• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Demoskinos

Yotsuyu was evil because she got abused as a child, the game made a good job explaining that imo.

I also don't understand how the fact that she and Gosetsu are still alive ruins the whole story, I'm actually waiting for the next updates to learn something more about them. How did they survive? Well, how was Gosetsu keeping an entire building on his shoulders? He's strong, that's why.

Soroban makes a point to say that the floor caved in before the roof entirely collapsed. meaning they got swept up in the water current and were able to escape the rubble.

Alex

RDMs: What is your aoe rotation?

Currently I just do Scatter (sometimes scatter into dual into swift scatter), use contre on cooldown and use mouli whenever I get 90 in both mana

Is it better to use Scatter -> Single Target VerAero/Thunder to build mana faster for more moulinet or is it better to just do what I've been doing?

It is a bit better if there are exactly three targets.

Sylas

Surpringly...it worked for me. When I arrived to my house today only had around 300 queue where before was 1500+

At least for today.

Worked for me too. Hoping it holds out. Sucks for the people home during the day/european folks but it works out real well for US players that work 9-5 jobs.

Sylas

RDMs: What is your aoe rotation?

Currently I just do Scatter (sometimes scatter into dual into swift scatter), use contre on cooldown and use mouli whenever I get 90 in both mana

Is it better to use Scatter -> Single Target VerAero/Thunder to build mana faster for more moulinet or is it better to just do what I've been doing?

Scatter until 90/90. Corps-a-corps in, moulinet until 30/30, displacement. Manafication, corps-a-corps, moulinet until empty, displacement back out.

Otherwise, as you said, contre on CD. Like someone said, scatter -> single target is best when there are 3 targets.

They actually probably could make a not insignificant dent in the problem, because while PC users will have a bunch of easy options open, PS4 users would be more limited in ways to circumvent it.

Possibly, although I'm not entirely convinced running forward constantly doesn't prevent afking, which is easily done by blocking one of the sticks forward(or any direction really). So all you'd need is to leave your pad face down with a book on it for weight or whatever.

iammeiam

Are there any NA servers aside form Balmung and Gilga that had serious queue problems still?

It didn't really make a difference for Levi that I can see; went from 30 in queue to 12 but I just cancelled out and relogged and it was instant like always (another forbidden hax that I will potentially be banned for.)

LordKasual

Banned
I don't really agree that the expansion is perfect. Big spoilers and whatnot... They really ruined the moment in the
post credit scene with Gosetsu and Yotsuyu alive which made Doma's freedom kinda worthless, imo. Like, I could identify with the Domans and why they wanted freedom but that whole scene after the credits was something entirely stupid.
How did they survive? I mean as a player that scene made them look dead. I know if you talk to the npc they say they can't find the bodies but still. It's just a terrible off putting moment and made all the work we did look like shite. I dont even agree on fantastic villains either. Fordola is terrible, Zenos I saw coming from a mile away,
and Yotsuyu was evil for the sake of being with the empire. We haven't seen any great villains in this expansion at all.

Everything else I can probably agree with.

I actually agree with the point on
Yotsuyu and Gosetsu. The backpedaling here was completely unnecessary...what is there even to get out of Yotsuyu anymore?There is no way in hell she's ever going to be able to redeem herself, her troubled past be dammed. And any situation where she's reintroduced into society without instantly being mob lynch'd is just going to feel silly.

Gosetsu is a fun enough character, cool that he's back, but he got wetted up with like 6 pistol shots before the building collapsed on him....unless he's found a way to keep physick on CC he should be RIP right now

Other than that, the way the villains were handled this time around was nice i guess. The bittersweetness of it all, i guess in an attempt to avoid a "YAY we killed the bad guys" situation. Except for Fordola, i see no reason why any of the heroes kept letting her stupid ass slip away.

Victory over Zenos in particular isn't even bittersweet, it's just completely empty. He might as well have gone out achieving Nirvana.

Blitzhex

So far,
2 for the black one
1 for red
1 lalafell hater
There's also this sith lord option:
C098102BC773E13D087592ECE8FF4809F475EA44

The sets are so good for samurai, there's a thousand awesome combos. Feels good coming from heavensward trash outfits.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So far,
2 for the black one
1 for red
1 lalafell hater

Meh.

I agree that the red clashes if you could get them to match that would be ideal.

Sifl

I don't think Warrior is bad, but they should really make some adjustments before the savage raids for it. There's way too much staring at the Beast Gauge and going "I have 80 points inner beast/and or berserk is coming up in 20ish seconds, I need to use upheveal to burn 20 points then do a path combo, burn 20 with onslaught, do another path then do an eye for the 6 fell cleave window" or a similar scenario to that. Feels like too much of a chore to play it optimally. God forbid you switch stances then you start getting weird numbers on your gauge like 48,73, etc.
Edit:After typing this I realized you don't even need to do the 2nd path combo in my scenario to reach 100 points, can just do 2 eye's.

Luminaire

So far,
2 for the black one
1 for red
1 lalafell hater

The sets are so good for samurai, there's a thousand awesome combos. Feels good coming from heavensward trash outfits.

Get the kinna weapon and glamour it. Sith lord extreme.

Reszo

And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting the tomestone of verity gear anytime soon with these "more than 30 min" dungeon queues lol

Making my way through pre-HW MSQ and other things, but I have to say, the community has been absolutely terrific and it makes me really glad I came back to the game. I haven't done much with the GAF FC, but just doing DF had been such a much better experience than what I remember 3 years ago. I was always too nervous to be a tank, but decided to try it out once I redubbed. Everyone has been more than accommodating when I'm still learning mechanics. And getting all 3 commendations at the end of the dungeons makes me feel that I did an good job and didn't piss anyone off too much. I'm really enjoying tanking so far (especially the lightning fast queues). Looking forward to seeing how things go as I progress even more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting the tomestone of verity gear anytime soon with these "more than 30 min" dungeon queues lol

If you really want to farm Verity as DPS you should do POTD (60 per run..?), or PVP (50 for frontlines) or Hunts (like 20 for an A, 50 for a S).

Apoptomon

So did the ridiculously heavy-handed "we can't circumvent our own measures against compromising player data, so we'll just switch whole datacenters into maintenance mode" measure actually end up validating it's own existence, or nah?

About LotD: I haven't had much experience with it, seeing as the only level 70 content I've done that isn't overworld was the final dungeon of Stormblood MSQ, but.... you get 1 Jump every 30s and 1 Spineshatter Dive every 60s, and after either of those you can do 1 Mirage Dive in the next 15s. Once you've done 4 of those, your next Geirskogul (which may take a further 30s to be available if you {just used it} activates LotD. In short, short fights or fights with downtimes probably won't get to use it much or at all.

(someone correct me if i am wrong)

Wagram

What's wrong with it?

Whatever it is can't be as bad as confessions on whm

It takes roughly a minute and 30 seconds to activate. Once activated you can use Nastrond, an ability that does a lot of damage (every 10 seconds roughly 3 times). However, if you lose Life of the Dragon at any time you lose all your stacks and lose the ability completely. Most fights have invincibility, jump, phase mechanics in them. Susano Ex in particular is extremely nasty and will cause all that effort to be erased with no payoff.

When you combine with the fact that DRG does the lowest DPS of any physical melee, the animation locks of both jump/mirage dive and the obtuseness of Dragon Sight it makes the class extremely frustrating.

I've been playing Lancer since early access 1.0. I hate Dragoon right now. It's obtuse, rigid, unfun, and frustrating all at once with no payoff.

Susex down, pretty fun fight though that little dance in the end is tricky and I was pretty undergeared considering the limit break would kill me if I wasn't at full health lul

Cmagus

Omg Susano EX I don't think I've been more frustrated doing a primal yet lol. How hard is it to take your giant purple marker over your head across the giant red line in the center of the arena like holy shit every party fails the most basic mechanic.

What are the odds we'll see a new server for NA sometime soon? EU just got one and congestion seems pretty bad over here.

I would kinda like to roll a fresh character on a new server, especially with those exp bonuses. Rolling on a new server was how I found my forever home in WoW. I'm just kinda drifting between characters right now in 14.

What are the odds we'll see a new server for NA sometime soon? EU just got one and congestion seems pretty bad over here.

I would kinda like to roll a fresh character on a new server, especially with those exp bonuses. Rolling on a new server was how I found my forever home in WoW. I'm just kinda drifting between characters right now in 14.
Not a chance, NA has several small servers that could handle any data center wide congestion problems.

EU needed a new server because they have fewer servers and each one of them is as active as mid-high NA population servers.

iammeiam

Super low.

EU got two, but EU also has zero 'Preferred' (low-population) servers. They needed a new server because their servers were either already decent sized or too big.

NA has a couple of way-too-big servers, a number of decently populated ones, and four 'preferred' worlds.

As long as we have four low-pop servers it's super unlikely they're going to add another server; the congestion problems won't be fixed by a new server as people who wouldn't leave Balmung before won't leave it now, and the congestion won't change.

Luigi87

So dipping my toes into SB, I really love the fanfare for starting and ending a quest. It's much more energetic and optimistic feeling than Heavensward's somewhat more foreboding feel.

Ah, thanks for the definitive answers. Guess I'll continue to oscillate wildly between a packed server and a dead one. Really should stick with the NIN since he's 60 I suppose.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I don't see NA getting more servers as they already have low pop ones and folks aren't necessarily going to them. Places like Balmung and Gilgamesh got gigantic because they became known as the places to go for people looking for something specific from the game (RP and raiding respectively).

With cross server party finder now, I do wonder if it'll lighten the load somewhat at least for raiders since they mostly just need to get on Aether data center for access to party finder rather than flooding Gilgamesh. I'm over there and it's very easy to get stuff started with folks from Gilgamesh and Sargatanus, where most of the raiders migrated to, then people on other servers who want to raid on that data center can hop on board too.

R0ckman

Huh, just finished the
Doma Castle
dungeon.
The "stalker trope" brute guy kind of had an akward end, he just drops dead, should have said something like "I'm taking you with me!!! And activated a self destruct thing.
Felt like an abrupt end rather than one with a satifying conclusion.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I am an idiot and thought I read the information on Grade VI materia as "one per piece of gear." Turns out that it is "you can't advanced meld" or something like that. So, I slapped one VI and one V on all my gear. T-T If I get Mutamix to remove it, it removes both. =/ Guess I'm boned.

Top Bottom