• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

I suspect the first Heavensward trailer will be at the jp fanfestival.

We'll have some jobs/misc info in London at least.
(hope they'll change system and get rid of 'classes' finally... ff11 advanced jobs ahoy)

dcye

It allows you to chat with people in game and get told when hunts are up and stuff.

Using it screams "ban" imo.

The chat stuff has been in the app for ages, I've been using it for about 6 months now I think. The weather, hunt and light stuff is all new though. I'm not worried tbh.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
SE has been poor with English VA direction for a long time now.

I don't agree. ARR though is really terrible in that regards, but really, really, really terrible. 1997/2000 first voice acted games level of terrible. XIII is on another level, don't even try to compare them please.

I don't agree. ARR though is really terrible in that regards, but really, really, really terrible. 1997/2000 first voice acted games level of terrible. XIII is on another level, don't even try to compare them please.

I don't think you really played some of those Playstation RPG's of lore, they had some ear terrifying bad voice acting. XIV's doesn't even come close. Please stop grasping

Ken

ib26KdD72Ti4xS.png

THE FINAL WEEK BEFORE 2.4

Kyari

London Streaming Access:
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3db5eaaee36a9c3b7a60b51237be077a1a581815

It seems very interesting as events.

10:30 – 12:00: Opening Ceremony / Keynote (Premium Stream Only)
13:00 – 14:00: Q&A with the development team
14:15 – 15:00: Live Q&A with special guest
16:00 – 17:00: Trailer Developer Panel
17:10 – 17:40: Live interview with special guests
18:00 – 19:00: Costume Contest
20:00 – 21:00: Closing Ceremony (Premium Stream Only)

Trailer? :eek:

No live letter for London? :(

Eldren

Is that 90min opening ceremony/keynote panel where they'll be discussing the new classes/jobs? Or the development team Q&A I suppose. I subbed for the Vegas panel at the last minute and I'm glad I did so I'll do it again for the London and Tokyo streams. Even if there's nothing super exclusive in the keynote the HD and archives are nice. Also the times for the London show are much better for me. 10:30 on a Saturday morning, that's perfect.

If anyone wants a moogle outfit code, shoot me a pm already claimed

Am I pretty well off to be lv. 25 with my Lancer and have 125k Gil atm?

Not sure exactly how the economy is just yet. I am not in a company or anything yet. Just off doing my own thing. Making a ton off crafting mainly. Also selling some Rares from dungeon running.

dramatis

glamour/minions/mounts/bardings is serious business if look at how much time people spend in aquiring it. it's part of this games core design. we have quest chains dedicated to useless items. minions, mounts, glamour. look at those beast tribe quests. this game is very stingy with giving people power to grow their character. ex dungeons are littered with glamour items. frontlines biggest draw is glamour and a mount. hunts have a crazy expensive glamour set. i've seen people hunting for weeks just to get those sets. i'm sure people are still hunting today to get everything.

coil 6-8 also pretty much turned into a glamour dungeon after the hunts patch. weeks later the same happened with nexus. once you reach a power cap, all you have left to do is the hunt for useless items. the power cap is very easy to reach, especially for successful raiders. i'm aware not everyone is part of a super raiding team. in that case, it's easier to reach your personal power cap. what will you do in this game then, cancel sub? no, some will start hunting those items "for fun".

gotta say it's shitty what they did with those event items as well. i always felt they were there for dedicated players. you're there for the event or you aren't.
You're conflating the rewards with the actual game. By no means are glamour/minions/mounts/bardings part of the game's core design. If you took out all of those things you will still have a functional game. Dungeon gear, raid gear, and currency gear would be used for their stats; the looks are secondary. People spend a lot of time on obtaining such items because they are extra motivations. And you yourself admit that people set their own personal power cap and hunt vanity meaning it is an optional activity. The question is if the 'fun' of vanity items is so significant that a cash shop with cosmetic items are destroying the game.

Let's move on already. There will be players who think of the vanity rewards as the game itself, and there's no helping that.

Valor

I know expanding the ranks is important and all, but do you really want to recruit Galen?

You're just nervous about how drop dead cute my Lala-forme would be. It's okay to feel these things. It's normal.

I actually had a lalalt saved just in case.

LaneDS

Discovered the joy of PS4 to Vita Remote Play last night while I tried to level up miner for a bit. Took a fair bit of struggling with the controls (I primarily play on PC and mapping DS4 to Vita adds an extra layer of confusing) but once I got a few things down that's a really cool experience. Obviously would be terrible for anything remotely challenging but just from a tech perspective I was impressed.

Semi-related note, if anyone has any recommended resources to share to guide someone forward with crafting or gathering professions, I'd appreciate it. Looked through a few I found but nothing really resonated with me and if there's a semi-agreed upon guide or guides, that'd be rad.

CDJapan just charged another $21 on top of my book order because of the weight increase. Now the total is $90 for a goddamn book. It's better worth the money.

Re-subbed yesterday and started updates on my PC and PS4 before going to bed. Dunno when I'll be on tonight but I'll be playing casually here and there and will say hi to an FC officer if I need an invite. :)

Stuart444

Re-subbed yesterday and started updates on my PC and PS4 before going to bed. Dunno when I'll be on tonight but I'll be playing casually here and there and will say hi to an FC officer if I need an invite. :)

You don't need to say Hi to anyone.

Just find someone with the GAF tag, and from view company profile when you click them, you can apply to the FC. (assuming you've signed up/applied on the website at least once before)

Teknoman

DF Levi wins again, defeating my group at full echo after 57 minutes. One of the people in my party was a bard that never used Wind Bite and kept spamming Rain of Death/Wide Volley on the tail (A DIFFERENT BARD, NOT ME, NO CLEVER REMARKS THX.) Game needs to let me see /played so I could tell if he was trolling or just didn't know better. Also needs to have a tutorial on the best way to ask people WTF they are doing.

Did anyone in the party give constructive criticism or advice? I know that should seem like a no brainer, but often i've seen people in DF parties just bark at others (since chances are they arent on the same server anyway) instead of giving advice / asking if anyone needs a refresher.

iammeiam

Did anyone in the party give constructive criticism or advice? I know that should seem like a no brainer, but often i've seen people in DF parties just bark at others (since chances are they arent on the same server anyway) instead of giving advice / asking if anyone needs a refresher.

It was actually a really decent group personality-wise for DF; the tanks and healers had queued together (experienced tanks trying to run noob healers through) and were on voice chat, none of the DPS bitched at each other for mistakes, but the only real conversation the party had was when we had what should have been a clear run tanked because nobody LB'd the second set of spumes. If it was jerks I wouldn't have spent the whole hour, because dodge failure all over (I have never seen Cover used so much.) Which is also why I didn't say anything to the bard (that and glass houses/throwing stones); his weird choices weren't what ultimately killed us. I just wish I knew if he was new or just trolling, and have no idea how to best broach the topic.

I dunno. I like DF Levi. I learned I can survive with the converter at 18, but can't survive with it at 8 and tank LB3. Just bummed that group didn't clear because I think at least half the group needed it.

Wilsongt

ARR is hit or miss; there are some good and some bad. It's not early playstation/Sega Saturn level of terrible. If you want terrible, listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3HuuQO4U8

Or anything from Resident Evil.

You get used to the voices in ARR after a while. Also, XIII isn't some bastion of voice acting, either. XII is far superior, outside of tin can compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom