• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

The quest to go to Cutter's is called A Light in the Dark so I bet there's some darklight stuff to be had there.

in the lore article for Cutter Cry it talks about the Darklight raider's group.

Once, thirty years ago, the merchants decided to hire mercenaries to clear the monsters from the cave and make Cutter's Pass safe for their agents. The Darklight Raiders were the unfortunate band who agreed to take on the job. Many of their number entered that cave, and very, very few emerged. But still, the chimera was dead―or so it was believed.

So yeah the darklight gear more then likely comes from here.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
What's the update been like in general? I think i'm gonna get a 6 month subscription when I next get paid. Not sure whether to come back on the GAF server, or to join the EU one though. I understand you can choose at the moment?

You should probably pay for a month to try it out before committing to half a year. ^^ You could come with us and keep jinko company but I don't think the LS is very active during EU times. Not sure about that though..

Jinko

You should probably pay for a month to try it out before committing to half a year. ^^ You could come with us and keep jinko company but I don't think the LS is very active during EU times. Not sure about that though..

It's really active last 2 days lol, as I said before we kinda need more EU recruitment in this LS, not just from GAF.

I have to admit, I left FFXIV for awhile to play Star Wars and I have been bored to tears in that game lately. All these changes in FFXIV are looking too good, and BRD skills looks hot, support that can do dmg, sign me up for that. I should have logged in and did a server change to the GAF server...too late now I guess.

Anyone know if they are going to have more then one wave for server migrations?

King_Moc

Banned
They're gonna make an EU server?

Well, they're trying to. It's Ragnarok

I already know i like the game as i played it on and off from launch until about November. It's been consistently improving as well. I only stopped playing because of work commitments. My free time is coming back to me shortly though, and i plan on catching up. Can't see a 6 month option anyway, i'm sure i heard it mentioned before.

Edit: Should point out that the Ragnarok server isn't based in the EU, just a suggested one for EU players.

They're gonna make an EU server?

Yeah, sort off, Ragnarok is the server dedicated for EU players but there's no actual restriction from players from other places.

Edit: They just confirmed that Ragnarok has enough players for their own...

I have to admit, I left FFXIV for awhile to play Star Wars and I have been bored to tears in that game lately. All these changes in FFXIV are looking too good, and BRD skills looks hot, support that can do dmg, sign me up for that. I should have logged in and did a server change to the GAF server...too late now I guess.

There's a second wave of tranfers this 12th, but as I understand a lot of worlds are already full, incluiding Lindblum.

Jinko

I think there is still time to change, you have to subscribe to be able to do so though.

Finally beat the last MNK battle.

Get someone to aggro and kite everyone around.
Eventually, they will lose aggro one by one and no longer link.
Pick them off one at a time > Success.

xGfai.jpg

Mature

Is there a way to use skills without clicking down to the next skill bar? As in are all skills available to you without constantly switch between the 3 bars?

Jinko

Yea will be coming in 2.0, I just hope they make it play better when they have made the mouse and keyboard UI.

It's really cumbersome at times.

A lot better as BLM/THM with the sub targeting turned off.

Mature

A lot better as BLM/THM with the sub targeting turned off.
Yeah, I'm doing this too, but for whatever reason sometimes I'll select a skill and it just wont go through... The noise of me selecting is there, but nothing happens. Not even something in the log saying it failed. Kinda sucky when you're on healer.

Teknoman

Thanks for helping with parley, disconnected right after I finished completing the quest again. That makes 3 times in a row...so glad a tech is coming out later.

Cmagus

Is there a list somewhere online where all the AF is located? Is it the same places (zones) for all jobs?

Just use your map. When you get the quest that requires you to get the gear pieces if you open the map and look at the locations you should see a few locations like this ???? click each and it will show where each of them are exactly.In terms of the ones in the cave you'll need to group and generally they are straight forward

I'm on Lindblum but the world merge application won;t let me pick Sargatanas. Will that be my default merged world, anyway?

I thought that Linblum and the other server would become Sargatanas after the merger, don't think you have to apply for it unless you're on another server. Could be wrong though.

King_Moc

Banned
Hmmm, all the move changes are making me confused as to how i should be using my Lv.50 Lancer. Any ideas? Currently levelling Pugilist anyway, so i can get Dragoon.

Cmagus

Hmmm, all the move changes are making me confused as to how i should be using my Lv.50 Lancer. Any ideas? Currently levelling Pugilist anyway, so i can get Dragoon.

If your on Lindblum your fine you will automatically be moved to the new server.

As for lancer your main combo should be True Thrust --> Leg sweep (make sure you stand back abit for maximum damage) ---> doom spike (a better chance of hitting more by using this from the side)

That is your best combo in my opinion, while doom spike is resetting use True Thrust and combo with then Heavy Thrust/vorpal thrust. Also use power surge and keep it up .Power surge stacks so use it and keep an eye on it to open up again then use it again you can stack it to power surge 3.

Other than that Id equip protect, chameleon, sentinel, rampart, cure, invigorate and keen flurry and if you feel like getting fancy chaos thrust.

iBLcP4Qlp2k15.jpg

iEM1nQUdlOQ7c.jpg

Xux

Damn, AF looks so cool. Guess I'd better get back to grinding so the first quest doesn't destroy me again.

Felt like taking a few shots of my own character. Not the best looking shots because I play on my midrange laptop but here we are:

afIog.jpg

MAsmW.jpg

I'll be on today if anyone needs help with anything, but I have some things to do today so it'll be early afternoon (now, my time) and later in the evening (after 10:00pm or so).

Jinko

Hmm poll was a bit average.

Nothing about U/U gear being next to useless compared to materia. (Darklight does seem better though, AF is still not as good as 2 melded gear)

I voted to make both repairs and materia affixing to be any craft though I think that would be much better.

Voted for Viera - Musketeer and Red Mage lol

I saw this on the forums, fan made trailer how come fans are promoting the game better than SE themselves lol.

Allard

Hmm poll was a bit average.

Nothing about U/U gear being next to useless compared to materia. (Darklight does seem better though, AF is still not as good as 2 melded gear)

I voted to make both repairs and materia affixing to be any craft though I think that would be much better.

Voted for Viera - Musketeer and Red Mage lol

I saw this on the forums, fan made trailer how come fans are promoting the game better than SE themselves lol.

You and I have similar tastes in classes. I also voted RDM and "Original" class. Honestly though I'm ok with materia being the way it is. Everyone talks about how much more powerful materia is over untradeable gear but it still takes some time or a lot of gil to get the best stuff from it, as long as the untradeable gear feels attainable its in the right place, just needs to make sure most are 'above' a singe series of materia affixition. Also the AF gear is basically like the FFXI equivalent, some gear is the best in its class and might be for some time due to the enhancements they bring, and some could be easily replaced now or down the line. They do indeed need to work on balancing itemization now that they finished their overhaul on stats.

The one thing that stuck out for me that I wanted to see more of though is more crafting recipes. They need to fill in the blanks left behind by some dated gear still as I am finding it very hard to gear up for my class without making sure I have all crafts up to top level to affix my own materia. Like you said maybe allow all classes affix materia on any piece of gear might help but there is an extreme shortage of general gear on the market, although that might just be anecdotal problems considering I was searching for stuff 2 days before the patch. A lot of returning players came on then XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom