• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varth

did you change the device's time or something? that's usually a culprit of messed up OTPs.

i would suggest using the emergency OTP removal code.

Yea, it seems the phone's time and date is somehow F'd up O___o

Gonna try and fix it and try again, thanks.

EDIT: worked, thanks again :D

WolvenOne

I'm considering leveling a Monk once I'm done with my Novus, just to give myself more DPS options. How quickly can somebody level up a class these days, I mean, assuming you don't want to be spending every moment in the game leveling that one class?

Ken

I'm considering leveling a Monk once I'm done with my Novus, just to give myself more DPS options. How quickly can somebody level up a class these days, I mean, assuming you don't want to be spending every moment in the game leveling that one class?

depends on materia shortages

WolvenOne

depends on materia shortages

Not sure what you mean by that. You mean, it depends how quickly I finish my Novus? Well I'm done with parry, and have all the accuracy I need until I hit the Tier 4's. (Shouldn't need as many ACC Tier 4's, since I maxed out parry.)

As such, I could probably just outright buy the Accuracy materia I need, though I'm going to try Spirit-binding at least some of it myself. So, grinding out 31 more Alexandrite's going to be the real time sink here. I could finish it before the patch I'm sure, but my tolerance for Bray runs isn't high enough at this point.

Tabris

Very quickly by properly co-ordinating your challenge log with your LLDR, Leves and FATEs.

WolvenOne

Very quickly by properly co-ordinating your challenge log with your LLDR, Leves and FATEs.

I see, I'll have to jump onto that immediately after finishing my Novus, just in case I can't figure out how to max out DRG DPS.

I'd jump onto that now, but completing the Novus grind will make 3/4 Turns easier, and I really should give myself some time to see if DRG works out or not.

Edit: Might be able to do a little leveling on the side, before finishing Novus.

It looks like converting materia has provided a minor solution to my inventory problem. The materia will come handy once I'm done with my books. Is there a limit to what materia I can and can't use for the weapon? I can understand it would be pointless to use any crafting/gathering materia, but what about materia that increases elemential resistance?

WolvenOne

It looks like converting materia has provided a minor solution to my inventory problem. The materia will come handy once I'm done with my books. Is there a limit to what materia I can and can't use for the weapon? I can understand it would be pointless to use any crafting/gathering materia, but what about materia that increases elemential resistance?

Theoretically you could, but I wouldn't recommend using Elemental Resist materia. Either try converting it to another type, or sell it on the market board.

Tabris

I see, I'll have to jump onto that immediately after finishing my Novus, just in case I can't figure out how to max out DRG DPS.

I'd jump onto that now, but completing the Novus grind will make 3/4 Turns easier, and I really should give myself some time to see if DRG works out or not.

Edit: Might be able to do a little leveling on the side, before finishing Novus.

Just do your LLDR every day. 30 mins a day.

Frazley

Leveling up lancer to get my Monk. Love the chocobo companion for soloing. Decided on Attacker. I know I can do Attacker/Healer/Etc, but I want the Barding so I'll do Attacker to completion. Plus I like a chocobo that will be a DPS when I tank or play as a healer. Debated on Healer/Defender.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Leveling up lancer to get my Monk. Love the chocobo companion for soloing. Decided on Attacker. I know I can do Attacker/Healer/Etc, but I want the Barding so I'll do Attacker to completion. Plus I like a chocobo that will be a DPS when I tank or play as a healer. Debated on Healer/Defender.

Well come 2.3 you'll be able to level it past 10 so you'll eventually be able to cap it all anyways.

Which could end up quite silly. +45% crit on top of their base crit/damage.

Frazley

Well come 2.3 you'll be able to level it past 10 so you'll eventually be able to cap it all anyways.

That's good to hear! I also hope we could breed and have a healer chocobo, a tank chocobo and a damage chocobo.

I did hear leveling past won't be easy, so attacker will make me happy if that's all I get right now.

Another question, I can't afford it yet, but I would like to get a chamber in the FC house at some point. Am I right by making it limited to 512, everyone can get one?

Wilsongt

People tank Bone Dragon other than north? :p

Primal plebs.

tumblr_mb03g1ZpRy1qj00xq.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I'm going to have a Super Saiyan Chocobo

Rank 30

You haven't even seen my final form.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Not grinding that Alexandrite, no sir.
I'd rather take my time with this after the Animus marathon.

On a semi-related note, levelling up CRP is so boring.

I imagine the grind for that would be legendary. Mine is level 6 Attacker/Healer and it's already pretty kick ass. Invaluable for ATMA grinding those bosses alone. The chocobo was clearly meant to be hybrid, with the stances and being able to get much better stats that way.

I can convert materia into different materia? :eek:

Yes, but it's pretty much useless. 5 materia for a new one of the same rank (which can end up being the same as one of those 5, essentially throwing away 4 materia).

So sick of atma grinding...been at it for days in the last four areas and no dice. Who thought this was a good idea?

And once again, tanks in DR sure love to take on way too much than they can handle and then I the healer gets all the blame...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So sick of atma grinding...been at it for days in the last four areas and no dice. Who thought this was a good idea?

And once again, tanks in DR sure love to take on way too much than they can handle and then I the healer gets all the blame...

This is why you only do it once. :p

Mesharey

I'm so tired of Titan extreme. -.-"

I know the strategy (it's easy for a tank), but we reach the phase that's after the heart and that's it with 3 groups.

I'll take a break until the update. >_>

This is why you only do it once. :p

Well yes but I only did it because I wanted a stronger MNK weapon. But now I'm in a static and can just save the soldiery for the weapon but now I figure I can use the atma to upgrade my WHM or even SMN weapon but now I just hate myself...=p

And the MNK soldiery gear makes me sad, where is the bloody accuracy? That CT2 gear better have some good itemization

And the MNK soldiery gear makes me sad, where is the bloody accuracy? That CT2 gear better have some good itemization

I'm kinda hoping the CT2 caster body/legs don't have accuracy, since those are the pieces I'm going to be gunning for first. I started SCOB about a month and a half ago being desperately accuracy-starved, now I can have 553 accuracy with all my SCOB drops + Soldiery weapon on, which I understand is about 80 accuracy over the cap for T9 on BLM. I guess at least that means I'll never have accuracy problems in Third Coil...

Apoptomon

Ooh new thread. Personally for 2.3 I'm looking forward to more Hildibrand (and of course what's the deal with Ramuh/Shiva). Wonder if they'll stealth-update Revenant's Toll some more. Oh and the BLM changes, because I'm considering hopping on board the relic train for the third time.

Might have to piggyback off of others' SCH UI suggestions too, because mine is a mess (too many buttons yo). My SMN UI / UI in general probably could use work, but here it is:

Also I have some macro questions: I've got pet aoe joined with bane, and I put contagion with heel to try force it, but do other summoners have better ideas for those?

creid

Yes, but it's pretty much useless. 5 materia for a new one of the same rank (which can end up being the same as one of those 5, essentially throwing away 4 materia).
There's a low chance of getting one of a higher rank. You get an achievement for it, too.

Cmagus

I'm just curious if there is any good resources for class builds. I want to respec my BLM but when it comes to stats and stuff it gets confusing as I'm hearing and reading a lot of conflicting things. I hear that high ACC is is important from some but others say not really so I just wanted some advice or a good resource if anyone knows. Mainly wanna focus on T5-T9 with the build.

aceface

Tomo if you dont mind, I added your friday help nights to the schedule.

Yeah cool. I was gonna make a post about it tomorrow. What are people up for this week? I think a lot of the people who did Ultima HM last Friday wanted to start the ex relic train so maybe we could start with Garuda ex this time around? Or maybe devote a good chunk of time to Titan ex for whoever needs it. It sucked we didn't get the win last week.

LowParry

Would anyone who's ilvl 85+ like to do some Good King Moogle EX farming for some ribbons? I don't see much of this posted up on the party finder on the server and the duty finder I've had no success of actually getting in on. I'm not sure of a date of when to get this going. Just seeing how many would be interested in doing this for an evening.

Ken

Well yes but I only did it because I wanted a stronger MNK weapon. But now I'm in a static and can just save the soldiery for the weapon but now I figure I can use the atma to upgrade my WHM or even SMN weapon but now I just hate myself...=p

just get t6 headpiece and you're good to go for awhile

Wilsongt

Ooh new thread. Personally for 2.3 I'm looking forward to more Hildibrand (and of course what's the deal with Ramuh/Shiva). Wonder if they'll stealth-update Revenant's Toll some more. Oh and the BLM changes, because I'm considering hopping on board the relic train for the third time.

Might have to piggyback off of others' SCH UI suggestions too, because mine is a mess (too many buttons yo). My SMN UI / UI in general probably could use work, but here it is:

Also I have some macro questions: I've got pet aoe joined with bane, and I put contagion with heel to try force it, but do other summoners have better ideas for those?

I always keep Ruru on obey. What I do if there is are large mobs is put up my DoTs, Contagion, bane them around, Use Rouse or Spur and her AoE attack.

BLCKATK

My body isn't :(

I've been in a mood to clear out some of my backlog. This patch will only demolish that feeling!

Yeah I've been playing some PS2 JRPGs when I'm not playing the game, but I've been itching to really dive back into this game. Kinda sucks when you log in but you aren't as engaged. 2.3 is bringing a lot of content that I'm interested in though.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any tips for tanking groups where mobs like to stay spread apart? It's an area where I feel I'm still quite sloppy since mobs like casters like to stay spread out and turret away, so I'm not keeping aggro on them as well as I'd like.

Apoptomon

I always keep Ruru on obey. What I do if there is are large mobs is put up my DoTs, Contagion, bane them around, Use Rouse or Spur and her AoE attack.

Cheers. Sounds good, and while I do always use Obey I'll just have to get more comfortable with juggling everything manually and rely less on finicky macros.
And also remember that Blizzard 2 and Miasma 2 exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom