• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

Reading the post, it sounds like you maybe buy the mats with GC, and then they're crafted...? But they're difficult synths.

Also, the ARC is wearing new armor, isn't it?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Reading the post, it sounds like you maybe buy the mats with GC, and then they're crafted...? But they're difficult synths.

Also, the ARC is wearing new armor, isn't it?

* New recipes include weapons, armor, and accessories.
* New weapon recipes planned for patch 1.22 are for gladiator, pugilist, marauder, and lancer classes only. Weapons for other classes are planned for release sometime after patch 1.22a.

Jinko

* New recipes include weapons, armor, and accessories.
* New weapon recipes planned for patch 1.22 are for gladiator, pugilist, marauder, and lancer classes only. Weapons for other classes are planned for release sometime after patch 1.22a.

LOL SE you fail, weapons do look good though.

I'm quite liking those PGL blocks.

Jinko

Off-line Final Fantasy games have always had unique weapon design.

Personally I prefer it, better than a narly old stick on your back.

What in the hell are those things Pugs get? >_>

I like the sword and the bow a lot though.

EDIT: Oh, and all the people wanting more realistic weapons, that was a Tanaka thing (which is why Glads had all that Roman rubbish before). Yoshida goes for the old-school FF aesthetic, aka flashy. They did it long before Korean MMOs did.

SE needs to fuck off with the PGL/MNK weapons designs they've been doing. First the damn Mogfists now those retarded blocks? At least the Garuda weapon looks sufficiently badass.

I couldn't care less about Tera, not gonna be playing it after trying the beta. Now PSO2, that game is fucking godlike and threatens to monopolize my time when it comes out. Playing the beta of that and it's sooo good. However, it's F2P so I can play it and FFXIV.

Munba

Off-line Final Fantasy games have always had unique weapon design.

Personally I prefer it, better than a narly old stick on your back.

Well, i like the usual FF unique design as well but some of them seems made with 'strange' materials or too colorful imo.. like the paladin sword. Or too 'gallant' (the garuda bow is absurdly big). The ff11 weapons had better and austere design imo. I know, i have difficult tastes :p

Allard

I actually like the direction the gear is going in, but I could do without some of the more awkward designs as high end gear, like those block hands for PUG might make a good mid range joke weapon or something "Look I have bricks for hands, aren't I cool!". I really like the transforming weapons, makes the gear look normal when not in combat and then when in combat they look more impressive. Outside of the crafted PUG weapon I like basically all the new designs. I wonder what 'stats' the Garuda weapon are going to bring to make them stand out.

Ravidrath

I feel like the blocks wee supposed to be "expanding" like all the others, but doing it right was going to be too hard to animate and model, so they just went with "scale up and put glowing cracks to show separation points."

And I like a number of the Garuda weapons! I really like the ARC, PGL and CNJ weapons... although I wish the CNJ one didn't glow.

A lot of the recent high-end weapon designs are not exactly subtle, but I think if you put them side-by-side with any Korean MMO they look positively restrained by comparison.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I'm back. Everyone from Lindblum is on Sargatanas, right?
In the end the guy on phone support told me my problem with registering the CC were caused by different details on my account and CC (they were the same). Guess they don't know what to do with the 601 error themselves...
I've ended up buying Crysta and paying for 90 days though. Really hope the game got better since the last time I played (before it went p2p again).

Munba

4263.jpg

Garuda's Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KC7qcJcmzfQ#!

Wow, it seems very nice. Also the cutscenes seems truly engaging.

Jinko

Awww I'm psyched up, hope enough people log on to Red Dot on Friday.

You can see that when she does her shall we call it 2 Hour lol everyone hides behind the rocks.

Allard

For those who want to know what that means in the US.

[Date & Time]
Apr. 25, 2012 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (PDT)

I'm not expecting to be able to get on at all tomorrow with it ending that late XD; its bound to have extensions. My guess is they decided to release it tomorrow so they give themselves sometime to fix issues with the patch so their staff can go on vacation during Golden Week.

Munba

The official forums say i'm not logged in the game for 30 days so i can't login in it... and i played the game until yesterday <_<

Allard

Waiting for official translation but a Japanese rep commented on the Lore surrounding why the company armies and leaders don't participate in the invasion excursion we have seen cropping up recently (the current live event) and mentioned that there are reasons that we will see in patch 1.22, specifically that it has something to do with why its only small invasion forces and not large armies. He also comments that the army itself is not big enough to repel these smaller invasions and they are strategically stationed in the cities and key points of interest which till this point have been hidden.

Gameplay wise we got a bit of news in regards to the Hamlet defense and it looks like it will indeed have some similarities with Campaign from FFXI. Friendly NPC's will join the battles and the fights will be between the beastmen and the imperials. In 2.0 the rep talked about how they are trying to have a system where its possible to have some enemies become friendly NPC's during a hamlet battle when the right condition is met.

Allard

Lol so apparently the title for yesterdays update was not 'translated' properly and has been corrected. It makes more sense now but I'm not sure how it possibly got translated improperly XD.

From "Introducing All-new Company Gear! (04/23/2012)." to "Introducing All-new Gear! (04/23/2012)." Basically the new items might/probably have nothing to do with companies at all and Disciple of the Land/Hand are probably the only means to procure the new items.

Ravidrath

Lol so apparently the title for yesterdays update was not 'translated' properly and has been corrected. It makes more sense now but I'm not sure how it possibly got translated improperly XD.

From "Introducing All-new Company Gear! (04/23/2012)." to "Introducing All-new Gear! (04/23/2012)." Basically the new items might/probably have nothing to do with companies at all and Disciple of the Land/Hand are probably the only means to procure the new items.

Ah, that explains the stuff about the mats, then.

Guess Gryphons will be new enemies, and Darksteel a new ore?

Ravidrath

BTW, looking at the video, it looks like this fight combines elements of both Ifrit and Moogle.

If you look at 1:19 of the video, you'll see a BRDcher use Rain of Death on something in the background that another team is fighting.

Also, she splits into three like Ifrit, but they seem to be actually, fully-active mobs. Or perhaps they are clones and only one is the "real" one? You can see one of them just sitting in the background doing nothing, while people fight the other two.

My guess is that she has little whirlwinds or elementals or something for the first phase of the fight, and they get upgraded into full-blown doppelgängers after Aerial Blast.

hteng

Banned
Most of neogaf is on Sargatanas so I would recommend it.

wut? i've never seen anyone online in the guild.

sidenote, yesterday i did the darkhold quest with an LS for a few runs, got my AF hands, done the Grand Company quest, and even got some loot too. The dungeon is designed for speed run bys if you want the loots, i guess it kinda sucks that most of the time you are just running around activating doors/portals.

then came the fight with bartaal, wow that was an intense fight, but at the same thing shit gets really out of hand with all the adds, there are no crowd control skills other than sleeping, really sucks for a DD.

Cetra

Anyone know of any crafting guides that are up to date as of 1.20? Myself and some friends are just starting a linkshell and we're finding it difficult to find any good crafting information.

Jinko

Anyone know of any crafting guides that are up to date as of 1.20? Myself and some friends are just starting a linkshell and we're finding it difficult to find any good crafting information.

http://mooglebox.com/ is the best for recipes.

http://mozk-tabetai.com/ is best for new items after a patch (prob new recipes as well)

New Raven post on the lodestone, excitement is building :D

Looks like Garuda is actually in the Black Shroud near Quarrymill.

New recipes on the lodestone.

Armouror
Blacksmith
Goldsmithing
Tanner
Weaver
Alchemy
Carpenter
Culnarian

There are other item but they have no pictures yet.

Finally a use for clusters o/

Jinko

[dev1389] The following actions can now be performed upon online linkshell members in the Linkshell interface: Send /Tell, Invite, Promote, Demote, Exile

:O

Patch notes are full of win, little things such as food and potions being used instantly is a god send :D

I think alot of people will be a annoyed that the new darksteel gear is class only, not very useful for end game/job content.

Edit:- My internet is being a complete B**** today so I doubt I'll get to do Garuda later :(

Munba

I'm still waiting for the new animations for old WS... btw, the patch notes are full of tiny awesome things. Hamlets Defence seems more interesting than i thought.

Hope we can take a nap on the bed now XD

edit: i don't like so much the imperial stronghold design.. not so inspired (it reminds me warhammer online lol). :/

Jinko

edit: i don't like so much the imperial stronghold design.. not so inspired (it reminds me warhammer online lol). :/

LOl I thought it looked really cool , probably because its so different, but considering its Garleans it makes sense to look mechanical like that.

Allard

Think I'm most excited for the option to finally search an item at the wards by name. That is the first task toward adding item filters in, I'd love be able to search level range and filter by what class can use the items etc, but that is likely to come in 2.0, but hell I wasn't expecting it to come before 2.0 that is certainly a huge surprise. I now have zero reason to go back to Ul'dah anymore :D, I can use the Limsa Ward. Also nice to see they are already on their way to adding gear set bonus's.

Ravidrath

So there's a mercantile for each city in each city...?

I'm a little confused as to why they're separate areas, and not separate NPCs in each area, or something.

Allard

So there's a mercantile for each city in each city...?

I'm a little confused as to why they're separate areas, and not separate NPCs in each area, or something.

The reason is because the developers are trying to make a conscious effort to elevate server stress due to too many people in specific areas. The separate instances for each mercantile house is likely a part of this plan. Much like how in FFXI there were many areas for the AH and they were always separated by a new zone. There were 4 places to use the AH in Jueno and it made it possible for people to spread out 'if they wanted to'. But till the recent 'regional' shouting most just congregated in spots where it was easier to get parties for special events. Lower Jueno/Ru'Lude Gardens in the early days, then Whitegate and now Port Jueno. The same issue is going to plague FFXIV till they make a regional shout system or even better some global chat channels.

Jinko

I think its that the structure of the database and the way the servers act they can't consolidate all the information through one interface, that being said I still don't know why they couldn't have 1-3 NPC's in the same place each with 3 options.

Allard thing is with FF11 is gave the choice, they later consolidated all the AH's together also from the same interface.

TBH there shouldn't be an excuse for this kind of convoluted design in 2012, servers and programming has come a long way since FF11.

It's better than it was though so guess we should be thankful for that lol.

War nerf in 1.22a.

&#9632;&#25126;&#22763;&&#26023;&#34899;&#22763;&#12398;&#35519;&#25972;&#9632;
Adjustments to MRD/WAR

&#12300;&#12391;&#12365;&#12427;&#38480;&#12426;&#12398;&#19979;&#26041;&#20462;&#27491;&#12399;&#34892;&#12431;&#12394;&#12356;&#12301;&#12392;&#12356;&#12358;&#26041;&#37341;&#12391;&#12289;&#12371;&#12428;&#12414;&#12391;&#35519;&#25972;&#12434;&#23455;&#26045;/&#26908;&#35342;&#12375;&#12390;&#12365;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;&#12364;&#12289;
&#25126;&#22763;&#12395;&#38306;&#12375;&#12390;&#12399;&#12300;&#25973;&#35222;&#12364;&#23433;&#23450;&#12375;&#12289;&#24195;&#31684;&#22258;&#12395;&#39640;&#12356;&#12480;&#12513;&#12540;&#12472;&#12364;&#20986;&#12379;&#12289;&#38450;&#24481;&#21147;&#12364;&#39640;&#12356;&#12301;&#12392;&#12289;
&#12354;&#12414;&#12426;&#12395;&#12418;&#39640;&#24615;&#33021;&#21270;&#12375;&#12390;&#12375;&#12414;&#12387;&#12383;&#12383;&#12417;&#12289;&#19968;&#37096;&#19979;&#26041;&#20462;&#27491;&#12364;&#30330;&#29983;&#12375;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;
&#12371;&#12398;&#28857;&#12395;&#12388;&#12356;&#12390;&#12399;&#12289;&#26412;&#24403;&#12395;&#30003;&#12375;&#35379;&#12354;&#12426;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12290;
The direction is to "try as much as possible to not make downgrade changes" and we have been looking/making adjustments but for Warrior the hate is optimal, at same time can deal high damage and has high defense, it became too strong so parts of it will be down graded. For this one I am really sorry.

PLD is being buffed with HP more damage and better blocking abilities, DRG is being buffed to do better damage on long fights.

Ravidrath

I mean... I get that? But also don't.

Just letting people buy things from three different areas (in each city) is already going to be a huge improvement, I think. Subdividing it further just means people are going to favor one city again out of laziness, in all likelihood. And guess which one that will be?

Now if I want an item, I will potentially need to search from three different zones. I have to go in, search, not find it, change zones, search, not find it, change zones. But, in reality, everyone is probably just going to keep their stuff in Ul'dah, and the other zones will be rarely-used overflow zones.

And... I bet you can't dispatch retainers to any of the cities from anywhere else? And since Ul'dah will likely remain the only real sales hub, that means people are still going to stay in Ul'dah to use that feature.

It will still probably help some, but I don't think it's going to be that big of an improvement at all.

Allard

I mean... I get that? But also don't.

Just letting people buy things from three different areas (in each city) is already going to be a huge improvement, I think. Subdividing it further just means people are going to favor one city again out of laziness, in all likelihood. And guess which one that will be?

Now if I want an item, I will potentially need to search from three different zones. I have to go in, search, not find it, change zones, search, not find it, change zones. But, in reality, everyone is probably just going to keep their stuff in Ul'dah, and the other zones will be rarely-used overflow zones.

And... I bet you can't dispatch retainers to any of the cities from anywhere else? And since Ul'dah will likely remain the only real sales hub, that means people are still going to stay in Ul'dah to use that feature.

It will still probably help some, but I don't think it's going to be that big of an improvement at all.

Well its an improvement I wasn't expecting. Most didn't see them allowing us to get sales information from other cities till 2.0. My guess is there is probably something in the current server architecture that won't allow multiple search instances between wards of different regions in one area. So they make a new 'instance' and have it linked specifically to the market wards in another city, lets say Limsa region, since no matter how you look at it the retainers are still 'physically' in another instance somewhere and that when you buy an item you pull that item out of that region into a new one. We already know the market overhaul in 2.0 is going to be a consolidated AH where all items and searches happen the same in each region, this merely a bandaid while we wait another 5 months or so for 2.0. In fact the main reason they even decided to make the adjustment is due server capacity issue in one particular zone. Yoshida made a post today about how even though there are less people on during peak times then it was at launch, there are more people congregated in Ul'Dah zone A that is surpassing the available server capacity and it is making that spot crash constantly.

Cetra

http://mooglebox.com/ is the best for recipes.

http://mozk-tabetai.com/ is best for new items after a patch (prob new recipes as well)

New Raven post on the lodestone, excitement is building :D

Looks like Garuda is actually in the Black Shroud near Quarrymill.

New recipes on the lodestone.

Armouror
Blacksmith
Goldsmithing
Tanner
Weaver
Alchemy
Carpenter
Culnarian

There are other item but they have no pictures yet.

Finally a use for clusters o/

Thanks, Mooglebox is awsome.

Ravidrath

So what's the deal with the new armor and weapons...?

The recipe only works with the HQ blade/chestplate/etc.? You just throw the regular one away, or what?

Allard

So what's the deal with the new armor and weapons...?

The recipe only works with the HQ blade/chestplate/etc.? You just throw the regular one away, or what?

It looks like you can desynth the flawed/normal synth into one of the base components of 1 of the materials for the synthesis. For instance the mailbreaker blade turns into Darksteel Nugget in a new synth, allowing you to gain back 1 of the 3 materials you used to make one part of the original synth. Darksteel nugget X2 + Coke = Darksteel Ingot which is 1 of 3 materials needed to make the Mailbreaker blade synth. Also remember what Yoshida said about his intentions with the new double up system. He said if you just want to get a normal synth and don't need an HQ, you can let the synth go through, but if you are working for an HQ, don't get it but still have a chance at it you can 'double down' for half the percentage chance but lose the item in question, this appears to be one of those cases where you will need an HQ and a normal synth won't cut it.

Edit: I love the look of the new crafted armor even though I am aware the Darksteel stuff is really, really similar to darkflight. Love the Gryphon armor the most, and a good deal of the company gear doesn't look half bad either, wonder how good the set and sanction bonus on those will be since it seems the current .dat pulling has seen those stats yet.

Jinko

There is other gear in the dats btw, mage gear, nice purple robe and hat, plus Hippogryph leather stuff, I guess thats not being added til 1.22a/b though.

Allard

There is other gear in the dats btw, mage gear, nice purple robe and hat, plus Hippogryph leather stuff, I guess thats not being added til 1.22a/b though.

Well there are several things getting added in 1.22a, the rest of the hamlet stuff which will have their own rewards probably, the 'start'/finish of the AF weapons quests if they linger beyond multiple updates (think relic but hope they can be obtainable by 1.22a) and more crafted stuff that didn't get launched yet in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom