• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

You'd have problems with end game for sure if you're not willing to do any research.

To be fair, if he was still willing to ask for any pointers (if he is the only fresh party member), he could probably do ok?

I mean I haven't watched a video or read a guide yet, and we cut down Garuda EX the other day (took a couple tries to get back familiar with the fight). Not knocking people who watch guides, but sometimes its just best to get your hands dirty. People who tackled new content first didnt have any guides to go by, and they rolled through just fine (granted after a couple tries).

That being said, you will have to read the tutorial pop ups and quest info.

It seems I don't know how to use my class lol.
I just keep attacking and I don't use flash at all. XD

There are SO MANY things I don't understand. XD
I'm in Ragnarok, so I think if I want to join in the GAF FC I'll have to be in Ultros. >_>

BRD? What do you mean?:3
Edit: OK that's a class. :p

I want to become a Paladin later, is it good? :3

Yes. /biased

As a Gladiator, use flash to gain aggro. You'll still want to rotate through your weapon skill combos to do abit of damage and keep aggro, but cycle a flash in there every so often.

Dead

well not really...yet
Got to level 10. Have to say the game is really easy to get into and looks pretty as hell on ps4.

Rckstar

I've read that i can reduce the GCD... what kinda difference can i expect between lvl 45 and endgame gear? Combat just feels so slow with 2.5 sec...

Ken

I've read that i can reduce the GCD... what kinda difference can i expect between lvl 45 and endgame gear? Combat just feels so slow with 2.5 sec...

i think you can by stacking skill speed but it takes a huge amount before you get any noticeable gains from it so it's usually a pretty terrible stat for those that have it on gear.

the combat is pretty fast once you start getting abilities (that you can weave in between GCDs) or if you're a monk and have greased lightning III

Qvoth

skill speed or spell speed, depending on your classes
i think there's a limit on how low they can go though, don't think anyone's managed to reach it yet

Man it won't let log on to Mogstation, so I try forgot password and when I put my email in it says
"the characters you entered didn't match the word verification"

WTF.

Rckstar

i think you can by stacking skill speed but it takes a huge amount before you get any noticeable gains from it so it's usually a pretty terrible stat for those that have it on gear.

the combat is pretty fast once you start getting abilities (that you can weave in between GCDs) or if you're a monk and have greased lightning III

i hope so ... opening with the wrong skill and watching all mobs run before i can cast some aoe is depressing as a tank xD

danthefan

How is the end game content in this now? Is there much to keep you busy once you hit the max level?

Also, with regards to crafting, I'm a lv.18 conjurer, should I be focusing on any crafting/gathering skills yet or just keep on playing as the conjurer for the moment?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You should focus on Turns 2 and 4, the gear that drops there is great for mages.
Yeah, but the queue for turn 1 is much shorter than for the rest of them, plus I want to fill all my slots with ilvl 90+ items anyway.
This is what I currently have.

How is the end game content in this now? Is there much to keep you busy once you hit the max level?

Also, with regards to crafting, I'm a lv.18 conjurer, should I be focusing on any crafting/gathering skills yet or just keep on playing as the conjurer for the moment?

You can do gathering or crafting but it's gonna get costly. Well crafting can be, gathering is rather simple to do.

Damn you, Ifrit! All that effort to get other members of the FC to help me take him on for the first time and that fucker manages to KO me near the end (before I get to even use the limit break no less). That bastard will pay next time, and I will survive to the very end.

Story-wise, I just visited all remembrance ceremonies and have to decide which Grand Company to join. What do you guys think? Or does it not really matter which Company I join first?

IMBored

Another day, another change for me to get sidetracked from the main quest. Managed to unlock Brayflox, but didn't get to run it as I was to busy gathering and crafting. I think I need to hire a second retainer, my inv space is getting thin. Regarding low level gear, should it be converted to materia asap, or is there any other use for them?

Story-wise, I just visited all remembrance ceremonies and have to decide which Grand Company to join. What do you guys think? Or does it not really matter which Company I join first?

Doesn't really matter, as you can change latter and all that's different between them are basically color schemes and the main office, so choose accordingly.

N.A

Banned
Another day, another change for me to get sidetracked from the main quest. Managed to unlock Brayflox, but didn't get to run it as I was to busy gathering and crafting. I think I need to hire a second retainer, my inv space is getting thin. Regarding low level gear, should it be converted to materia asap, or is there any other use for them?

Any unique (pink/green) items can be traded into your grand company for seals.

jiggle

Also, with regards to crafting, I'm a lv.18 conjurer, should I be focusing on any crafting/gathering skills yet or just keep on playing as the conjurer for the moment
Lots of endgame content
Get to lv50 first IMO

Are there any major differences between the Grand Companies? Having a hard time choosing :/

the difference is really minor
you can switch GC also

Doesn't really matter, as you can change latter and all that's different between them are basically color schemes and the main office, so choose accordingly.

Either save it for other jobs or convert it into materia. Except for crafting and gathering materia, most of the low level materia doesn't sell for much.

IMBored

Any unique (pink/green) items can be traded into your grand company for seals.

Didn't know this, that's great.

Either save it for other jobs or convert it into materia. Except for crafting and gathering materia, most of the low level materia doesn't sell for much.

Thanks, I'll save what can be useful and covert the rest, not sure I'll try to sell them just yet, so far I've only sold low level 0% spirit bond equipment for cheap to make space.

SRTtoZ

I'm gonna try and talk my friend into getting this on PS4 since he's looking for something to play and I already own this on PC. I haven't tried any of the new content since I only played the first few months (have a 50 BLM with relic and DL gear). Really looking forward to coming back to Ultros and joining up and helping out some of you PS4ers. I REALLY want to make a tank or a healer though!

Semper88

Am i the only one that has trouble with targeting?

i'm playing a tank and catching mobs that are spreaded out is proving difficult.

not that it can't be done in anyway but it's a hassle sometimes.

IMBored

i'm playing a tank and catching mobs that are spreaded out is proving difficult.

On a controller? Don't forget you can use L1+up/down to cycle trought the enmity list.

Cloudy

Banned

Are you using the target arrows on your hot bar?

Z3M0G

How do I resize windows using the PS4 touchpad? If I tap it clicks, but I can't seem to drag.

Double tap and hold. Got it figured :)

I'd suggest disabling that, and using the mouse you control with Right Stick instead... which you activate by holding L1 and clicking R3. Much more usable.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So does up/down without L1 cycle through party members? It seems to, at least that's what I've been doing to heal. And have gotten tons of commendations for it.

Jacobbles

Got to level 15 as a Gladiator and did my first dungeon as a tank. I think I did okay (nobody ever came anywhere close to dying), but this one archer kept taking aggro from me and sometimes it was hard to get it back. Hopefully I can get the hang of tanking soon.

Semper88

Got to level 15 as a Gladiator and did my first dungeon as a tank. I think I did okay (nobody ever came anywhere close to dying), but this one archer kept taking aggro from me and sometimes it was hard to get it back. Hopefully I can get the hang of tanking soon.

Nothing to worry about, had that too with my warrior at lvl 15. Once you lvl up you get better enmity attacks and you'll be fine :)

I'm further in 35ish and tanking isn't a enmity problem. Just mark the target you want to kill first. Saves alot of hassle.

How do I fuse materia to my weapons/armor?

I think I skipped over that tutorial.

You have to have a level 20 crafter and do a quest near Black Brush Station in Thanalan. Then you need to be on the job that made the item and have some carbonized material. The higher the gear level, the higher grade of carbonized material that you need.

It's pretty hard to keep aggro from archers in early dungeons if the archer does proper rotations. Don't worry too much about it, eventually you'll get the hang of it and more skills to control hate with.

Varth

:sigh: I already have a character and downloaded the client during PS4 early access phase. Account is now inactive.

Just got a phisical promo complete with 30 days trial. Code on the promo sleeve, from the PS Store gives me of course both game and month. If I erase old PS4 client and redownload it by redeeming the promo code, I can continue playing with my old character and account, right? Or is the 30 day trial limited to new accounts?

Interfectum

I'm starting to really like the story. It feels like I'm playing a Final Fantasy game but instead of NPCs running around it's other players. Kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy 12.

IMBored

So does up/down without L1 cycle through party members? It seems to, at least that's what I've been doing to heal. And have gotten tons of commendations for it.

Yep, up/down without L1 moves trought the party list. Also, I can't take the credit for the L1+arrows method, I too was given this tip by someone on the beta thread.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Alright, so I was all excited to get level 20 and ride my fat chocobo... only when I got level 20 I didn't get a quest to ride mounts. Ok, so I go do my level 20 class quest... nothing. I read up on it, see I need to join one of the three Grand Companies. However, none of them are giving me a quest to do so. My next class quest isn't until 25 of course.

Does this mean I have to wait until 25 and finishing my next class quest before I get the questline to join a GC? Just making sure I'm not missing something here...

So I finally got the warrior job last night.

So for dungeons and other party related stuff, Defiance seems like the way to go, but for solo stuff I'm not sure.

Last night I did a quest where I had to use an item on one of those huge lvl 31 Marlboro thingies, but completely forgot I was doing it so I never used said item. Needless to say the battle was long and hard (I'd been massacred before as a Marauder) and I think Defiance saved my ass, but then again it would have gone faster if I didn't have it on, so I'm not sure. Does the infuriate crit bonus make up for the 20% damage loss? Or should I just keep it for dungeons?

Or maybe should I just keep using a Marauder since it has more cross skill slots? Are there any cross skills that are absolutely critical that only the Marauder can get?

Alright, so I was all excited to get level 20 and ride my fat chocobo... only when I got level 20 I didn't get a quest to ride mounts. Ok, so I go do my level 20 class quest... nothing. I read up on it, see I need to join one of the three Grand Companies. However, none of them are giving me a quest to do so. My next class quest isn't until 25 of course.

Does this mean I have to wait until 25 and finishing my next class quest before I get the questline to join a GC? Just making sure I'm not missing something here...

You need to do the story quests. It's a little while after the first primal fight, which is a little after you get your retainers.

IMBored

Not class quests, you have to progress trough main quests. Be aware that even after joining a GC you have to get enough seals to buy the chocobo license.

How long does it take to get a Chocobo?

Depends on how you play, about 15 hours for me, not rushing.

So I finally got the warrior job last night.

So for dungeons and other party related stuff, Defiance seems like the way to go, but for solo stuff I'm not sure.

Last night I did a quest where I had to use an item on one of those huge lvl 31 Marlboro thingies, but completely forgot I was doing it so I never used said item. Needless to say the battle was long and hard (I'd been massacred before as a Marauder) and I think Defiance saved my ass, but then again it would have gone faster if I didn't have it on, so I'm not sure. Does the infuriate crit bonus make up for the 20% damage loss? Or should I just keep it for dungeons?

Or maybe should I just keep using a Marauder since it has more cross skill slots? Are there any cross skills that are absolutely critical that only the Marauder can get?

You need to do the story quests. It's a little while after the first primal fight, which is a little after you get your retainers.

If you'd used the item, the Marlboro would have fallen like a normal mob of that level. As long as you avoid Bad Breath and use the item the enemy itself is a doddle. I remember that though because I struggled to use the item before getting hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom