• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper88

From level 1? It's taken my quite a while. I expect to get it today (I need 2000 seals, got 1200 now). I've been playing since Saturday morning, but I put quite a few hours...

Just do the GC Leves with +4 lvl. You'll end up having 200+ seals for each Leve. A leve takes about 5 to 10 mins to compleet :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If you have picked up a crafting job, you can also turn in items at the GC HQ, for XP and seals.

dramatis

:sigh: I already have a character and downloaded the client during PS4 early access phase. Account is now inactive.

Just got a phisical promo complete with 30 days trial. Code on the promo sleeve, from the PS Store gives me of course both game and month. If I erase old PS4 client and redownload it by redeeming the promo code, I can continue playing with my old character and account, right? Or is the 30 day trial limited to new accounts?
If the 'promo' is the actual game, it doesn't matter what account you use, you will get 30 days out of it as long as it's not a repeat code of a game you already have (aka if you have PC version and used up 30 days on PC already, then you can't enter another PC code and get 30 days). You might not even need to redownload the client.

Mik2121

Just do the GC Leves with +4 lvl. You'll end up having 200+ seals for each Leve. A leve takes about 5 to 10 mins to compleet :)

I'm level 22 right now, if I do those leves with +4 the enemies will be about lvl 24 or so. For a few of the leves, that might be ok, but for ones like the summoner one (the guy that keeps summoning shit until you kill him)... that'd destroy me (I'm an archer).

Semper88

I'm level 22 right now, if I do those leves with +4 the enemies will be about lvl 24 or so. For a few of the leves, that might be ok, but for ones like the summoner one (the guy that keeps summoning shit until you kill him)... that'd destroy me (I'm an archer).

Its the fastest way, if you get the summoner just downgrade the leve. I'm playing a warrior, pretty easy to do higher lvl stuff. you are more squishy i guess :)

If you'd used the item, the Marlboro would have fallen like a normal mob of that level. As long as you avoid Bad Breath and use the item the enemy itself is a doddle. I remember that though because I struggled to use the item before getting hit.

I meant the fight might have gone faster had I not kept Defiance on or I would have died I don't know. Even avoiding bad breath the thing still hits pretty hard.

After I finished the quest I think I lost the item (even though I never used it). So should I want to kill another of these things I'm looking at a tough fight then right?

Really loving this game. Currently a level 23 TMG.

I downloaded the first Beta on my PS4, and played the second beta as well. I ordered the game on Amazon.com so that they would email me a code to play early the weekend before the game released. My question is that I have no trophy list? Amazon also shipped me a physical copy, but I've not even opened it, since I've just been playing off my Beta 2 download after putting in my early access code. How do I get the trophy list to show up; do I need to install the physical disk? Also, since I don't seem to need the physical disk to play, does that mean I essentially have two copies of the game - I assume there is a code inside the sleeve.

Varth

If the 'promo' is the actual game, it doesn't matter what account you use, you will get 30 days out of it as long as it's not a repeat code of a game you already have (aka if you have PC version and used up 30 days on PC already, then you can't enter another PC code and get 30 days). You might not even need to redownload the client.

Right now I'm like this. Always used time cards to renew.
av5ItXA.jpg
Strangely enough the PS4 version I downloaded from PS4 doesn't show up. Still asks me if I want to upgrade.

Redeeming code on PSN gives me:
EDIT: says blabla Standard Edition, includes 30 day trial

So I guess if I redeem the code, download the client and login with the square enix account, I'll play with my usual character on PS4, and still be able to play on PS3, since I didn't upgrade, right?

Semper88

I meant the fight might have gone faster had I not kept Defiance on or I would have died I don't know. Even avoiding bad breath the thing still hits pretty hard.

After I finished the quest I think I lost the item (even though I never used it). So should I want to kill another of these things I'm looking at a tough fight then right?

Can't remember the source but it stated on the ff14 forums that when soloing with warrior you'll be in normal stance and not in defiance.

with the exeption that when you are going to AOE a group that you switch to defiance for steel cyclone.

the 20% dmg reduction is a big sacrifice in soloing.

dramatis

Really loving this game. Currently a level 23 TMG.

I downloaded the first Beta on my PS4, and played the second beta as well. I ordered the game on Amazon.com so that they would email me a code to play early the weekend before the game released. My question is that I have no trophy list? Amazon also shipped me a physical copy, but I've not even opened it, since I've just been playing off my Beta 2 download after putting in my early access code. How do I get the trophy list to show up; do I need to install the physical disk? Also, since I don't seem to need the physical disk to play, does that mean I essentially have two copies of the game - I assume there is a code inside the sleeve.
Once early access is over, you will have to input the game code. You can currently play without the game code because early access is ongoing.

Right now I'm like this. Always used time cards to renew.

Strangely enough the PS4 version I downloaded from PS4 doesn't show up. Still asks me if I want to upgrade.

Redeeming code on PSN gives me:

EDIT: says blabla Standard Edition, includes 30 day trial

So I guess if I redeem the code, download the client and login with the square enix account, I'll play with my usual character on PS4, and still be able to play on PS3, since I didn't upgrade, right?
If you have a PS3 version, and purchased a PS4 version separately, while entering the code for PS4 version without upgrading your PS3 version, then yes, you can play on both.

Hasney

Once I've upgraded to a PS4 version, I can add another PS3 version, right? Just noticed a PS3 physical copy of FF XIV going cheaper than a 30 day time card, so I may snap it up.

Can't remember the source but it stated on the ff14 forums that when soloing with warrior you'll be in normal stance and not in defiance.

with the exeption that when you are going to AOE a group that you switch to defiance for steel cyclone.

the 20% dmg reduction is a big sacrifice in soloing.

I was thinking the same. Actually I think it's 25%. Though it is nice going from ~1400 HP as a Marauder to ~1600 as a Warrior and then ~2000 with Defiance. But for soloing I'll keep it off. I guess Infuriate isn't that good (at least until I get more skills to exploit it).

Will probably turn it on for some hard FATES though.

IMBored

I'm not liking my character much. If I create a new one will I need to apply for the GAF FC again?

What are you not liking? If it's just the class, just change it, although you won't have the main story quests to do, you'll get the armory bonus and there's low level quests all over the place to get exp. If not, remember that you with the standard sub you can only have one character on the world, so you'll have to delete your current one altogether.

Gaz_RB

I think the fastest way to get your Chocobo after you join a Grand Company is to do the Grand Company hunting log, not leves. I did it in just a few minutes because you get a ton of seals for certain monsters.

Lonestar

Hedrush

What are you not liking? If it's just the class, just change it, although you won't have the main story quests to do, you'll get the armory bonus and there's low level quests all over the place to get exp. If not, remember that you with the standard sub you can only have one character on the world, so you'll have to delete your current one altogether.

If it's class, change it.
If' it's the look, you can change the hair and makeup within the game, or subscribe and at the end of the 1st month, you get a 1 time only potion, that you can use to entirely change your character (say Lala to Human as an example)
If it's your name, well, yeah, you'll have to create a new character.

Cheers folks. Its silly I know but it's more just the look of my character. When I setup her up in the beta I didn't realise she would carry over to the full game so I just set her up with a quick few presses of the X button, I put no thought into her design at all. I'll carry on then and change her at end of the month.

Thanks again for the info.

jiggle

resubscribing :(
was only planning to play in beta(&early access) and get out
but the two extra days they gave out finally got me hooked again...
that's not good

Clipse

Cheers folks. Its silly I know but it's more just the look of my character. When I setup her up in the beta I didn't realise she would carry over to the full game so I just set her up with a quick few presses of the X button, I put no thought into her design at all. I'll carry on then and change her at end of the month.

Thanks again for the info.
You can save a character's looks by going into character creation and saving the template at the end. When you go to use the Fantasia Potion, you can then use the saved template.

Just a heads up so you can start making your character just the way you want it now, rather then at the end of the month. It actually took me quite a few revisions before I was satisfied with my character lol.

Lonestar

Yeah, I'm ok with what I made the 1st time, as it's a recreation of my old XI character (but with grey hair, it's been a few years). But, it's tempting to try something else. But it's a one time only deal...

Femto.

I picked up this game in December on PC when SE had a sale on it to check it out and fairly enjoyed the free month. Never resubbed because of Guild Wars 2. Heh.

When the PS4 CE was up for pre order I went for it. Only because I'm interested to see how a MMO fairs on console and wanted the CE goodies.

However, I was wondering if I could use the same SE account on my PS4 that I used on PC??

Gosh I wish I knew someone with a ps3 so I can register my stupid PSN account to my square Enix account so I can transfer over to ps4. I wonder if calling their customer support if they could just do it. Though I'm reminded back to ffxi days with being on hold for hours for a clueless rep. Playonline....*shudders*

Jomjom

Banned
Has anyone tried to register a game to their account when they already had the maximum subscription time (180 days)? I know Mogstation wont let you enter any more time cards or pay for more time, but im wondering if I'll still get my free 30 days if i register my PS3 copy.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Not class quests, you have to progress trough main quests. Be aware that even after joining a GC you have to get enough seals to buy the chocobo license.

Ahh, the main quest then is what I'm missing somehow. There's no new quests being given to me, does that mean I just need to go to areas that I've not been to yet looking for them?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ahh, the main quest then is what I'm missing somehow. There's no new quests being given to me, does that mean I just need to go to areas that I've not been to yet looking for them?

whoever you turned in your last main quest to should have given you the next quest. I've done this a few times.. Turn in a quest and the "Quest Completed!!!" notification is laid over the quest giver and I take off without realizing I didn't take the followup quest.

Kind of wish they'd do it like WoW, where turning in the quest auto-pops the window for the next quest.

anyway yeah, look at your last quest completed and go to that NPC and they should have a shiny new main storyline quest for you.

Tried to send out as many invites as possible to the GAF Noobs linkshell last night. I have to send them to you when you're online from what I can tell, so if you see me online (Arya Hodor) send me a /tell and I'll add you. I'm also making a few others leaders so they can add as well.

We have about 20 of your so far, it was pretty active last night. Seemed like a lot of people had questions that worked better in a "noob" chat. If any of you active members want to join as well to help answer and guide new people, let me know as well.

IMBored

I am in the Ultros server. Started at Gridania. How do i find other fellow GAF member so that i can request to join GAF guild?

Read this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108257466&postcount=6094

You don't have to physically find a person to apply. You can also do it via player search. Search for one of the officers listed in the OP, that's a good start. You can also try searching for Drama Zeni, Mira Mora, or Odoru Suika. They're online quite a bit. Then just right click/press square on their name and you can find the relevant option there.

Aeana

Yep. I did exactly that. Although seems like the registrations are closed. I did apply on the guild website so no idea.

If I had to guess, the application limit was reached. We can only have 8 outstanding applications in-game at a time. It'll be resolved shortly, if not by another officer, then I'll log on and do it before I leave.

EDIT: Try now.

ahuffman

Banned
Tried to send out as many invites as possible to the GAF Noobs linkshell last night. I have to send them to you when you're online from what I can tell, so if you see me online (Arya Hodor) send me a /tell and I'll add you. I'm also making a few others leaders so they can add as well.

We have about 20 of your so far, it was pretty active last night. Seemed like a lot of people had questions that worked better in a "noob" chat. If any of you active members want to join as well to help answer and guide new people, let me know as well.

I would certainly be interested in joining that. I am in the GAF FC, my main character is Rachel Nbolo.

Alright, free 30 days confirmed, although my main character is on the Jenova server. Is it worth completely starting over on Ultros once character creation becomes available for it once more? 12 ACN/17 THM/17 CNJ.

IMBored

Alright, free 30 days confirmed, although my main character is on the Jenova server. Is it worth completely starting over on Ultros once character creation becomes available for it once more? 12 ACN/17 THM/17 CNJ.

If you plan on joining the FC, I'd say yes. You'll make up the time you lost very soon, knowing everything you need to do in advance, and you'll get a great community.

If I had to guess, the application limit was reached. We can only have 8 outstanding applications in-game at a time. It'll be resolved shortly, if not by another officer, then I'll log on and do it before I leave.

EDIT: Try now.
Thanks. Was able to apply now. Submitted my application.

Edit: Got in!

btkadams

I fucking love this game.

me too!

i'm honestly feeling a bit bummed that i spend half my week's at my bf's house and am unable to play this game during that time. i feel like that's a bit unhealthy though, so maybe it's for the best lol.

and no, remote play is not an option. i have an airport extreme at home and i can't get remote play to work over the internet (it's a known issue with airport extreme routers).

If you plan on joining the FC, I'd say yes. You'll make up the time you lost very soon, knowing everything you need to do in advance, and you'll get a great community.

At least I know to start out as a Conjurer and work my way to Scholar so I can actually queue for story dungeons in a reasonable amount of time. :p

danthefan

I'm sure the answer is yes but for the end-game content is being in an organised guild pretty much essential? The game wouldn't let me make a char on the server that GAF has a guild on in EU timezone (Ragnarok).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom