• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

any pictures of the cash shop minions and sleipnir?
i can see myself buying sleipnir if it's less than 10 dollars, maybe 15 tops

Ken

any pictures of the cash shop minions and sleipnir?
i can see myself buying sleipnir if it's less than 10 dollars, maybe 15 tops

mmm it's towards the end of the live letter link i posted right above yours . they had slides for the new items

Ken

dear WHMs

can you teach me when to use medica vs medica 2 besides the obvious "dont medica 2 when adds are about to come out"

the HOT on medica2 just seems like way better value in situations without adds, and the difference in potency on the initial heals isn't too big?

Wilsongt

dear WHMs

can you teach me when to use medica vs medica 2 besides the obvious "dont medica 2 when adds are about to come out"

the HOT on medica2 just seems like way better value in situations without adds, and the difference in potency on the initial heals isn't too big?

What you said. Don't use it before pulls or adds.

it's just that easy?!

what about cure 3 vs medica 1? is cure 3 the preferred aoe heal when party is stacked?

Well if people have Medica 2 buff already, there's no need to re-use it, Medica 1 at that point since it has better potency. Cure 3 is better than Medica 1 if people are stacked but a precast Medica II still helps since the HoT is still good.

Alucrid

Banned
When are you coming back Guy? Hopefully by 2.4 so I can circle you on my new $25 Slepinir mount!

guy quit too? i guess it's true, the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

we were so beautiful guy

might be back as a filthy casual lizard for expansion

also, how does ken not know how to heal as a whm, even i remember that shit. cure 2 all day

Tabris

it's just that easy?!

I can only bring up an example from our group I know since I don't play WHM. But our healer used to use Medica II on Megaflare during Nael Phase 2/3 so whenever ghost add would pop, it would run after her, which can be annoying when it pops away from shield lob range and you're trying to DPS Nael as much as possible. Now it's easy mode as our healer casts medica II like a couple seconds before megaflare so it falls off right before add pops.

So I guess moral of the story is timing is key with that move. Know when adds are popping and use before or after tank has shield lobbed. Or I guess use shroud? But our healer said they used it before for MP.

It would be nice if healer could cancel Medica II like any buff and have it turn off for the group.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Medica 1 should be used when you need larger aoe heals right now and you know the party can't wait until all the ticks go through like on double meteor stream.

Re Slippery Slope. It‘s not something nebulous on the horizon, it is already there. Direct result of successful fantasia sales no doubt. Preciously Seasonal items of previous years were available for gil (Moonfaire, DQX) now it's in the cash shop. Instead of having to be there just fork over. Previously special mounrs were rare trophies arguably stimulating repeated clears. Now there's Sleipnir. It is already changing the way these rewards are gonna be perceived. Now I nay trust Yoshida to keep the balance, but I don‘ t trust people above him.

And just because CE was essentially the same thing doesn't make two wrongs a right. People gave Nintendo a huge pass when they started to add paid DLC to their ganes and now we ended up with a Nintendo published game that has day one updates, preorder DLC and a bona fide season pass.

I say the paranoia is warranted.

Zakalwe

Banned
I haven't played this since the pvp was first added. I know a lot must have changed since that update, but if you were trying to convince someone to return to the game, which three new features added since then would you list to tempt them?

Thanks.

Ken

i like shiva's theme

it makes me feel kawaii

it's way better than that snoozesong they call ramuh theme

iWwpyUWdP5r3f.png

IT'S HAPPENING

Semper88

I wonder.. did they lower the difficulty on the final coil to get more people to raid?

I really hope they didn't because T9 was fun but disappointing in terms of difficulty.

I can only bring up an example from our group I know since I don't play WHM. But our healer used to use Medica II on Megaflare during Nael Phase 2/3 so whenever ghost add would pop, it would run after her, which can be annoying when it pops away from shield lob range and you're trying to DPS Nael as much as possible. Now it's easy mode as our healer casts medica II like a couple seconds before megaflare so it falls off right before add pops.

So I guess moral of the story is timing is key with that move. Know when adds are popping and use before or after tank has shield lobbed. Or I guess use shroud? But our healer said they used it before for MP.

It would be nice if healer could cancel Medica II like any buff and have it turn off for the group.

Or you could take advantage of the HoTs taking aggro. Cure III on megaflare, then Medica II right as heavensfall hits. Right after heavensfall, have your WHM stand next to PLD. When Ghost spawns, PLD casts cover on the WHM. Ghost should run towards WHM/PLD direction due to HoTs and the PLD can easily take it off of the WHM without needing to move a single step and even if the PLD is slow, the WHM won't be in any danger due to cover. The WHM can just stand there and focus on healing the PLD the entire time.

Semper88

Or you could take advantage of the HoTs taking aggro. Cure III on megaflare, then Medica II right as heavensfall hits. Right after heavensfall, have your WHM stand next to PLD. When Ghost spawns, PLD casts cover on the WHM. Ghost should run towards WHM/PLD direction due to HoTs and the PLD can easily take it off of the WHM without needing to move a single step and even if the PLD is slow, the WHM won't be in any danger due to cover. The WHM can just stand there and focus on healing the PLD the entire time.

I'm playing dps WAR in T9 and my OT job's are tanking a golem and the wyvern.

Its safer to let the WAR grab it as soon as it lands. Pop vengeance, get some enmity and trow a inner beast on it so you got loads of reduction and then burn it down and BLM LB3 and thats it.

I'm playing dps WAR in T9 and my OT job's are tanking a golem and the wyvern.

Its safer to let the WAR grab it as soon as it lands. Pop vengeance, get some enmity and trow a inner beast on it so you got loads of reduction and then burn it down and BLM LB3 and thats it.

Eh, it's unnecessary for OT to do anything but DPS / apply storm's path. Ghost will always target and run towards WHM first due to HoTs and using cure I / cure II on PLD. With debuffs like storm's path, virus, and E4E, the PLD can tank both Nael and Ghost. With both healers (or even just solo healing) only needing to focus on PLD, he won't be in danger of dying especially if you caster LB3 right when Ghost spawns since it will only get around 2 attacks off before LB3 hits it and causes it to use binding chains. The WAR leaving to grab the add just means you lose some DPS during a phase where it's a DPS check to push her to final phase before the second add.

Semper88

Eh, it's unnecessary for OT to do anything but DPS / apply storm's path. Ghost will always target and run towards WHM first due to HoTs and using cure I / cure II on PLD. With debuffs like storm's path, virus, and E4E, the PLD can tank both Nael and Ghost. With both healers (or even just solo healing) only needing to focus on PLD, he won't be in danger of dying especially if you caster LB3 right when Ghost spawns since it will only get around 2 attacks off before LB3 hits it and causes it to use binding chains. The WAR leaving to grab the add just means you lose some DPS during a phase where it's a DPS check to push her to final phase before the second add.

Could be done like that yet our dps is very high (even without me doing about 275-300) we do not have any trouble pushing the phase. Might be better to do it like that if your dps isn't high enough that i can imagine as most groups struggle on dps.

I guess there are multiple ways to Rome, just a matter of which one provides the right path to the kill :)

dcye

I wonder.. did they lower the difficulty on the final coil to get more people to raid?

I really hope they didn't because T9 was fun but disappointing in terms of difficulty.

Nah, it would have been noticed. Gear got better and people learned the fight. Once you know the choreography the dance is easy as long as you're focused.

Could be done like that yet our dps is very high (even without me doing about 275-300) we do not have any trouble pushing the phase. Might be better to do it like that if your dps isn't high enough that i can imagine as most groups struggle on dps.

I guess there are multiple ways to Rome, just a matter of which one provides the right path to the kill :)

Yeah, it's pretty much for maximizing dps during that phase which has helped us push the phase back before we had our first clear and had much worse gear. This is the same advice I'll give to groups that are still working in T9 that are struggling to get a clean transition into final phase.

There's many ways to do T9, so it will always come down to whatever the group is most comfortable with.

ThinFinn

I guess this is the last week to grab that HA bard pants before 2.4 hits. *Hints RnG gods

Welp, my recolouring didn't work. Went from Coral Pink to Grape Purple instead of Soot Black. I need 2 × Berries, 3 × Apples, 5 × Pears according to the chocobo calculator.

When feeding the first batch a bunch of the feed didn't get me the message about new feathers =/

That's a shame. I personally have not tried feeding from any color except desert yellow. Better luck next time!

Kind of a tedious event but fun at the same time. Outfit is awesome

Yep, really impressed with the eerie set. I can see myself working the individual pieces to match other glamours.

Tiops

Almost beat T6 yesterday :(

Way better group than The last one I tried. The DPS actually killed the bulbs in time (though I had to help with the DPS sometimes).

We still have some problems in third phase and one of the healers got killed by blighted way too much (and blamed lag every time), but we're getting there. We got Rafflesia to 10%, but the healers couldn't keep the tanks alive. We'll beat it today, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom