• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oh snap:

62da9a583b01741bf8cbdc4619a642a5.jpg

What is that spiked, woody thing between his legs?

Ravidrath

Heh, I was wondering if there were "Enhances" thing on the AF, and the reason it looked so awful was because their parser couldn't read that stuff.

Good to see I was right!

I wonder... does Enhance "Cure" only enhance Cure, or would it help Cura, too? Maybe the former, essentially giving you a second viable healing option.

Buttons

First 5/5 AF White Mages on Palamecia. Was so much fun. ^_^ The last fight was tricky until we figured out we need to kite it, eles can one-shot you with Burst, Flare or Freeze. xD

whmnrx2t.jpg

Almost 5.30am now, time for bed zzzzz. ^_^/

NeoForte

In the 3rd to last quest you travel around getting pieces from ??? crates. No keys, just travel and live and get the armors. Last quest has the final piece of armor.

Ravidrath

Ah, so this is something everyone will have easily - cool.

How about the quests for the rooms? I might be able to get on a bit tonight, and it'd be cool to get that done so I can start accruing rested exp.

Allard

Ah, so this is something everyone will have easily - cool.

How about the quests for the rooms? I might be able to get on a bit tonight, and it'd be cool to get that done so I can start accruing rested exp.

Not exactly. Some of the AF quests have you going into the raids including Aurum Vale which you can't even enter without a lot of people who all need to have completed "Into the Dark" quest from the Hold. Its certainly not 'hard' but it does take some gathering skill and some of the later quests do require help from other people. Basically think FFXI AF quests. The final quest needs at least 8 lvl 50 people and some of them are pretty hard.

Can't say anything about the Gridania and Limsa inns, but the Ul'Dah one was simply talk to the NPC near the retainer bell, find a kid in the alley.... done. The character you meet in this quest is hilarious however.

Sofo

How well is FFXIV faring against FFXI? I have tender memories of FFXI (even if it wasn't perfect), which I quit on 2009. I like that jobs are becoming more traditional, but I'm still not sure of this game. Bought Collector's Edition, feels like a waste having it sitting on a shelf. :/

Also, possible to solo/duo all the way to the top, as a magic user? I'd be a Lalafell Tarutaru (forgot the name for FFXIV!)

Cmagus

ibpp3XNpGKjgRH.jpg

Every time I use elusive Jump my face stays like this till I use another major attack. Also sad that you cannot put materia on the AF gear the stuff I have on now is stronger than the new gear :(

Jinko

Man, so the fight for the last MNK quest is freaking tough.
Dude hits like several freight trains.
0 - 5 thus far. Will keep grinding it out with other groups.

Holy shit, the DL is so slow!

SE, how about putting some damn servers and stop leeching other people bandwidth!!

Edit: Great, now isn't even dling nothing, but the upload speed is perfectly fine!

Jinko

SE, how about putting some damn servers and stop leeching other people bandwidth!!

Edit: Great, now isn't even dling nothing, but the upload speed is perfectly fine!

Use Utorrent if you having problem.

So is the Aurum Vale a "real" raid dungeon with its own bosses, goals, and gear? Or does it solely exist to give people their AF?

It's a proper instance, that big ogre guy on the other page is in there.

The AF is hidden in boxes throughout the world and in random dungeons, last piece comes from beating a boss.

N.A

Banned
BLM quests complete!

GKMOu.jpg

First time we cleared the final quest it bugged and didnt give us anything :\

Strategy that we worked out for people who want it:

All enter as BLM then switch to:
1x GLA
2x CON
5x THM/BLM

Buff then all run in together.
All THMs/BLMs cast Blizzara on Wisps.
GLA pulls main boss away.
THMs/BLMs/CONs stay near where the wisps spawn.
About 5 seconds after your Blizzara cooldown ends the wisps will respawn.
Everyone casts Blizzara again.
Repeat.
Use nukes on boss between cooldowns.

N.A

Banned
Little Ladies’ Day Festival starts on Tuesday: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c5185055741c2b876d3432965327a1ee155d9c24

Never blinking and all-seeing, The Mythril Eye misses naught that transpires within the lustrous domain of coin. Today our staff writers have put together a special report on Little Ladies’ Day, the beloved festival that originated right here in Ul'dah.

Peach blossom earrings all the rage?
As the Garlean menace casts its shadow over the land, our captains of commerce do not stand idle. They are responding to chaotic times by establishing new trade routes, investing in grains, and stockpiling mlitary supplies.

And even as their parents chase down business opportunities, the young merchant daughters of Ul'dah are chasing the latest fashion trends. But do not call them foolish or flighty! Nay, for the young girls' spending is the fuel that feeds the fires of commerce.

In this season when the peach blossoms bloom, we are reminded of Princess Edyva of the Thorne dynasty, whose famous tale became the origin of our Little Ladies’ Day festival. Our thoughts also turn to the plight of parents, who each year must cast about for a suitable gift to present to their young darlings.

3523_1.png

So, let us do some casting of our own and find out what young girls are hankering for this season. To guide us through this dynamic market, we turned to Lady Yuyune, proprietor of Eshtaime's Lapidaries and expert on the fashion trends of society at large.

"Well, young women are really into refined and elegant ear-wear. For a while it was all about big, brilliant, look-at-me gemstones, but that is so last month. Today, the better sorts of girls are buying up enamel and crystal wrought into leaves and flowers and little animals and the like. Very classy, very cute."

As this reporter was leaving, Lady Yuyune produced an attractive pair of earrings with a peach blossom motif that she promised would be a can't-miss Little Ladies’ Day gift. They were, she told us, part of a brand new collection made exclusively at Eshtaime's Lapidaries. It was not altogether clear whether she was offering them as an example of the latest trends or just trying to close another sale. Whatever the case may have been, it is safe to say that like Sunsilk Tapestries, Lady Yuyune's shop is setting the trends, not following them. A bauble from Eshtaime's Lapidaries would be a smart investment for parents looking for an "affection safe haven." We rate their gifts a buy.

Damn ATT. On tech support with them now...never had several disconnects in a row (not the game's fault, complete DSL loss).

After I logged off last night I checked my modem and I was synched at something ridiculous like 160kbps. Had to completely restart the modem several times to get it to connect at a proper speed. ATT claims everything is fine on their end so maybe my modem is dying >.>

Teknoman

Posted a link for it last page.

After I logged off last night I checked my modem and I was synched at something ridiculous like 160kbps. Had to completely restart the modem several times to get it to connect at a proper speed. ATT claims everything is fine on their end so maybe my modem is dying >.>

Yeah after calling and talking today, they said everything looked fine...

Had the day off and its raining pretty hard...no disconnects yet so I guess that was just an odd mishap, or they changed something on their end, and I just happened to be playing while they were doing it?

Its been awhile so:

iAi89npNIqPTK.jpg

iNUUQHWA8pmGo.jpg

iFJsbUq0U6TkR.jpg

ie7eJlsjcJppZ.jpg

idu19paYXPAhG.jpg

ibygPVKabjOH3g.jpg

iCuX8TQCn0G3H.jpg

ip1TP5xmqoUKP.jpg

ibmi18cmfsnjTK.jpg

rybrad

What settings does everyone use for battle stuff? I am finding switching to active stance, clicking on a target twice and dealing with the lock-on camera very cumbersome. Is there a better way to make things flow better or do you just have to get used to it? I tried with the lock-on camera off and that added more issues as melee when switching targets.

Also, is there anyway to bind mouse buttons in-game? It seems like you can't do that but just want to make sure I am not missing something here.

Jinko

Game is fucking me off today, can't find a party to Aurum Vale.

Community in this game sucks balls, everyones like help me, but couldn't give a shit when you need help.

@ rybrad you will probably have to wait til 2.0 when they redesign the mouse/keyboard UI.

Buttons

We did it! The first (or one of the first) full Bard AF sets on Palamecia. Wow the last fight was hard until we figured it out. ^_^

bardbxl4a.jpg

bard2lxy3t.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help. ^__^/ And to Kadaj for the strategy for Cutter's Cry. Wee time for bed. *__*

King_Moc

Banned
What's the update been like in general? I think i'm gonna get a 6 month subscription when I next get paid. Not sure whether to come back on the GAF server, or to join the EU one though. I understand you can choose at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom