• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not worth the bother since I'm unsure when I want to resubscribe, and for how long at that. You guys seem pretty dedicated to endgame stuff.

No way only like 2 or three statics in the FC really are that hardcore. The rest of us are mid to low in the endgame.

Just did "Ultima Bane"

WTF, the coordination needed for the whole team this fight is "high" , Tell me you guys that are doing the coil of bahamut , is it "small time" in comparaison ?
Should i expect the same kind of team coordination for bahamut coils ?

Isaccard

Hmm, jumping into any endgame content seems like a bad idea for me. Not sure if I still know how to play. I wonder how gimp my gear is now.

Glad to see I can finally display my The Sword of Eorzea title. It ought to be rather rare unless they added another means to get it.

I wonder if they knew hunts would play out this way and if they care. They didn't seem to have an issue with FATEs.

Is there a GAF linkshell on Sargatanas? I could understand not being welcomed back into the company.

Probably not worth the bother since I'm unsure when I want to resubscribe, and for how long at that. You guys seem pretty dedicated to endgame stuff.

I'm sensing some indecision here

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just did "Ultima Bane"

WTF, the coordination needed for the whole team this fight is "high" , Tell me you guys that are doing the coil of bahamut , is it "small time" in comparaison ?
Should i expect the same kind of team coordination for bahamut coils ?

Coil takes a lot more time, practice and coordination than that fight.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I found a more up to date photo of Gizu:

4tZ1IF1.gif

suzu

so anyway, i'm about to start this game. went over the OP, but nothing there that talks about tips before you start and stuff like that

Try this link.

Tip: Keep up with your main scenario/story quests (the ! icon will have a firey border) and your class quests (obtained from your class's guild npc). As you progress through all those quests, you'll unlock new stuff like dungeons, mount, abilities, etc.

And this link lists all the unlockable stuff by level.

Destiny Beta down for maintenance on Monday and Tuesday? Plenty of time to hopefully finish my final two books

Destiny Beta included like 2 more story missions but otherwise was the same as the Alpha with the same level cap and the same Strike Mission. I was so disappointed but I guess they can't let us have too much content before release.

I did Garuda today and the healer said I did really well for a first time tank.

Tanking is a lot easier when you only have one target to focus on.

Difficulty so far mainly comes from when you have to manage aggro on multiple mobs at once.

so when you're level 15, you can change classes right?

when should you start leveling your 2nd classes then? And in order to level them, do you need to go back to the beginner zone to make sure you're killing level appropriate toon?

Sophia

so when you're level 15, you can change classes right?

when should you start leveling your 2nd classes then? And in order to level them, do you need to go back to the beginner zone to make sure you're killing level appropriate toon?

You can change classes as soon as you complete the level 10 class quest for your respective class. However until you receive the airship pass at level 15, you will be limited to the classes within your starting city.

There's no specific ideal time in which you should level your second class. At level 30 you can acquire your job assuming your secondary class for that job is level 15, and it's a good idea to do this as having a job in PvE will be expected of you past 30.

And yes, you do need to go back to the appropriate level zones to level your other classes. Any combat class below your highest will receive a 50% bonus to experienced earned, so it should go faster the second time around.

You can change classes as soon as you complete the level 10 class quest for your respective class. However until you receive the airship pass at level 15, you will be limited to the classes within your starting city.

There's no specific ideal time in which you should level your second class. At level 30 you can acquire your job assuming your secondary class for that job is level 15, and it's a good idea to do this as having a job in PvE will be expected of you past 30.

And yes, you do need to go back to the appropriate level zones to level your other classes. Any combat class below your highest will receive a 50% bonus to experienced earned, so it should go faster the second time around.

is it similar to FFXI though, in that your second class can't be 50% of the highest level of your other class?

Sophia

is it similar to FFXI though, in that your second class can't be 50% of the highest level of your other class?

Nope. No sub-job or sub-class mechanics here. You will only get the bonus IF your current class/job is below your highest, but otherwise you're free to level all of them to 50 and unlock all jobs.

Every job has a primary, a secondary, and a tertiary class associated with it. When using a job, these are the three classes in which you can draw up to five cross-class skills from. Likewise, every job has at least one useful cross-class ability from these three classes, so it's within your best interest to see which ones you want and level them up to get them.

Nope. No sub-job or sub-class mechanics here. You will only get the bonus IF your current class/job is below your highest, but otherwise you're free to level all of them to 50 and unlock all jobs.

Every job has a primary, a secondary, and a tertiary class associated with it. When using a job, these are the three classes in which you can draw up to five cross-class skills from. Likewise, every job has at least one useful cross-class ability from these three classes, so it's within your best interest to see which ones you want and level them up to get them.

so basically, if you level up primary class to 30, secondary to 15, you can then equip your job stone, and just level that to 50?

And if you take stone off, your primary class is 50, but secondary is 15?

Is there any purpose to level secondary above 15? (besides trying out a new class, etc)

so basically, if you level up primary class to 30, secondary to 15, you can then equip your job stone, and just level that to 50?

Is there any purpose to level secondary above 15? (besides trying out a new class, etc)

Other classes have several useful cross class skills.

example: WAR can only get provoke (essential for endgame) by lvling GLD

Sophia

The jobs themselves don't actually level nor do they have a level. Only the classes do. The item that enables the job simply specializes you.

As others noted, leveling the secondary and tertiary classes gets you cross class abilities. White Mage and Scholar, for example, get one of their best skills from Thaumaturge at level 26.

WolvenOne

Amazing how abusive newer players can be in this game.

I decided to try running SV-HM to get some drops for GC seals, and the other players stopped everything once adds came out, resulting in a wipe. One then proceeded to throw out tons of insults at me because, "I was a trash player," who didn't understand that I was supposed to pick up all the adds and take them to the center, so he wouldn't have to aim.

...yes, remove 1/4th of the parties DPS output, half if the healer stopped as well, just so one player doesn't have to aim a cannon.

What's more amazing is that he accused me of, "never doing hard content like this before," which was hilarious, considering that a large portion of my gear is High Allagan by now.

Anyhow, don't mean to rant, but this is just a counterpoint to all those stories about players being abusive to newbies. Sometimes it's the other way around. :p

Hasney

saw this today http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...lm-reborn-report--final-fantasy-xiv--the-hunt

A Report on the hunts from Damiani AKA Avatar Korra

Good video. It seems like you can embrace the drama and laugh at it, or it just makes things too toxic. Thought it was interesting that Brandon Jones came up with a lot of the quick fixes that a lot of people mentioned earlier in this thread without even playing it too.

Here's the counterpoint that Mike D mentioned over at Destructoid. This reads like my experience of hunts at 9am GMT when most of the server is asleep. It's a much better experience then.

http://www.destructoid.com/a-grand-social-experiment-final-fantasy-xiv-s-monster-hunts-277955.phtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom