• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

centracore

Has anyone who doesn't have legacy status received a beta key? Just curious if I'm already out of the running for phase 1 or not.

Allard

Guys I'd be careful about giving your codes to other individuals. I don't know if they have a means to track it electronically or if they have to catch you red handed bragging about it on the forums but there is a segment in your email that says if you are caught transferring or selling the code to another person it will result in the cancellation of beta testing and suspension of your Final Fantasy XIV account.

dwix

Has anyone who doesn't have legacy status received a beta key? Just curious if I'm already out of the running for phase 1 or not.

Checking around online, it appears that there have been non-legacy members receiving beta keys... Hope I become one of them :p

Sin

I am a Legacy member and I didn't get the Beta email. :/

My email is registered, I checked several times to make sure it was the right one. I get regular mail from SE but I also never got my Alpha invite email. I had to check my service options to see that I was invited to the Alpha.

Am I the only Legacy member here who didn't get anything?

Nakazato

My email is registered, I checked several times to make sure it was the right one. I get regular mail from SE but I also never got my Alpha invite email. I had to check my service options to see that I was invited to the Alpha.

Check spam?

Some other people have reported having trouble receiving their beta emails due to having their email service through Comcast. If that's you, you may want to call them up and ask them.

Did your Alpha invite come through okay (assuming you got one)?

Sin

I did check my spam folder of course, but there is nothing.

And no, I never received my Alpha invite email either, I got to know I had access from checking my service options on my SE account page, but I do get regular emails from SE.

No idea what's up. :/

Edit: Not a Comcast user either. I am from the EU.

Ravidrath

We'd need this code for future phases, right?

Not that interested in anything before Phase 3, so maybe could give mine to someone now so I can have theirs later?

Forbiden

We'd need this code for future phases, right?

Not that interested in anything before Phase 3, so maybe could give mine to someone now so I can have theirs later?

It may work the same way as the Alpha, where you register your code now and it allows access to your SE account for all phases.

Jijidasu

Wonder if the media interviews and so on will go up after midnight JST. 2ch people are convinced the embargo ends on the 21st of February JST. Would be lovely to have some reading material before the PS meeting in the morning.

dwix

And no, I never received my Alpha invite email either, I got to know I had access from checking my service options on my SE account page, but I do get regular emails from SE.

Just saw this posted on the official forums with regards to Legacy members not getting invites: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-having-Legacy?p=970093&viewfull=1#post970093

Bayohne said:
Greetings,

We'd like to assist anyone that is potentially affected by this issue. If you are a Legacy member that has not received their Beta Test email, please create a ticket using this link: FFXIV: ARR Support Center Site.

Then fill out the fields using the following information:
  • Contact Category: Product & Services
  • Contact Sub Category: Beta Test
  • Contact Details: Blocked Beta Test Invite

Click "Next" to proceed to "Email Support". In the Detailed Condition field, simply provide only the following:
  • Registered Email Address (if different than what was entered in Contact Email Address field)
  • Registered Date of Birth on Square Enix Account

Our agents will then review your ticket and Square Enix account information and if you are confirmed a beta recipient, we will reply with your Beta Test key and instructions on how to register it.

Xux

I didn't get one either even though I did get the Alpha e-mail and the Feb. 1st newsletter.

Did the customer service thing; hope it works. :(

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

SE don't like you :/

Munba

Wonder if the media interviews and so on will go up after midnight JST. 2ch people are convinced the embargo ends on the 21st of February JST. Would be lovely to have some reading material before the PS meeting in the morning.

It's only a coincidence (the same date of ps4 announcement)? Mmhh..

Munba

Famitsu seems out somewhere... Limsa sea is so nice now. And the city seems to have some santorini-alike (white buildings and stuff) vibe finally. Love it. :0

Jijidasu

Wow. Those are PS3 screen shots and it looks unbelievably good. The beautiful ocean around Limsa, proper lighting. Macro detail galore.

That'll do Yoshida, that'll do.

Allard

Man the new Ul'Dah and Limsa are really making good use of the new lighting engine, even more so then Gridania despite the overhanging foliage. The new overhanging banners that give real time shadows in the revitalized market area of Ul'Dah, the shimmering water and the reflecting geometry shadows from the dock in Limsa is all gorgeous. I already planned to make Limsa my new home before those pictures but now I really want to see how it all comes together.

Mature

Man the new Ul'Dah and Limsa are really making good use of the new lighting engine, even more so then Gridania despite the overhanging foliage. The new overhanging banners that give real time shadows in the revitalized market area of Ul'Dah, the shimmering water and the reflecting geometry shadows from the dock in Limsa is all gorgeous. I already planned to make Limsa my new home before those pictures but now I really want to see how it all comes together.
It also helps that people are pretty tired of seeing so much Gridania.

Allard

It also helps that people are pretty tired of seeing so much Gridania.

Part of Gridania's problem is that its nothing but forest, even though each zone is technically different and has its own 'feel', its still a forest, very little wide open areas, and most of the good stuff that might give its true 'feel' looks like it will come from night time (with the lanterns and stuff dynamically lighting up the area). I am actually really looking forward to the full time cycle getting implemented the most for beta, the constant day time in alpha reminded me of one of the biggest issues I had with SWTOR, no matter what time of the day you come on nothing changes about the zone you are in, it felt so static and artificial. A working hour long day cycle with changes in lighting as you stay in the zone should do wonders with my enjoyment factor in Gridania this time around.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Famitsu seems out somewhere... Limsa sea is so nice now. And the city seems to have some santorini-alike (white buildings and stuff) vibe finally. Love it. :0

Pm link please :)

Jinko

Looks ok, hard to tell from those poor quality pics though, Grid will remain my home.

Gromph they are on the Beta forums.

The art for the female Highlander looks great.

Allard

Also got to mention one other thing, looks like 'certain' hair styles from FFXI are making a comeback into the game, specifically a certain tarutaru style that is on one of the lalafell XD. Return of the Onion Heads!

Jinko

Also got to mention one other thing, looks like 'certain' hair styles from FFXI are making a comeback into the game, specifically a certain tarutaru style that is on one of the lalafell XD. Return of the Onion Heads!

Head like a hazelnut.

ebil

Female Roegadyn and Highlander look amazing. They did such a good job making them look strong, yet feminine. Roe especially look badass I think.

Also, refreshing to see some Ul'dah and Limsa.

Cetra

Holy bejeesus, that Miqote Sunwalker art is exactly my character! Kinda awesome, lol.

It's looking fantastic, I can't wait to see this in hi-res. FemGalka look pretty damned awesome if I do say so myself. If they're animations and such are good I may just race swap come release. :O

Ravidrath

Huh, that's unexpected - Roegadyn seem to have gotten a regional variant now, "Zeyvolfs?"

Unlike the others, though, they don't list them as two types of Roegadyns, but more like two different races.

ebil

Huh, that's unexpected - Roegadyn seem to have gotten a regional variant now, "Zeyvolfs?"

Unlike the others, though, they don't list them as two types of Roegadyns, but more like two different races.

Wasn't it always 'seawolf' and 'hellsguard', though? I don't know about their Japanese counterparts, I'll do some digging.

EDIT: yeah, it has always been this way actually. Zehwolf / Seawolf and Lohengarde / Hellsguard. http://chrysaliswiki.com/encyclopedia:roegadyn VS http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Roegadyn

Ravidrath

Wasn't it always 'seawolf' and 'hellsguard', though? I don't know about their Japanese counterparts, I'll do some digging.

Oh, hmm, I guess I just completely forgot about that?

Here they're called "Zeyvulf" and "Rowengalde." I guess they just changed the English names.

ebil

Oh, hmm, I guess I just completely forgot about that?

Here they're called "Zeyvulf" and "Rowengalde." I guess they just changed the English names.

Yeah, seems that way. The Japanese names didn't seem to make much sense compared to the other, more straightforward racial naming conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom