• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

If you posed this question on lodestone, the overwhelming answer would be that you should feel bad.

Let them feel bad wanting me to feel bad. I'll just keep on feeling like I'm feeling, which is much better than the last time I played the game.

If not for my GAF guildmates, I'd have probably quit after a month during my first run.

Jinko

Just installed Windows 8 (god help me) and this is actually running better for me, obviously a fresh install counts for something.

Ravidrath

Just installed Windows 8 (god help me) and this is actually running better for me, obviously a fresh install counts for something.

It's probably mostly the fresh install, but Windows 8 is said to be a lot lighter than Windows 7. They did have to make it run on tablets, after all.

Animekatt

Tried some of the crafting as a LTW. I think it's soooo much better. It's not as convoluted as in 1.0, and I love how you can just select which recipe you want, and you go right to crafting it.

Oh I'm Vulpix Ninetails on Bahamut, and Eevee Vaporeon on Moogle if anyone wants to be friends. :D

Is the alpha test currently under way only for PC? Are there any plans for a PS3 test?

Does ARR support voice chat?

no voice chat built-in.. not sure if this will change for release version..

PS3 testing will start with beta..

alpha test is PC only, mouse and keyboard only

Espresso

Banned
^ Thanks for the quick response.

Are we able to apply now for the PS3 beta or will that come at a later time? Male mithra are confirmed for launch, right?

Allard

no voice chat built-in.. not sure if this will change for release version..

PS3 testing will start with beta..

alpha test is PC only, mouse and keyboard only

To be more precise with this answer, voice-chat has been confirmed not to come to the game. The director made a very succinct reason for it in a past interview specifically regarding the nature the games international community (Japanese, French, German, and english speaking players all together, they want those communities to play together and use the translator tool for communication) and the fact there are plenty of 3rd party tools people can use if its wanted. Basically doesn't want to design the game with voice chat in mind, and thus the community will not require voice chat to run even the most simple of things, what guilds/ls's do on the other hand is their choice to make.

Nakazato

Aren't there Teamspeak, Vent, etc. clients for smartphones, tablets, etc. now?

Ask for help, and we won't have to!

Also, WTF? Rain doesn't yell at people for having shitty gear. He's part of the problem!
See guys already getting yelled at 2.0 isnt even out yet lol
i will never buy equipment again ill just hit u up for it lol

Yea vent is now on cell iirc

Im just happy i was pretty well geared at the end of 1.0. Wasnt capped everywhere but was pretty close to cap on drg brd and mnk

Miss you guys btw anyone going contact info for nagi? I want to talk to her.

Midou

Played a couple of hours. It certainly seems a lot more fun than 1.0. Questing is a bit overly generic so far, fedex and kill x, but what MMO isn't at it's core? I guess. Still enjoy doing repetitive quests, I don't know why.

Runs really well, looks really good, music and sounds are super nice. I haven't played since about december 2010. Combat is a lot better. Interface still has a few quirk problems but it's something like a trillion times better.

Feel it's a bit overly dramatic with such strong themes for taking quests and completing them, would be better saved for major quest lines or something. Sprinting places is nice.

Not feeling as much like FFXI as I'd have hoped, but it certainly feels more like FFXII lol..

Mastamind

Only real complaint I have so far is the combat. Just feels very clunky and maybe it's more the movement but the added back step and non existent strafe wreck it.

I vastly prefer combat from 1.0 over this but other than that I like most changes. I liked moving around in combat and if I needed to run I could. Now it's nothing more than run in stand there click click click which is almost game breaker for me.

Rebind A and D to strafe right and left. If you're using mouselook you dont need the keyboard to rotate your character.

Jinko

Only real complaint I have so far is the combat. Just feels very clunky and maybe it's more the movement but the added back step and non existent strafe wreck it.

I vastly prefer combat from 1.0 over this but other than that I like most changes. I liked moving around in combat and if I needed to run I could. Now it's nothing more than run in stand there click click click which is almost game breaker for me.

Use Q and E to strafe and don't use back just turn and run, right click is your friend :D

One thing for sure is potions are much more useful in 2.0

Found this bit in game.
gallery_80179_30_15250.jpg

Cmagus

So since I decided to post my thoughts on how the game plays which is my personal opinion I have received two messages in my inbox that were rather ignorant. I understand the game has strafe it doesn't mean I like the way it feels compared to 1.0. I read the manual and I know how to play the game thanks for the heads up.

kiryogi

Banned
Same.

Is red dot active on the alpha? I would like an invite if possible, too. In game name is James Power.

No LS options yet in alpha, we just friend one another via social list. You can find us active on the LS mumble as well. Either playing XI or Alpha.

reddot.guildwork.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom