• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Surprised we're not at the next OT yet.

Anyway I'm fully rested after a lovely 14 hours sleep (needed it after that 25 hours + not much sleep for the past week) and ready to get on with the story, completing the new dungeons, etc :D.

Also goal for the next 2 weeks is to get T6 done before the nerfs/echo

WolvenOne

Wow.

The Ultros fight is actually a bit challenging. Mind you, that's mostly because people don't understand mechanics yet, but still! Mechanics that need to be understood to beat a Hilibrand trial...

.... That's amazing! XD

Stuart444

Wow.

The Ultros fight is actually a bit challenging. Mind you, that's mostly because people don't understand mechanics yet, but still! Mechanics that need to be understood to beat a Hilibrand trial...

.... That's amazing! XD

The only challenging bit is the start of the fight really. That said it's because the mechanics take a bit to be fully understood. I think we got it after the 6th or so reset when we were trying everything for that to not happen lol.

I died after the second imp phase, no more imp phases after that but because I was outside the arena, I couldn't be revived :(

Taruranto

I actually managed to beat him without getting the mechanics right, the DPS in my party didn't discover what to do and we beat him by sheer of luck by exploiting the jump fuction. ._.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Regarding Shiva's moves, do you just assign position for people to spread? 2 in each isle, one person closer one farther, and then for when aoes cover the entire arena you just stack in the middle and take it like a champ?

iammeiam

I personally like to drag my AOE on top of somebody else who has the marker, then panic, run back into mid so I don't kill us both, and die.

mileS

Almost scared to make a ninja coming back after a long break. I have a feeling it will be a struggle to get invited to groups.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Managed to get Rogue to 10 in the short time I was able to play so far. Perhaps it is just me but the class feels weird. Unlike MNK/DRG, ROG attacks register on the first hit then cycles through the entire animation. After being used to seeing the "hit" on the last attack, this feels a bit off to me. I'm using to flowing into the next attack after seeing the hit, but here it feels like I'm waiting for the long animation to finish. Strange.

Also, while the animations are good, they are a bit much. WTF with Mutilate?

TheMink

Managed to get Rogue to 10 in the short time I was able to play so far. Perhaps it is just me but the class feels weird. Unlike MNK/DRG, ROG attacks register on the first hit then cycles through the entire animation. After being used to seeing the "hit" on the last attack, this feels a bit off to me. I'm using to flowing into the next attack after seeing the hit, but here it feels like I'm waiting for the long animation to finish. Strange.

I noticed the same thing, I kinda like it. When chasing enemies with DRG you will do the full animation before realizing its to far away haha.

-

I've never used macros, but now that it's pointed out to me putting those 20% attacks on a macro makes sense so that you can always pop them right away.
If anything it will just free space on my main crossbar.

Taruranto

Getting Ultros minion will be the hardest feat of 2.4.

Lol 10 poetics from S rank.

Hopefully they'll fix that. It's a shame to see the best content in the game nerfed for instanced dungeons.

Also the prices for 100 gears on hunt vendor are kinda bananas.

TheMink

Also target enemy into the macro of most attacks seems like a good idea. I'm not sure why though. Maybe it makes more sense on PC.

Klyka

Banned

If you look closely you will see that some of the rogue attacks actually hit multiple times.
At least that's what it looks like for mine.

Reknoc

I noticed the same thing, I kinda like it. When chasing enemies with DRG you will do the full animation before realizing its to far away haha.

It's pretty funny seeing the Rogue animation start and immediately stop as well. Looked really goofy while I was doing some leves.

Zalasta

I'm sad they removed myth gears from the allied seal vendor, thought it would be an easy source for desynthesis items. Should've know better and stocked up before the patch, oh well.

jorgeton

I've been wondering this for a bit now, but why do they keep removing different tomes from the economy? Like, why did they get rid of Myth this time, and philosophy before? What's the point?

Wilsongt

Getting Ultros minion will be the hardest feat of 2.4.

Hopefully they'll fix that. It's a shame to see the best content in the game nerfed for instanced dungeons.

Also the prices for 100 gears on hunt vendor are kinda bananas.

Hardly. For once I was actually in a zone when an A rank popped and was actually at the area at the start of a fight. I was there the whole time and fought the whole battle only to get 2 seals and 2 soldiery tomes. The same amount of tomes I got for launching a single attack on an A rank earlier in the day

All I gotta say to hunts is: gofuckyourself.gif

I've been wondering this for a bit now, but why do they keep removing different tomes from the economy? Like, why did they get rid of Myth this time, and philosophy before? What's the point?

Rowena needs better quality material in order to build her castle.

Serious answer, the gear becomes obsolete due to new gear being introduced. Instead of just constantly increasing the cost of the next tier of equipment with philo/myth, introduce a new set of tomes so that everyone is sort of on a level playing feel when it comes to getting new gear as opposed to hoarders buying everything day 1 and then bitching about how everyone else has shitty gear and to get out of their PF.

jorgeton

Serious answer, the gear becomes obsolete due to new gear being introduced. Instead of just constantly increasing the cost of the next tier of equipment with philo/myth, introduce a new set of tomes so that everyone is sort of on a level playing feel when it comes to getting new gear as opposed to hoarders buying everything day 1 and then bitching about how everyone else has shitty gear and to get out of their PF.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If you look closely you will see that some of the rogue attacks actually hit multiple times.
At least that's what it looks like for mine.

Yeah. That is the weird part. Take your very first attack. It hits three times but the hit is counted on the first hit.

Its not a bad thing but after playing with the opposite for a year on mnk and DRG, its weird.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, tried Sastasha Hard today with a group of randoms. The first boss took us 3-5 tries and the second one around 20 minutes. We finally got to the last boss and got it to 20%, but then we wiped and had 3 minutes left.
At least no one was getting angry. <3 Japanese servers.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to whoever Vox is on GAF, ISP chose that moment to end the line. Speaking of which, Ex/Elliott
water my plants I'll give you a whole gil. No bad 3g connection for another two days.

studyguy

So busy yesterday I didn't get to do shit.
Started ROG to 10, Satasha finished, unlocked snowcloak.
That's pretty much it. Life pls.

Also desynthing the groomsman stuff for Demi III

Taruranto

Hardly. For once I was actually in a zone when an A rank popped and was actually at the area at the start of a fight. I was there the whole time and fought the whole battle only to get 2 seals and 2 soldiery tomes. The same amount of tomes I got for launching a single attack on an A rank earlier in the day

All I gotta say to hunts is: gofuckyourself.gif

It's ok, you now have dungeons, were you don't have to think, try, just press confirm, follow the only scripted path (you can't even progress thanks to the roadblocks every 2 steps) and get your reward.

4 men instanced content, the true MMORPG experience!

Sorian

Banned
It's ok, you now have dungeons, were you don't have to think, try, just press confirm, follow the only scripted path (you can't even progress thanks to the roadblocks every 2 steps) and get your reward.

And yet, we have a story on this very page about someone failing satasha. And someone in mumble yesterday was talking about how they joined an in progress at the last bps of Qarn that also failed. Not as brain dead as you are going to pretend.

Valor

Man, I burned out hard on ROG at level 28. Log in today to see tons of people hovering around 30. Queues are still bad, but there's light at the end of the tunnel now that I'm 29. So close to being able to make all of the rabbits. So very... very... close. Now I just need that HA Ninja blade to drop tonight and I'm set.

I'd say this for the older 4mans where they were like that even day 1. These new ones however it seems like they actually made some sort of an effort towards making them slightly more challenging than what the most casual of people could do in their sleep.

My first run of each of these places were with random groups where people were in full 110 with a mix of HA and sol gear and we actually wiped multiple times on some of these bosses due to mechanics that are required to be understood to even be able to kill the boss. Not all of these are the same basic zerg fights we've gotten in the past. I understand things will go better as more people see them, but I expect certain things to still have some challenge the moment you bring new or undergeared people into the fold unlike everything in the past.

Uthred

Same theres no mod support, an AtlasLoot equivalent would be worth its weight in gold, is lodestone the most robust source for "What gear looks like"?

Robin64

Is there room in XIV for a Red Mage class?

I never played XI so I have to wonder how they handled it there. Was it a class that could be healer, magic dps or melee dps, but never excel at anything? Must have been something more to it than that.

Are hunts really better than dungeons?

studyguy

In no world are hunts better at anything anymore unless you need specifically need soldiery or seals for Novus/Sol gear.

S ranks aren't common enough to hunt actively if you're looking for poetics.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
In no world are hunts better at anything anymore unless you need specifically need soldiery or seals for Novus/Sol gear.

S ranks aren't common enough to hunt actively if you're looking for poetics.

All they need to do is add more aesthetic items and pets, and they'll get plenty popular again. Have something on par with a nana bear in there for a pet, or really good looking new glamour gear and plenty of folks will return to hunts. I can also see a lot of folks going that route to get soldiery for alt classes.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to going forward is the potential for Snowcloak to become the new Brayflox.

studyguy

I am 100% okay with the hunts dying.
In time it'll come back once they throw poetics on A ranks next patch or something and we'll all be in for it for another 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom