• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

If you're playing the alpha and want to launch it from steam, I did a quick custom pic for the game you can find here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45674003&postcount=1311

EDIT: actually might as well post it right here since it's small, lol
realm_reborny8jpt.jpg

MMO purists will hate me for this, but I gotta ask. Will this still have a controller compatible interface? It's not that I have anything against a keyboard and mouse, but, since I started working full time, I find it harder and harder to sit at a computer for gaming, when I've already spent eight hours of the day in front of the computer for work. It's even stalled my Guild Wars 2 playing. And I adore that game.

I ask because I'd really like to give this a shot when it releases, since I looks amazing, but I'm not sure it's worth if I'll play it once a week.

ZiZ

where on moogle right?

I think they merged moogle and chocobo into louisox

MMO purists will hate me for this, but I gotta ask. Will this still have a controller compatible interface? It's not that I have anything against a keyboard and mouse, but, since I started working full time, I find it harder and harder to sit at a computer for gaming, when I've already spent eight hours of the day in front of the computer for work. It's even stalled my Guild Wars 2 playing. And I adore that game.

I ask because I'd really like to give this a shot when it releases, since I looks amazing, but I'm not sure it's worth if I'll play it once a week.

yup, and it seems to be a very good one.

here are some screens from the PS3 (which will be similar to the PC controller UI)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/11/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-the-first-screenshots/

Coldsnap

really like how my life is going without the addiction of an MMORPG... must resist when it comes back

I beat the hardest fight using a controller, so you def can.

Nakazato

Man ppl in this alpha are dicks. I /t a Japanese to ask a question he got all pissy and threatened to report me to a gm hey i didnt know hr was jp

BLCKATK

Think I've actually burnt myself out on the Alpha. Now that they aren't taking feedback anymore I feel like my duty is complete. Still getting that FF MMO craving though. Maybe I should give FFXI a try?

Darryl

Banned
Think I've actually burnt myself out on the Alpha. Now that they aren't taking feedback anymore I feel like my duty is complete. Still getting that FF MMO craving though. Maybe I should give FFXI a try?

it's on sale on amazon for $4.99, i mean why not?

Munba

Yoshi-p in Bahamut right now lol. He responds all the questions apparently XD (also in tell °_°)

edit-
Arcanist not in beta.

It was fun chatting with yoshi-p XD

Jijidasu

Yoshi-p in Bahamut right now lol. He responds all the questions apparently XD (also in tell °_°)

edit-
Arcanist not in beta.

It was fun chatting with yoshi-p XD

Damn I missed out!

Did he say anything else?

Curious as to why no Arcanist in Beta though..

Jijidasu

Checked out 2ch for some information on what happened last night when YoshiP turned up.

Beta info is from today onwards (One might assume he will talk about it tonight on the talk show (speaking of which it is looking to be a proper set up as even Soken is preparing materials for it)).

YoshiP likes Moss Burger more than McDonalds.

The "40~ zones" at launch figure is including dungeons. Vippers put this to work with settling that each starter region is composed of 2 zones for the city (+1 for housing?) and 5 for the surrounding region, multiplied by 3 that's 24. Then +3 for each region's Inn; 27. Mor Dhona 3 and Coerthas 3 (assumed) is 33 and then the assumed 10-15 dungeons will go over 40. Unless they cut it.

It'll be around 16 months post launch until we'll see any new zones.

Looks like they'll be merging worlds again in some manner, assumed to be tied to the new server structure. (If you want latency from Japan, choose a server with the Japan flag and so on).

Hairstyles are in "mass production mode".

They are considering increasing the amount of weapons in the game but currently increasing the amount of class/jobs that branch out of them has priority.

YoshiP likes beautiful breasts.

Munba

He talked about:
(my question was about arcanist, he responded arcanist is only on release not in beta);
he's thinking some ideas about airships battle/pvp for Free Companies;
someone asked him to put a mini-game with Lightning and he responded he has to ask to Motomu Toriyama for that lol;
he loved Blitzball XD;
in the end i told him to have a long holiday in a tropical island after release but he responded that after the release he must do extra dungeons, quests, content and expansion.. poor yoshi lol.

Xux

They are considering increasing the amount of weapons in the game but currently increasing the amount of class/jobs that branch out of them has priority.
This seems like a good idea. Design content around an eight player party with one of each class and combinations of the two different jobs for each.

Kinda hard to imagine what the alternate jobs would be, though, like how "specialized" Thaumaturge is and how it could change so much with five job abilities and reshuffled stats on top if it's nukes and stuff. Then again, this could happen far enough down the line and a level cap increase for a couple more job abilities.

Tomodachi

Uhm, stupid question: I am a level 12 lancer, I can't see any quest I can take except the one at the lancer's guild and one in Bentbrach Meadows, at the chocobo stables, but they're both level 15 minimum. Do I have to repeat levequests till I get to 15 or is there some area with quests I'm missing? Pretty sure I did everything in Gridania and Central Shroud :/

Xux

Uhm, stupid question: I am a level 12 lancer, I can't see any quest I can take except the one at the lancer's guild and one in Bentbrach Meadows, at the chocobo stables, but they're both level 15 minimum. Do I have to repeat levequests till I get to 15 or is there some area with quests I'm missing? Pretty sure I did everything in Gridania and Central Shroud :/
They only put in quests for up to level 10 aside from that Chocobo stable one and the class quests.

So yeah, either grind or talk to the Wandering Minstrel outside of Tam-Tara if you've beaten the quest with the golem.

Styles

Magic happens if you talk to an NPC at an entrance to a dungeon that's located at the southern most part of Central Shroud. ;)

Whoops. \o/

Tomodachi

They only put in quests for up to level 10 aside from that Chocobo stable one and the class quests.

So yeah, either grind or talk to the Wandering Minstrel outside of Tam-Tara if you've beaten the quest with the golem.

Stefan™;45773219 said:
Magic happens if you talk to an NPC at an entrance to a dungeon that's located at the southern most part of Central Shroud. ;)

Whoops. \o/

Woah, magic indeed :O Thanks guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom