• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Leather, Wootz and Silk are all guaranteed drop from the first coil (cept for T3, that place gets no love).
You can also get them by desynthing allagan gear of course, in larger quantities than just one to boot.
I guess that's one way to get people back in old turns.

WolvenOne

Leather, Wootz and Silk are all guaranteed drop from the first coil (cept for T3, that place gets no love).
You can also get them by desynthing allagan gear of course, in larger quantities than just one to boot.
I guess that's one way to get people back in old turns.

.....Oh, old Coil.

Guess that makes sense.

Time to spam T4, for mad lootz.

Onemic

No cross buy, one purchase per system of choice required to link to the account. If you can manage to find a PS3 version on the cheap, the PS4 version upgrade option still exists btw. But anyway, if you want to play on PC you have to buy a PC version, PS3/PS4 same deal.

Shitty. Oh well, PC only for me then

Ploid 3.0

So Ninja looks like monk with some ranged stuff, a lot of spin moves, and the ability to hide. I left twitch on in the background yesterday, a guy nearly got to 50 before I had to shut everything down. Waiting to see how he does when he use his monk gear and get a ninja weapon. He thought monk was better, but mention one thing about nin, "They hit friggin hard." 500 crits at level 45 or so.

Sorian

Banned
Really, Rogue added nothing to the cross class pool?

Not even Goad? That would've been a wonderful cross class skill for monks and DRG's.

How could they? It would be an unfair addition. Everyone gets cross class from two other jobs. Either they let some get a third job or they take away a job with skills that are probably in use.

Edit: I can't find who the T12 boss is and I'm extremely curious now. Can someone shoot me a PM?

WolvenOne

How could they? It would be an unfair addition. Everyone gets cross class from two other jobs. Either they let some get a third job or they take away a job with skills that are probably in use.

That wouldn't really be unfair, so much as unorthadox, and adding classes before expansions is already pretty unorthadox.

Note: It wouldn't really be unfair, because the number of skills each class can equip from other classes, remains unchanged. It'd only add a tiny bit more flexibility, and that was kinda the idea behind cross class skills in the first place. Mind you, I would just assume get rid of the two sub-job rule entirely. I mean, as a Warrior, I'd really love access to Invigorate, Keen Flurry, or Raging Strikes. That'd likely make the game a lot harder to balance though.

Edit: I can't find who the T12 boss is and I'm extremely curious now. Can someone shoot me a PM?

Yeah...me too. Shoot me a PM I you find out.

There is a reddit thread about the data mined t12 and t13 boss

WolvenOne

It's a balancing issue. Unorthodox would be selling that issue extremely short. It gives a power advantage to specific classes.

Not really. It appears that most of Ninja skills are combo's, that need other moves to really fully utilize. Goad is the only skill I can see, that'd be of immediate utility to other DPS classes.

Mainly I was just hoping for an additional TP mitigation skill for DPS classes. Bard's aren't always available after all, or Ninja's for that matter.

Sorian

Banned
Not really. It appears that most of Ninja skills are combo's, that need other moves to really fully utilize. Goad is the only skill I can see, that'd be of immediate utility to other DPS classes.

Mainly I was just hoping for an additional TP mitigation skill for DPS classes. Bard's aren't always available after all, or Ninja's for that matter.

Just making sure you are aware, goad can't be used on yourself.

Kenai

What price are Fieldcraft Demimateria III's now?

They were like 130k when I logged out early this morning. They will probably go down further once more people realize there's things you can desynth into FC3 that you can buy from vendors for 6-12k. Mayyyyybe they will stay around 100k for now but I think they might get into BC3 range (50-60k)

So Ninja looks like monk with some ranged stuff, a lot of spin moves, and the ability to hide. I left twitch on in the background yesterday, a guy nearly got to 50 before I had to shut everything down. Waiting to see how he does when he use his monk gear and get a ninja weapon. He thought monk was better, but mention one thing about nin, "They hit friggin hard." 500 crits at level 45 or so.

That SA/TA!

I'd be quite surprised if they had better sustained damaged than a Monk with GL x 3 though. If they did I might actually be scared of them getting a nerf since they do have a significant amount of utility in comparison with Goad and their debuffs. Their burst is probably better than Monk though.

I'm sad that the fat cat minion is only available from fisher retainers.

Miner's had that minecart for awhile so we knew that BTN/FSH retainers would get one too sooner or later.

WolvenOne

Just making sure you are aware, goad can't be used on yourself.

Goad description reads as follows.

"Refreshes TP of a single party member for 30s."

It doesn't mention an inability to use it on yourself. Not that I don't believe you, but without leveling the class myself it's unlikely I would've learned that this early. Doesn't change the fact that you're not always going to have access to Bards or Ninja's though.

Sorian

Banned

It doesn't mention an inability to use it on yourself. Not that I don't believe you, but without leveling the class myself it's unlikely I would've learned that this early. Doesn't change the fact that you're not always going to have access to Bards or Ninja's though.

Whenever it says "a single party member" that means others and not you. It's the same for the BLM spell that raises magic defense. And yes, I have Goad unlocked. Can confirm it's others only.

Edit: and yes, you don't always have access to a bard or ninja so you need to decide if it's important enough to bring one. The answer isn't just to give all utility skills to everyone. BLMs don't need to be healed during meteor streams and can block a T10 mechanic by themselves. If you have one then that's an advantage, if not, oh well.

scy

Then I can tell you that it doesn't work on yourself.

Kenai

It doesn't mention an inability to use it on yourself. Not that I don't believe you, but without leveling the class myself it's unlikely I would've learned that this early.

It's the same as Eye 4 an Eye, can't use that on yourself either. "Erects a magicked barrier around a single party member or pet. Duration: 30s "

it's also part of the reason why Ninjas have access to Invigorate too. if they could Goad themselves there would be no point in them needing it.

studyguy

Oh FatCat is EXCLUSIVE to fisher?
Fucking stupid. I have so many ventures under my Miner's belt and I've never seen the cart. yoshiP, you're killing me.

Kenai

Oh FatCat is EXCLUSIVE to fisher?
Fucking stupid. I have so many ventures under my Miner's belt and I've never seen the cart. yoshiP, you're killing me.

Yep, same as Mincecart + miner (and i was plenty salty about that at the time mind you). I'm more surprised that they made a pet that people would actually want, was sure it would be that fish (which you can just fish up? i guess) Time to pray to rngesus

Make me one, I give you monies.

I need to finish my weaver offhand so I can make that as well...and my botanist and my carpenter stuff, since those two aren't gonna be selected for sealant near as much for awhile. Glad that bear isn't locked behind MC2 books. Debating on if i care enough about Culinarian or not.

LaneDS

Shit, didn't realize it much mattered what job you set for your retainer (in fact doing some looking around online basically said "give them your best old unused gear!").

On a similar note, do the stats on the equipment you give them make any difference? Seems like no, outside of their cumulative ilvl.

WolvenOne

Keep in mind, none of my classes are casters. I cannot think of a single similar skill on DRG, WAR, or PLD, so I can think I can be forgiven for not automatically knowing, "Single party members," automatically excludes the person casting.

And yes, "I need to decide whether having a bard or Ninja is important for a fight." However, I'm trying to put Not a Euphemism back together after some chaos with membership, and finding a bard has been rather difficult. Might be able to get by with a Ninja for Final Coil, maaaaybe, but I might not have access to one of those either.

Basically, even if you're, "looking," for people of a specific class, in a game with so many different battle classes that specific of a party make-up isn't always going to be plausible.

In short, so sue me for wanting slightly more flexibility in party construction.

Sorian

Banned
The flexibility is that anyone can play any class. That's already better than most MMOs where if you want someone to switch jobs they have to build a brand new character and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom