• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

AkumaNiko

I'm fairly confident Media Create doesn't track digital sales, which I would guess make up the lion's share of an MMO expansion's sales.

Plus, it was the second-highest charting title behind ARMS and the biggest launch of the week, so

nor does it track PC sales.

Guess Who

Banned
Sure, and maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt digital sales are important on consoles in Japan.

They aren't huge business, but for an MMO specifically - where the disc is basically worthless, your console is already guaranteed to be online and entirely storing the game on the hard drive, and all you need is a license key to download a patch - I'd bet digital sales are higher than average.

R0ckman

Did Oboro do more than appear in one MSQ scene in Stormblood? Want to make sure I didn't miss him in anything. He seems to just appear with no explanation as mere cameo.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Finished up Stormblood 2 days ago. Thought the story was great.

I noticed a staggering number of grammatical errors and dropped words throughout the quests though. More than ARR and HW combined I think. I don't mean intentional errors for flavor either. There was even a line left entirely in Japanese. Seems like QA was lax there.

ebil

Did Oboro do more than appear in one MSQ scene in Stormblood? Want to make sure I didn't miss him in anything. He seems to just appear with no explanation as mere cameo.
Not that I'm aware of, which was sort of weird. He of course features prominently in the the Ninja job quests (which are pretty damn great this time around!).

Job instances seem a lot harder. I've failed lv68 Monk a couple of times now, I might just go back later and brute force it at lv70...

Oh on a side note, Monk's quest still sucks.
The montage sequence in lv68 was fun, and reminding me of a better questline by bringing the Pugilist Guild back for like a minute of screen time was nice. For an expansion that had monk as a poster boy this is really disappointing.
Also Widargelt fighting 'the Griffin' feels like a very big deal considering what happened just before Stormblood. Feels weird that's happening in a job quest.

Scatter until 90/90. Corps-a-corps in, moulinet until 30/30, displacement. Manafication, corps-a-corps, moulinet until empty, displacement back out.

Otherwise, as you said, contre on CD. Like someone said, scatter -> single target is best when there are 3 targets.
It's better to go to 80/80,one moulinet and then manafication.

Pigs

I have just got FFXIV on steam with stormblood. So far everything is working fine, but when I log into the mogstation it shows my account only has the base game with no expansions.

vyASnYp.jpg

Like that..

Stormblood shows up as installed on steam. I'm not high enough level to get to the stormblood content yet, so I was wondering if there is any way to tell if it is installed correctly. I didn't think anything about it not showing up on mog station until I saw a video where the title screen showed Hevensward and another showing storm blood. My title screen only shows A Relm Reborn.

duckroll

The uh, level 70 dragoon quest instance is actually really rad.

Only time I ever had to use Elusive Jump lol.

I have just got FFXIV on steam with stormblood. So far everything is working fine, but when I log into the mogstation it shows my account only has the base game with no expansions.

vyASnYp.jpg

Like that..

Stormblood shows up as installed on steam. I'm not high enough level to get to the stormblood content yet, so I was wondering if there is any way to tell if it is installed correctly. I didn't think anything about it not showing up on mog station until I saw a video where the title screen showed Hevensward and another showing storm blood. My title screen only shows A Relm Reborn.

Check the cdkeys in Steam, you should have keys for ARR, HW, and SB. You need to add each one into Mogstation.

Squishy3

vyASnYp.jpg

Like that..

You'll have CD keys viewable by right clicking Stormblood and hitting "view game cd key" and then you need to register that on your mogstation account.

Only time I ever had to use Elusive Jump lol.
It's on a 60s CD, you can use it like all the time now!

duckroll

I've tried that and it tells me the entered code is invalid. I guess I'll have to contact support.

Are you typing it in or copying and pasting? You should just copy and paste because it needs to be all caps. Are you also adding it in the right part of Mogstation? It's not an item code.

Etroveria

Neo Member
But it's about Japan, they only play FFXIV on PS4.

Every Japanese i know play on PC lol

Other than that, the way the villains were handled this time around was nice i guess. The bittersweetness of it all, i guess in an attempt to avoid a "YAY we killed the bad guys" situation. Except for Fordola, i see no reason why any of the heroes kept letting her stupid ass slip away.

Victory over Zenos in particular isn't even bittersweet, it's just completely empty. He might as well have gone out achieving Nirvana.

I think Lyse had a point about dying is easier and living is harder so Fordola had to redeem herself by living, or something. That's why she called Zenos murdering himself a coward.

I gotta agree on Zenos' part though. I feel like one last 1v1 instance versus him would have felt more rewarding.

KuroNeeko

edit: Actually, I can see that you've replied to another, similar post I made earlier, so I'll delete this one! Guess I should read the whole thread before responding! ^^;

And that is the point, right? I tell this to translators on my team all the time: it's ok to stray from the translation if it ADDS to the original piece. You don't insert in humor, memes, puns, or literal gags for the sake of it--that's just creative masturbation. You do it only when it makes sense to and the end result is greater than the original.

Here, it's a cheap attempt at racy humor that, is not only not fitting, but cheapens both one of the few emotional scenes in ARR and completely changes how players feel about Urianger as a character. So, I can get behind things like "Ifrit Bleeds You Can Kill It", sure, but I don't feel like it was worth it at all in this case.

I agree; I can't get behind this particular bit of translation flavor. Turning a dead woman into a sex doll is in poor taste.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Job instances seem a lot harder. I've failed lv68 Monk a couple of times now, I might just go back later and brute force it at lv70...

Most of the enemies are short ranged, so I just kept on the move to stay out of range of too many at once and let Erik heal me a bit, and tried to hit as many as possible with Rockbreaker at the end of each combo. Beat it on my second try. Was just using Striking gear rewarded from quests.

kaze343

vyASnYp.jpg

Like that..

is your ARR from steam or just the pc version? the pc version and the steam version cant be combined. if you started on pc, you have to buy from the SE store or any retail place for the pc version.

Pigs

is your ARR from steam or just the pc version? the pc version and the steam version cant be combined. if you started on pc, you have to buy from the SE store or any retail place for the pc version.

I think I tried the trial once on PC a long time ago. Does that mean I have to create a new character? How come the base game is working fine on steam? I have bought both ARR and Stormblood off Steam because of the sale.

Looks like I just missed Squarenix support by an hour...

iammeiam

vyASnYp.jpg

Like that..

You can't buy from Steam. You have a non-Steam Windows copy, so no Steam codes will ever work for you.

Steam licenses for the base game have Standard (Steam) on Mogstation, not just Standard.

The actual executable and login doesn't care what license you have, it lets all PC copies downloaded anywhere log in on anything Windows. But for license registration, Steam and non-steam licenses cannot be mixed.

AFAIK, there's no migration either. You can either start a new Service Account and Character with the Steam codes by adding a service account, you just can't use anything you had before.

duckroll

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Mogstation strikes again. S-E's stupid ass infrastructure bites customers in the ass and makes it harder for people who want to throw money at S-E to do so. BIG WIN!

Baliis

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Mogstation strikes again. S-E's stupid ass infrastructure bites customers in the ass and makes it harder for people who want to throw money at S-E to do so. BIG WIN!

It's amazing how companies can do so many things right sometimes, but still fuck up the absolute basics.

Pigs

Lame, I knew the expansions could only work with the platform you have the base game for, which is why I bought the complete Steam version. I guess I'll see if support can move the 30days I paid for and create a new account.

This is giving me flashbacks of creating a character in FFXI....

The uh, actual solution would be to get a refund from Steam since you haven't redeemed the code on the Steam copy and buy Stormblood from Square or Greenmangaming or the like, unless you're not attached to your previous character at all.

The problem is I don't have the base game outside of steam, and I'm not sure I can get a refund since I've already played 12 hours on it. If I just refund Stormblood only and bought the expansion on GMG do you think it would work with the Seam version of ARR, since it will be tied to my S-E account? I'm worried I'll have to buy ARR again. I guess I'll see what support can do for me tomorrow.

Squishy3

Lame, I knew the expansions could only work with the platform you have the base game for, which is why I bought the complete Steam version. I guess I'll see if support can move the 30days I paid for and create a new account.

This is giving me flashbacks of creating a character in FFXI....
The uh, actual solution would be to get a refund from Steam since you haven't redeemed the code on the Steam copy and buy Stormblood from Square or Greenmangaming or the like, unless you're not attached to your previous character at all.

So I got my second corruption and have the pleasure of redownloading all 22GB of patch updates on my ps4 for a THIRD TIME including launch because of a 1 second power surge/outage.

Fix, your fucking game.

Xux

Oh man. That Lakshmi theme, though. If you were to look up stepping up in the dictionary, it'd just be Soken's face.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I need that Fox Pup minion lol! Is there any guides out there yet to get it? Do you have to be lvl70?

No, you just need to try get to the FATE in Yanxia called "Foxy Lady", which doesn't show up on the map. Usually when it pops its broadcasted in various places like FC chats or Hunt linkshells.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6i5xk9/wip_spawning_the_fox_spirit_fate_in_stormblood/

As long as you get gold level credit for the fate (easy to do with a party), you'll get the tokens. But you have to finish the MSQ before you unlock the vendor you can turn these tokens into.

Edzi

Oh man, the entire 3.x Nidhogg sequence was fantastic. I don't know why they didn't just end 3.0 with that, Thordan feels kind of flaccid in comparison.

If you are a tank and you have Anticipation equipped, I hate you. Please stop.

As a newish tank (I played PLD in 2.0 but I maybe played 2.1 and then left? I dunno, I had my Relic weapon at Zenith level) and trying to pick it back up again, there's something better?

Not asking aggressively, genuinely curious. Want to be as good as I can be and it seems like a decent buff.

tried queing into the last story trial for bonus wonderous tales rerolls.

big fucking mistake. Hope SE never nerfs that fight so that bads can stay stuck there.

iammeiam

Spent the night in PF again; did a couple of random Menagerie clears to see the fight at not-5AM-after-too-much-grinding. It's not bad verity? The fight itself is only 10, but you get 20 for new player bonus. The split was usually 5 newbies to 3 helpers, and it was interesting to see how forgiving it is but how utterly reliant it is on having people with rez not die.

Joined a random Susano clear group to grab the last 7 totems and stumbled across the rare max DPS WHM in its natural habitat, taken to comical extremes.The last pull had him at ~3.8k HPS to my ~5.9k, but he absolutely rolled me for damage with 1.6k to my 600.

Mostly interesting because I went to look and see if he'd found the real secret of the Lily or Confessions, but in the entire fight he cast Cure II 5 times and Cure 0 times sooooo as expected the secret of the new WHM mechanics is to just ignore them and throw rocks and hope somebody else deals with the PLD wanting to eat everything raw.

Need to grab the verity aiming boots and then I'm as geared as I can possibly be on all the things I could end up raiding on, and can go back to the true endgame, leveling fisher and hopefully price gouging people for a minion if the market doesn't crash before I get that far.

They aren't huge business, but for an MMO specifically - where the disc is basically worthless, your console is already guaranteed to be online and entirely storing the game on the hard drive, and all you need is a license key to download a patch - I'd bet digital sales are higher than average.

The disc is basically worthless for all ps4 games, but you're not going to get the DL version for 3500 yen. I wanted the DL version, but went for the physical one.

Top Bottom