• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Cheers. Sounds good, and while I do always use Obey I'll just have to get more comfortable with juggling everything manually and rely less on finicky macros.
And also remember that Blizzard 2 and Miasma 2 exist.

I had some help creating a macro so that whenever I use it, my egi will go to that target and I will cast ruin. That way we're on the same target.

WolvenOne

So, would somebody whom is both confident in their DRG dps, and is using a controller, mind putting out a screen shot of their crossbar?

I'm experimenting with layouts, trying to find something I'm less likely to trip up on. So far I'm only having modest success. That said, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that, it'd be a pretty big hassle after all.

Having to essentially relearn a raid fight as dps, melee dps even is turning out to be rough. I am sure I caused over half of our wipes. Alas...at least we're seeing the last phase quite a bit.

I do not understand how a MNK is supposed to out dps a SMN against that plant though. There seem to be a few spots where I can lose my stacks and its back to square one.

omlet

Having to essentially relearn a raid fight as dps, melee dps even is turning out to be rough. I am sure I caused over half of our wipes. Alas...at least we're seeing the last phase quite a bit.

I do not understand how a MNK is supposed to out dps a SMN against that plant though. There seem to be a few spots where I can lose my stacks and its back to square one.

T6? I just got out of a practice run, my first time in there actually. In like an hour of attempts (we didn't beat phase 3) I lost GL maybe on two or three attempts, not counting the couple times I got eaten on the first couple attempts when I had no idea what I was doing. Even the move where you have to stop completely doing anything is so short it didn't cause problems with GL. Hit a bee or bulb if you have to move away for too long... and if you run out for any reason (vines, etc.), just keep running and then use Shoulder Tackle to get back in--it's usually faster than turning around and running back (you'll get a feel for when to turn around and when to ST back with time).

I'm only i90 on my MNK and I was miles ahead of the other DDs in that fight... DDs that knew the fight and had good gear... they said I was doing too much DPS and messed up the phase transition because we still had honey on someone. :V

BadRNG

Any tips for tanking groups where mobs like to stay spread apart? It's an area where I feel I'm still quite sloppy since mobs like casters like to stay spread out and turret away, so I'm not keeping aggro on them as well as I'd like.
Vast majority of mobs with casters can be approached with one of two strats, line of sight them around some object/corner so they are forced to move to you, or moving the melee mobs on top of them so everything is close.

For when that doesn't work you can position them either with melee in front and casters in a line so you can overpower if WAR. If PLD, arrange a circle formation so flash will hit them behind you. Can't block spells anyway.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So, would somebody whom is both confident in their DRG dps, and is using a controller, mind putting out a screen shot of their crossbar?

I'm experimenting with layouts, trying to find something I'm less likely to trip up on. So far I'm only having modest success. That said, I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that, it'd be a pretty big hassle after all.

I'm not at home right know.

I will post later my crossbar of DRG :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is the best chest piece in the game currently:

yfXc028.jpg

My complete failure at inventory management continues. Got rid of my ventures (wasn't even using them anyway and I had over 250 of them) and I'll use the rest of the dyes I have Wed. afternoon. And I greatly appreciate whoever takes the legendary visors I kept putting in the company chest the past couple of days. Got real tired of getting those while I was working on my books

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My complete failure at inventory management continues. Got rid of my ventures (wasn't even using them anyway and I had over 250 of them) and I'll use the rest of the dyes I have Wed. afternoon. And I greatly appreciate whoever takes the legendary visors I kept putting in the company chest the past couple of days. Got real tired of getting those while I was working on my books

What. Please tell me you have at least one lvl 50 retainer.

ermagerd unlocked my first relic+1. maybe it's my lack of sleep but ITS SO PERTY WHEN IT GLOWS

time to start grinding atma I guess... (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

I'm only i90 on my MNK and I was miles ahead of the other DDs in that fight... DDs that knew the fight and had good gear... they said I was doing too much DPS and messed up the phase transition because we still had honey on someone. :V

If someone still has honey when Leafstorm happens, they just stand in the Acid Rain and get exploded. Then the healer resses them and the fight proceeds normally.

You get nothing!

;_;

I can do this for you when I log in later on. I rearranged my hotbar completely when I hit 50 - it was hell to re-learn but so so worth it for me.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Can somebody explain to me the Meld II quest? It wants me to meld before Mutamix, but what exactly does that mean? Do you have to target him then open the inventory, meld on the map or just stand in the general vicinity of the npc?

Can somebody explain to me the Meld II quest? It wants me to meld before Mutamix, but what exactly does that mean? Do you have to target him then open the inventory, meld on the map or just stand in the general vicinity of the npc?

Meld 8 pieces of equipment in front of him, in the general vicinity.

You should have been crafting sooner, darn it!

Raxious

Maaaan, been in que for 40 minutes and still haven't found 2 healers + 1 tank :(

It's so annoying, cause Cape Westwind is one of the last story missions :(

IvorB

Yeah cool. I was gonna make a post about it tomorrow. What are people up for this week? I think a lot of the people who did Ultima HM last Friday wanted to start the ex relic train so maybe we could start with Garuda ex this time around? Or maybe devote a good chunk of time to Titan ex for whoever needs it. It sucked we didn't get the win last week.

Would be good to get a party together for the next fight of my relic quest (Ifrit hard I think) but it's nothing too advanced so no worries if there is other stuff on. Can probably DF it.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Maaaan, been in que for 40 minutes and still haven't found 2 healers + 1 tank :(

It's so annoying, cause Cape Westwind is one of the last story missions :(
Prepare for a horrible speedrun where you'll have no idea what's going on the whole time (if my experience is anything to go by).

Really nervous about doing the last story dungeon. I want to experience it properly but there's no way I'll be able to assemble that many people from the FC.

orion434

14/20 HQ Silver Soverign, last night I got 3 in 2 hours. Too bad there is no Timed-node for Fishing, it's just set line and hope for the best. I have all the animations memorized, for Silver Soverign the pole nearly snaps in 1/2 and an extra pull to the right. Even with MAX Gathering / Perception ( including food ) the bugger can get away. I've gone 14/46 HQ which equates to ~ 30% but it just takes so much time :(

Once I have that rod I'll have all DoH / DoL at Max.

aceface

Would be good to get a party together for the next fight of my relic quest (Ifrit hard I think) but it's nothing too advanced so no worries if there is other stuff on. Can probably DF it.

Edit: actually I just remembered that since I'm an American who loves freedom I'm going to be at fireworks Friday night. So I won't be able to be on until late, if at all. Sorry about that. Hopefully there will be some other people around you could go with.

iammeiam

Hit 45 Miner last night and decided to check the Market Board to see what I'm looking at for gear at 50. It came out to like 230,000 for everything HQ non-melded; all the BiS excluding main hand is crafted, right, so I'm just going to have to suck it up and pay?

I figure any gear introduced by the patch will end up being more expensive, at first, so waiting doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom