• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
I see they talk about the expansion relatively often, have they mentionned what their estimated plan for the expansion release was? Not a release date obviously not even a month but more like a general approximation, 6months, 1year, 1year and a half, that kind of thing.

Seeing a it's almost certain 2.6 is the last patch (Coil ends at 2.6) that would mean:

2.4: October
2.5: January
2.6: April
Expansion: Summer 2015.

Hasney

Q16: Please increase the maximum number of participants for Frontline.

A16: The Fronline map was designed specifically for this amount of players. If we change it to something like 30 vs. 30 vs. 30, it might break the balance of the map by having more players attack the center. If we decide to increase the maximum number of participants, we will have to create another map tailored specifically for that number of participants.

Whoever asked that is insane. It's already a clusterfuck!

... Not that I wouldn't try it.

Q17: Will you be adding more to Edda's story?

A17: Hmm...I wonder (laughs). I really want her to be happy... I guess it depends on everyone’s feedback, but I’m really curious as well!

PS don't search for Edda FFXIV on Google Images... Some are far too disturbing.

Q18: Currently, the elite marks die instantly even after the recent adjustment. Are there any plans to make further adjustments?

A18: We are currently looking into ways of addressing this issue without simply increasing the HP of the marks.

See, looking into it... Although it's quite clear with other answers that the rewards are here to stay.

Q19: Will you be implementing more riddle solving quests similar to Winebaud's Riddles in the future?

A19: I believe that those of you who have already cleared this had quite a tough time, but these are also extremely difficult for the people who design the quests, so we’d like to make them bit by bit over time instead of releasing a lot all at once.

Seeing a it's almost certain 2.6 is the last patch (Coil ends at 2.6) that would mean:

2.4: October
2.5: January
2.6: April
Expansion: Summer 2015.

Ah thanks, wasn't sure how far ahead they planned patches, that sounds good and kinda what I expected just wasn't sure if they had mentionned something solid. 2years makes sense though.

Hasney

Q20: Are there any plans to implement additional costumes and hairstyles of previous FINAL FANTASY series characters similar to Lightning and Snow?

A20: While I can't say too much, let’s just say you will be able to obtain a costume for a certain famous FF character by completing certain content in a certain patch!

Getting to the heart of the real issues now. Why no more Lightning?!
Kill me now

Q21: The rewards for Mark Bills and Elite Mark Bills feels a bit low. Do you have any plans to adjust this?

A21: We are currently looking into increasing the amount for Mark Bills. We're concerned that if we increase the rewards for elite marks it would cause even more people to focus on them, so to start out we are going to prioritize adjustments to daily marks.

Yes. Seals for the Seal god
Kissed by a rose indeed

While I can't say too much, let’s just say you will be able to obtain a costume for a certain famous FF character by completing certain content in a certain patch!

...it's gonna be Cloud, isn't it?
Please don't be Cloud.

Hasney

From a re subbing perspective I think now would be the best time to do so. Before they fix hunts.

I don't know, because some of their fixes involve it raining seals.

Q22: Are there any plans to add mechanics to the elite marks similar to those that bosses use?

A22: We are able to maintain balance in dungeons because of the specific battlefield you fight the boss in. If we do the same for elite marks, it might end up even killing the players that do not want to participate in the fight.

Seriously. Hellclaw already kills a bunch of people with reflect damage and don't get me started on that S rank in Mor. Think it took 20 minutes to kill because it regens health on magic attacks in phases and no-one would stop. Anything more complex than that and it would be the most frustrating thing.

Prototype

I don't know, because some of their fixes involve it raining seals.
Maybe things get better before they get worse? Lol.

Edit. Mechanics for hunts would be great and they could make it work. Kind of avoided just saying, we'd rather spend our time on other things.

Q22: Are there any plans to add mechanics to the elite marks similar to those that bosses use?

A22: We are able to maintain balance in dungeons because of the specific battlefield you fight the boss in. If we do the same for elite marks, it might end up even killing the players that do not want to participate in the fight.

Seriously. Hellclaw already kills a bunch of people with reflect damage and don't get me started on that S rank in Mor. Think it took 20 minutes to kill because it regens health on magic attacks in phases and no-one would stop. Anything more complex than that and it would be the most frustrating thing.

I want Thousand-Cast Theda to get Blighted Bouquet and wipe everything in North Shroud that moves.

Hasney

I want Thousand-Cast Theda to get Blighted Bouquet and wipe everything in North Shroud that moves.

I just imagined a half-zone-wide AOE that people who weren't even bothering to hunt got caught up in. The shouts would be brilliant.

Q23: Are there any plans to implement a savage mode for the Binding Coil of Bahamut?

A23: We have been receiving a lot of feedback regarding the shared flag for the normal mode of the Second Coil of Bahamut and savage mode of the Second Coil of Bahamut. We are currently in the process of discussing if we want to keep the flag shared or to separate them.

Therefore, we would like to ask for your feedback regarding this matter. Depending on the feedback, I personally think it’s okay to separate the flags and making it possible to challenge at any time. As for the savage mode of the Binding Coil of Bahamut, if we were to implement it, it would most likely occur at the same time as this adjustment.

I don't do Coil, but from my understanding, not having the flags separate would mean if you did T7 normal that week, you couldn't do lower than that on Extreme that week either? Whereas separate would mean that same rules, they're just not linked together.

Q24: Can you give us an update on the Armor/Weapon Guide?

A24: We’ve finished putting together the details and have been estimating the amount of work necessary for making it either a fun, collect the items-type of thing or content that we can reveal the lore for the weapons and armor you obtain. However, this will affect the amount of saved data on your character, so we need to make a final and thorough check on this.

Gotta catch em all

Hasney

It would make crafting/gathering more exciting ;)

Ah, what a lovely day to level fishing. This is so relax- OMG WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF FISH DOES THIS. CHEESE IT!

Q25: Will the story for the Crystal Tower end in the next Crystal Tower update?

A25: First, the story for the Coil of Bahamut will end in patch 2.4. Next, the story for the Crystal Tower will come to an end in patch 2.5. We are also planning to make the Forbidden Land, Eureka, but because it might have a different feel compared to the Crystal Tower, we are thinking of possibly introducing it after waiting a while.

Q26: Previously, Yoshi-P mentioned that it would be interesting to go to the moon, but do you have any other information about the alliance-based instanced raid to come after Crystal Tower?

A26: Well, I don’t know if we will be going to the moon, but the next alliance-based instanced raid will be something brand-new for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

I am intrigued by the new thing.

Q27: Is there any progress on the update list you mentioned in the previous Letter from the Producer LIVE?

A27: We’re gradually working on this, but the release has been delayed a bit due to preparations for the expansion pack. I apologize

Prototype

'Risky Mob' is the Japanese name for Hunts.
That's sounds so sexy it's unbelievable.
I'm calling them that from now on.

Edit.
I hope we get to go to the moon some day, Ala FF4.
edit2.
and I hope the lunar whale takes you there, and the trip is set on a real timer, like some ships/boats in FF11.

Hasney

"Looking into it" is dissapointed for a fix in hunts. All these problems should be resolved already.

From the way people are asking questions about it and just asking for more reward, maybe it's working fine in Japan? If it is, then SE will probably keep it quite similar as we know what they're like.

Q28: In a previous Letter from the Produce LIVE, you mentioned something about increasing the magic defense of dragoons. Are there any updates on this?

A28: We are currently in the process of carefully looking into this matter.

After the buff to black mages in patch 2.3, we have been receiving additional feedback regarding the current situation of dragoons. We feel that each job has its pros and cons. For example, it’s harder for black mages to do a lot of damage in a fight where they don’t have much time to stand still and cast magic.

As for dragoons, we understand they currently take a lot of magic damage so we are looking into this matter with care. We don’t want to break the balance by simply making the dragoons immune to magic, so we are currently trying to find the right balance.

Damn, they're not going to make them invulnerable to magic? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I thought they were going to be the new Ramuh tank with full fracture spamming times.

Q29: Komoto, did you bring anything from your mother (Takai) for show and tell?

A29: (Shows off a video of Ninja)

Now I need to watch this part. Random ninja, or ninja in the game?

It was footage of some of the Ninja job rotation skills.

Neat, I will have to watch this part.

Not going to make a new post for this Q

Q30: Will you ever be making a song out of Tataru's song?

A30: We will look into this, but I’m thinking each of you have already created a song in your head from Tataru's song and it might not match up if we made an official version.

Anybody knows a linkshell dedicating for mob hunt? I'm just about to start doing 2.3 after a month absence and learn that doing mob hunt solo is really pain in the ass. Any help or tip will be appreciated

From the way people are asking questions about it and just asking for more reward, maybe it's working fine in Japan? If it is, then SE will probably keep it quite similar as we know what they're like.

Maybe is fine, I heard the situation was pretty bad on japanese servers, but hearing that Frontlines is that popular on japan from YoshiP mouth and japanese being so nice regarding those things...maybe is not that bad there.

Or maybe SE filtered the more "neutral" hunt questions...

Still would be nice if we had a more appropiate response in that matter.

Also more Edda is a good thing, Tam Tara Hard was my favorite dungeon thanks to the plot.

ZiZ

they showed some concept art for Gold Saucer.

edit: seems they're talking about chocobo racing and a card game ala Triple Triad. too bad I can't understand anything :(

Mupod

surprisingly was able to get the Wolves' Den 3-wins challenge log done in under half an hour. Seems like low level matches are still popping, and their bodies were not ready. Even though I forgot how to play my class in low levels because I haven't done 30/40 in a couple months.

Should easily be able to hit rank 40 on tuesday if I get my Frontlines logs done in 7 matches. Then I dunno. Wish they'd make PVP gear viable in PVP again so I could at least gear up a second class, I'll probably have to level a healer or bard if I want to keep doing Frontlines. Because this game is made by people with no common sense whatsoever and they didn't realize what would happen if healing/ranged dps were not mitigated in some fashion. Even though they realized it months ago in Wolves' Den.

edit: derp forgot there was a live letter. Good to hear they're planning to change the pvp gear, but how far away is that? Anyways I gotta get to work and will read the rest later.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
"Looking into it" is dissapointed for a fix in hunts. All these problems should be resolved already.
I suspect a mad rush will take place if they announce changes to the rewards right away. Their methods tend to favor hot fix and explain later. But yeah, at least he didn't say 'working as intended.'

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maybe is fine, I heard the situation was pretty bad on japanese servers, but hearing that Frontlines is that popular on japan from YoshiP mouth and japanese being so nice regarding those things...maybe is not that bad there.

Or maybe SE filtered the more "neutral" hunt questions...

Still would be nice if we had a more appropiate response in that matter.

Also more Edda is a good thing, Tam Tara Hard was my favorite dungeon thanks to the plot.
I read a bit of the JP forums and their feedback seemed similar to the western side.

I suspect a mad rush will take place if they announce changes to the rewards right away. Their methods tend to favor hot fix and explain later. But yeah, at least he didn't say 'working as intended.'

That's promising, yeah.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to change rewards, they clearly want to casual players access to i110 gear, but also clearly not at this cost. But still something must be done.

I read a bit of the JP forums and their feedback seemed similar to the western side.

Ok, I heard on the official forums that japanese had similar problems, but I wasn't sure.

Seems a global problem then, which means something must be done.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's promising, yeah.

To be honest, I'm not expecting to change rewards, they clearly want to casual players access to i110 gear, but also clearly not at this cost. But still something must be done.

Ok, I heard on the official forums that japanese had similar problems, but I wasn't sure.

Seems a global problem then, which means something must be done.

He just said they won't be allowing UAT/Oils to count as a separate look item in CT to avoid letter people get one of those + a piece of gear. So clearly he must be aware of what is going on in hunts... right?

For reference:

Q7: Currently, there are many players that enter the Syrcus Tower to obtain an unidentified Allagan tomestone or oil of time. Due to this reason, there are a lot of equipment drops that go to waste. Is there any chance we can split the weekly lock out for the tomestone and oil?

A7: We currently do not have any plans of doing so since both the upgrade items and equipment may be an upgrade for a player.

He just said they won't be allowing UAT/Oils to count as a separate look item in CT to avoid letter people get one of those + a piece of gear. So clearly he must be aware of what is going on in hunts... right?

For reference:

My guess (and this is one far fetched guess) is that they don't want people to get 2 pieces of upgrade in just a couple hours of raid?

Since still hunting requires a few hours of grinding, I guess they see it fine?

In other hand....maybe they just don't know what to do with hunts yet.

: (

What about people who don't have a static

Well, we'll just leave it at "people than can't beat T7-9 for any reason".

I have a static and I'm stuck at T7... :(

Hasney

Looks like they're going into questions for the lead planner part now and leaving exploring 2.3, so I'll post anything of interest, but I'll summarise the 2.3 answers. Let me know if I missed owt.

HUNTS!

• Looking into speeding up the rate of some FATEs to make some daily marks easier, as well as make daily marks give a bigger reward
  • Thinking about adding more elite marks, but not higher than S as it may be too great having Odin-style fights
  • Not planning on adding other tasks to get Allied Seals
  • Currently looking into ways to stop elite marks dying so quickly without just increasing HP
  • Not looking into increasing reward for elite marks as it will cause even more focus on them
  • Not planning to add more boss style mechanics to elite marks

FRONTLINES!

• Glamour coming to 2.35
  • Looking to save the PVP actions and traits between jobs, randomising start points, GC leaderboards and adding more maps and rules
  • Not adding a PVP specific stat for Frontlines like morale
  • Someone wants more players in a Frontlines game. Would need a new map

SYRCUS TOWER!

• Not looking to split the lockout between oil/UAT and gear
  • Would be difficult to implement Frontlines style of allowing you into the game even if not everyone has hit OK, but looking into it after allowing people to enter in as an alliance
  • Crystal Tower ending in 2.5

OTHER THINGS!

• Looking to stop the frequency of materials dropping as loot in dungeons
  • The Kraken from Hullbreaker will reappear in the near future
  • The riddle quests are difficult to come up with, but will come back, just slowly
  • You will be able to obtain a costume for a certain famous FF character by completing certain content in a certain patch. Lightning and Snow were specifically asked for
  • Wondering if the flag for the Savage coil and standard coil should be shared. Coil will end in 2.4
  • Finishing the details on the armour/weapon guide collecting
  • Dragoon balance being looked into
  • Demimatria planned only to be available through desynth

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My guess (and this is one far fetched guess) is that they don't want people to get 2 pieces of upgrade in just a couple hours of raid?

Since still hunting requires a few hours of grinding, I guess they see it fine?

In other hand....maybe they just don't know what to do with hunts yet.

Well, we'll just leave it at "people than can't beat T7-9 for any reason".

I have a static and I'm stuck at T7... :(

SE loves secrecy with this game. It's really dumb too.

Also I found amusing we have been draging this "lol drg" problem since 2.0.

Just make it top DPS, high risk but high reward job.

SE loves secrecy with this game. It's really dumb too.

I feel in a lot of ways SE could look into GW2 and Arena.net.

At least from where I played the game, they always were very open and fast to act regarding these things.

Hasney

Q39: Will you be making it possible to place a planter in our personal chambers and garden?

A39: When we were planning gardening from fields, we were thinking about making it possible in the future to garden from pots as well. However, we need to look at gardening from fields a bit more, so we'd like to implement this later.

Please give me pots! I need that chocobo hat from feeding chocos ;_;. I managed to get a minion from the chest last night though (Thanks Drama!)

EDIT: I think it was one of the gardened ones anyway. Man I was tired last night.

Speaking of, I really need to look into what minions I can still get and how to get them. I like the damn things too much, especially now I have a second page.

Q40: Will we be able to garden in our personal houses?

A40: That is currently our plan.

Or get these out already. I'm already spiritbonding like a madman to get the cash for it.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Also I found amusing we have been draging this "lol drg" problem since 2.0.

Just make it top DPS, high risk but high reward job.

The buff in 2.1 was pretty nice, it's just that as the ilevel has gone up the gap between us and MNKs has widened. And with BLM's buffed, someone has to bottom! (BRDs don't count)

Hasney

Q45: I feel that the cost and difficulty for cleaning the stables and gardening the vegetables to feed chocobos for chocobo raising is rather high. Do you plan on making adjustments so chocobo raising can be done more easily?

A45: As I mentioned earlier about cleaning, I am very sorry. In regards to the vegetables, we feel the way it is currently is just about right and I also think that the methods for how to garden these vegetables hasn’t quite been found out completely yet, so I urge you to experiment.

Damn, that's a bummer. Should be cheaper and easier to make brooms at least.

chrono01

This Live Letter has been pretty lackluster in terms of excitement for me. :/

I'm sure the 2.4 one will be better, but still.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom