• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

IvorB

My little side project is to get the Garo mount and PvP is kind of fun so it's all good. Anyone have any detailed intel on what I need to do? I have enough wolf marks now to get the full set of armour. Do I need to get the armour that corresponds to the job I want to take to the fight? Or do I just need the armour to get the title then I am free to take any job?

MNK's been super fun for me. Little RNG dependent, but if you have a few melees in the group you can definitely compete with Samurai for top DPS, while also providing the only Mantra in the game and Brotherhood.

IDK, my group isn't looking to play the absolute most god tier comp but I think MNK is in a good spot. Seeing those huge Direct Crits with Riddle of Fire on is so nice

Kiyo

My little side project is to get the Garo mount and PvP is kind of fun so it's all good. Anyone have any detailed intel on what I need to do? I have enough wolf marks now to get the full set of armour. Do I need to get the armour that corresponds to the job I want to take to the fight? Or do I just need the armour to get the title then I am free to take any job?

Just equip the full set of armor to get the title. Once you have the title you can use any job/equipment in PvP as long as you have the title on.

Thorgal

Using innuendo-laden macros as it turns out makes me cringe every time I hit the button. I think I'll stick to utilitarian messages from here out.

But how else will people know how angsty and brooding I am if I don't macro dank sentences to all my dark Knight skills?

Shy Fingers

Banned

Armor + weapon, talk to the lady and get the title.

As long as you're wearing the title in the PvP match doesn't matter what class or gear you're wearing.

I've been playing WAR with the scholar title

Using innuendo-laden macros as it turns out makes me cringe every time I hit the button. I think I'll stick to utilitarian messages from here out.

One of my healer buddies as a macro pun sentence for almost every skill he's using + <se.#>... I'm glad he only brings that out occasionally.

ebil

After leveling PLD a little through dungeons to compare my experience with DRK... This job feels indestructible now to the point that it's unfair. Also, so many buttons compared to most other jobs, which I find quite ironic considering PLD has been the "boring" tank option for the past two expansions.

Baliis

I wonder if we can get 24 people from the GAF FC together for a first blind RP run on Return to Ivalice when it hits. We'll be members of the Matsuno Exploratory Company and have to slowly explore each and every corner of the raid, taking screens for evidence as needed, in search of signs of life from Matsuno the Gawd. Anyone???

Something something Matsuno world when???

Luminaire

Armor + weapon, talk to the lady and get the title.

As long as you're wearing the title in the PvP match doesn't matter what class or gear you're wearing.

I've been playing WAR with the scholar title

One of my healer buddies as a macro pun sentence for almost every skill he's using + <se.#>... I'm glad he only brings that out occasionally.

I want to strangle every one of the ASTs who use Yugioh quotes, as well as the people who use Pokémon quotes for SMN.

After leveling PLD a little through dungeons to compare my experience with DRK... This job feels indestructible now to the point that it's unfair. Also, so many buttons compared to most other jobs, which I find quite ironic considering PLD has been the "boring" tank option for the past two expansions.

I'm a huge fan of making all things fun instead of shitting on what's fun so it's down to the level of a failure you created.

I hope they don't trash PLD and instead reverse some of the WAR changes (like the dumb stance change drain).

I just got Holy Spirit yesterday and it's nice to have a meaty ranged option. Will be even better once I get Requiescat.

ebil

I'm a huge fan of making all things fun instead of shitting on what's fun so it's down to the level of a failure you created.

I hope they don't trash PLD and instead reverse some of the WAR changes (like the dumb stance change drain).

I just got Holy Spirit yesterday and it's nice to have a meaty ranged option. Will be even better once I get Requiescat.
Yeah, I agree. I haven't touched WAR yet but I hope they just address some of its supposed clunk to make it more fun to play (and I hope they make TBN last a bit longer to make that gameplay loop more satisfying). PLD is a goddamn beast now, though. It plays super well.

What's the least clunky caster? I'm guessing BLM?
The only somewhat "clunky" caster is SMN because they couldn't figure out how to make pets more responsive and because SMNs are punished for failure to a far greater degree than most jobs but you get used to it very quickly. RDM and BLM both are very smooth. BLM is very satisfying now.

aceface

The way all GAF dun scaith went, there won't be any time to explore. We beat it with about 4 minutes left and only because the last boss kills himself.

duckroll

Something something Matsuno world when???

JB88Zbb.png

LordKasual

Banned
Jumped into a Lakshimi Ex learning party....we cleared it after the 5th run.

The idea to make different primals drop different gear feels like a good way to keep content fresh, and the new fights don't seem half as punishing as the 2.0/Heavensward ones.

R0ckman

Looks like somone on reddit had the same feeling I did on Grynewaht. Character felt undone or just gotten out of the way out of obligation. Too much screentime for the job they did on his conclusion.

Would have helped even a fraction if
he was the cause of the ceiling collaspe, basically after the party hearing Yotsuyu speak about the dice, you hear Grynewhat screaming "Didn't I say we would all be going together!?! "You will all die here!! Hahahaha!" and cut to a scene of him blowing the foundations of the roof (through suicide bombing of his magitech tank) to trigger the collaspe.

Panda Rin

New to all of this - been absent for over 2 years now. The double exp bonuses for low-pop servers. I'm guessing this won't apply to world transfer characters? I since moved to Asia, so I'll need to transfer from NA to JP.

Me and my GF transferred our lvl 60's from Ragnarok (EU) to the new Louisoix server. As a result we were able to pool our money together and buy our first house to share, only a small one but it's still kinda cool.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Amen. Bard is finally fun.

With all the songs being a core part of rotation alongside some other new twists, it feels like I am hitting far more hotkeys than ever before, which consequently, and ironically, also limited my ability to move as freely like in the pre-bowcaster days.

Or at least using a controller where I can't keep my thumb off the dpad hotkeys long enough in my rotation to actually use the stick to dance about the battlefield.

kromeo

I think T5 and the running up and down the hill as a group is still the most ridiculously designed fight I've seen in this game

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Merlwyb's high point was a 1.23 cutscene and she's been going steadily downhill since then.

Maybe one day the story will focus on one of the original cities that isn't Uldah but not today.

Tanston

Are parsers pretty much the best way to gauge my effectiveness as DPS? My main is healer but i've been dabbling with DPS for fun and really have no idea if my DPS is up to par. I've researched rotations and all that but i'm just not sure if my execution is where it should be or if I've got a lot of room to improve.

Also is there a recomended/safe website to download a parser from? I haven't looked at the world of MMO mods for at least 5 years. Is curse still the place to go?

scy

XIV parser option is just ACT; everything for getting it and setting up the nicer looking overlays can be found here. As for other methods, there's the in-game Stone, Sky, Sea stuff but they don't really do much besides being a timed dummy fight.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently despite what the tooltip says Acceleration DOES work with Verholy and Verflare which opens the door for some interesting trickery.

Nice coding SE. Or tooltip writing, one of the two.

Baliis

Are parsers pretty much the best way to gauge my effectiveness as DPS? My main is healer but i've been dabbling with DPS for fun and really have no idea if my DPS is up to par. I've researched rotations and all that but i'm just not sure if my execution is where it should be or if I've got a lot of room to improve.

Also is there a recomended/safe website to download a parser from? I haven't looked at the world of MMO mods for at least 5 years. Is curse still the place to go?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACTOverlayPlugin/comments/3b7ogz/instructionslatest_download/

Is the guide I used the other day to set it up and had no issues, though I'm using the kagerou overlay instead of the one included there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACTOverlay..._by_step_tutorial_for_fresh_act_install_with/ send

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apparently despite what the tooltip says Acceleration DOES work with Verholy and Verflare which opens the door for some interesting trickery.

Nice coding SE. Or tooltip writing, one of the two.
Yes. I don't think it makes much of a difference because unless you mess up your rotation you'll be getting that 100% proc anyway.

Sciel

Lakshmi
Ex cleared multiple times in DF today for my full healer set.

This really is the easiest Ex Primal fight in all of 2.0,3.0,4.0.

Top Bottom