• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I really tried to do dungeons for my first book but with queues of over an hour and no pop so far, I think I should go the smart route and just stock up on UAT so I can at least get a weathered weapon.

Ken

Well I really tried to do dungeons for my first book but with queues of over an hour and no pop so far, I think I should go the smart route and just stock up on UAT so I can at least get a weathered weapon.

Aren't you glad you farmed all those Atma.

Hasney

That's odd. I've done 6 books since 2.3 came out and I've not waited for a dungeon as a DPS for over 20 minutes, even when I'm down to 1 to do.

Now camping some of those FATEs... That's a different story.

Aren't you glad you farmed all those Atma.

Well I am annoyed I bothered trying to farm a second set but this atma weapon has been sitting around for quite a long time, unused and unloved

That needs 3 weeks or more of collecting soldiery points.

True but that is a tiny issue at best considering how stupidly easy it is to cap soldiery. I usually cap within a few days. Between DR and a random hunt here or there, I'm good.

WolvenOne

Just an FYI, if you all don't see me online as much in the coming weeks. Been mulling it over all day, and I think I'm gonna step back a little and play less often. Not leaving the game, I just want to enjoy the summer a bit more thoroughly before it starts cooling off again.

Hasney

Just an FYI, if you all don't see me online as much in the coming weeks. Been mulling it over all day, and I think I'm gonna step back a little and play less often. Not leaving the game, I just want to enjoy the summer a bit more thoroughly before it starts cooling off again.

What, like out... side? What is this madness?

I need to get paid and have some beer in the sun soon. Damn poorness

Enjolras

Neo Member
As a tank, is there anything really different that I need to be aware of in Levi Ex (compared to HM)? I'm assuming he's going to be hitting harder, but having watched a video, I couldn't see that much of a difference.

Apart from the obvious disappearance of the railings

Ken

Can I have your gil.

IvorB

Amazing how abusive newer players can be in this game.

I decided to try running SV-HM to get some drops for GC seals, and the other players stopped everything once adds came out, resulting in a wipe. One then proceeded to throw out tons of insults at me because, "I was a trash player," who didn't understand that I was supposed to pick up all the adds and take them to the center, so he wouldn't have to aim.

...yes, remove 1/4th of the parties DPS output, half if the healer stopped as well, just so one player doesn't have to aim a cannon.

What's more amazing is that he accused me of, "never doing hard content like this before," which was hilarious, considering that a large portion of my gear is High Allagan by now.

Anyhow, don't mean to rant, but this is just a counterpoint to all those stories about players being abusive to newbies. Sometimes it's the other way around. :p

I did Stone Vigil Hard at the weekend and that fight with the canons is such bullsh*t. I wish they would just drop it with the canons already. It's just not fun and they should leave it alone.

Managed to have a proper play session this weekend. Unlocked a bunch of new dungeons and EX:DR so I think I am set in terms of stuff to do for a while: collecting soldiery and running new dungeons.

Then there was the hunt. I actually did my first proper bit of it. It's definitely more this:

foxhunt-660x375.jpg

Than this:
LONE%20HUNTER.jpg

And I do think the rewards should be toned down. Literally following a herd of people and zerging some poor creature in seconds gets you like 20 sol, 80 myth etc. That's crazy. You used to have to do an actual dungeon, with bosses etc for that.

WolvenOne

Can I have your gil.

I'm not quitting, I'm just going to be doing bicycle rides more frequently. XD

I did Stone Vigil Hard at the weekend and that fight with the canons is such bullsh*t. I wish they would just drop it with the canons already. It's just not fun and they should leave it alone.

Managed to have a proper play session this weekend. Unlocked a bunch of new dungeons and EX:DR so I think I am set in terms of stuff to do for a while: collecting soldiery and running new dungeons.

Then there was the hunt. I actually did my first proper bit of it. It's definitely more this:

foxhunt-660x375.jpg

Than this:
LONE%20HUNTER.jpg

And I do think the rewards should be toned down. Literally following a heard of people and zerging some poor creature in seconds gets you like 20 sol, 80 myth etc. That's crazy. You used to have to do an actual dungeon, with bosses etc for that.

Oh, the canon battle is horrible, easily the worst designed piece of content in the patch. It's a shame because the other two boss battles in that dungeon are pretty good all things considered.

And yes, they could definitely stand to tone down the hunt rewards a bit.

Hasney

If they do, I really hope they don't announce it on the live letter unless a patch is that same day, otherwise it'll be even worse with people trying to get the rewards before the nerf.

Ken

I'm not quitting, I'm just going to be doing bicycle rides more frequently. XD

Oh, the canon battle is horrible, easily the worst designed piece of content in the patch. It's a shame because the other two boss battles in that dungeon are pretty good all things considered.

Can I have your account.

chrono01

I can pretend to do live translations.
Just tell us what we want to hear about Hunts.
That they're making them more of a team-based thing and not a massive raid of people arguing/bickering over someone "stealing" their kill.

Also, that they're buffing BLM again because...well...why not?

Koriandrr

Hey guys!

I need some help. I can't decide what to cosplay for the fanfest. I need some help just landing in on a thing. I was thinking the obvious choice - Minfilia, but if I can avoid wearing a wig, I'd love that, since I hate these things. I have super long hair and wearing a wig is like asking to sweat like a pig.

Was thinking about Sailor Uniform, but that's a bit simple. Tataru was my other choice, but it'll be challenging to make her clothes light, as it'll be quite hot in there.

Feed me suggestions gaf, you're my only hope >:

Prototype

I hope hunts stay the same. I like them. Just make the fights a little harder and/or more complex. I like clan rivalries in mmos.

EDIT.
Also Paladin should get buffs. It should be able to use more cross class abilities from conjurer and marauder. Like Esuna and Overpower.

Ken

Hey guys!

I need some help. I can't decide what to cosplay for the fanfest. I need some help just landing in on a thing. I was thinking the obvious choice - Minfilia, but if I can avoid wearing a wig, I'd love that, since I hate these things. I have super long hair and wearing a wig is like asking to sweat like a pig.

Was thinking about Sailor Uniform, but that's a bit simple. Tataru was my other choice, but it'll be challenging to make her clothes light, as it'll be quite hot in there.

My miqo'te retainer.

What about the lalafell princess in Uldah or whatever she is.

Nohar

Hey guys!

If you're not cosplaying Red Mage, you're doing it wrong and should be ashamed of yourself.

Joke aside, it depends on your tastes and your skills as a cosplayer. I'm afraid I won't be able to help much here. In any case, just go with what you like.

Hey guys!

As long as you get the boob window right nobody is gonna complain if you don't have a wig ;)

Ken

As long as you get the boob window right nobody is gonna complain if you don't have a wig ;)

I don't like Minfilia. I think she looks really boring.

If it had to be between Minfilia and Tataru I'd say Tataru.

You could do a long hair version of that white hair elezen girl in Coil. That'd be pretty uh, pretty.

Koriandrr

Lol. Well, I also want to avoid a situation in which someone assumes I'm a booth babe, because that would seriously hurt my feelings. So I'd rather go for the 'safer' options.

@Ken I would love to do Nanamo, but that's a seriously complex cosplay. I think Minfilia is as complex as I can go.

Red mage's a good idea lol

Ken

Lol. Well, I also want to avoid a situation in which someone assumes I'm a booth babe, because that would seriously hurt my feelings. So I'd rather go for the 'safer' options.

@Ken I would love to do Nanamo, but that's a seriously complex cosplay. I think Minfilia is as complex as I can go.

Red mage's a good idea lol

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Alisaie

I'm so good with the lore you can totally see I play this game for it.

Reknoc

guys is normal that ffxiv's twitch channel doesn't appear in the app?

anything is normal with the twitch app as it is in fact, total garbage.

Hey guys!

hildebrand

Hasney

Man, hunting with Hildibrand Manderville Saturday morning was just so fun. Just mandervilling in the face of anyone shouting crap.

orion434

Is there even a point to Gil other than crafting and housing? Serious question as I haven't spent any (other than repairs) since my relic quest

If you want to upgrade to Novus it will require Materia, you can buy them... some are very expensive. Or you can Spiritbond your own gear, you'll have I make the gear yourself or buy it, lv 45 - 49 gear requires Felt, which is pretty expensive right now.... 3,500 Gil for each NQ piece and a whiple Spiritbond set is like 10 Felt and lots of electrum.

I had a very productive weekend, desynthesized enough Artisan Spectacles to acquire 2 MOAR Supra Primary Tools! That makes 3 down 7 to go, I'll eventually get the Fishing Pole, but those Silver Soverigns killed all motivation, I just don't have the patience.

I reached Desynthesis level 100.00 for Goldsmith, this gives me 100% success rate on the Artisan Spectacles and all Darklight Jewelry... going to make some spreadsheets with the Distribution rate for each ingredient. I'm not sure if dlv factors into the rarity of desynth components, but I'm sure getting much more Fieldcraft III at dlv 100.00.

Hasney

Live Letter Updaaattttesss

Q1: When participating in Frontline and changing jobs, you have to constantly re-do your PvP actions and traits. Can you make it so these are saved for each job?

A1: I understand the request and we've started to look into making it so the actions set per job are saved. Please give us a bit of time to work on this.

Q2: Are there any plans to randomize the starting point of each of the Grand Companies in Frontline?

A2: We will look into this to see if we can make it happen.

Q3: In Frontline, PvP gear is somewhat disadvantageous since Morale is not utilized, but I’d really like to wear this gear and play. Can you please make it so glamours work in PvP only for PvP gear?

A3: In patch 2.35 we will be making it possible to use glamours. We are also aware of the disadvantages when it comes to the stats and we will be making adjustments.

Frontlines is certainly the hot topic ;) Glad glamours are in though as they don't really need to show what gear you're wearing since it's such a wonderful clusterfuck

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/181995-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XVI-Q-A-Updates

Hasney

Q4: Currently, the daily mark bills are difficult to complete due to the spawn rate of certain FATEs. Is there any way we can complete this in an easier fashion?

A4: While we won’t be able to make FATEs spawn constantly, we will look into increasing the spawn rate of FATEs.

lol I hope so, but they'll never do it. They love that FATE grind.

HUNTS

Q5: Will you ever add elite marks that are higher than rank S?

A5: We’re thinking about adding elite marks moving forward, but if they exceed rank S that means they will become something like the level of Odin or a Behemoth class monster. We’re also working on things for the expansion, so we’d like to explore a variety of things.

Yeah, throw some SSS ranks that show up once a week or something. That would be ace. Sounds like there will just be more marks that are the current ranks though.

How bout increasing the rewards for the dailies because as they are they're so minimal they're not effin' worth it...

They haven't touched the issue of sands etc. and moved on to CT.

I don't know why I was expecting them to go into any depth at all on the imbalance of Hunts.

I see they talk about the expansion relatively often, have they mentionned what their estimated plan for the expansion release was? Not a release date obviously not even a month but more like a general approximation, 6months, 1year, 1year and a half, that kind of thing.

Hasney

Q6: Do have any plans to expand Frontline? If so, what kind of expansion do you have in mind?

A6: Looking at all regions, Japanese users seem to be playing Frontline content the most. Since it's receiving a lot of positive attention we are proactively looking into the addition of maps and rules. Map-wise, it's important to create them so it's balanced for all three groups, so we expect this to take a bit of time.

Q7: Currently, there are many players that enter the Syrcus Tower to obtain an unidentified Allagan tomestone or oil of time. Due to this reason, there are a lot of equipment drops that go to waste. Is there any chance we can split the weekly lock out for the tomestone and oil?

A7: We currently do not have any plans of doing so since both the upgrade items and equipment may be an upgrade for a player.

Yes, new FL map would be great. CT answer makes sense.

Q8: Please implement content for Frontline that allows us to compete for standings with other Grand Companies.

A8: While it's a bit different, we're currently testing Frontline rankings for the Lodestone and we will be releasing this shortly, so we'd like players to first use this feature. Additionally, we're thinking about holding a real-life PvP event at GamesCom in Germany for the first time. We'd like to use the same setup to hold PvP events around the world.

Hasney likes this.

suzu

I hope they fix the drop rate of high level dungeon loot... less crafting mats pls. D:

And also increase the rewards for daily hunt marks.

Hasney

Q9: Is there any way you can make the Syrcus Tower similar to Frontline where we are able to enter the instance without every single player having to select “Commence”?

A9: The feature was a feature that we implemented in response to the issue with Frontline, so it may be difficult to implement in Syrcus Tower.

We will look into this matter after we implement the feature where players are able to queue as an alliance.

I hope they do. The first mob should be able to be taken even if you're missing a few people, then the ones that select in progress should be able to come in.

Q10: Please make it so equipment drops more than crafting materials in instanced dungeons.

A10: Since the demand for glamours is ever-increasing, I’ll be talking to the lead for this and be making adjustments.

PLEASE. There you go suzu.

Q11: Do you plan on adding another stat for PvP equipment instead of Morale for Frontline?

A11: We designed Frontline to be an even PvP playing field, so we are not thinking about adding Morale or swapping it for a different kind of stat. However, I understand that compared to other equipment with similar item levels, the PvP equipment is inferior, so we would like to make adjustments to this.

Q12: In Hullbreaker Isle, we only fight the tentacles of the Kraken. Will we ever see the Kraken again?

A12: Of course! You will see the Kraken reappear in the near future so please stay tuned.

Keep morale out of FL, I agree with that.

Looks like suzu will also like this next one.

Q13: Is it possible to lower the cost of the equipment that we can purchase with allied seals?

A13: Instead of lowering the cost, we are currently looking into increasing the awards for completing the daily mark bills.

Q14: What's that tapestry art behind you?

A14: Brand-new art based on Frontline!

Q15: Will you be adding ways to obtain Allied Seals in the future?

A15: Since this was just implemented, we don't have any plans to do this at the moment, but that's not to say it won't happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom