• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkeis

I had some time to fire it up on the PS4 last night...I really need a keyboard. I'm so use to playing on the PC so this will take some getting use to.

Hedrush

You can save a character's looks by going into character creation and saving the template at the end. When you go to use the Fantasia Potion, you can then use the saved template.

Just a heads up so you can start making your character just the way you want it now, rather then at the end of the month. It actually took me quite a few revisions before I was satisfied with my character lol.

Cheers for that tip Clipse, I didn't know that you could do that. I know what I'll be doing tonight now then for a few hours, possibly more.

btkadams

Can a different user take my disc, install the game on their PS3 and still get a 30 day free trial, or do you have to have purchased the disc?

discs come with a registration code. he could install the game but he wouldn't have it registered to his account and would be unable to play.

dubq

Srsly guys, I just want to go home and play this now. I got to level 10 last night before I decided to turn in for bed (and work in the AM). Hoping I can get to 20 soon so I can use my CE mounts. :)

WolvenOne

So.

I'm working on the third Zodiac book right now. I've gotta say, I've actually been enjoying this aspect of the upgrade path quite a lot.

Except, for the Myth grind. Bray speedruns aren't too bad, even if they are a bit repetitive, but at 50 Tomes per run, I'd need 30 of those speed runs per book. I'm perfectly willing to do a handfull of speedruns to put me over the top, but there's no way I'm running thirty of those every two days, which is what I'd need to do if I wanted to go through those books with minimal pause.

Kinda wish they'd increase the Myth drop rate for CT to 150-200 Tomes. It still wouldn't be as fast as doing Bray speedruns, but it'd start coming close in terms of time/value, and would probably increase the number of "good," players doing CT.

Between that, Bray, HLDR, and MSDR, I'd be able to collect the neccesary Tomes fairly quickly (3-4 days,) without having to repeat the same content too frequently.

Or, they could just, lower the price of the blasted books, I guess. XD

Cloudy

Banned
I did the upgrade and got a code from Square that I didn't need since I had the beta. Can someone else register my "used" ps3 version or a ps4 version with that code?

Sophia

Can a different user take my disc, install the game on their PS3 and still get a 30 day free trial, or do you have to have purchased the disc?

No, they cannot. The disc is merely for installing the game and nothing more.

I did the upgrade and got a code from Square that I didn't need since I had the beta. Can someone else register my "used" ps3 version or a ps4 version with that code?

No, they cannot. The code is merely a download token and nothing more.

JLeack

Banned
I just came back after a 5 month break. I'm a PLD with ilvl 62 (inadequate). Any tips for gearing up without committing to raid schedules?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Look through your quest log. What was the LAST main quest you completed?

borghe said:
whoever you turned in your last main quest to should have given you the next quest. I've done this a few times.. Turn in a quest and the "Quest Completed!!!" notification is laid over the quest giver and I take off without realizing I didn't take the followup quest.

Kind of wish they'd do it like WoW, where turning in the quest auto-pops the window for the next quest.

anyway yeah, look at your last quest completed and go to that NPC and they should have a shiny new main storyline quest for you.

Well shit, I bet that's it then! No idea how I missed it, but will def do what you guys say. All I know is my quest log is empty and I've done everything in Drybone that I can find. I wanna say the last thing I did was the envoy thing to the 3 cities, and the dinner with the queen (not sure which came first). I'll check my completed quests tonight, thanks!

WolvenOne

I just came back after a 5 month break. I'm a PLD with ilvl 62 (inadequate). Any tips for gearing up without committing to raid schedules?

Crystal Tower for ilvl80 armor drops, and Myth Tomes, and Daily Roulette for collecting Soldiery Tomes. Myth Tomes can be exchanged for ilvl90 armor, and Soldiery Tomes can be exchanged for ilvl100 armor.

After a little more gearing, learn how to do Bahamuts Binding Coil, at least Turn 1. Ilvl90 armor drops there, and a lot of the Tank armor drops in Turn 1 to boot.

Psyclone

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Has the size of the text been fixed? Is it any bigger than the initial beta release? As that was illegible!

WolvenOne

BTW, speaking of Crystal Tower, what do people want to drop there when they open up the next floor in 2.3?

I'm kinda torn between, ilvl110 accessories, ilvl105 weapons, though I am fairly certain that I want to see Sand/Oils of Time and Unidentified Allagan Tomestones as rare drops for CT-2.

I, guess the accessory drops might be mitigated by whatever new Primals they introduce. They've gotta drop some new ilvl110 accessories somewhere though, especially for Tanks. :p

Sophia

BTW, speaking of Crystal Tower, what do people want to drop there when they open up the next floor in 2.3?

I'm kinda torn between, ilvl110 accessories, ilvl105 weapons, though I am fairy certain that I want to see Sand/Oils of Time and Unidentified Allagan Tomestones as rare drops for CT-2.

I, guess the accessory drops might be mitigated by whatever new Primals they introduce. They've gotta drop some new ilvl110 accessories somewhere though, especially for Tanks. :p

I basically want to see everything but weapons. Ideally accessories because they always seem to be the hardest to upgrade.

Of course I want to see a better distribution of loot and a better raid interface to go with that too. :p

dubq

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Has the size of the text been fixed? Is it any bigger than the initial beta release? As that was illegible!

I haven't played since Beta 1 on PS4, but if feels larger to me.. that being said, you can adjust all text sizes now except for dialogue (or if you can, I haven't figured it out).

WolvenOne

I basically want to see everything but weapons. Ideally accessories because they always seem to be the hardest to upgrade.

Of course I want to see a better distribution of loot and a better raid interface to go with that too. :p

Well it seems like it'd be a bit redundant to drop armor again, like they did in the basement floor, since un-upgraded Soldiery is ilvl100 already.

Then again though, I suppose it'd be another upgrade path, so I wouldn't put it past Square entirely. I'd rather have accessories as well, but that is in part because I find so many of the Soldiery/High Allagan fending accessories to be, less than ideal. :p

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
so if I buy a retail ps3 copy, I can digitally download the ps4 version no issues?

Anybody can download the PS4 version. Playing it is another story.
To play it you need a PS4 account activated with Square Enix.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this:
* Buy a PS4 version and register it
* Buy a PS3 version, install it on a PS3, Register it with a PS3, then transfer it to the PS4 version.

If you don't have a PS3, then suck it up and buy the game for the platform you intend to play on.

Coil 2 isn't supposed to be easy.
You are supposed to itemize for coil 2, so pay attention to soldiery spend and gear goals.
Yeah, but that's what I mean by hard. Basically nothing at ilvl100 for BLM has accuracy in it. So I either buy food or use lower ilvl stuff, but I'm not sure how good using lower lvl stuff would be.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah, but that's what I mean by hard. Basically nothing at ilvl100 for BLM has accuracy in it. So I either buy food or use lower ilvl stuff, but I'm not sure how good using lower lvl stuff would be.

You don't need higher level stuff until T8 when the hard DPS checks come in.
i90 is fine as long as you are good at being a BLM.

If somebody is in the 2nd coil without food, they are doing it wrong.
I would go as far as to boot (or not invite to static) somebody if they weren't using food for progression content.

WolvenOne

Besides, if they're doing another upgraded armor path for 2.3, I'd just assume it be Genji armor, via Gilgamesh Extreme (or Hard Mode, if they aren't going to be skipping it like they did for Leviathan.)

Just, drop Genji tokens or something that you can collect and exchange for the armor, or something like that. Say, 6-8 Tokens for a Main Bodypiece, 4-6 Tokens for a smaller body-piece (head, arms, etc.)

If two Tokens are dropped per fight, and eight people are rolling for it, you'll have to farm the fight quite a bit to go full Genji, even if absolutely nothing else drops.

EDIT Did the math. Assuming you need 28 Tokens to go to a full Genji set, If you were astonishingly lucky and got both tokens every time you rolled, you'd only need to clear Gilgamesh Extreme 14 times. More realistically, assuming you're farming it with a static, and you're trying to get everyone a full Genji armor set, and nobody rolled for Tokens once they had enough for a full set, it'd take roughly 112 runs.

Granted, I'm including the belt in this equation, and a lot of people won't be interested in that.

Also, not certain why I'm wasting so much mental energy on this, seeing as it's extremely unlikely Square will handle the eventual Genji set this way. XD

When should I start thinking about armour sets? I am level 29 now and will be a Bard at level 30. Is there a job armour set that I can start looking for this soon?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
When should I start thinking about armour sets? I am level 29 now and will be a Bard at level 30. Is there a job armour set that I can start looking for this soon?

Play with whatever drops until lvl 50. Once you get there, you can start itemizing.

Thinking about picking up the game for the first time for PS4. I have a question; I'd love to play a support role that is not a healer, what's the best option for me, BRD?

Vashetti

Banned
Damn, tried to sign in and it appears my time has run out.

I only did the PS3 to PS4 upgrade and got some time with that. Anyone else had the same experience?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Gosh I wish I knew someone with a ps3 so I can register my stupid PSN account to my square Enix account so I can transfer over to ps4. I wonder if calling their customer support if they could just do it. Though I'm reminded back to ffxi days with being on hold for hours for a clueless rep. Playonline....*shudders*
Don't know how you feel about sharing your info with a total stranger, but I can help you link the accounts if you want. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Interfectum

In terms of end game story content, are all the story related dungeons available via Duty Finder or is some locked behind having to manually team up with people for raiding?

Sophia

In terms of end game story content, are all the story related dungeons available via Duty Finder or is some locked behind having to manually team up with people for raiding?

All main story content can be done through the duty finder. The only thing that has to be manually done is the Second Coil of Bahamut, which is a decent sidestory itself, but intended for more experienced static groups.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

If you don't manually team up, you won't finish the dungeons for the end-game story.
That is, until the next 2 patches when they nerf the shit out of it.

Being an MMO, you are going to have to make some friends. It's a rough life.

WolvenOne

Everything but Bahamuts Second Coil are available via the Duty Finder. That said, there's a lot of content that is more ideal to tackle with a static raid group then with Pugs, especially the first few times you do them.

Titan Extreme, I'm looking at you! XD

Valnen

All main story content can be done through the duty finder. The only thing that has to be manually done is the Second Coil of Bahamut, which is a decent sidestory itself, but intended for more experienced static groups.

And all that will be more accessible some day anyway. The implementation of the echo system shows they want everyone to experience the content eventually.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And all that will be more accessible some day anyway. The implementation of the echo system shows they want everyone to experience the content eventually.

Yep. I was pretty shocked to have one-shot Turn 4 in duty finder with complete strangers after struggling with it back in October.

Yep. I was pretty shocked to have one-shot Turn 4 in duty finder with complete strangers after struggling with it back in October.

There's experienced folks farming it in the DF now, and that 10% buff helps a lot.

That said, I've also seen some real trainwrecks. Like the offtank standing IN FRONT of the phase 3 dreadnought needlessly.
emot-sigh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom