• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Thought it was late 2012. :S

They messed up. They mean the new 'on the shelf' box version 2.0 doesn't come out till 2013 (Notice they said alongside the PS3 release, they said in a previous interview the physical client would not get a new release till 2013, till then you have to buy the old box to play the game). 2.0 wil be released in September/October next year as long as stuff goes as scheduled.

Darte

Actually, I'm pretty sure they've already stated that a 2.0 client will be made available for digital download on the 2012 date they mentioned already. The physical box itself for newer consumers will be made available later.

Jinko

They messed up. They mean the new 'on the shelf' box version 2.0 doesn't come out till 2013 (Notice they said alongside the PS3 release, they said in a previous interview the physical client would not get a new release till 2013, till then you have to buy the old box to play the game). 2.0 wil be released in September/October next year as long as stuff goes as scheduled.

I see.

Hi, this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

Regarding rare drops in the Bowl of Embers (Hard), in patch 1.20 we will be adding new methods to obtain the highly-sought after weapons when defeating Ifrit multiple times.

Of course, we looked into the idea of placing the weapons directly into a player’s loot list, but we were worried about unscrupulous actions taking place while players sort out who gets which weapon. (Although /random will be implemented in 1.20)

In 2.0, we will be implementing a Need/Greed/Pass system for item distribution, but it's very difficult to implement with the current server structure, which we tried very hard to do, and I’d like to apologize for the continued inconvenience this is causing.

This is similar to the OP's suggestion, but we have decided to preserve the current drop rates for weapons and individual chests. And in addition to the reward weapon, we will introduce an item that can be traded to an NPC for a weapon. This new item will drop at a fixed rate, and will be loot list-tradable, so you will have an opportunity to pass it to another player. (Updated on 11/22, 6:45pm PST for clarity)

This system will be used for every primal battle going forward. (And if we tweak the system, the changes will apply to every primal battle) Of course the drop rates and items necessary for trading will be different for each battle, so please keep that in mind.

Get that /random FF11 shit out of my game !!

Sad that everything is limited by the server huh, reminds me of FF11 when everything was limited by the PS2 .. hmm maybe the servers are a bunch of PS2's ducktaped together or something.

I see no point in having the weapon drop and then a tradable item as well, it would be better to just have the tradable item IMO.
SE never do things the easy way though.

Allard

I see.

Get that /random FF11 shit out of my game !!

Sad that everything is limited by the server huh, reminds me of FF11 when everything was limited by the PS2 .. hmm maybe the servers are a bunch of PS2's ducktaped together or something.

I see no point in having the weapon drop and then a tradable item as well, it would be better to just have the tradable item IMO.
SE never do things the easy way though.

That quote when I saw it yesturday really stood out for me as the quintessential "What the hell were you thinking" phrase for the whole development of this game leading up to release. If that is all they can do to change it before a full server reconstruction then the games server has more problems then a game they released almost 10 years ago, and that is beyond pathetic. FFXI was designed around a 56k modem for gods sake and it seemed to have more freedom to negotiate information then this game currently does. Its getting fixed in 2.0 but damn, if Yoshida didn't decide to do a full reconstruction of the servers this game could never recover even with all the rest of the changes.

Jinko

That quote when I saw it yesturday really stood out for me as the quintessential "What the hell were you thinking" phrase for the whole development of this game leading up to release. If that is all they can do to change it before a full server reconstruction then the games server has more problems then a game they released almost 10 years ago, and that is beyond pathetic. FFXI was designed around a 56k modem for gods sake and it seemed to have more freedom to negotiate information then this game currently does. Its getting fixed in 2.0 but damn, if Yoshida didn't decide to do a full reconstruction of the servers this game could never recover even with all the rest of the changes.

Yea there were a lot of jokes around beta that SE reused the old FF11 servers after they merged them all together, sometimes I wonder .. not so much a joke ..

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ah well it's the first I've heard about.Interesting video anyways

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=8797c86df3583a153d58d7977cd2029ec485698b

We have identified an issue wherein the "Hurl with great force, causing your next thrown stone to stun the target" effect is always attained when using the Wrist Flick ability.

We are currently in the process of testing fixes to address this issue.

Dammit, now they're gonna "fix" it. I was hoping to test this out on new mobs next patch. Oh well. That's the risk you take when publicizing stuff like this.

There go my plans.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
And an update; still no go. Logging in straight to R:0.

I'm honestly out of ideas. I suppose I'll wait for the next patch if there's no other options. It seems that on the official forums there are a number of people suffering the same problem, too.

This may help.

http://po.clancentral.us/viewtopic.php?p=55292#p55292

As said, I have solved the issue with random R0 and Error 30002. It was some settings on the actual network interface card for the computer I have running FFXIV.

These are the settings, and what they are set to for stopping Error 30002.

Quote:
Flow Control = Disabled
Interrupt Moderation = Disabled
Priority & VLAN = Disabled

To get to these settings, they are usually located in the Advanced tab of your Networking Controller in Device Manager.

1. Right Click My Computer or just Computer
2. Select Manage
3. Click on Device Manager
4. Expand the Network adapters list
5. Double Click on the network adapter listed (if you have more than one and not sure which one, just do this to all of them EXCEPT for wireless network cards)
6. Click on the Advanced tab
7. Select Flow Control and set the Value to Disabled
8. Select Interrupt Moderation and set the Value to Disabled
9. Select Priority & VLAN and set the Value to Disabled
10. Click OK
11. Reboot!

Before you do any changes, make sure to note your previous settings so you can revert to those in case anything goes wrong.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thanks for the update. I tried that and it didn't work. This is really disappointing :(

Hmm, how about this?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...or-Error-30002?p=460552&viewfull=1#post460552
Edit:
Solved.
Tested for 2 days, no more error 30002 after (i used to have it 10 times every day).
I didn't use a cable, i'm still using wireless on 64 bit Windows 7.

1. forward ports 55296–55551 (i was only using 55296 before).
2. use FFXIV priority booster.
3. go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile. Set network performance throttling to 100 (default is 10).
4. go to "Documents -> My Games -> Final Fantasy XIV -> user" and delete every folder inside it.

hope it works for you too.

have you tried borrowing a laptop and running it on there?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I need to get Lancer to 50 first and my major assignments done. But, I'm totally in aside from that.

That's good but you might need a little more than that. The new class changes will change the game so that having all classes at level 50 isn't such a requirement anymore, but it will still allow for some cross-class capability. Having some other classes at a mid-levelish range at least would be advised.

Also what I need to hear from everyone is exactly how much time they have to put towards the new content. I'd like to know if most are just content with completing the content eventually, or if there are enough of you who actually want to try to be one of the first to do so.

Also what I need to hear from everyone is exactly how much time they have to put towards the new content. I'd like to know if most are just content with completing the content eventually, or if there are enough of you who actually want to try to be one of the first to do so.

Is there actually any new content in the next patch aside from the moogle battle? In any case I have plenty of time to do stuff but will likely still be hanging around in skyrim till the patch hits. The only thing I really want to do in the current patch is get the last few levels I need on some of my crafts so i can meld everything. I suppose I should do carpenter at some point too I guess.

I'll probably be back when Team Moogle hits. Well, I might be on and off a bit before then depending on real-life allowing it, since I still haven't gotten Gladiator to 50 yet.

kiryogi

Banned
That's good but you might need a little more than that. The new class changes will change the game so that having all classes at level 50 isn't such a requirement anymore, but it will still allow for some cross-class capability. Having some other classes at a mid-levelish range at least would be advised.

I'm all for it, but you know my schedule. :p

Allard

FFXIV is on sale for 9.99 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JJ2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Gladiator, Marauder, Conjurer, and Thaumaturge have the best moogle weapons. Archer looks like a cop out, and Pugilist looks like one of those joke items that turns out to be MUCH more powerful than it should be. Lancer just looks like a big salad fork.

Well anything that deals with moogles and gear was almost certainly going to be goofy looking, I would have been disappointed if they weren't. I mean when you first see them in game they come marching with a little band in the forest. I hope the primal battle will be both challenging and have high entertainment. The only disappointing thing is no moogle armor but maybe they can save that for 2.0 or achievements (The crowns you get from achievements look like moogle crowns).

Teknoman

Well anything that deals with moogles and gear was almost certainly going to be goofy looking, I would have been disappointed if they weren't. I mean when you first see them in game they come marching with a little band in the forest. I hope the primal battle will be both challenging and have high entertainment. The only disappointing thing is no moogle armor but maybe they can save that for 2.0 or achievements (The crowns you get from achievements look like moogle crowns).

I hope they use some remixed version of the usual moogle theme for the battle if possible. I wonder if it's going to end up being a test by the king moogle or just a moogle gone bad.

meep!

Neo Member
The Moogle-weapons almost make me want to play again. Almost.
But I'll probably check the game out again in a year or so when 2.0 hit!

Ravidrath

Hope everyone's doing well - hope to play some next week once I get back from this European tour, in between bouts of Zelda.

...And, no, I'm not smiling, Renta. >:|

I get that the Moogle weapons are mainly for humor's sake. But why does the Pugilist weapon have to look the most ridiculous two Primals in a row? XD

And WTF at Marauders, they just get a badass looking axe with an engraved Moogle on it. None of this stuffed popup business, why the hell do they get special treatment? ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom