• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Londa said:
That is why people have a problem with SE. They want SE to take from other MMO's and add them to their games. While SE wants make up things and only take from their past games. This is the main problem they have. (not saying I dislike this, but many do)

Why are there so many simple things in XI missing from XIV?

INVENTORY SORT being so basic it's like water.

Pietepiet

So, I was doing some Botanist leves when I spotted Goobbue chillin' around one of the spots I had to gather at for my leve. After a brave attempt to lure him away by our very own Chie, who sadly passed away as a result, I decided to get on with it and get the stuff that I needed. Taking a deep breath, I started gathering:

FFXIV_1286402372.jpg

But for reasons unknown, Goobbue left me alone. He came incredibly close, but he never made an attempt to kill me. He was just watching me chop down that tree in awe. Gentlemen, this Goobbue tried to be my friend!

FFXIV_1286402492.jpg

After I had finished my leve, Goobbue decided that he had grown tired of watching a man chopping wood, and returned to his walking around the area. We said goodbyes, and I warped back to Bearded Rock to receive my rewards.

Goodbye, Goobbue! I will never forget you!

goobbue_bff.png

Londa

Banned
demosthenes said:
Why are there so many simple things in XI missing from XIV?

INVENTORY SORT being so basic it's like water.

I see my items auto sorting. Do you want to sort your items manually? If that is the case, then yeah there is no manual sort.

Pietepiet

Londa said:
I see my items auto sorting. Do you want to sort your items manually? If that is the case, then yeah there is no manual sort.

I don't think so? Last time I checked, my equipment was all over the place in my inventory, not neatly sorted with eachother.

Londa said:

It sorts by "most recently added to your inventory" in my experience..

Londa

Banned
oh, though you mean sort as in stacking items. FFXI sort meant to stack and sort the item. I didn't really care about things being with each other so I never noticed everything all over the place.

Rentahamster said:
Yeah, that's not auto sort.

I want it to automatically organize by item type.

Yes, it's really annoying when your inventory is almost full and your equipment is scatted all over the list. Just unequipping and re-equipping equipment becomes an epic odyssey through your inventory listing.

Londa said:
oh, though you mean sort as in stacking items. FFXI sort meant to stack and sort the item. I didn't really care about things being with each other so I never noticed everything all over the place.

No, as in why is my equipment scattered all over the place. I want my weapons on the top followed by equipment followed by random supplies.

I have:

weapon
weapon
equipment
supplies
supplies
equipment
weapon
tool
tool
equipment
supplies

This drives me insane.

Rentahamster said:
Yeah, that's not auto sort.

I want it to automatically organize by item type.

Doesn't even have to do it on its own, just give me what FFXI had. That should be as easy as copying and pasting the code into XIV. If they want to add auto sort, I'd take that too XP

According to the Eorzea Clock app's leve reset timer, leves are going to reset in 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I don't think having this app on my phone is going to be healthy for me. :lol

Unknown Soldier said:
According to the Eorzea Clock app's leve reset timer, leves are going to reset in 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I don't think having this app on my phone is going to be healthy for me. :lol

Where do you live?

East coast USA?

If so...leves reset @ 8pm tonight and 8am on Friday and reset 8pm on Saturday. It's not hard to forget XP

Torquill

Ravidrath said:
Just checked, and there is no embargo on U.S. reviews.

It's entirely possible Sankaku is (surprise) entirely full of shit, or they're speaking specifically about the Japanese market.
Didn't the article say it was only a request?

Torquill

demosthenes said:
No, as in why is my equipment scattered all over the place. I want my weapons on the top followed by equipment followed by random supplies.

I have:

weapon
weapon
equipment
supplies
supplies
equipment
weapon
tool
tool
equipment
supplies

This drives me insane.

Doesn't even have to do it on its own, just give me what FFXI had. That should be as easy as copying and pasting the code into XIV. If they want to add auto sort, I'd take that too XP
No, it's not as easy as copy paste. Yes having an existing implementaion to look at does make if far easier.

hgplayer1

even if they dont put in sorting of any kind in the next update can they at least please fix it so that when Im trying to equip or unequip something, that only the items that work in that slot show up instead of the janky inventory list that bobs up and down as I scroll through it? :lol

Torquill said:
No, it's not as easy as copy paste. Yes having an existing implementaion to look at does make if far easier.

I know they literally couldn't highlight the code, copy it and paste it over, but the fact that they have it as you said make it much easier to bring it over.

Coldsnap

demosthenes said:

I have:

weapon
weapon
equipment
supplies
supplies
equipment
weapon
tool
tool
equipment
supplies

This drives me insane.

God damn dude same here, DRIVES ME INSANE

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Kagari said:
Yay. My mobo replacement is finally coming by Monday... but I missed out on two weeks of the 30 days free :(

My stuff just came yesterday, but I am locked out of Lindblum - still, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a buddy world pass system thingy like they did in FFXI - hopefully... eventually.

I'm still learning the ropes, and tonight is the first time I'll have more than 20-30min to play! 2 hours!

Effect

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy14/review.html - Score: 4.0

Don't normally let reviews sway my opinion, or at least I try not to. However having played myself I think the score and review is spot on with the problems the game has. I've spent more talk about the game on different forums this few days then actually playing it. That time has been more enjoyable. It's the UI that is really getting to me above all else at this point.

Bii

Damnit. Ran into a bug where my levequest enemies didn't appear. I was doing the "Annexing the Valley" mission at Camp Skull Valley and needed to kill two more wingrats and something else. Well, I scoured the entire area of Skull Valley and those damn enemies were nowhere to be found. Yes, I did check where they're supposed to be as highlighted on my map. It's frustrating because now I've failed this mission because the game didn't generate the enemies I needed to kill. *sigh*

adam.chance

Neo Member
Just checking to see if anyone capable of giving me a linkpearl will be on tonight (or the next few nights). I am in Gridania, but will be willing to make the trek if necessary.

Londa

Banned
demosthenes said:

I have:

weapon
weapon
equipment
supplies
supplies
equipment
weapon
tool
tool
equipment
supplies

This drives me insane.

duh, that is why I said, Oh I never cared to notice the items all over the place. Because Its not a big issue to me compared to other things that need fixing. Like for starters its a pain to chat.

FFXI doesn't run on crystal tools. I would assume there is more than just copy and paste needed to be done to fix this problem.

jiggle

weird bug happened in my LS
a few ppl lost their pearl
their names still appear in the LS list
but they just logged in pearl less
this affected sack holder too

Bii said:
Damnit. Ran into a bug where my levequest enemies didn't appear. I was doing the "Annexing the Valley" mission at Camp Skull Valley and needed to kill two more wingrats and something else. Well, I scoured the entire area of Skull Valley and those damn enemies were nowhere to be found. Yes, I did check where they're supposed to be as highlighted on my map. It's frustrating because now I've failed this mission because the game didn't generate the enemies I needed to kill. *sigh*

did you check below ground of the highlighted area?

Bii

jiggle said:
did you check below ground of the highlighted area?

There was no ground below the highlighted area. The area can be reached within 10 seconds from the camp site. At least I'm pretty sure there wasn't any. Hmm, now I gotta go check to see if there was but I'm certain there wasn't. :lol

Teknoman

As far as normal beginners stuff...alot of this stuff is pretty upfront. On the subject of anima waste...isnt that kinda obvious?

I know there are lots of things that need improving, but as far as basic game intro stuff goes, its not really that hard.

Really need chat backgrounds though.

Let me in

demosthenes said:
No, as in why is my equipment scattered all over the place. I want my weapons on the top followed by equipment followed by random supplies. *snip*
It wouldn't be as terrible to manage, either, if NPCing items wasn't a chore. It's almost like they are trying to make it hard to get rid of all of those marmot pelts and gridanian nuts. Window after window, click after click.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
One thing I'd like? A full fledged wiki - goddamn. I don't even know anything about attributes - I don't know if they are class specific, resettable, nothing. And I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Why it's good to play on a heavily populated server, even though the lag drives me insane when I'm trying to solo and kite mobs:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/24414-being-an-archer-is-stupid/

Someone was selling the rank 21 bow on his retainer in Gridania before I was even rank 17 on Lindblum. (Shout out goes to Zabian Zarant for noticing it and mentioning it to me in LS chat.) By the time I start to grow into it, someone will be selling the rank 28 bow. Yes, lag sucks on a popular server, but large populations of crafter-type people make and sell nice things. :lol

Teknoman

Kinitari said:
One thing I'd like? A full fledged wiki - goddamn. I don't even know anything about attributes - I don't know if they are class specific, resettable, nothing. And I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Check the loadstone website, or call to adventure at the aetheryte crystal.

I'll go ahead and answer though:

Not class specific, they are resettable, and there are traits you can learn that substitute certain stats for another while equipped.

Str: physical strength
Dex: physical accuracy
Vit: HP/physical defense
Int: Magic attack
Mnd: Magic defense
Piety: Magic accuracy

kiryogi

Banned
adam.chance said:
Just checking to see if anyone capable of giving me a linkpearl will be on tonight (or the next few nights). I am in Gridania, but will be willing to make the trek if necessary.
Adam I'm usually on every night around midnight pst. What's your ingame name? Mine is Eithne Rain

Freaking ridiculous.

I do 3 leves tonight, rank 20 by myself in LL.

First 2 are done easy, get like 7k gil per. The other one would pay me 40k. And of course I get d/ced during it.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Teknoman said:
Check the loadstone website, or call to adventure at the aetheryte crystal.

I'll go ahead and answer though:

Not class specific, they are resettable, and there are traits you can learn that substitute certain stats for another while equipped.

Str: physical strength
Dex: physical accuracy
Vit: HP/physical defense
Int: Magic attack
Mnd: Magic defense
Piety: Magic accuracy

Thanks for the info, now I am just trying to figure out why I am running slow motion (Not walking) :(.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Bii said:
There was no ground below the highlighted area. The area can be reached within 10 seconds from the camp site. At least I'm pretty sure there wasn't any. Hmm, now I gotta go check to see if there was but I'm certain there wasn't. :lol
That's the one where you kill a bogey too right? There's a cave entrance that leads to an. Undergroounnd tunnel.

Teknoman

Kinitari said:
Thanks for the info, now I am just trying to figure out why I am running slow motion (Not walking) :(.

That...i'm not sure.

I'll probably be back in action tomorrow night though. Forget if you made it to Lindblum, but I guess I could help you out then if so.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Teknoman said:
That...i'm not sure.

I'll probably be back in action tomorrow night though. Forget if you made it to Lindblum, but I guess I could help you out then if so.

Haha, don't worry about it - it just like.. went away eventually. Not in Lindblum, very sad :p - I'll make it eventually!

adam.chance

Neo Member
kiryogi said:
Adam I'm usually on every night around midnight pst. What's your ingame name? Mine is Eithne Rain
My character's name is, Mephesta Nymerian
I will try to stay on for a while. I appreciate the help.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I finally got to play the game! Now I have to go to bed. Honestly surprised at the clunky UI - I understand not wanting to be like every other MMO, but maybe tweaking the UI to make it a bit more accessible - just adding skills to the skill bar was supremely odd and uncomfortable.

Still, I like the graphics, I like the feel, I think I like the leve system, and I haven't even really dove into the crafting system. I guess I'll do that tomorrow, I don't have the whole day off - but I have half of a day off which is more than what I usually have :).

Okay, just bought the game and made a character on Lindblum. Any other new people wanna play? I don't really know too much yet.

Character name: Erix Cronos

jiggle

are you supposed to get a chest drop from completing faction leve "collecting seashells" also?
or just the one with fights?
i didn't see any
and talking to the NPC ended the quest :<

edit: lag inside limsa is horrid, almost couldn't finish this easiet of leve cuz stuffs were not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom