• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

he's our darth vader. He may have fell now, but in the end he'll fulfill the prophecy

mkgBa.jpg

studyguy

wat?

Hopefully my casual group makes it to T9 today, we stopped at 20% after someone decided it was a good idea to walk into a tower that didn't need charging D:
Very proud of them otherwise for putting in so much effort in such a small amount of time.

wat?

Hopefully my casual group makes it to T9 today, we stopped at 20% after someone decided it was a good idea to walk into a tower that didn't need charging D:
Very proud of them otherwise for putting in so much effort in such a small amount of time.

Tell Silvy to get gud.

Tiops

I tried doing Levi EX via Duty Finder. We didn't do well in our first try. People complained and left.

I'll never understand this game's players. Seriously. Who waits 1 hour on queue for Duty Finder and expects people to win on first try?

iammeiam

I tried doing Levi EX via Duty Finder. We didn't do well in our first try. People complained and left.

I'll never understand this game's players. Seriously. Who waits 1 hour on queue for Duty Finder and expects people to win on first try?

I've been running DF Levi a bit the past few days (must reclaim honor after FALLING OFF WAT), and I think it's an unfortunate situation of being mostly new people in key roles/too many new people. I haven't been in one that abandoned after one attempt, but there have been a few where it just clearly wasn't happening by the third or fourth attempt (if we have 15% echo and aren't skipping any dives, it is bad news.) If you're consistently down a healer by the mid-point, or half the DPS is dying before the rails come off, or the OT doesn't understand stun-locking (or pops Hallowed Ground too late four runs in a row) it's just not going to happen.

It's usually the tanks or healers that give up first, though, because aren't waiting an hour and eating the half-hour DF penalty is shorter than finishing out the attempts.

Haven't had a successful group yet, though, which is unfortunate because I think DF Levi is in worse shape now than immediately post-2.3.

I beat Leviathan EX in DF and it wasn't too bad, but as usual with DF, it's all about the luck of finding the right DF people. I beat T5 in DF in only 2 groups, Mog EX in one group(though we did fail to kill it several times, ran out of time and had to requeue, but since it was like 6AM US time, we got the same exact group after requeued and killed it on first try) and Ifrit EX in one group.

For Levi, I did a few PF and DF before I found the right people, and yeah you can tell very early if the group is killing it or not. Like Titan, Leviathan deaths are unrecoverable in many cases(well mostly if anyone dies and doesn't get rezed before the boat flip or if they during it/get pushed by the crappy dives). If people are incapable of dodging the very first one 3-4 tries in a row, there's no way they're going to dodge it later in the fight when it gets more and more chaotic.

I don't leave after a single wipe though, sometimes people are rusty, sometimes people aren't paying attention to the first run and so on, so whatever. If someone died 3pulls in a row to an unrecoverable death mechanic, there's not much else to do, unless the DPS is good enough that one less doesn't matter but if it's a healer or a tank, well that's that pretty much. Titan EX was pretty similar, if people are dying before the heart phase repeatedly, then you're pretty much not going to get it done with them, unless you can somehow do it with them dead, cause they're sure to be dead by the time the real fight starts or soon after.

Teknoman

More or less.

What's more annoying is when people leave on duties where the group almost wins but ends in a wipe and one more shot could seal the victory.

But nope. instead it's a rage quit

I honestly don't know what's up with players determination these days. They put all that "never give up" and so on in our face with the story, and it's even a damn stat, yet people give up at first loss, or just get aggravated at first mistake.

One thing I'll say about xi is that the general population at least tried to stay strong for a few shots...and that was with exp loss mechanics.

Tiops

Ok, just got in a Levi EX party with Duty Finder and we beat it with 5% echo. It's pretty easy, now I understand quitters even less.

I died at 10% hp (body slam lol) and the party was probably well geared, but still. With 20% this must be a joke.

studyguy

This festival has given me the perspective of a potato-kin temporarily.
I now understand what it means to be tiny in XIV.
It's terrible.

rubius01

Sigh, If I threaten to quit, all I would get would be a chorus of 'meh' and riou saying that finally we can get rid of that suck-ass not paying attention bard.

but little does he know, no bard pays attention

Ken

Lol, perusing through the art book, the Noct headpiece was originally supposed to be the Roe helmet thing coming in 2.4 (the one shown with the glasses).

Oh wow, Daystar had a pope hat.

BadRNG

Lol, perusing through the art book, the Noct headpiece was originally supposed to be the Roe helmet thing coming in 2.4 (the one shown with the glasses).
Noct is tank set. That is Mistbeard's mask. Mistbeard was a pirate. AKA a Corsair.

Corsair confirmed tank class.

Tabris

Sigh, If I threaten to quit, all I would get would be a chorus of 'meh' and riou saying that finally we can get rid of that suck-ass not paying attention bard.

but little does he know, no bard pays attention

No way. You're the Luke of the group. You're just a farm kid from a far off place (Texas) who's still learning to become a Jedi Master. Gotta give you time to develop!

Moara - Chewie (MNK RAWR. Mic is broken so I bet if he talked it would sound like Chewie)
Asami - Han Solo (acts cocky but will be there for the kids)
Ultima - Old Ben (cause he's on old ass PS3)
Skoje - Luke (learning to be a jedi master)
V'rius - Lando (that smooth talking mofo)
Riou - Darth Vader (the mean guy)

Uhm... That would make Korra and Tirazel the C3P0 and R2D2 of the group :) Unless one of you wants to be Leia instead? :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No way. You're the Luke of the group. You're just a farm kid from a far off place (Texas) who's still learning to become a Jedi Master. Gotta give you time to develop!

Moara - Chewie (MNK RAWR. Mic is broken so I bet if he talked it would sound like Chewie)

Uhm... That would make Korra and Tirazel the C3P0 and R2D2 of the group :) Unless one of you wants to be Leia instead? :)

Korra wants to be Leia.

Deacon

Dunno how I feel about being Lando.

Can I freeze Asami in T7 and take his place?

This is impossible because in the end Darth Vader turned back to the Light and threw the Emperor into the pit thing.

You're more like Sheev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom