• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Stats on the healers robe are a bit disappointing.

so much for 1 times meld, 1 times Tier 2 by the looks of it .. /pfftt

I will stab someone if you have to do a full party 50 quest just to actually get the Job. I thought that the hard final quest was for the final Job Skill/AF armor.

Ravidrath

I will stab someone if you have to do a full party 50 quest just to actually get the Job. I thought that the hard final quest was for the final Job Skill/AF armor.

No, the interview basically says that you should be able to solo the L30 quest (to unlock the Job), but that the final quest will be harder.

Allard

That is the case, the first couple quests can easily be soloed as a lvl 50 on the job, its only the final one he said 'might' require a full group of level 50s.

Edit: Beaten lol.

As for the stats on the AF, it looks like we are in for a scenario similar to FFXI AF except the stats are all around less 'unique' compared to FFXI ones. Looks like Paladin will be able to use most of its pieces for a while with all the enmity stats on it, where other classes will take the boost till they have something better all around. The body pieces on most of the classes are a bit disappointing though, at least from the 3 we have thus far.

Jinko

Wow the +/- enmity on that darklight set is crazy. :O

I would say Darklight is better for PLD than the AF + 115 Enmity.

Total stats for WHM gear is

MND +28
Healing Power + 35
MP +40
PIE +6

AF gear has added buffs to various WS for the class/job in addition to the stats, so that's likely why they made Darklight gear's stats so jacked to compensate.

I personally will take the AF gear though.

Teknoman

Heavy Darklight armor looks crazy intimidating. Do you get some kind of AF set bonus, because the heavy darklight looks alot better unless i'm missing something.

AF gear has added buffs to various WS for the class/job in addition to the stats, so that's likely why they made Darklight gear's stats so jacked to compensate.

I personally will take the AF gear though.

Ah gotcha. I guess...Darklight armor for soloing and AF for parties?

Teknoman

Potions can help quicken a fight too if needed.

Yeah buff potions too. Definitely stacking up on vit,mnd, and str potions.

No, the interview basically says that you should be able to solo the L30 quest (to unlock the Job), but that the final quest will be harder.

Excellent. But how do we obtain AF?

No new animations for GLA ws (that damn 'circle anim." for 3 ws) :(

Btw, great patch indeed. They added graphics to every food and drinks °_°

Goring Blade is gladiator.

Kyudo

Neo Member
A lot of these new accessories are bananas. +15 stat rings at lvl 49 lol

Edit: +15 healing magic potency necklace, a lot of healing magic bonus this update

Teknoman

Oh snap:

62da9a583b01741bf8cbdc4619a642a5.jpg

Allard

A lot of these new accessories are bananas. +15 stat rings at lvl 49 lol

What was the point in consolidating accesory slots, just inventory space? I thought one of the original reasons behind it was they feared how easily stats would go wacky with all the accessory slots opening up XD.

Nice to see the 'enhance' stuff make a return and make some of that gear not seem less then pathetic. Needs more stuff like that in game to enhance situational builds rather then clear cut "STR, VIT and Attack" only buffs. All together the items in the higher level really make me excited, not since the game started has there ever been a feeling like this patch gives to reasonable end game focus. The darklight gear + job gear is truly game changing from a focal point of view on a characters growth.

Edit: that's an unfortunate place for that club lol. Hope its the same size as the concept art made us believe.

Allard

Weird, loads fine for me. Do you by any chance have ad-block or noscript blocking that site? No idea what else it could be.

Think it might just be getting hammered. It still hasn't loaded fully for me but the second time I tried loading it I got the menu on the left side and I only had a blank dark grey screen before.

Allard

Getting the same thing Allard is. Probably just everyone rushing the site after finding out the news.

Yeah it finally loaded for me. I like the feel of the menus for database. For crafting and other stuffs I think I'll still use our resident database guy's site but I do like the scrolling level by level system it as on there. Can't wait to get home, the game is finally updated on both my computers (I use logmein from work lol).

Kyudo

Neo Member
Since some of you cant view the site i took this from bg:
Body:
WHM: "Enhance Cure"
BLM: "Enhance Excruciate"
BRD: "Enhance Ballad"
MNK: "Conserves MP cost of Fist Actions"
DRG: "Enhance Invigorate Attack"
PLD: "Enhance Cover"
WAR: "Enhance Vengeance"

Head:
WHM: (none)
BLM: "Reduces Convert Recast"
BRD: (none)
MNK: (none)
DRG: (none)
PLD: (none)
WAR: "Enhance Antagonize"

Legs:
WHM: "Reduces Presence of Mind Recast"
BLM: (none)
BRD: "Enhance Paeons"
MNK: "Reduces Shoulder Tackle Recast"
DRG: "Reduces Jump Recast"
PLD: "Enhance Divine Veil"
WAR: (none)

Hands:
WHM: (none)
BLM: (none)
BRD: "Enhance Minuet"
MNK: (none)
DRG: (none)
PLD: "Enhance Holy Succor"
WAR: "Reduces Collusion Recast"

Feet:
WHM: "Enhance Regen"
BLM: "Reduces Resonance Recast"
BRD: (none)
MNK: "Enhance Fist of Wind"
DRG: "Enhance Elusive Jump"
PLD: (none)
WAR: (none)

Teknoman

Soo... Anyone up for Darkhold once Jobs are all squared away? >_>

Yup, I'll do that once I get Dragoon wrapped up.

Same here with Paladin, I can put warrior on the backburner for now I guess/spare time. My top objectives are Paladin, Chocobo armor, and beating Cutter's Cry...since everyone will have access to that lol. Ifrit and Mog too of course, but that will probably be better to attempt after everyone has jobs up and running.

I wonder what the several new enemies are (aside from Chimera).

Oh and please register here if you havent already:

http://reddot.guildwork.com/

Same here with Paladin, I can put warrior on the backburner for now I guess/spare time. My top objectives are Paladin, Chocobo armor, and beating Cutter's Cry...since everyone will have access to that lol. Ifrit and Mog too of course, but that will probably be better to attempt after everyone has jobs up and running.

I wonder what the several new enemies are (aside from Chimera).

Oh and please register here if you havent already:

http://reddot.guildwork.com/

Question about registering; for the display name do you prefer that to be character name, or can it be anything like on a forum? If there's a "preferred" format so that everyone knows who everyone is I just want to be sure I'm following it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just put my character name. I'm registered but I don't have full access yet.

Teknoman

Question about registering; for the display name do you prefer that to be character name, or can it be anything like on a forum? If there's a "preferred" format so that everyone knows who everyone is I just want to be sure I'm following it.

I think preferred name is your main character's name (majority use that, but some use forum names too), especially since some non-GAF will be using that as well.

I'm going to run the airquotes emote into the ground.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You have to actually register you 14 character in your dashboard settings for guildwork to work completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom