• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really don't understand why they keep emphasizing mindless zerg content. I didn't like this crap in other games, didn't like FATE leveling and only bothered with Atma when everyone else had stopped.

But instead of toning it down they put in mobs with way less hp than FATEs, spread them around the world on long timers and put endgame loot on them. Who thought this was a good idea? 1.0 players?

At least FATEs you could sit around in one zone and there'd often be at least one up.

XI fans, supposedly.

creid

So I did like a dozen FATEs yesterday for atma in between hunts to see what it was like.

As expected, it was like stabbing myself in the eye with rusty needles.

Nope.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Dropping that now while I'm still sane. So not worth it. Life is too short to do the most boring content in this game (FATEs) for hours on end. I'll be content with my 110 Rowena Token weapon and aim for a High Allagan if I can get a group.
I think it's the right move. I don't think I would've bothered starting animus if I realized there would be a faster non-Coil route to a 110 weapon. I kinda doubt the resulting Zodiac weapon will be ultimately worth the time.

Hasney

I think it's the right move. I don't think I would've bothered starting animus if I realized there would be a faster non-Coil route to a 110 weapon. I kinda doubt the resulting Zodiac weapon will be ultimately worth the time.

The fact that it's so sparkly is what made me get my ATMAs. No regrets.

Reknoc

the biggest problem i have with atma farming is when i'm doing it in a low area and all I can think is "man, i would be getting to much exp for lancer doing this crap"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This XI fan wanted the smarter way XI ended up doing it. Spawn pops. =)

At this rate, why not just attach Allied Seals to pretty much everything? GC Leves, Battleleves, Lottos, so forth.

Alternatively they might as well unlock coil now. No more point in keeping the lockout if they aren't going to cap the upgrade stuff in hunts.

dramatis

My static needs a black mage, summoner or dragoon. We run 7-10pm GMT tues, thurs and sun. Pm me on here or in game if you're interested.

As far as I'm aware I'm still in the GAF FC?
Someone said you left the FC, but I guess you just left your static.

Also, Haman is having a phase where he's running around in nothing but a bikini, so I figured he's depressed you left.

In any case tell me who Reknoc is in game and I'll kick him out of the FC properly.

IvorB

They messed up and I think they don't know how to fix it. Hence the lack of any real action.

I don't know why they don't just reduce the reward. Seems simple to me. Better to cut soon and they can bring it back up later if they feel they have to.

Do you guys think we will ever get to leave the realm of Eorzea and go to Orthod or whatever it's called, where the Garleans and Domans come from?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They messed up and I think they don't know how to fix it. Hence the lack of any real action.

At this point, they should just shrug and go ham. Make Daily/Weekly Bills pay out a big amount of seals and attach seals to lottos, leves and more. Hell, expend the daily Hunts to include dungeon bosses so people RUN LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS AGAIN. >=(

It's too late to reduce rewards and such. It would just piss off people. Instead, INCREASE rewards on everything else by offering seals with other content.

Sorian

Banned
Do you guys think we will ever get to leave the realm of Eorzea and go to Orthod or whatever it's called, where the Garleans and Domans come from?

I'm sure it's been discussed by the development team and I know this expansion will focus on eorzea's domestic issues but I could see the eventual second expansion bringing us through international borders.

I have a feeling Yoshida would have said so if that were the case, since he did after people complained about the atma grind.

As far as I've seen, the stance we've gotten on hunts is that they didn't feel like the we're surviving long enough and that the daily doesnt give out high enough rewards. This does not sound like the stances of a company who feel like the whole system is ruining the game. (Which is good because it isn't).

iammeiam

At this point, they should just shrug and go ham. Make Daily/Weekly Bills pay out a big amount of seals and attach seals to lottos, leves and more. Hell, expend the daily Hunts to include dungeon bosses so people RUN LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS AGAIN. >=(

Give Ramuh a 50% chance per-player to drop a blood-spattered log book.

I want to run Ramuh dammit. I FOUGHT MOG EX FOR THIS. But ain't nobody doing learning groups because why bother.

Alternatively they might as well unlock coil now. No more point in keeping the lockout if they aren't going to cap the upgrade stuff in hunts.

Now that you're outta my life
I'm so much better!
You thought my deeps would be low without you
but it's higher!

You thought I'd be broke without you
but I'm moochin!
You thought I'd be sad without you
I laugh harder!

You thought I wouldn't grow without you
now I'm farmin!
You thought I'd be lost without you
got a static!

You thought I'd be stressed without you
but I'm chillin!
You thought I'd have no gear
1 0 9!

I'm a Myth Woman!
I'm not gon' give up!
I'm gon' keep gearin
up in Mor Dhona!

I'm a Myth Woman!
I'm gon' keep raidin!
All with Team Bookey!
I'm Super Cliquey!

If anyone wants hear me perform my classic Bara Bops then stop by mumble sometime. 100k gil per song.

Teknoman

I really don't understand why they keep emphasizing mindless zerg content. I didn't like this crap in other games, didn't like FATE leveling and only bothered with Atma when everyone else had stopped.

But instead of toning it down they put in mobs with way less hp than FATEs, spread them around the world on long timers and put endgame loot on them. Who thought this was a good idea? 1.0 players?

At least FATEs you could sit around in one zone and there'd often be at least one up.

No one thought it was a good idea. People wanted more open world non-instanced content, and then this is what they came up with. Could've used a little more time in the brain oven though.

EDIT: Make the learning group win :D

Anyway, whatever the next open world content is or however they fix hunts / add to them, please make it so a decent sized group of people can actually see the damn monster / hear the battle music / etc. and not just super light show xiv. I will say, one thing I liked about XI is that the pace of the battles, no matter the size, seemed to allow you to see what was going on with the enemies. Fates are fine when there are multiples going on, and people are kinda spread out. Its the dense ones like Odin, Behemoth, and hunts that have me going on like a broken record.

Same complaint about the Lightning fates.

The upgrade was already caped behind sol tomes. Allagan still remains behind a lockout and harder content and continues to be the status symbol gear while tome gear is once again the even level alternative.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The upgrade was already caped behind sol tomes. Allagan still remains behind a lockout and harder content and continues to be the status symbol gear while tome gear is once again the even level alternative.

A lot of people doing hunts have full soldiery already.
And again, Yoshida said a while back that he regretting making first coil and myth gear too similar.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It's just too bad Soldiery is usually crap, RIP my piety forever. But at least I've broken i100!

30qhdha.png
Ehehe

I think the main problem is they fucked up the "gearing up". It was simple in 2.1 and 2.2, then they feel they needed to do it convoluted: mirrors, sands, oils, tomestones...

Now the have a mess in their hands.

Now that you're outta my life
I'm so much better!
You thought my deeps would be low without you
but it's higher!

You thought I'd be broke without you
but I'm moochin!
You thought I'd be sad without you
I laugh harder!

You thought I wouldn't grow without you
now I'm farmin!
You thought I'd be lost without you
got a static!

You thought I'd be stressed without you
but I'm chillin!
You thought I'd have no gear
1 0 9!

I'm a Myth Woman!
I'm not gon' give up!
I'm gon' keep gearin
up in Mor Dhona!

I'm a Myth Woman!
I'm gon' keep raidin!
All with Team Bookey!
I'm Super Cliquey!

If anyone wants hear me perform my classic Bara Bops then stop by mumble sometime. 100k gil per song.

godlike. Bara's songs need to be added to the next ffxiv ost. make it happen kagari

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think the main problem is they fucked up the "gearing up". It was simple in 2.1 and 2.2, then they feel they needed to do it convoluted: mirrors, sands, oils, tomestones...

Mirrors/sands/oils is basically their response to the awful RNG found in the coil loot system. I asked Yoshida about this a while back and that was basically the reasoning.

Sorian

Banned

Oils and sands were probably the smartest thing they've ever done with gear progression in this game. They actually made coil important and not just a point to bring up when it came to BiS gear (no one cares about BiS in this game, there was no content that was actually hard enough for it to matter and now with savage coil it may come into play more but that's just an e-peen contest).

Anyway, whatever the next open world content is or however they fix hunts / add to them, please make it so a decent sized group of people can actually see the damn monster / hear the battle music / etc. and not just super light show xiv. I will say, one thing I liked about XI is that the pace of the battles, no matter the size, seemed to allow you to see what was going on with the enemies. Fates are fine when there are multiples going on, and people are kinda spread out. Its the dense ones like Odin, Behemoth, and hunts that have me going on like a broken record.

I do feel that some of that will not be possible until/unless the game gets bigger zones and a bigger world. Which really will not be possible till PS3 is dropped. Everything in the world is a short jump away from everyone playing and there aren't enough areas/size to make it so you would have to choose to go to one thing or another. So basically everyone on the entire server has the ability to get to the same spot within a 5 minute difference in time with no downside. The things that they could use to make people want to fight these things less people aren't that good. Can make it so its more like older mmorpgs where everything isn't shared by whoever is there, and instead is based off of who gets the tag, but then that really would make them as toxic as people think they are. Or you could make them forced spawns with triggers, which removes all the appeal that they currently have compared to other content in the game as well as the improvement to the life of the gameworld.

A lot of people doing hunts have full soldiery already.
And again, Yoshida said a while back that he regretting making first coil and myth gear too similar.

Again, I don't see how that first point is relevant. The people getting 110 already waited behind the cap to get their gear. To the second, I can only be glad that he seems to have realized he was wrong in that statement and chose to improve the game. Separate but equal is a fine way to handle gear itemization in the kind of game this is. One with a constantly increasing top cap for gear that leaves old content quickly irrelevant, while nerfing it along the way.

Leaders and officers of Ultros that don't frequent the GAF website, please check the leadership forum and post in the event thread to help us set up the details for the costume contest so we can nail down a date.

Also, there is a pretty important post there about the Free Company and I need your responses. Thanks!

Teknoman

Leaders and officers of Ultros that don't frequent the GAF website, please check the leadership forum and post in the event thread to help us set up the details for the costume contest so we can nail down a date.

Also, there is a pretty important post there about the Free Company and I need your responses. Thanks!

lol I just realized that said leadership section. I was looking everywhere for an important thread and thought I was going blind.

Anyway, how do you feel about the FC log in message being changed for upcoming events? Like say the day before and the day of, then changed back to the normal message afterwards? Say for instance, the friday catch up events or the saturday fight nights?

lol I just realized that said leadership section. I was looking everywhere for an important thread and thought I was going blind.

Anyway, how do you feel about the FC log in message being changed for upcoming events? Like say the day before and the day of, then changed back to the normal message afterwards? Say for instance, the friday catch up events or the saturday fight nights?

Yes, that would be good. We have done this in the past but since these are recurring events, I think we get lazy sometimes or people aren't always available to update things in time. I might also need to double check and make sure all leaders have access to do this.

I kind of wish the game had it's own functioning FC calendar that could do things like this.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was thinking about going Adders because they have the best caster set. Otherwise I'm running around in whatever the hell that Flames set is*, but I could get over it. Either way, I'm probably switching from Maelstrom because I'm not sure I care for their gear after seeing it in game.

Any prospective recruiters here must enjoy long walks on the beach, cooking for me, and reading me bed time stories at night. Having people to play FL with in Flames/Adders is a plus.

*Eventually. I'm not even 50 on BLM yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom