• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

scy

I just learned that quietus is physical so if you have BW on it generates mana for each enemy hit.

That's a big gamechanger for me. Think I'll level DRK next.

Still wish BP didn't get hit so hard but this might make up for it.

For what it's worth, all signs point to DRK being the most active tank when actually at 70 (and possibly winning the current DPS tank race); it's my third tank on the list (should finish PLD today hopefully?) so #soon. Holy Spirit is neat but PLD, and DRK to come, have some absolutely awful levels for skills :| 60-70 is such a weird place for how complete jobs feel.

KanameYuuki

Bardam's Mettle is a 10/10, exactly how more dungeons should be, everyone knows how to dps/tank and heal so let the world and mechanics raise the difficulty, Sirensong was an amazing first dungeon too.

I'm sure its because everyone is probably undergeared but I liked the fact that as a Healer I had to heal and buff with my cards, barely any time to do dps but even so it never felt my dps was needed besides helping cleaning the last 2-1 enemies from a pack.

Add the fact that you get to ride the very last boss as a proof of your achievments makes it even better.

otakukidd

Did anyone get release day shipping for stormblood from Amazon. Just found out they shipped mine today and won't be here till Tuesday.

studyguy

Every dungeon so far I've done this patch has been fantastic.

Also PLD is technically complete at 68. 70 Passage of Arms is just icing on the situational cake.

Xux

Lyse in that
Ala Mhigan
dress. *wipes sweat from brow*

Lyse is best girl, folks.
Seriously, even if you're dumb and don't like the outfit she gets at the beginning of the expansion the art and trailers for the expansion spoil that she changes into a traditional Japanese oppai dress and starts doing The Twelve's work.

Edzi

I've heard people say that RMG is "complete" or has its full/main kit at lvl 50, so I'm wondering what other classes have their general kit around 50-60? I wanna go with classes that feel mostly complete around there so I can grind out and enjoy lvl 50-60 dungeons.

Asd202

My question is can I play through Heavensword story with Samurai? Or is Samurai only available after you beat the Hevensword campaign so to speak. I'm starting from scrach.

duckroll

Reposting because I never got an answer. Anyone know?

Errrrr.... this morning on Mogstation I saw an option to upgrade both ARR and HW to Digital CE for 30 bucks. But now that option is gone and there are only individual options at 20 bucks each. What gives?!

yami4ct

My question is can I play through Heavensword story with Samurai? Or is Samurai only available after you beat the Hevensword campaign so to speak. I'm starting from scrach.

Yes you can. You can make a SAM as soon as you hit level 50 and the trainer is in the ARR areas, I believe it's in Ul'dah.

aceface

Damnit Arby's

19260489_10155534021941812_8353654075121054785_n.jpg

What the heck? My SQEX authenticator app lost my info, so it's asking me to sign in but I can't because I don't have a second password... because it would come from said app...

Been on hold for 30 minutes. Anyone have experience trying to get Squeenix to fix your account?

scotcheggz

Level 67-68 spoilers I guess

Yotsuyu!! ;__; I need a new waifu now, I'm thinking Cirila can suffice... But lucky Gosetsu could hold the roof up long enough for them all to have a good stare and chat lol

Shy Fingers

Banned
Anything out there for WAR rotations/openers? I have so many questions.

I feel like Upheaval should be used essentially on CD. Potency/Gauge cost it is better than a Fell Cleave.

The big one for me is Inner Release. Currently I've been doing the following:
Code:
Inner Release -> Path -> Berserk -> Fell Cleave x2 -> Infuriate ->  Fell Cleave x4

My issue it that I still have a GCD or two of Inner Release with nothing going on, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here. That feeling of doing 6 Fell Cleaves on a boss is a nice one though.

Also curious if the extra potency from butcher's block is better or worse for dps than the extra gauge from path rotation.

kahi

Wife ordered from Amazon when I have Heavensword on Steam. Oh well, at least I saw before opening the box, sending copy back to Amazon tomorrow and will purchase a steam key tonight.

Level 67-68 spoilers I guess

Yotsuyu!! ;__; I need a new waifu now, I'm thinking Cirila can suffice... But lucky Gosetsu could hold the roof up long enough for them all to have a good stare and chat lol

The whole time I was screaming
"YOU GORMLESS BUFFOONS. THE WINDOWS ARE JUST RIGHT THERE. YOU CAN FOIL YOTSUYU NOW BY BEING QUICK...oh for the love of the Twelve, you all deserve to be crushed and drowned."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just got a PS4 Pro since my old one was slowly dying. Should I use resolution or performance mode? I don't mind 30fps, but I don't want it to go below that, is it at 30fps+ with resolution mode most of the time?
I believe so, yes. I went back to performance mode with mine because resolution mode made the fans crank up on high and sound like a hair dryer.

Sioen

FWIW, MCH and Bard should end up being relatively close overall and it's possible MCH pulls ahead if there's a DRG in the group (since they benefit more from Disembowel since ranged still can't do their own freaking debuffs.)

But with Overheat being kind of bad after the nerf and the relatively heavy penalties for accidental Overheat, MCH is going to be a lot easier to totally screw up than Bard, provide less in the way of defensive utility, and the rDPS increases between the two will be largely interchangeable.

I don't think we're looking at 3.0 levels of stigma or anything, but as a complete job reboot in the name of drawing in new people I'm not sure it works. It's more complicated now for ultimately less reward; it plays terribly before 64, and it doesn't really do anything that makes it stand out from a crowd.

They could fix a lot by putting Overheat back at 20%, reducing the CD on Barrel Stabilizer to 60s (so you just Overheat every WF as opposed to wildfire/midfire rotations) or restoring Hypercharge to 10%. It's salvageable, but at this point I have no idea why they thought this would breathe life into the job.
Yeah I've just hit 64 and it felt boring and dull, now I at least get some kind of bonus for being above 50 heat.

scy

Anything out there for WAR rotations/openers? I have so many questions.

I feel like Upheaval should be used essentially on CD. Potency/Gauge cost it is better than a Fell Cleave.

The big one for me is Inner Release. Currently I've been doing the following:
Code:
Inner Release -> Path -> Berserk -> Fell Cleave x2 -> Infuriate ->  Fell Cleave x4

My issue it that I still have a GCD or two of Inner Release with nothing going on, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here. That feeling of doing 6 Fell Cleaves on a boss is a nice one though.

Also curious if the extra potency from butcher's block is better or worse for dps than the extra gauge from path rotation.

Just as a generic giant chunk from 0 Meter:

Infuriate -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> Storm's Eye (Upheaval) -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> Storm's Path -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> Storm's Eye. This should sit you at having 100 meter, Infuriate at ~35s to go, Upheaval about to come up, and a full duration of Maim/Eye.

Heavy Swing (Berserk + Inner Release*) -> Fell Cleave x2 (Upheaval**) -> Maim -> Storm's Path -> 2x Fell Cleave -> Infuriate -> 2x Fell Cleave.

Currently that's 8 hits under Berserk, I have 1105 SSPD @70 (i30X). 9th hit under IR+Berserk gains you a Heavy Swing, I guess, so this should be doable without any SSPD breakpoints, and may even be worse for you at certain speeds. So basically, you set up Eye -> Path -> Eye with Infuriate and Upheaval used to get 100 meter and then use the 4x Fell Cleaves and general GCD timer to get your Infuriate back while you're still inside Berserk + Inner Release.

It's not the tightest rotation as of yet (I think if I want to truly do it @pull, I have to Tomahawk into Infuriate to delay my first GCD enough) so there's probably a thing to be done to smooth out the Fell Cleaves. But that's the general chunk I try to think of when I look to get off 6x Fell Cleave + Upheaval in a fight.

*I still do the double weave; some people suggest moving one of the pair out but I don't see a good reason to as of yet. Same durations so no reason to that I'm aware of, even if I'll eat a minor GCD clip for it. As long as it doesn't cost me a hit under IR+Berserk, it's fine.

**I am actually terrible at this game and timing my Upheaval use currently but this Upheaval fits basically anywhere in the rotation, just the closer to on cooldown the better for it.

Despite having some major issues successfully connecting to the server after being kicked entering an instanced MSQ, made some nice progress last night. Namely because the game glitched in a good way haha I knocked out the lvl 44 quests and reached lvl 45 in the process but when the game jumped to level 46 req, it for some reason let me continue. I don't know if the rest bonus covering the rest of the XP bar tricked it or what but I happily continued on and leveled up again to 46 during the process. Finished all those quests and it has now jumped all the way up to 49. I'll now have to do some PoTD so tonight will be purely daily roulette and PoTD. I wonder how long it will take to hit 49. Having the xp bonus earrings from pre-ordering SB will certainly help. I noticed I had a couple messages in the mail and used the moogle mail for the first time nabbing the earrings and RDM minion. It will be nice finally getting to start at floor 41 after having to start all over repeatedly due to lacking Heavensward previously. I'll probably just get to 51 and then repeat that over and over like you guys until I get my SAM and then I can consider going deeper. I need to look up the rewards and see if it's even worth going all the way through.

While simple, the story is decent enough with the way Ultima Weapon fits with the Primal influence in the world and the power it provides the Empire in dominating and subjugating everyone. It's just extremely hampered by endless fetch quests. I was really speeding some gil teleporting around in the lvl 46 quests, especially doing the Monk quests alongside it. It's going to be nice having a tighter story with the expansions from what I hear.

Do you ever get another free mount besides the Chocobo? I imagine Heavensward has to give you a flying one at least in the story, right?

Armaros

Malick[AI];241348662 said:
I didn't have too many issues with this type of setup. Your RDM can kite the adds and spam vericure to keep aggro while your SAMs DPS the boss.

The issue is RDMs that don't realize they can use vercure or that it's a good heal and not like phisick for SMNs

Baliis

Do I need my physical copy to play it now that it is officially released?

Early Access goes until Friday so they give you a little wiggle room to get your code in.

From the FFXIV site
Early access will end on Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. in the time zone for the registered account’s region (NA: PDT, EU: GMT, JP: JST). Please register the full FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood registration code or promotion code before this time to continue playing after the Early Access period.

Yes, the only thing you need to do before you can pickup the SAM quest line is beat ARR's story so you can even use a SAM for the patches after ARR before Heavensward even begins which is what I plan on doing myself. Just got to the lvl 49 quests so almost...there...
You'll get a flying chocobo mount and can eventually teach your chocobo to fly as well

I was hoping it'd be a unique creature haha At least I can
train by companion to do it
thanks!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What do folks mean by procs?

Something that as a % chance to occur. So like, if an ability has a 20% chance to make something else happen, it "procs" when that thing happens.

An example would be Ruin 4 for summoners. Every pet action has a 15% chance of causing Ruin 4 to activate. That would be Ruin 4 "proccing"

Nasser

This wait time is ridiculous. I've been waiting for 20 mins so far and still there are 2200 players in queue. wasting a lot of my play time that I paid for

Top Bottom