• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Oh cool, a bonus dungeon. I'd better get that unlocked and give it a go. Though my question is: if I've spent my time buying level 90 gear from the Reventant's Toll lady I've kind of killed any hope of finding useful gear in these dungeon's haven't I?

Yep. You can get drops for alt jobs or for glamor, pretty much.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh cool, a bonus dungeon. I'd better get that unlocked and give it a go. Though my question is: if I've spent my time buying level 90 gear from the Reventant's Toll lady I've kind of killed any hope of finding useful gear in these dungeon's haven't I?

What dungeon are you talking about?

plake

Yeah! You'd want that high lv DR unlocked too!
Iirc they drop ilv70 gear. Good for alta or trading in for seals.

orion434

No it's a bonus dungeon so to speak. There are a few of those.

Hmmm very true. I should start doing those instead of Ex...

Yeah it's the same book. Pharos Sirius is unlocked in Aleport. It's the one with the siren in the island across from Aleport. I honestly don't remember if it part of the main story or not, but you need it for high level roulette, so you should definitely do it anyway.

High level roulette is much better than expert IMO, since it gives you myth (and you cap on soldiery in no time).

Ah, I always see the ! In Aleport when I do my daily Beast Tribe Missions. I still have to do Moogle HM for story! I have been so caught-up with crafting since the start that end-game content is 2nd on my priority list.

They are still useful to deck out your retainer. You need to get it to ilvl 70 to have access to all the ventures.

I finally got mine to ilvl 71 last night after getting the tank chest piece in Turn 1. Some people called me a scumbag, because I already have the sol chest piece, but if I wasn't interested in that piece, why else would I be replaying that? Fun?

IMBored

They are still useful to deck out your retainer. You need to get it to ilvl 70 to have access to all the ventures.

I finally got mine to ilvl 71 last night after getting the tank chest piece in Turn 1. Some people called me a scumbag, because I already have the sol chest piece, but if I wasn't interested in that piece, why else would I be replaying that? Fun?

There is no fun to be had in CT, apparently some people tank in the middle -_-
Jk, I actually never seen dragon being tanked in the middle.

omlet

Even when it was a hot topic several months ago I never saw any good reasons to not tank the dragon in the center.

I think you quoted the wrong post, but you apparently missed my epic tanking performance in my one and only run on CT.

At one point I was standing with Alliance A ready to go and wondering why no one was starting, only to be yelled that I was a part of Alliance C and to get my ass to the other side. Me tanking on the middle was the least of my party's problems. It was such a hilarious run though that I got 4 commendations.

Aeana

Since K'tai didn't post it, here's your wall of shame.

walloshame.png

alstein

Started this about a week ago, attempt to cure some of my addictions to other games and keep the Steam Sale damage down.

So far enjoying most of it, though the main quest seems pretty annoying.

There is a whole topic listing the pros and cons of tanking Bone Dragon in the center vs. north. Tanking in the middle wins by a long shot.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/173134-CT-Taking-the-Bone-Dragon-to-the-True-North

If you are on the Primal data center, the norm is that the boss is tanked up north. Everywhere else seems to be tanked in the center.

The data center I'm in has always tanked it in the middle (thankfully) and I have always tanked it in the middle. It makes the fight easier on the skelly tanks, healers, and melee dps.

Quick question, for Ultros GAF, where is the FC house located?

Mist, District 1. I can't remember the house number, but when you choose District 1 at the entrance, it'll pull up a page showing each FC's housing number.

Edit-- Or Wards. Maybe they are called Wards... not Districts.

omlet

There is a whole topic listing the pros and cons of tanking Bone Dragon in the center vs. north. Tanking in the middle wins by a long shot.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/173134-CT-Taking-the-Bone-Dragon-to-the-True-North

If you are on the Primal data center, the norm is that the boss is tanked up north. Everywhere else seems to be tanked in the center.

The data center I'm in has always tanked it in the middle (thankfully) and I have always tanked it in the middle. It makes the fight easier on the skelly tanks, healers, and melee dps.

Seriously, I've seen it done both ways and tanking it out of center just seems like making it take longer and be more hassle for everyone for no good reason.

IMBored

Quick question, for Ultros GAF, where is the FC house located?

In the Mist. The limsa housing, ward1, north east in the map. If you're in the FC it's the first teleport option.
Catch is, you have to complete the housing quest in east limsa fist.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Started to buckle down and level up BLM. Just hit 19, so not that much further to Swiftcast. Gotta stop healing dungeons late night, though. I was asleep at the wheel more than I care to admit last night doing that, which is odd, since I find that doesn't happen while doing late night tank runs for me. o_O

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Even when it was a hot topic several months ago I never saw any good reasons to not tank the dragon in the center.

At least some Platinals will be significantly farther from their mark.

Now why no one ever tanks KB in the west...

MogCakes

Woop, OT5. About half my FC has now reached 50 (we have 7 members, so that's 3 people), we can finally start doing endgame content together.

I'm always at work or school when Odin spawns. I'm never going to get his armor am I.

aceface

I think tanking in the middle is better too. But for whatever reason whenever I've seen it done on Primal, people lose their minds. I think it was Haman who got vote kicked for it even though the party did not wipe or anything.

Disclaimer: This may have changed. I have not done CT in about two months.

iammeiam

BD should probably be tanked north on Primal for any CT run you want to see completed, because tanking mid is just asking for the group to flip out over change and tear itself apart. With six tanks, at least one is gonna try to provoke him to what they think is the "right" spot. Any minor gains from tanking mid are going to be outweighed by making CT even more CTish.

That said, tanking BD mid is great entertainment value and an A+ way to watch people flip out for essentially no reason, so.

Wilsongt

I'm getting pretty good at healing Titan HM after how many times the Trial Roulette has thrown me into it.

People tank Bone Dragon somewhere other than the middle?

In all of the times I have been into CT, some within the past month, I have never, not once, seen Bone Dragon tanked anywhere other than the middle. Platinals should not be a problem at all if the DPS and other tanks are doing their jobs. You have 5 tanks not on the boss when it is down, if all five tanks are trolling, then you have a problem.

dc89

Quick question: If I buy a Windows version of the game will I be able to continue playing as the character I have started on the PS4?
I just add the WIndows game as a service in my SE account right?

creid

I'm getting pretty good at healing Titan HM after how many times the Trial Roulette has thrown me into it.

In all of the times I have been into CT, some within the past month, I have never, not once, seen Bone Dragon tanked anywhere other than the middle. Platinals should not be a problem at all if the DPS and other tanks are doing their jobs. You have 5 tanks not on the boss when it is down, if all five tanks are trolling, then you have a problem.
It's an Ultros/Primal thing, apparently.

orion434

Mist, District 1. I can't remember the house number, but when you choose District 1 at the entrance, it'll pull up a page showing each FC's housing number.

Edit-- Or Wards. Maybe they are called Wards... not Districts.

In the Mist. The limsa housing, ward1, north east in the map. If you're in the FC it's the first teleport option.
Catch is, you have to complete the housing quest in east limsa fist.

I always get confused as to where Mist is, our FC is in the Goblet, Thanalan. What's the name of the housing area in Gridinia?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Okay thought I, time to do a mysterious map! I'm a WHM, I can solo this, what could possibly go wrong.

Like missing two last bombs with Holy wrong.

That's a big if when talking about CT.

I've yet to see the Bone Dragon tanked in the middle since CT launched. Even when someone tries, someone else will Provoke and rip it away---at which point everyone starts yelling at each other.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I tried once, and people acted so weird about it. Players that should not have cared one lick about positioning started hyperventilating and going on and on about how middle tanking freaks them out.

"You're, a, HEALER! just park somewhere out of the way and heal, you don't even need to move for this fight! :p"

Seriously though, the fights easy either way, so whatever.

IvorB

Yep. You can get drops for alt jobs or for glamor, pretty much.

Yeah! You'd want that high lv DR unlocked too!
Iirc they drop ilv70 gear. Good for alta or trading in for seals.

Cool. Duty roulette and glamour it is then. I like getting stuff in dungeons but just buying the good stuff in Revenant's Toll is pretty convenient and takes the uncertainty out of it. Dungeons are good fun though anyway so I guess there is that too.

What dungeon are you talking about?

The level 50 stuff like AK, Pharos etc.

Eldren

Pseudo-quoting from the previous thread:

MechaX said:
Solo Healing Titan Normal as a Black Mage was such a bizarre experience that I actually want to attempt to play a healer now. I guess it's the next logical step, because literally the only reason I leveled up SMN is because "I want to be able to raise people in battle."

I had a similar experience. The tank and the other DPS (I was a THM) were a little bit too eager to start the last boss in Toto-Rak and ended up triggering the vortex thingy that pulls you in, even though our healer was new and had said as much, and was watching the cutscene. Once she got locked out I ended up spamming Cure to keep us alive. First time doing any sort of healing but I quite enjoyed it so I've started levelling a CNJ to see how I get on. Only level 9 so far so I haven't actually done any healing but I'm hoping to jump into some guildhests and then eventually Sastasha. Hopefully I'll enjoy it.

(Hi GAF, I will try to post more in this thread than the last one)

WolvenOne

Hmm, I wonder if they'll ever do a Raid Roulette, ie, Turns 1-4 + CT1.

They'd have to put out a hefty reward to make it worth it for people though.

zewone

Am I crazy or is T7 easier than T6?

My first try at it last night and got very close to clearing before reset. Had the last add down to half health before I realized he was out so I could LB3. :(

Guessing boss was at less than 30%.

WolvenOne

Am I crazy or is T7 easier than T6?

My first try at it last night and got very close to clearing before reset. Had the last add down to half health before I realized he was out so I could LB3. :(

Guessing boss was at less than 30%.

Really depends on your group. For some it's easier, for others it's harder. Depends how good your Kiter is, how quickly your group can kill off the first three adds, and how quickly your party adjusts to the Voice/Shriek Mechanic.

Varth

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? My OTP pass can't seem to generate a valid number, and I've been put on hold for exceeding attempts. Trying to change my pass, and it doesn't accept my new one (my guess it's since it needs the OTP here too).

Ken

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? My OTP pass can't seem to generate a valid number, and I've been put on hold for exceeding attempts. Trying to change my pass, and it doesn't accept my new one (my guess it's since it needs the OTP here too).

whats your OTP device? mobile phone or the token?

Tabris

The issue with T7 is that you are only as good as your slowest member (in terms of reaction speed)

While T6 and T8, you can overcompensate for your slower members by everyone else adjusting.

Varth

whats your OTP device? mobile phone or the token?

I have both, but I never used the token so I guess it wouldn't work (I seem to recall you have to register it, and maybe have one at a time only linked). I use the app on mobile.

Worked a charm on monday.

Ken

I have both, but I never used the token so I guess it wouldn't work (I seem to recall you have to register it, and maybe have one at a time only linked). I use the app on mobile.

Worked a charm on monday.

did you change the device's time or something? that's usually a culprit of messed up OTPs.

i would suggest using the emergency OTP removal code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom