• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

isHfncNvzXaTu.png

I WIN.

the new halloween barding looks amazing! :3

It is!

iammeiam

How harder is T7 ~ T9, compared to T6?

7 is pretty bad in that it's really, really easy to make unrecoverable mistakes for just about anyone in the party. If you have members who aren't capable of consistently pulling off the mechanics, you're screwed unless you hit a magical run with favorable RNG.

8 is kind of brain dead easy if you have a plan, everyone sticks to it, and you yell at the people who forget. You can mess up a bit (especially given current overgearing) and it's not a wipe, but you do need to assign people roles to handle stuff.

9 I can't say. Will probably be another T5 and take months of DF/PF until nerfs, echo, and gear let you survive crap you shouldn't.. Super golem tho, so at least that's entertaining.

Ken

7 is pretty bad in that it's really, really easy to make unrecoverable mistakes for just about anyone in the party. If you have members who aren't capable of consistently pulling off the mechanics, you're screwed unless you hit a magical run with favorable RNG.

8 is kind of brain dead easy if you have a plan, everyone sticks to it, and you yell at the people who forget. You can mess up a bit (especially given current overgearing) and it's not a wipe, but you do need to assign people roles to handle stuff.

9 I can't say. Will probably be another T5 and take months of DF/PF until nerfs, echo, and gear let you survive crap you shouldn't.. Super golem tho, so at least that's entertaining.

How about Turn Marriage Application.

Tiops

T7 sounds fun.

I read a guide and it seems to have less shit to worry about (no blighted + hornet + bulb in the middle at the same time), but one screw up = wipe. Is that correct?

Anno

Is there any way to start using my account through Steam instead of the launcher? Or does Steam just open that launcher? I'd like to have it all in once place if possible and not use the 'add a game' thing.

Semper88

T6 is a joke

T7 will be a pain in the ass, most get stuck here. Unrecoverable insta kill mechanics

T8 a nice breeze after T7, with good dps and someone calling the towers its relaxing.

T9.. Well i cleared it last night and my guess that its gonna be way worse then T5.

The best of luck to you.

Go find a good static or T6 is all you'll be doing :)

How harder is T7 ~ T9, compared to T6?

It depends entirely on how coordinated your party is and how quickly you learn and eventually master scripted encounters. I'd say that from easiest to hardest, T6 > T7 = T8 > T9.

I think T6 is kind of the odd man out as it feels like more of a traditional boss encounter, while T7 to T9 are extremely heavily focused on managing instant-death mechanics and following a script as a party. (You only kill yourself if you move during Blighted Bouquet in T6, but you will kill your party if you voice/shriek on them in T7, screw up towers or mismanage Allagan Field in T8, or mismanage pretty much any of the various mechanics in T9.) T9 is certainly the hardest in that it feels like learning two or three different fights rather than one single encounter, kind of like a boss rush.

You shouldn't get disheartened though, because honestly, the cliche about it being like riding a bike is pretty true. Once you get it, the difficulty drops off pretty substantially. To give an example, I ran T9 with a group of mixed people I hadn't run it with before with the exception of a couple of static members last night. Some had cleared and some hadn't cleared (the latter including me) last night, and it seemed like we all used different strategies normally, but despite that, because we also all knew the fight pretty well, we were able to get to close to the end of the fight before we had to call it a day. So yeah, like riding a bike: you'll fall off a lot, get some nasty scrapes, but eventually you'll get it, even if you're riding someone else's bike and the saddle isn't raised the way you normally have it. Or if you DF the bike and there is no saddle.

Comically, I was wearing the wrong gear and kept missing Blizzard 3s before I realised what was going on
It was 3 in the morning

Drac

The best T8 clear of my group was with a LB3 Tank.

Second set of triple towers,
Smn (raid lead): "'Kay I take this mine"
Me: "Dude, you had allagan field !!!"
Smn: "Oh shit..."
Whm: "Use LB3 tank !"
Sch proceeds to instant summon Eos instead of selene, all def buff ups (think T9 end of P2)
Tank cast LB
Allagan field explodes, everyone sit at around 1k hp
All raid: poker face for 5s
Me: "well that wasn't so bad ?..."

and we killed it without further incident. I regret not recording it :(

T7 is easy if you handle phase transition correctly. We wiped quite a lot because of that in the beginning. But the stop DPS makes this fight a snore fest for us now... Can't wait to skip it when second coil is unlocked.

As said before, T8 is easy as long as you stick to the plan.

T9 is T9. Lot of shit can (and will) go wrong. You iron out the problems as they occurred, well that's how my group did it anyway. Took us 2 months but we're scrubs :p.

iammeiam

How about Turn Marriage Application.

Not even MAXIMUM ECHO can help there.

T7 sounds fun.

I read a guide and it seems to have less shit to worry about (no blighted + hornet + bulb in the middle at the same time), but one screw up = wipe. Is that correct?

It depends on what your role is maybe? Blighted+hornet+bulb is annoying, but I'd take it over awkward Renaud spawn+shriek+grape jelly. Rafflesia also only stacks all that stuff together for one phase, then drops it all; Mel tosses out voice/shriek the whole fight, and then adds Petrifaction in the final phase, and if you don't or can't 4 stack renauds are constant. Rafflesia only has one phase push to worry about (no honey out on leafstorm), whereas every push on Melusine should be timed.

Tiops

It's interesting how many people still have problems with T5. It's a really easy fight now, but people still mess up at Divebombs and Twisters.

I have absolutely no problem with T6 now, none of the wipes yesterday was my fault, but there's always someone dying (especially melee DPS) to blghted or not killing stuff fast enough.

aceface

It's interesting how many people still have problems with T5. It's a really easy fight now, but people still mess up at Divebombs and Twisters.

I have absolutely no problem with T6 now, none of the wipes yesterday was my fault, but there's always someone dying (especially melee DPS) to blghted or not killing stuff fast enough.

If you're MT the toughest part for you in T7 and T8 will be boredom. That, or not getting annoyed while the rest of your party causes wipes.

Stuart444

I haven't tried T5 yet (not been playing the game much recently though starting to more).

I'll probably try it once I get the main story/hildebrand quests out of the way (want them done before 2.4 next week). At least with lots of people having trouble with it, I won't be out of place practicing in a DF group :p

Tiops

If you're MT the toughest part for you in T7 and T8 will be boredom. That, or not getting annoyed while the rest of your party causes wipes.
I'm OT. And I'm good at not getting annoyed, except on ridiculous screw ups (like healers dying at blighted bouquet).

hitgirl

Watched the trailer for the expansion. I think it's funny that Ishgard is still not unlocked, i remember like years ago sitting out front of it with Dega and saying well it's already here so they should unlock it soon.

dcye

Watched the trailer for the expansion. I think it's funny that Ishgard is still not unlocked, i remember like years ago sitting out front of it with Dega and saying well it's already here so they should unlock it soon.

They also, like, completely remade the game and all the environments.

When are you coming back Guy? Hopefully by 2.4 so I can circle you on my new $25 Slepinir mount!

>:C

guy quit too? i guess it's true, the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

we were so beautiful guy

might be back as a filthy casual lizard for expansion

I just missed you so much that I followed you to Destiny.
And now haven't played in like a week after how bad Iron Banner was.

B-Dex

Lmao was wondering if they were going to start that already with this event. So that confirms then that you either play while the event is being held that year, or get fucked and have to buy them on the shop if you want them.

This was already said during the live letter including pictures. Dunno why it's a surprise.

iammeiam

Turn 7-8 is really not that bad, imo. People overreacting. :p

I know it's not a progression content discussion without somebody saying how easy it is, but the context of the question seemed to be PUGing 7/8/9 vs 6.

The differences in phase changes between two statics can be confusing (slight timing changes making things line up differently), I don't think it's overreacting to say PUG T7 with constantly rotating lineups is a world of hurt.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I got the Guildworks e-mail this morning and didn't have a chance to check it out. It seems super useful, almost a little bit too much. I do wonder if Square-Enix will see it as innocous or not.

Things it does from what I had seen:

Will text you when your Duty is up. (Super useful for me since I have headphones for sound).

Will text you when a hunt pops with the name and location of the mob.

Stuart444

I got the Guildworks e-mail this morning and didn't have a chance to check it out. It seems super useful, almost a little bit too much. I do wonder if Square-Enix will see it as innocous or not.

Things it does from what I had seen:

Will text you when your Duty is up. (Super useful for me since I have headphones for sound).

Will text you when a hunt pops with the name and location of the mob.

http://guildwork.com/client

List of everything it does ^

Semper88

I know it's not a progression content discussion without somebody saying how easy it is, but the context of the question seemed to be PUGing 7/8/9 vs 6.

The differences in phase changes between two statics can be confusing (slight timing changes making things line up differently), I don't think it's overreacting to say PUG T7 with constantly rotating lineups is a world of hurt.

Yep, its defenitly a world of hurt and everlasting agony.

I think lots of people are going to be stuck there with a few expetions. T7 is a brick wall for most, timing is essential like you said. Pushing or Holding dps can make a big difference in surviving or wiping. But i think they will nerf T7 quite hard when the new coils come out or later on.

Caelestis

It's just people used to say the same thing with first coil and it didn't turn out too bad with pugging. I think once buffs/new gear come in and people will massively pug it there will be an established way for everyone to do it. All the current differences won't matter anymore. Since it's very doable already it can only get easier.

Demoskinos

If you have an actual static T7 isnt that bad as long as everyone pays attention to voices. Which we have someone dedicated to yelling when voices go out. I think the hardest part is getting the timing to sync up in a way that makes transitioning to the last phase easy.

For our group we hold DPS at around 36% to wait for the voices/shriek before continuing to the last add. Having to deal with the final add+voices & shriek can be a nightmare. So making sure the timing lines up that well have the last add down before a new set of voices is key.

gryvan

This is too true...6,7,8,9 was boring as heck so I opted to call out a lot of things for people to curb my boredom

iammeiam

It's just people used to say the same thing with first coil and it didn't turn out too bad with pugging. I think once buffs/new gear come in and people will massively pug it there will be an established way for everyone to do it. All the current differences won't matter anymore. Since it's very doable already it can only get easier.

T7 is weird though in that gear/echo won't help. Renauds hit way too hard to outgear, and the one shots are just insta kill. Coordination isn't a strong point in PUGs, and T7 doesn't have the exploitable enrage mechanic people used to get around having to coordinate rot passing in T2. 6 and 8 will benefit greatly from echo/gear, but not so much 7 unless they nerf it hard. Which they will do! But current T7 is not random PUG friendly IMO, and I'm not clear from the live letter if nerfs are coming before or after echo.

I'm still looking forward to DF SCOB, because it's going to be hilarious. Almost guaranteed to not be the worst in every group. \o/

studyguy

T7 voices not being instakill will basically alleviate like half the difficulty.
If you can take a fireball to the face without blowing up immediately while stoned then most else is cake once renauds are set.

The crowd didn't seem happy when they mentioned that, who cares though. Next coil exists to beat people up.
We'll see what Mr. D brings this time. Did they actually show who it was designing this or do we only have Mr. D to go off of?

The concert was really awesome live, it probably didn't seem that way on a stream. Actually it just occurred to me that having actually been there, it will probably be underwhelming to watch the streams of the London and Tokyo events.

Except watching the Primals perform the Shiba song in Tokyo. I'll watch that.

studyguy

The concert was really awesome live, it probably didn't seem that way on a stream. Actually it just occurred to me that having actually been there, it will probably be underwhelming to watch the streams of the London and Tokyo events.

Except watching the Primals perform the Shiba song in Tokyo. I'll watch that.

I was watching the stream with a couple people, it was pretty fucking great.
Koji-Fox really hit it out of the park.

That random dude who came up during garuda though. Nope.
camby.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
T7 voices not being instakill will basically alleviate like half the difficulty.
If you can take a fireball to the face without blowing up immediately while stoned then most else is cake once renauds are set.

No, this is awful! Previously if somebody got stoned them dying is a good thing. Imagine if they got stone facing the whole arena but there's no way they can die, next they get the following voice and then it's over, you won't get killed right away, but it's a wipe anyway.

studyguy

No, this is awful! Previously if somebody got stoned them dying is a good thing. Imagine if they got stone facing the whole arena but there's no way they can die, next they get the following voice and then it's over, you won't get killed right away, but it's a wipe anyway.

Depends if it can be esuna'd or not.
They mentioned toning down the voices so we'll see I guess.
It could be like the old ADS paralysis where it used to last ages and was terrible.
Now it only lasts a few seconds and can be esuna'd off.

Frazley

Just got my artbook from Amazon Japan. Can confirm the minion code DOES work on NA accounts. Now to load up my game tonight and see mini-Cid!

The artbook is an impressive quality and very well made.

Now just need Garlond Goggles (please be in cash-shop!), go splurging in the cash shop next Tuesday and get a Delivery Moogle. Just saw someone in Gridania with one and the thing looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom