• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

kaze343

Yes (unless you grab the mouse or use virtual mouse (ew) for less critical things), though you can also rebind buttons (say, stick clicks) to macros 98 and 99, and put up hotbars for the cooldowns.

until i notice there was an easier way, i used the touch pad mouse to hit vril in lakshmi.

Silav101

It's also very usefull if you use a hotbar only to see if "hidden" skills are still on CD. This shit was game-changing for me when I learned it.

nFhFRha.jpg

Yep yep. Gamechanger. I have my cooldowns mirrored on a horizontal hotbar on top of the chat box, where you yours on the side of the x-hotbar; i keep my gauges there for all my classes lol

Shahed

Riddle of Fire feels so bad to use as a MNK. who thought it was a good idea to make MNK's go slow again? Yes 30% damage buff is nice, but I hate the 15% speed penalty. I'd much rather that 30% got nerfed to 20 and they left the speed alone

On a side not 1 hour till force log off on Odin. Not sure if it's full Chaos datacentre

tmtyf

Damn that sounds fun. Should I move to Balmung? I've always wondered why some dungeons have bits of lore you can interact with and read and so on, when everyone just rushes them. I might finally have found my soulmates in FFXIV!

Balmung is the best place if you like RP. Queue to get in are horrible ATM though. Even with the logging people out thing last night I was still had a 1900 person wait.

This is only for evening est though, morning/afternoon usually get right in.

Thinking about resubing this, dropped out before heavensward, does the steam edition come with a month sub for free or do I still got to resub afterwards?

Riddle of Fire feels so bad to use as a MNK. who thought it was a good idea to make MNK's go slow again? Yes 30% damage buff is nice, but I hate the 15% speed penalty. I'd much rather that 30% got nerfed to 20 and they left the speed alone

On a side not 1 hour till force log off on Odin. Not sure if it's full Chaos datacentre
Your autos still go out at full speed so its not that bad.

I'm just... really disappointed with Monk right now. The changes sounded neat at first, but having played it to 70, I'm just like ugh.

I'm not giving it up (yet), but I am leveling my Ninja and actually having fun, so...

IvorB

So, as I was about to log off yesterday I finally got a solid lead on the Foxy Lady. After trekking, swimming and flying to deal with this stupid instance crap, I actually made it there in time. Then I died. But at least I saw it.

Shahed

I'm just... really disappointed with Monk right now. The changes sounded neat at first, but having played it to 70, I'm just like ugh.

I'm not giving it up (yet), but I am leveling my Ninja and actually having fun, so...
I wasn't sure which class I wanted as my melee this expansion. I never really liked Ninja due to the Mudra's and lack of positionals. MNK just feels like a worse version of HW. Like they simplified it and made it more boring since you don't need to work to time Demolish refreshes and stuff. Dragoon is also gated by Life of the Dragon so much. It takes far too long to enter it, and it isn't even very good. I don't really care about the viability, meta or how much damage they do. I just want them to be fun to play :(

Please let Samurai be good when I get around to it!

Apoptomon

Completed the Stormblood MSQ a couple hours ago. That final fight!
The party I was in managed to get through it without disbanding or the instance timer running out, but we did wipe many times (at least once at 1 or 2%, super frustrating!) and ended up with 15 min to spare. Maybe half the party was new though, and I did my part to live up to DRG's less-than-sterling reputation - mostly from the room-wide sweep and having to run all the way across the field in a short time.

Arkeband

Banned
I wonder if we can get 24 people from the GAF FC together for a first blind RP run on Return to Ivalice when it hits. We'll be members of the Matsuno Exploratory Company and have to slowly explore each and every corner of the raid, taking screens for evidence as needed, in search of signs of life from Matsuno the Gawd. Anyone???

You're doing it wrong, you have to enforce it on some poor random bastard who sat in an hour long DPS queue and then tell him if he doesn't like it he can take a penalty and requeue because he doesn't pay your sub.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. I think Anticipation is a trap and not really useful at all. Dark Knights still love it even though their entire synergy with parry has been scrapped. Confusing, to say the least.

A cooldown's a cooldown, I feel like you're being a little unfair here.

Shahed

Anticipation is really useful in dungeons. It's a short 60 second cooldown and you can use it every pack, sometimes more than once. I don't take it in Trials though since Shirk and Reprisal are better there, but I would definitely take it if yiu had 6 or 7 slots instead. I wouldn't use it for a tabk buster, but it'd be good passive mitigation inbetween them when I'm tanking the boss in Deliverance

Dark Dance was okay because you could pair it up with some other minor cooldowns to make it worthwhile on some bosses. Anticipation needing one role slot since the shit you'd pair it with is also cross role sounds awful lol

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Thinking about resubing this, dropped out before heavensward, does the steam edition come with a month sub for free or do I still got to resub afterwards?
If you want to use your old account you would have to pay the subscription fee. The only time you get a free monthly subscription is if you buy A Real Reborn on a different platform you didn't have to access before.

Redhood

I just got logged out stating that all worlds are undergoing maintenance! Is this happening for anyone else? Now I cannot login.

ebil

Okay, so they're doing the simultaneous logout thing on Chaos right now (which I wasn't aware of as I just logged in in the middle of an Ixion pull). Instead of resetting the thing they basically just... Force DC every player one by one. It feels incredibly stupid.

I had no queue when I logged in and now there are 800 people in it. Hopefully it makes prime time better otherwise it's just annoying for no reason, lol.

Shahed

Dark Dance was okay because you could pair it up with some other minor cooldowns to make it worthwhile on some bosses. Anticipation needing one role slot since the shit you'd pair it with is also cross role sounds awful lol
I think Role abilities should go up to 6 or 7. There's too many useful abilities (as tank anyway); on top of that how many people do you actually take a stun or silence?

Hagi

Oh man I haven't played since before the first expansion came out and just impulse bought the complete edition because Stormblood looks so cool. Think I'm going to start a new character since it's been so long and so much will have changed.

What do I need to level to 50 to get Samurai? Is Ultros good for EU folks or is it better to stick closer to home? Expecting to be overwhelmed.

Foxxsoxx

Oh man I haven't played since before the first expansion came out and just impulse bought the complete edition because Stormblood looks so cool. Think I'm going to start a new character since it's been so long and so much will have changed.

What do I need to level to 50 to get Samurai? Is Ultros good for EU folks or is it better to stick closer to home? Expecting to be overwhelmed.

You'd probably want to stick closer to your data center. It's already ping heavy as it is.

Also you just need to get to 50 in order to unlock Samurai.

Sorian

Banned
Okay, so they're doing the simultaneous logout thing on Chaos right now (which I wasn't aware of as I just logged in in the middle of an Ixion pull). Instead of resetting the thing they basically just... Force DC every player one by one. It feels incredibly stupid.

I had no queue when I logged in and now there are 800 people in it. Hopefully it makes prime time better otherwise it's just annoying for no reason, lol.

Sorry, it's just annoying for no reason. Just SE's newest incompetence.

Or a regular Thursday.

Either/or

The cooldown is good, it's very strong especially with the oGCD abilities and stuff. The problem is how bad it feels. It just feels so slow all of a sudden, and it kills your rythm too. On monk after playing enough I can generally do the rotation without looking at the keys other than checking for cooldowns for stuff every now and then and focus on the fight, but whenever I use riddle of fire, I have to look down at my bars again because the GCD is off so I don't get my basic combos right. Like I'll press snap punch and start moving to the back for bootshine but snap punch didn't fire yet cause slower GCD. It's very minor but it's annoying, and really serves no purpose. I guess having Raging Strikes: Monk Edition would be boring, but honestly this feels bad too.

Im completely new to MMO's. The closest ive come to playing one is Destiny.
I just want to play something that is close to what Destiny originally was supposed to be.

What is a good class for beginners? And tips on how to play it?
Im just starting and bought both expansions.
Im thinking White Mage or Scholar, i mained Defender in Destiny. Im thinking people are always looking for a support character in general? And wont be too much in the way with my "newness" as a healer.

Berordn

I just want to play something that is close to what Destiny originally was supposed to be.

Im thinking White Mage or Scholar, i mained Defender in Destiny. Im thinking people are always looking for a support character in general? And wont be too much in the way with my "newness" as a healer.

Frankly I think it can be just as easy to tank as it is to heal. They require different things of you, but yeah everyone's always looking for support.

Scholar's a good idea to start with though, since you can just as easily switch to Summoner if you decide healing's not your forte.

ebil

If you want to play a healer, Conjurer (which later becomes White Mage) is your only choice starting from level 1 as you can't be a Scholar before level 30. Luckily, it's very beginner friendly and very strongl both in the healing and damage department this expansion. It's a very solid choice if you're interested in healing. Your queues will be quick and yes, healers are usually more sought after than DPS, but less than tanks (although I usually get instant queues on both for anything these days).

Firebrand

Free months are only with the base game (once for each platform you register), though you can ask someone who has you on their friendlist or in your FC to send you an invite for 7 free days.

Luigi87

I wonder if we can get 24 people from the GAF FC together for a first blind RP run on Return to Ivalice when it hits. We'll be members of the Matsuno Exploratory Company and have to slowly explore each and every corner of the raid, taking screens for evidence as needed, in search of signs of life from Matsuno the Gawd. Anyone???
Nobody send duckroll any crystals... He's attempting to summon a Primal!

Is there a way to expand the chat log to full screen while using mouse & keyboard, like when you press Triangle on a controller? Can't seem to find out how to do it, aside from manually dragging the window to and from that size which is.. not ideal lol

IvorB

Well, last I knew GAF was officially a RP FC so this shouldn't be an issue...

I've only just managed to get 3 million gill together. I can finally get a small plot and get me a house when Kugane hits, but I won't be able to because the server will crash as everyone rushes to weab town.

I should invest in a crafter and earn big bucks

Just managed to beat the final boss.

Holy shit. Yoshi-P, I wasn't expecting your team to beat King Thordan (for me) but you did...

Very fun fight, but the team refusing to react or listen...not so much, but we won in the end so who cares :p

Omni

I'd just like to take a moment to say that esuna being a role action is so god damn stupid

I guess it would help if I were motivated enough to swap healer actions every instance but ain't no one got time for that

Aeana

I'd just like to take a moment to say that esuna being a role action is so god damn stupid

I guess it would help if I were motivated enough to swap healer actions every instance but ain't no one got time for that

You can macro action changes. I actually have them macroed into a few of my abilities. I.e. my protect button swaps in protect, casts it, then changes protect to eye for an eye. It works whenever you're not in combat.

MogCakes

Using innuendo-laden macros as it turns out makes me cringe every time I hit the button. I think I'll stick to utilitarian messages from here out.

Omni

You can macro action changes. I actually have them macroed into a few of my abilities. I.e. my protect button swaps in protect, casts it, then changes protect to eye for an eye. It works whenever you're not in combat.

Huh, I did not know this! Would make things so much easier. Could have protect and swap it out for esuna hmmmm

Sheppard

That sounds awesome. Is that macro practical for anything else?

Aeana

Huh, I did not know this! Would make things so much easier. Could have protect and swap it out for esuna hmmmm

That sounds awesome. Is that macro practical for anything else?

I'm sure other jobs could get some use out of it. Do it like so:

Code:
/aaction "Eye for an Eye" off
/aaction "Protect" on

Turning an action "on" only works if you've got an open space (created by "off").
Note that if you want to use an ability and then change, you'll have to insert a /wait after the ability use since you can't do both things at once.

MechaX

Man, I know I need to level BLM and RDM to 70 if for nothing else but to clear a lot of this caster shit out of my inventory.

But shooting lasers and playing flutes with Bard is so fun.

Top Bottom