• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablito

so the first time i ever beat turn 5 and it's with a pf pug and we one shot it lol. got every piece of brd loot. and to think i wasn't going to play today. wee!

Jacobbles

Is there a GAF FC on any servers other than Ultros? I'm on Cactuar and the FC I'm with is pretty dead. Everyone who was there at launch seems to have left.

JLeack

Banned
I just got my relic weapon and shield for my PLD after two days of hard work. I remember being so intimidated by the questline last year and similarly when I came back earlier in the week.

So stoked.

suzu

Is there a GAF FC on any servers other than Ultros? I'm on Cactuar and the FC I'm with is pretty dead. Everyone who was there at launch seems to have left.

There are the FCs listed in the OP. But I think most of the people that post in this thread are on Ultros.

dcye

As a counterbalance to my douchery in the above post, I'm 22 hours of farming deep with 1 atma to show for it. So there's that.

I'd like to thank everyone for all advice in regards to tanking. Found myself fumbling with the controller(due to nervousness) during dungeons.

Oh! ...I meant to state I was playing as GLD but I do appreciate the tips in regards to maruader as well.

...still haven't decided on what class/job to dedicate myself to. Thinking dragoon? Maybe?

Ken

multiple runs. we did it like 10 times :eek:

gross. i got all the worthwhile bard pieces (not the belt) from there in 7 runs. 4 bard rings dropped lulz...

ibNLwPyt6kXVz.png

ez pz lemon squeezy

Ken

This is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Mirror of the Whorl. Deciding on appropriate measures to address this issue and finalize the processes required to do so took longer than expected, so I would like to apologize for the late announcement.

In particular, I would like to address the issue faced by paladins and white mages, who require two Mirrors of the Whorl to upgrade both a weapon and shield, while other jobs require only one.

A new system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards was scheduled to be implemented, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was not ready in time for patch 2.2. As a result, paladins and white mages were left without means to exchange a mirror for both their weapons and shields as a set. I realize this has greatly inconvenienced you all, and I sincerely apologize for the current implementation.

Many players are also concerned with low drop rates, but I would like to assure you that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate and balanced to prevent inequality between paladins, white mages, and other jobs. Unfortunately, this is not the case for Mirrors of the Whorl, as the new exchange system was not ready in time for patch 2.2.

When taking into account the various trials and duties introduced with each update, we generally offer alternatives to obtain weapons and shields of the same item level while making adjustments to overall character enhancement. This is especially true for paladins. However, only one one-handed weapon for white mages was added in Patch 2.2, leaving those who would prefer to use a one-handed weapon and shield at a disadvantage.

A similar situation arose with the black mage weapon obtainable in the Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 5, and we addressed this in Patch 2.1 by adding a shield that could be obtained as a reward for clearing the three extreme primal battles. However, this still resulted in a disadvantageous situation due to the item level of this shield.

The new exchange system allowing players to exchange one item for two rewards is scheduled for implementation before patch 2.3. Moving forward, we will make every effort to ensure equality in rewards received by all jobs.

Additionally, in response to feedback regarding the difficulty of obtaining a Mirror of the Whorl due to its low drop rate and the need to also win a lot, the following adjustments will be made with Patch 2.25, which is scheduled to be released at the end of April.

• The Tidal Wave Shield will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
  • The Tidal Wave Buckler will be added as a possible shield reward for The Whorleater (Extreme).
  • Players that have used a Mirror of the Whorl to upgrade a Wave Shield or Wave Buckler before Patch 2.25 will receive an additional Mirror of the Whorl.

While the rate at which shields appear will be higher, let me reiterate that the drop tables for weapons and shields are separate, and these changes will have no effect on the drop rate for weapons.

Furthermore, for those who have already upgraded their Wave Shields and Wave Bucklers, the development and operations teams will analyze player data to determine who has already enhanced these shields, and we will be sending these players a Mirror of the Whorl via mog letter after the release of Patch 2.25.

This analysis will take place during the maintenance period for Patch 2.25, and we plan to send Mirrors of the Whorl to players a few days after the patch is released.

I apologize again for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience as we work to address this matter.

coughlanio

So I ordered both the PC and PS3 Collector's Editions last night, just to have. I'll likely keep them sealed. I'm thinking of ordering the PS4 Collector's Edition, just to have all three.

I got the PS3 and PC ones relatively cheap (~€25 for PS3, ~€60 for PC).

Kenai

If you start a character on one server, are you then stuck with all characters on that server or can you start a new character on another server? I started a pugilist on a different server and it's served as a good learning experience - but I could start a new toon on Ultros if it ever opens up if I can change servers.

You'll be fine. i think you get 8 character slots and you can do whatever you like with em.

You might even enjoy starting in a new city (tied to the job you pick at the start) since the opening quests are somewhat different story-wise and that's the only way to see the others.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys.

I'm playing FFXIV in English (JP PS4 version, EN language), but I want to be able to switch to typing japanese on the fly since I play on a Japanese server.

I'm using a Japanese Elecom keyboard, but cannot find a key combo to switch between the languages. The virtual keyboard doesn't seem to have a problem with switching between languages.

Help?

You'll be fine. i think you get 8 character slots and you can do whatever you like with em.

You might even enjoy starting in a new city (tied to the job you pick at the start) since the opening quests are somewhat different story-wise and that's the only way to see the others.
Starting city is dependent only on class, right? I still want a Pugilist/Monk. I may pick a different race though.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Another maintenance?
Are they still doing this every week?
Kicked off mid-Acheron :/

They gave considerable warning (in fact, perhaps it was too much warning, lol)

Being down once a week for a couple hours is not a big deal IMO.

MogCakes

Hey guys.

I'm playing FFXIV in English (JP PS4 version, EN language), but I want to be able to switch to typing japanese on the fly since I play on a Japanese server.

I'm using a Japanese Elecom keyboard, but cannot find a key combo to switch between the languages. The virtual keyboard doesn't seem to have a problem with switching between languages.

Help?

Does it have programmable keys? You could try mapping the toggle button of the virtual keyboard to one of them.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does it have programmable keys? You could try mapping the toggle button of the virtual keyboard to one of them.

I actually figured it out. I just had to change the external keyboard language in my PS4 system settings to Japanese (which gives access to English and Japanese). From there, it automatically detects the keyboard key to switch languages.

Problem solved!

Niwa

Oh boy, the maintenance is taking longer than promised! And I just transferred my ps3 characters on my ps4 and renewed my subscription. ╭(╯ε╰)╮ 

danthefan

Guys, is the PC version of the game region free? I'm in the EU, but playing on my PS4 using a US PSN account. So if I buy just any digital version of the game, will I be ok to join up both PC and PS4 with my one account?

WolvenOne

Just looking at that little thing concerning the Whorl Mirror above, that sounds like it'd help a little, but of course it only slightly mitigates the need for Mirrors. Not that I'm terribly concerned, while I'd like a Mirror for my axe, the Axe probably won't be a long term weapon even if I can upgrade.

Except for maybe PVP, where defense stats are more dependent on morale.

I am really eagerly awaiting 2.25 though, in part because I could have sworn I heard that the next upgrade for our Relic would be made available during 2.25.

Ran wanderers palace earlier today with a guildie. I maaaaaayyyyy have hampered how smoothly that run went. Granted we got through it pretty much just fine! I've never had issues running it before man I swear! Even when tanks do bigger pulls. My apologies either way!

Kenai

Starting city is dependent only on class, right? I still want a Pugilist/Monk. I may pick a different race though.

Yep, class dictates entirely where you start.. And since whatever class you pick is going to need another class at 15 to unlock, you might as well go wherever if you want to see other stuff.

For example, you like Pugilist, but you need to get Lancer to 15 as well to unlock Monk so you could star in Gridana and get that out of the way. Monk also uses Marauder cross class skills so you could go to Limsa for that too.

I started in Limsa because ACN/SCH and enjoyed the story very much but kinda want to see the other two since I started in Gridana back in 1.0 so I kinda wanted to see how it changed.

Granted, it's almost entirely aesthetics/lore and beyond a certain point the stories become pretty much identical no matter where you start (basically after you officially join a GC and the Scions), but it's something that i really did enjoy. I like the main story of this game quite a bit, and it felt a lot more fleshed out than say...90% of the class/race/city starting areas in WoW for example (and I like WoW).

I am really eagerly awaiting 2.25 though, in part because I could have sworn I heard that the next upgrade for our Relic would be made available during 2.25.

That'd be kinda depressing since I am about to start my 3rd book and I'm ahead of most people I know of in the FC. Granted, I know some are much further along in their books, but that Myth grind is kinda harsh considering the timeframe. I'm hoping that the next step won't be quite as much of a drain to the spirit.

God I wish I was on Ultros for the GAF FC. For those of you on Sargatanas, my name is Zefar Ygzerion. Finally got my first job last night!

IMBored

For those of you still wandering if you should wait for ultros to open to join the FC, last night I finally managed to pass brayflox with their help. After a very bad run with a random "tank" and me getting aggro and running around not knowing what to do, we got a full GAF party and cleared the dungeon easily. That's just one of the advantages of joining.
Now my level 40 BRD can start doing level 33 main story quests. After the 40 bard quest, and the 15 botanist quest. And grinding FATEs for some venture seals, and getting a new retainer because my inv space is full.

So to join the GAF guild on Ultros I need to find a guild member in-game?

Anyone tend to hang around in Gridania...?

You don't need to find one, you can player search one, select the free company and aplication submission. However, normally there's a least one member in every big city at any given time.

kiaaa

Does anyone know if there are any lists of master crafting recipes? The only ones I have access to are Culinarian so I'm trying to figure out which ones are actually worth getting.

I have this game on PC but I cancelled the subscription a while ago. Would I get a free month if I bought the game for PS4?

Also...how is communicating in the PS4 without a keyboard? Sounds difficult.

Okay - I've got a level 2 pugilist on Ultros. How do I find the GAF PC?

My name is Derxioixi Yuan. This would be my first MMO with a really dedicated guild and I'm excited about what that would be like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom