• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Etroveria

Neo Member
why would you ever do this? What changed? >.>

I have weak spot for "equal hero-villain" trope LOL. Nah he just dismissed us asking if we could just cast aside the past and forget what he did. Even he knew better!

Anyway. We premade Susanoo and Lakshmi EX, with 4 new people and killed both at 3rd try. Then we jumped straight to Sephirot EX for Wondrous Tails. Hoo boy.

Qvoth

Will finally be able to play again after almost 2 weeks
Gonna grind asap to 70 and hope I can clear both ex primals before weekly reset and Alex normal :<

B.K.

Will finally be able to play again after almost 2 weeks
Gonna grind asap to 70 and hope I can clear both ex primals before weekly reset and Alex normal :<

Weekly reset of what? There's nothing in Stormblood that has weekly resets yet.

Hagi

What is the point of the disc version of the complete edition? does it bypass the 20 gb download I'm having to do with the PSN client? I didn't know the code in the box would make the disc unusable unless I delete the download version.

B.K.

I'm disappointed we didn't
see Yuyuhase or Laurentius at all in Stormblood. I still want to kill them for their role in the downfall of the Crystal Braves, the events in Ul'dah, and what happened at the wall.

Nope - licenses are separate per platform (PC/Mac/PS4). You will need to buy all packs for both platforms to play across them.

(you can see what platforms and versions you have access to by logging into MogStation)

Damn, really? The reason I had that idea in the first place was because of this post on their forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Stormblood-Pre-orders-or-Collector-s-Edition

They say;

"Q: I play on Windows and PS4. What do I need to purchase?

A: You will need to purchase both the Windows and PS4 versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. Stormblood must be installed to access the new areas. When switching to a platform that doesn’t have Stormblood installed, make sure not to log out in one of the new areas as it will not be possible to log in. You will have to move to a 2.0 or 3.0 area and then log in again. "

That kind makes it sound like you can log in and do shit, just not expansion stuff. Is this not correct?

Lakex down, I knew it was gonna be easy but I didn't expect it to be "cleared in 2 pulls in a party that has 5 people that hadn't cleared it before" easy

I guess that's one easy doggo with amazing music to farm

Apoptomon

see Yuyuhase or Laurentius at all in Stormblood. I still want to kill them for their role in the downfall of the Crystal Braves, the events in Ul'dah, and what happened at the wall.

Maybe it wasn't them, but there was a mention of a suspicious pair on imperial uniforms, maybe in the second half of the Peaks zone or in the Lochs.

aka_bueno

Damn, really? The reason I had that idea in the first place was because of this post on their forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Stormblood-Pre-orders-or-Collector-s-Edition

They say;

"Q: I play on Windows and PS4. What do I need to purchase?

A: You will need to purchase both the Windows and PS4 versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. Stormblood must be installed to access the new areas. When switching to a platform that doesn’t have Stormblood installed, make sure not to log out in one of the new areas as it will not be possible to log in. You will have to move to a 2.0 or 3.0 area and then log in again. "

That kind makes it sound like you can log in and do shit, just not expansion stuff. Is this not correct?

You can play with the same account on either system you have the game on, but if you log out of the game on PC in a 3.0 or 4.0 zone and log in with your PS4 which you've only purchased 2.0 on, you wont be able to log into that character I believe.

Lakex down, I knew it was gonna be easy but I didn't expect it to be "cleared in 2 pulls in a party that has 5 people that hadn't cleared it before" easy

I guess that's one easy doggo with amazing music to farm

It's really too bad the doggos look terrible, imo. They only glow red from what I saw and only get a colour change based on the primal. Lak is dark blue for example with a red glow. I really don't like the way they look.

duckroll

I liked Stormblood so much I totally forgot that I was looking forward to this exact thing. Maybe they're just saving it for the EPIC 4.3 showdown!!!!!

iammeiam

Never blame on a jump potion what can be explained via sheer inattentiveness.

It's really too bad the doggos look terrible, imo. They only glow red from what I saw and only get a colour change based on the primal. Lak is dark blue for example with a red glow. I really don't like the way they look.

Lakshmi's wolf is white with a red fire motif; I haven't seen the Susano one, but Lakshmi's is definitely white, because I maybe rode it around Lavender Beds for twenty minutes listening to the song one night.

Lakshmi's wolf is white with a red fire motif; I haven't seen the Susano one, but Lakshmi's is definitely white, because I maybe rode it around Lavender Beds for twenty minutes listening to the song one night.
Oh, so the Amaterasu wolf is Lakshmi's yissss

Susano's is the dark blue with red flames then, makes sense after all since thats his color scheme

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright. It's been a very long time since I've played this game. How do I play Dragoon now... Is there a new guide?

wamberz1

Shirk animation is dope
ssPFYvl.jpg

Squishy3

I actually enjoy Lakshmi EX even if it's on the easy side. Having to repeatedly use/gather the vril during the fight is a pretty good gimmick.

Now give me parties that use vril on everything she does after the second confusion instead of... not. Even after I point it out multiple times.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know most people dislike "desert location" but as far as "desert location" goes, The Peaks and The Fringes are some of the better ones in any MMO.

DdmxYtk.jpg

duckroll

on stacking, i remember spending much of Final Steps tanking the floor because I got marked and nobody noticed, lol

I remember how I was introduced to stacking. I was marked and I didn't know what to do and I started running away from everyone, and someone was like "COME BACK NOW!"

Lol.

Urgh. I had a bad run in a lv50 dungeon I don't even remember the mechanics of. And there was 2 mentors that just were asses through all of it.
I don't think I'm confident enough to tank for awhile now. Just gonna go back to finishing SB with MNK instead. Or at the very least I won't tank at 4-5am again, I can tolerate toxicity when I'm more awake.

Luminaire

Static (sans one) was finally able to get together and do Sus EX. 6 out of 8 haven't cleared, 4 of 8 have never even entered the fight. Killed it on the the third pull. Farmed it since.

Not really sure how people have trouble with the clouds and lightning bolts. It was a complete non-issue.

EZPZ. Doing Lak EX on sunday, should be cake.

Squishy3

Static (sans one) was finally able to get together and do Sus EX. 6 out of 8 haven't cleared, 4 of 8 have never even entered the fight. Killed it on the the third pull. Farmed it since.

Not really sure how people have trouble with the clouds and lightning bolts. It was a complete non-issue.

EZPZ. Doing Lak EX on sunday, should be cake.
Susano honestly sounds easier to me, because at least it's just simple mechanics instead of having to remember to hit vril like 8 times during the last part of Lakshmi. It's really funny because there's some parts that are actually trivialized by using vril on non-chanchala actions because it completely nullifies their damage.

I remember how I was introduced to stacking. I was marked and I didn't know what to do and I started running away from everyone, and someone was like "COME BACK NOW!"

Lol.

The arrows pointing in at you is a pretty good visual indicator of "Everyone get in here," I think, but it can be confusing the first time.

Luminaire

Urgh. I had a bad run in a lv50 dungeon I don't even remember the mechanics of. And there was 2 mentors that just were asses through all of it.
I don't think I'm confident enough to tank for awhile now. Just gonna go back to finishing SB with MNK instead. Or at the very least I won't tank at 4-5am again, I can tolerate toxicity when I'm more awake.

Never trust a mentor. Anyone with that icon should be considered garbage until proven otherwise. Most consider it some kind of badge of honor of "teaching people my way to play because I'm so good" when they're really trash that scrapes by on the heels of others.

Susano honestly sounds easier to me, because at least it's just simple mechanics instead of having to remember to hit vril like 8 times during the last part of Lakshmi. It's really funny because there's some parts that are actually trivialized by using vril on non-chanchala actions because it completely nullifies their damage.

Lookin' forward to how silly it is! I got my globe on Sus but now I'm wondering if I should bother slapping grade 6 materia into it...Hmmmm...

My last Susano ex farm party of the night ended with him at 0.1% and somehow we all died. SAM lb 3'd him and then idk what happened... people got stuck in aoes or something. I think I'm done for the night, lol. 5 more clears and I will have 20 Susano ex clears... really just want the RDM weapon so I dont have to farm this as RDM later on. I did manage good rolls and got the bard sus weapon and WAR. A dog also dropped but I lost it by a roll of 2. Oh well xD

Luminaire

Question: this is the latest FF where you basically have a healer, tank (tank being the most demanding) and DPS when it comes to partying right?

This is the MMO FF where you have the trinity (healer, tank, dps), so yes. FFXV is the actual latest FF, if you don't count the Stormblood expansion and just go by numbers alone.

It seems idiots who "want to prove a point" and just use flash for tanking expert roulettes is a thing now, 2days in a row getting them. So fucking frustrating cause tanks being rare enough kicking them is a poor solution. This last one wasn't even using cooldowns, he was sprinting between groups and pulling large packs, then used flash like 5times and went afk while I had to heal him through all the damage, and we had a low damage new run BLM so it took forever too.

Yam's

just had a tank who, upon realizing that they pulled enemies out of doton, would bring them back in

they exist

I got friends who turn party members effects off and some of them tank. At first I thought they didn't understand my doton wasn't some kind of enemy aoe, but they just never saw it. I can only hope that's why so many tanks enjoy avoiding friendly aoe. Still sucks though.

yami4ct

Lol.

Basically same thing happened to me. Got marked once and took a lot of damage and everyone was yelling at me for messing up mechanics. Happened again and I died and people got pissed, but still didn't explain and I was confused. Wasn't until after when a friend explained 'arrows mean stack' that I felt like a dumb dumb. They really should have a novice hall floor that's just 'here are all the current telegraphs in the game'

Oh boy, just ran into a PLD that jump potion'd in Susano and didn't know how any of this worked. We ran down the clock and only got him down to 1% once because everyone kept dying and both the AST and the SCH kept running OOM. Ended in a vote abandon.

It took that PLD four attempts to speak up and say something.

Top Bottom