• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Have we conveniently forgotten this still exists?

They should just come out with it and say they model most of the gear for female characters and that the male models are an afterthought. Got to satiate that catgirl population.

Isaccard

They should just come out with it and say they model most of the gear for female characters and that the male models are an afterthought. Got to satiate that catgirl population.

I wouldn't be surprised. Males continue to get shafted with hair styles as well.

MogCakes

Forgot to respond to this, but yeah, I too got a laugh when I saw people using a "they hate us because of our power" argument. They hated us in relation to hunts because we had a lot of people visibly acting in their own best interest to the detriment of others on the first few days of hunting. This may be because we have a ton of members so it is more likely to see one of them doing something then others. You continue to see it in shouts still because GAF seems not to know how to deal with trollan, maybe because of the sheltered forum we live on, and ZR comes from a place where if someone gets mad at you doing something you do it some more.

It's not 'people' saying that, it's just me. FCs don't wield any sort of power over each other in a tangible sense, it's just about presence on the field and GAF being the largest FC has the most. I use the word power in reference to that, and because there are always players who aim for their FC to be the top dog, and that is how they perceive whoever happens to be at the top. It's funny to think "GAF, powerful? wut" but GAF does have power in numbers.

WolvenOne

Looking at how FATEs like Behemoth and Odin worked and how the Hunt system is currently turning out, I guess it's a good thing they never implemented those open world primals that Free Companies were supposed to compete against each other for... I remember thinking that was going to be a really cool feature.

They need to do a little work on their engine, and figure out how to both increase the max number of models they can display per screen, and to further improve the prioritization of which models are shown. I mean, they improved the later once already, and it did help, but it can still be improved further. I still frequently see people outside of my party while an S or A has disappeared.

I really do want to see more open world content, because I do enjoy spending time outside of the instances and exploring. They just, you know, need to get things a bit better optimized first.

Or the sooner Yoshi remembers that BCNMs existed in XI and would work perfectly as Full Party Leves/Hests in XIV, he can make the adjustment. Because... there IS a full party guildhest in the game already! Ugh.

Did Yoshi play XI? It's somewhat baffling how many things could be carried over in XIV without turning into...what Hunts turned into. =)

But we have primals, which basically fills the BCNM void. If you want something similar to guildhest, I agree that YoshiP should bring more of these for high level content. But is not like something similar is not already in place.

That said, one of the complaints was "too much instanced" content, people wanted HNM and NM specifically. And here we are.

A lot of what people asks from XI, worked well on XI in the context of that game design priorities and guidelines. And they aren't gonna translate well on XIV, and hunts aren't gonna work like they are supossed to be like...ever, unless they change the system from the ground.

dramatis

Looking at how FATEs like Behemoth and Odin worked and how the Hunt system is currently turning out, I guess it's a good thing they never implemented those open world primals that Free Companies were supposed to compete against each other for... I remember thinking that was going to be a really cool feature.
Imagine how much people would hate GAF then, ohoho

WolvenOne

It's not 'people' saying that, it's just me. FCs don't wield any sort of power over each other in a tangible sense, it's just about presence on the field and GAF being the largest FC has the most. I use the word power in reference to that, and because there are always players who aim for their FC to be the top dog, and that is how they perceive whoever happens to be at the top. It's funny to think "GAF, powerful? wut" but GAF does have power in numbers.

Oh sure, if there was a way TO zerg other FC's, I'm pretty sure we COULD zerg any other FC on the server. Closest thing to that is the hunts, and as many GAFers as we have participating in those, it's still an overall small portion of our overall membership.

And we really don't dominate the hunts. We do okay, but other FC's regularly beat us to marks. I suspect that's the radar app at work, seeing as they'd be hard pressed to have as many people searching zones as we do.

Plus, well, dat spy network yo. <_<;;

Mine01

How is this game in ps4(graphics, controls, etc), does it need ps+? Im thinking for a game to time-sink between major game releases and this one looks like it.

edit: welp just saw i need a sub for it, i guess i might buy it, but not for what i wanted it for.

WolvenOne

But we have primals, which basically fills the BCNM void. If you want something similar to guildhest, I agree that YoshiP should bring more of these for high level content. But is not like something similar is not already in place.

That said, one of the complaints was "too much instanced" content, people wanted HNM and NM specifically. And here we are.

A lot of what people asks from XI, worked well on XI in the context of that game design priorities and guidelines. And they aren't gonna translate well on XIV, and hunts aren't gonna work like they are supossed to be like...ever, unless they change the system from the ground.

I again reject this notion that Hunts need a ground up reworking. You can play hunts now and get a lot of enjoyment out of them, there's just too many people doing nothing but hunts. The work reward ratio is simply out of balance, fix it, and most the problems with hunts should disappear.

They won't disappear entirely mind you, there's still going to be the occasional person whining when they missed a hunt, but that sort of thing is normal in an MMO.

WolvenOne

How is this game in ps4(graphics, controls, etc), does it need ps+? Im thinking for a game to time-sink between major game releases and this one looks like it.

edit: welp just saw i need a sub for it, i guess i might buy it, but not for what i wanted it for.

Yep, requires a sub, and frankly I think it's a much better game for it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Eh, I disagree that Primals = BCNMs. BCNMs were used in XI for materials mostly for gear, spells and some gear itself. Was a different purpose altogether. That's why I liked the idea of open world leves personally. Hunts serve that same purpose (gear, materials maybe not so much) but its pretty skewed and completely brain dead.

Cest la vie.

Sophia

It's fantastic on PS4, comparable to a mid-to-high end PC. It doesn't require PS+ at all, but does have it's own subscription fee. You get 30 days free in the box and it's $12-14 a month after that.

Eh, I disagree that Primals = BCNMs. BCNMs were used in XI for materials mostly for gear, spells and some gear itself. Was a different purpose altogether. That's why I liked the idea of open world leves personally. Hunts serve that same purpose (gear, materials maybe not so much) but its pretty skewed and completely brain dead.

Cest la vie.

I wouldn't mind expanding the current leves to include proper group based content. Especially if it encouraged classic XI style leveling parties.

Have we conveniently forgotten this still exists?

but my man nips

no ps+ is required, a sub is though. ps4 graphics are actually pretty good and comparable to pc high quality

what they should do is make S hunts 100x harder and laugh at everybody wiping b/c of no coordination

CLBridges

It's been about a week since my sub expired and I'm getting that itch to play lol. I even said goodbye to my FC because I really didn't wanna pay for more months. But, I have a little extra cash and thinking about coming back.

Plus, I still want to beat Ramuh X, didn't get the kill b/f sub ran out. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll try to hold out until 2.4 when Rogue/Ninja is released.

Ken

It's been about a week since my sub expired and I'm getting that itch to play lol. I even said goodbye to my FC because I really didn't wanna pay for more months. But, I have a little extra cash and thinking about coming back.

Plus, I still want to beat Ramuh X, didn't get the kill b/f sub ran out. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll try to hold out until 2.4 when Rogue/Ninja is released.

you're here forever

studyguy

Isn't this always the case?

In the case of catboys and girls, I can't decide if 1.0 tail plate armor was sillier than ARR tail condoms.

E8kxriw.jpg

Prototype

Man I feel like 14 is at a really good place right now. I'm taking care of like 4 things at the tine, leveling my Chocobo while farming atmas and doing hunts as they come up along with wrapping up story quests for 2.1 and beyond.

About 80% of the time I end up doing fates with random low level people and that's pretty cool because when I was originally leveling up I had to solo most of the way to 5o, would have been nice to team up with a high level person who knew more about the game but now that person is me. The atma grind keeps high level players out in the field, so I can see at least a part of how they wanted it to work.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You should say you found a mark, ask for an invitation and only after you're in a party share the coordinates with everyone.

Last night I joined a hunt party in PF and they knew their shit. They knew the spawns windows of all the marks, they mentioned something about a "session". How do people find this stuff out?

And they're not the only ones. While we were looking in a zone about to spawn an A rank, many other players were looking too. I also found out I'm totally shit at reading the map and have no hope of getting to a hunt if I'm not following something. The whole system to put up a mark in the map works pretty terribly on PS4.

I got like 150 seals and way too many myth tomes and filled half my sol cap. The rewards are truly insane. I can see how a player alone would have no chance to get much, but with this specialized groups, I'm pretty sure rewards are much better than the developers intended.

I did it on Vita while watching TV. I also do the same while crafting. Remote play is really a fantastic feature and why I would never consider moving to PC.
There's a tracker website that helps keep track of the open windows, the public session for Ultros is: http://thehunt.tk/?session=m3yclva9nd

As for learning the map, that comes from hunting over and over. It's gotten to a point for me where I can figure out most coordinates without opening the map.

Use a macro for marking, I use "{Found it!} <t> <pos>". That spits out the coordinates and the name of whatever I'm targeting. If you must use the map cause you're nowhere near the area, the trick is to press square twice, R1 to mark, and leave the map up so it doesn't spit out an error. Also be aware that you can click coordinates posted via <pos> in the chatbox, doing so will open up your map and show you where it is.

Got some Qs about Chocobo training:

When it says it can't rank up except in combat, does it mean training exp gets capped before a rank?

Does food really matter that much, or is there one type I should just feed it with ?

Any special tips I should know ?

Thanks.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
h3cjxNb.jpg

How dare you share hunt info with the rest of the FC and clog the super important chat!

Yeah I thought that was ridiculous. The linkshell is full and not not everyone who wants in is in so I figured it makes sense to share info on S ranks in fc chat. Guess some people don't agree with me....

Cmagus

Do we need another hunting LS? I can start one up if people are interested. Maybe we could get a few from the first to help with cross posting.

Jeels

If it's the Vegas one, when does hotel registration begin?

I'm pretty sure there's no hotel registration? You just book a hotel on your own. I guess it would make sense to book at the Rio, but I assume it's expensive, so I am looking for GAF'ers to room with.

Home

Do we need another hunting LS? I can start one up if people are interested. Maybe we could get a few from the first to help with cross posting.

I'd be very interested. I was lucky someone in the FC announced the Mor Dhona S Rank as the LS is full and that's the only way I found out about it.

Cmagus

I'd be very interested. I was lucky someone in the FC announced the Mor Dhona S Rank as the LS is full and that's the only way I found out about it.

Alright I've created Neo Hunt a second hunt LS. You can contact either me (Marron Fahl) or Victor Strange for invites at the moment. We will try to relay info between the two LS as best as we can.

Tirod

Alright I've created Neo Hunt a second hunt LS. You can contact either me (Marron Fahl) or Victor Strange for invites at the moment. We will try to relay info between the two LS as best as we can.

You two are the best. Been wanting in on the linkshell for awhile but didn't have the cojones to start one because I'm not entirely well versed on how the hunt spawns work still. Thanks on behalf of my character Asuna Amagi.

Okay, so I'm sure most of you know I've been playing since the game came out but I'll be honest. I've got no idea how I will get enough gil to buy the materia for my Novus weapon. I have about 3 million to work with now. The only non-battle 50 I have is botanist. I also have 4 level 50 retainers. Can anyone give me some realistic ideas for how to earn some gil?

Any tips and advice are appreciated! Thanks!

Okay, so I'm sure most of you know I've been playing since the game came out but I'll be honest. I've got no idea how I will get enough gil to buy the materia for my Novus weapon. I have about 3 million to work with now. The only non-battle 50 I have is botanist. I also have 4 level 50 retainers. Can anyone give me some realistic ideas for how to earn some gil?

Any tips and advice are appreciated! Thanks!

split between three stats or pray with spiritbind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom