isn't fair for others to be able to do that and I not be able to.
You can call me stupid and pointless all you like, IDGAF. Also if that was the case, the mod in this very thread would have banned me (not for a very good reason though imo)

Anyways, have a lowbie FF14 screenshot!

Ravidrath

Londa said:
But when I return to respond to the news in this game I am reminded that in here, the people haven't moved on from what happened. That isn't my fault and I don't need to change a damn thing.

If the same thing is happening to you all the time in different circumstances with different people, there is clearly something inherent to you that is causing it. To suggest otherwise is completely irrational.

And... what? How is you "moving on" relevant to us? And even if it somehow was, how does that make it not your fault that we are reminded of previous (bad) experiences with you when your current behavior reminds us of it?

If you're going to insist on acting the way you act, at least own it, rather than constantly playing the victim.

Londa

Banned
Gvaz said:
You can call me stupid and pointless all you like, IDGAF. Also if that was the case, the mod in this very thread would have banned me (not for a very good reason though imo)

Anyways, have a lowbie FF14 screenshot!

Its clear why the mod didn't ban you. He thinks I'm a troll that deserves being called stupid. I think its interesting because I always thought Gromph to not be judgmental because he was never rude and answered my questions that I had in here.

Ravidrath said:
If the same thing is happening to you all the time in different circumstances with different people, there is clearly something inherent to you that is causing it. To suggest otherwise is completely irrational.

And... what? How is you "moving on" relevant to us? And even if it somehow was, how does that make it not your fault that we are reminded of previous (bad) experiences with you when your current behavior reminds us of it?

If you're going to insist on acting the way you act, at least own it, rather than constantly playing the victim.

Once again, I am not doing anything to egg any one of you on to a negative reaction. So if I do get a negative reaction, I am not going to blame myself for getting it. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else sees this happening all the time. Its as simple as that.

Even when I block people that I know who only want to troll me I'm still called chicken because I don't want to react to them. lol Just can't win.

But its not big deal. Like I said, this thread isn't that important to me. I come here to get news on the game. Not to make friends.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
@ londa, you called jump "stupid and pointless", and gvaz did the traditional "NO U" response by calling you stupid and pointless (especially considering it uses the phrase "pie hole". To many of us who internets a lot, it's an obvious sarcasticly over-the-top response, but for those who don't get the reference, yes it can be interpreted in a pretty insulting way. Given your sensitive nature, he shouldn't have said it is quite that way, but let's try to get past that. He already stated that it wasn't meant to be an actual attack on your character so please don't overreact now that you know the true context.

As far as what gromph said, that was just another figure of speech, like "don't poke the hornet's nest". He wasn't specifically calling you a troll. We all know your posting history and how, err, "volatile" it is. While I don't think you are a "troll" in the purest sense, you have to see how your stubbornness, over-sensitivity, hyper-positivity, and hyper-negativity regarding this game sometimes does not make for the best forum discussion.

Let's just try to move on.

Londa

Banned
Rentahamster said:
@ londa, you called jump "stupid and pointless", and gvaz did the traditional "NO U" response by calling you stupid and pointless (especially considering it uses the phrase "pie hole". To many of us who internets a lot, it's an obvious sarcasticly over-the-top response, but for those who don't get the reference, yes it can be interpreted in a pretty insulting way. Given your sensitive nature, he shouldn't have said it is quite that way, but let's try to get past that. He already stated that it wasn't meant to be an actual attack on your character so please don't overreact now that you know the true context.

As far as what gromph said, that was just another figure of speech, like "don't poke the hornet's nest". He wasn't specifically calling you a troll. We all know your posting history and how, err, "volatile" it is. While I don't think you are a "troll" in the purest sense, you have to see how your stubbornness, over-sensitivity, hyper-positivity, and hyper-negativity regarding this game sometimes does not make for the best forum discussion.

I don't know this reference or where it came from. That is why I couldn't tell it was a joke.

Which is why I usually just leave a short comment on the news and usually that works out. But today, not so much.

Allard

djplaeskool said:
Look what hell jumping hath wrought upon this thread...
Look, and despair.

Not like its particular to this thread or site, it happens in basically every damn thread that its involved in on any FFXIV sites XD. Jumping and WoW are guaranteed to throw the threads off into a tangent.

Anyways now that we know what is most likely to be 3 of the games job combos

(GLD30 + MRD 15 = PLD)
(CON30 + THM 15 = WHM)
(THM30 + CON 15 = BLM)

Any guesses on the other 4?

Jinko

Allard said:
Not like its particular to this thread or site, it happens in basically every damn thread that its involved in on any FFXIV sites XD. Jumping and WoW are guaranteed to throw the threads off into a tangent.

Anyways now that we know what is most likely to be 3 of the games job combos

(GLD30 + MRD 15 = PLD)
(CON30 + THM 15 = WHM)
(THM30 + CON 15 = BLM)

Any guesses on the other 4?

PGL + GLA = MNK
ARC + CON = BRD
MRD + PGL (maybe LNC) = WAR
LNC + MRD = DRG

Riposte

I'm confused, will I get banned if I call jumps dumb?

They'll probably have uses in the new world design, but I get the feeling it will look very ugly and stand-out. Lets see if Yoshi P can make them look good(I wasn't aware it was decided jumps were gong to be in.)

EDIT: high jumps without running starts really bother me in realistic settings. The game can't exactly work like that either... would be too action oriented and probably a lot of work.

Jump will be nice to help get around the terrain but I'm really hoping they incorporate some platforming elements in new dungeons and instances to really make it worthwhile. Maybe they could even give monsters "charge/rush" type abilities that can only be dodged or avoided by jumping over them. I do hope they limit the jumping in some way though. I don't want to see everyone bunny hopping across Eorzea.

Gvaz

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Platforming elements would be really cool.

Shadow of the Colossus MMO, hehehee.
I like the animations but I think they'd have to be changed to incorporate that. You'd have to be able to break animation cycles.

hgplayer1

Holy shit you guys dont know how to let things go!

On another note Im still not clear on why jumping is such a big deal to people.

I can understand that it would be annoying to see people spamming it all over the place just because they have some form of ADD and just cant sit still for a minute.

Im not sure how many of you are currently playing FFXIV but there isnt a lot of need to jump around the terrain when roaming around the different areas. Initially there were small ledges that would block you and make you walk around but they have changed the invisble borders that used to do that and now you can walk over almost anything.

Ive walked up to some ledges that was shoulder high and your character just glides right up. I dont have a problem with that mechanic at all.

Ravidrath

I think a context-sensitive jump could work, rather than letting you jump all the time. Similar to what they showed in Blade and Soul, but with realistic gravity.

For example, it'd let you jump over small gaps, fences, etc. and let them vary the terrain more without turning it into a ridiculous Mario MMO.

One of the things that generally bugs me in Japanese 3D games in general now is how arbitrary the barriers often are. Like, in Lost Odyssey, there are parts where you can jump between rock spires, but other parts where a six-inch gap serves as a barrier and puzzle element.

It generally goes against the game's lore that you're some powerful hero when they can't lift their leg to step over something, can't think to jump over a fence, can't cross a stream, etc.

Teknoman

Finally got caught up, looks like Advent Children level jumping, and there should be a platforming element added.

Either way, was all the stuff shown sure things, or just things they may or may not add?

hgplayer1

Ravidrath said:
I think a context-sensitive jump could work, rather than letting you jump all the time. Similar to what they showed in Blade and Soul, but with realistic gravity.

For example, it'd let you jump over small gaps, fences, etc. and let them vary the terrain more without turning it into a ridiculous Mario MMO.

One of the things that generally bugs me in Japanese 3D games in general now is how arbitrary the barriers often are. Like, in Lost Odyssey, there are parts where you can jump between rock spires, but other parts where a six-inch gap serves as a barrier and puzzle element.

It generally goes against the game's lore that you're some powerful hero when they can't lift their leg to step over something, can't think to jump over a fence, can't cross a stream, etc.
I get the thing about not being able to step over small barriers and make small jumps for whatever reason but I dont think they should add jump and then build things that make us use it.

As the game is jump is not needed imo and if they added it then fine it wont hurt anything.

Ravidrath

Teknoman said:
Finally got caught up, looks like Advent Children level jumping, and there should be a platforming element added.

Either way, was all the stuff shown sure things, or just things they may or may not add?

He was saying in Japanese that he didn't like it and thought it was too high, etc.

I think they're just trying things out, basically.

hgplayer1 said:
I get the thing about not being able to step over small barriers and make small jumps for whatever reason but I dont think they should add jump and then build things that make us use it.

As the game is jump is not needed imo and if they added it then fine it wont hurt anything.

Keep in mind that they are redesigning the entire world... so just because we don't need it now doesn't mean we won't need it later.

Kind of tempted to jump in and check this out. I've only ever played Guild Wars. How easy will this be to jump in to? Is there a point right now or should I just hold out for the big 2.0 patch? Unless that's still a year away, I can't remember now. And just so I understand, does the OP say that if I close my account, it costs 3 bucks a month for them to store my character? Am I understanding that correctly?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hero_of_the_Day said:
Kind of tempted to jump in and check this out. I've only ever played Guild Wars. How easy will this be to jump in to? Is there a point right now or should I just hold out for the big 2.0 patch? Unless that's still a year away, I can't remember now. And just so I understand, does the OP say that if I close my account, it costs 3 bucks a month for them to store my character? Am I understanding that correctly?
Everything is free now. They're not going to start charging for anything for at least another month or so. When they eventually do start charging, I don't believe that they would charge a fee for character storage.

Rentahamster said:
Everything is free now. They're not going to start charging for anything for at least another month or so. When they eventually do start charging, I don't believe that they would charge a fee for character storage.
Oh, I thout they started charging this month. Crazy. Think I'll jump in next month once I've got all the seasons games done. How is it compared to XI? I tried it out and just couldn't even figure out what the hell I was doing.

Ravidrath

Rentahamster said:
I hope it's not a perm.

She's incapable of the self-reflection one needs to learn - she's always the victim in her mind, and overreacts and shits up threads.

She's a terminal repeat offender, so I hope it's permanent.

Hero_of_the_Day said:
Oh, I thout they started charging this month. Crazy. Think I'll jump in next month once I've got all the seasons games done. How is it compared to XI? I tried it out and just couldn't even figure out what the hell I was doing.

It's easier to get a foothold than XI, but the game still could explain things a lot better.

Unlike most, though, you'd have an LS full of cool people to join up with and ask for advice from! We'll make you gear, etc. too - I feel like this game is much more of a team effort in general than XI was.

Desi

Tomb Raider came out in 1996. I liked how lara jumped. Pretty much similar height in all directions but her forwards jumps looked different than jumps straight into the air. Just hope they modify that so I can jump to my hearts content with slick animations.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Minsc said:
http://www.31012.com/images/games/11/211094_206058496079937_5441569_n.jpg

Not the "'Tis your birth and faith that wrong you, not I?" Mods want to defeat Londa's older brother, confirmed.

Ravidrath said:
She's incapable of the self-reflection one needs to learn - she's always the victim in her mind, and overreacts and shits up threads.

Even poking fun of the situation would make her mad and she always had to turn things into her vs the world. I think a perma over this situation is a bit much, but she did have a ban coming.

Rentahamster said:

I thought they were supposed to start four days ago?

TheSeks said:
I thought they were supposed to start four days ago?

They will not start charging until a couple of weeks after the 1.20 update, so probably sometime mid-late December.
Yoshi-P clarified that he didn't want to start billing until the next update, so people would have a clearer view of their schedule moving forward. He also stated that the updates planned for 1.20 would bring the game in alignment with a service that a consumer would pay for.

KiteGr

Staying true to my word of not abandoning this game (despite being shit and having found a better MMO to look into), I still visit the Lodestone site once a month to read the latest Leter from the producer and their future plans for fixing this mess...

However ever since they began doing the letters live, it has become imposible for me to see them, since the youtube page doesn't open for me.

Is there a link where I can watch/read the last two letters?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
KiteGr said:
Staying true to my word of not abandoning this game (despite being shit and having found a better MMO to look into), I still visit the Lodestone site once a month to read the latest Leter from the producer and their future plans for fixing this mess...

However ever since they began doing the letters live, it has become imposible for me to see them, since the youtube page doesn't open for me.

Is there a link where I can watch/read the last two letters?

You have first here

and

You have second here

You can also check forums beside lodestone, due devs post there.

Jinko

This is a good translation with pictures.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ve-translation?p=429012&viewfull=1#post429012

I really like how you can see the player the enemy is targeting.

I skipped over this before
Y: Basically for job you don’t have to level, by completing quests you will gain more. By fighting with a Knight you will still gain EXP as gladiator so you don’t have to build up on Knight, by changing to Knight at that moment it will lower your hit point but increases the defense greatly with abilities to defend other members, thats why I said it’s like mode change in the interview.

Not much but something.

Sounds like Dagger will be moved to Theif XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom