• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first weapons, third kill. Still 2 headdresses dropped with the weapons

12Qv9.jpg

bardia

I haven't played this game since December and I'm thinking of coming back now that there is content. What server is GAF on now and am I still able to migrate servers? Also how is the economy? Is everyone super rich and items very expensive or are they cheap? Thanks.

kiryogi

Banned
I haven't played this game since December and I'm thinking of coming back now that there is content. What server is GAF on now and am I still able to migrate servers? Also how is the economy? Is everyone super rich and items very expensive or are they cheap? Thanks.

Sargatanas and maybe on migrating.

Teknoman

Wow I wonder if they'll actually tie dreams into "the echo" and the storyline in general. Would be nice.

EDIT: They probably wont really focus on actual story until Dalamud changes the entire planet.

Munba

Wow I wonder if they'll actually tie dreams into "the echo" and the storyline in general. Would be nice.

EDIT: They probably wont really focus on actual story until Dalamud changes the entire planet.

Well, you could have an interesting point for the future there. They could put the 'past' stories into the dreams in 2.0 for those that join the game after 2.0. That would be very neat.

If you wont make a thread about it in the official forums, i will for sure :D

kiryogi

Banned
Well, you could have an interesting point for the future there. They could put the 'past' stories into the dreams in 2.0 for those that join the game after 2.0. That would be very neat.

Pretty sure they said any past story for pre 2.0 is only for folks that played before. One of the major selling points of playing now is that only we get to experience the 7th umbral events.

Teknoman

Major consensus is to wait till 2.0 or at least relatively close to 2.0

Of course i'm ok for either since the game could use more publicity.

Munba

Pretty sure they said any past story for pre 2.0 is only for folks that played before. One of the major selling points of playing now is that only we get to experience the 7th umbral events.

Yes, but they could put some fragmented pieces of the past in dreams anyway, to make show also for the new players what happened before.

edit-

lalafel bed animation is awesome lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qRgJrLPuXg

Buttons

Grats Jinko and good job Twentytwo! *__*/

We did the battle like 15+ times last night and worked out most of it before the vid was posted, our only problem was that our DPS was often too low and after Aerial Blast that dodgy teleport blasting would obliterate us, we would still make it to the clone phase but then half would be dead.
This is definitely not an easy battle for healers after aerial blast. xD Hope we win today, was too late last night so I went to be, so did our tank.

Toth

My LS did some (about 4) dry runs on Garuda last night to get the patterns down. As a BLM, I was studying positioning and damage potential during my runs. My spells did normal Ifrit-level damage on her but was abysmal on the plumes. Is everyone having the melees handle the plumes while BLMs take down Garuda?

Jinko

My LS did some (about 4) dry runs on Garuda last night to get the patterns down. As a BLM, I was studying positioning and damage potential during my runs. My spells did normal Ifrit-level damage on her but was abysmal on the plumes. Is everyone having the melees handle the plumes while BLMs take down Garuda?

Yea it seems SE's solution to making melee matter on this fight was making the plumes magic resistant lol.

Archers are best suited for that job.

Might be worth tryingblizzara next time just to see what damage it does.

Munba

For who missed Urianger, he is right now in Thanalan 23,22, in the cave (in all the servers). For another 7 hours from now i think.

Toth

Yea it seems SE's solution to making melee matter on this fight was making the plumes magic resistant lol.

Archers are best suited for that job.

Might be worth tryingblizzara next time just to see what damage it does.

I tried both Blizzara and Fire spells. All did terrible damage. Melees are the way to go it seems.

Jinko

CRP/BSM/ARM
Musked Pavis = Reduces Enmity of nearby Militia Soldiers
Spiked Pavis = Increases Attack Power of nearby Militia Archerss
Blessed Pavis = Grants Regen to all nearby Militia Laborers
Fortified Pavis = Increases Defense and Evasion of all nearby Militia Members

GSM/LTW/WVR
Musked Decoy = Reduces Enmity of all nearby Militia Members
Spiked Decoy = Increases Attack Power of nearby Militia Archers
Blessed Decoy = Grants Regen to all nearby Militia Laborers
Reinforced Decoy = Increases Defense and Evasion of all nearby Militia Members

ALC/CUL
Musked Rations = Reduces Enmity of all Militia Members that consume one
Spiked Rations = Increases Attack Power of all Militia Members that consume one
Blessed Rations = Grants Regen to all Militia Members that consume one
Fortified Rations = Increases Defense and Evasion of all Militia Members that consume one

All Red = Attack Down
All Blue = HP Down (DoT)
All Green = Sleep
One of each = Enmity Reset

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110435-Hamlet-Defense-Info

If you are DoW/DoM kill the monkey, wolf first they give extra bonus points :p

Jinko

Our set up was.

2 WHM, 1 CNJ, 1 BRD, 1 MIN, 3 WAR.

I would prob say the best party set up would be 2 DoL, 4 WAR's and 2 WHMs.

hamlet.jpg

Mr. Hyde

I am about to buy this from amazon for $10.00. Is this game optimized now? I remember hearing how badly it ran when it first came out. I assume it runs better now. Also, which server does everyone play on?

Ravidrath

I am about to buy this from amazon for $10.00. Is this game optimized now? I remember hearing how badly it ran when it first came out. I assume it runs better now. Also, which server does everyone play on?

Yeah, a while ago they put out a patch that improved performance by like 25% or more.

And most of the GAF crew is on Sargatanas.

Teknoman

Thanks for the help earlier with the new GC quest. Battle against the new-type Juggernaut was awesome, and i'm still surprised that last resort raise worked.

ih13Assi36z6A.gif

ibpzvAtcZzjaSa.jpg

i1t8pyD6f9pjQ.jpg

ig6TX22Po4gNl.jpg

iL3PlOiLc9tzp.jpg

Riposte

I have like 30 days of Crysta left... I'd love to catch that Urianger achievement while trying to reactive as close as my classes finishing as possible. If he pops up again, I'd really appreciate it someone saying it!

Teknoman

Looking at how big Dalamud is now...npcs should be acting just a little bit more on edge. And I dont just mean important npcs, but normal townspeople.

Munba

I have problem to take suppling quest from GC.. when i try to take it from the npc in the Company it says me to check my inventory because the transaction cannot be done e try again. But i have 52 free slots in my inventory.. what is the problem? :/

Kesagiri

I've been itching to try this game out lately, but I'd have to invest in a decent GPU first. As somebody who's been depending on consoles for games, I have no idea where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom