• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Not on a controller.

Seriously, anybody has any clue who designed the targetting system in PV and why it priorities the farthest possible enemy every time, ignoring people close by even if angle camera os they are only ones on screen?

The basic targetting rotates between all viable targets from "left to right", which then kinda works weird when stuff is moving and what not. You can change it to select the nearest, but that's all it does, only select whatever is closest to you, and pressing it again won't select another target, which is also very annoying when you have a paladin on you and you're trying to target the white mage right in front of you instead.

But yeah frontlines is a mess. One team wins everytime though, so really it's just a matter of ending on the right team.

Hagi

Oh man finally figured out this service thing by suspending my original one but then after making my Lancer I get hit with a 720 queue into Omega lol Made the same character on the other EU server with the EXP bonus and it's only a 7 people queue though. Omega must be super popular.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man finally figured out this service thing by suspending my original one but then after making my Lancer I get hit with a 720 queue into Omega lol Made the same character on the other EU server with the EXP bonus and it's only a 7 people queue though. Omega must be super popular.

Omega had something like twice the queues of Cerberus a while ago, and Cerberus last month was the biggest EU server with regards to active players. So yeah, it worked a little too well.

k1t4j

So I have a free afternoon from work... is there anyone from Zodiark here that wants to play PoTD and go for floor 200? I never been pass the usual 100 :(

Maybe get lucky with a nightmare pegasus and sell it in the AH for 20mil and retire :D

My kina is at 99/99. I can play PLD/SAM

aceface

Hey GAF, if anyone on Ultros or Primal is interested in trying out raiding, my group is looking for one dps. We're looking to start Omega Savage when it's released and maybe some EX primal farm before then. Basically, we could take a BRD/MCH or any melee dps. We already have two casters (a RDM and a SMN) so caster is out, and we have one other person who has 3, working on 4 dps jobs at 70 and can play any of them.

Once we start our raid times will be Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 9:15-11:00pm eastern. So, if you are a BRD, MCH, or melee dps and you are interested, send me a PM on here or contact Tomo Takino in-game on Ultros!

Hagi

Omega had something like twice the queues of Cerberus a while ago, and Cerberus last month was the biggest EU server with regards to active players. So yeah, it worked a little too well.

I read something about omega having free transfers so that has contributed to the huge influx of players. I'm just starting from level 1 so the exp bonus on the other server should be cool.

I read something about omega having free transfers so that has contributed to the huge influx of players. I'm just starting from level 1 so the exp bonus on the other server should be cool.

They actually turned that off yesterday because the server has too many people now. They said they're monitoring it and if it grows more they'll have to change it to Congested instead and remove the xp bonus. Definitely filled up nicely, but now there's a 1200-1500ppl queue in prime time which is pretty bad.

yaffi

I love FF14, but god damn it have the battles (or wars) been laughable in scale.

Half a dozen people aren't an army, S-E.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I love FF14, but god damn it have the battles (or wars) been laughable in scale.

What was being billed as the Grand Company Olympics in Heavensward Post Patches made me lol when I played through it the other week.

Robin64

At least they realised that forcing every server to have the logoff period was a silly idea.

Basically, the simultaneous logout measures will no longer be applied data-center wide and will only be enforced on these worlds:

Japan: Bahamut / Carbuncle / Chocobo / Mandragora / Shinryu / Tonberry
NA: Balmung / Gilgamesh
EU: Cerberus / Moogle / Odin / Omega / Phoenix / Ragnarok / Shiva

They should have untargettable NPCs fighting and stuff like they do in other games, but don't know, maybe console limitations? Definitely looks bad. Some fights are better than others in that regard though. For example the final Monk quest had quite a bunch of stuff going on, actually felt more massive than all the "epic battles" in the MSQ.

They should have untargettable NPCs fighting and stuff like they do in other games, but don't know, maybe console limitations? Definitely looks bad. Some fights are better than others in that regard though. For example the final Monk quest had quite a bunch of stuff going on, actually felt more massive than all the "epic battles" in the MSQ.

PS4 is new meme...

But honestly, probably not even specifically consoles themselves, but limitations of the engine, built to support said consoles.

Moaradin

The last story dungeon did have a lot of that in the background though

Robin64

It's there​ a level 70 dungeon I can access before I've completed the MSQ or no?

Ala Mhigo
is the only dungeon at 70 that is part of the MSQ, but that's right before the final trial. After that are two more post-MSQ dungeons that make up the Expert Roulette.

IvorB

Ala Mhigo
is the only dungeon at 70 that is part of the MSQ, but that's right before the final trial. After that are two more post-MSQ dungeons that make up the Expert Roulette.

Ah okay. But if I'm level 70 now but not completed MSQ, is there a dungeon I can unlock or I have to wait until I've completed MSQ?

Hagi

How long have the moogles been in the opening? I can't remember them at all. Maybe I never made a character based in Gridania when I first played..

Hazanko

Banned
Been leveling pld, already got mnk to 70 and both ex primal mounts. It's been fun, not tanked in a year, was dodgy at first but much better now. Last dungeon I did forget shield oath at start and got an angry healer but oh well.

studyguy

Hit miner 70.
My experience so far hitting rocks.
e4dd58b1cc90b6b9cefde7bb100099f1.jpg

THESE ROCKS ARE MADE OF GIL

Shin

Banned
Just ran the benchmark out of curiosity, 60fps average at 1080p everything maxed.
Tempted to play but might get carried away again, Shirogane looks nice, that's my interest.

Baliis

Hit 70 while running
Doma Castle
last night, saved us from a wipe with some clutch vercures and a verraise on the healer, got all 3 comms.

How long have the moogles been in the opening? I can't remember them at all. Maybe I never made a character based in Gridania when I first played..
Yeah, that’s Gridania’s intro. Gridania you meet with Moogles, Limsa your ship runs into pirates, Uldah your wagon gets stopped by corrrupt guards and beastmen.

MogCakes

I was in the lv70 MSQ queue for over 40 mins last night before giving up and going to sleep. Literally the only person in the queue.

yaffi

What was being billed as the Grand Company Olympics in Heavensward Post Patches made me lol when I played through it the other week.

Yeah, I remember that.

On the other hand, who needs an army in this game? They've got me.

Most of the time it's like "your stupid plans are useless! you're all useless! Let me handle this."

And the plot suffers way too much from deux ex machina situations. Also there's a severe disconnect between cutscenes and what's actually happening.

/rant over

Baliis

I was in the lv70 MSQ queue for over 40 mins last night before giving up and going to sleep. Literally the only person in the queue.

Oddly, my dungeon queue as a dps for
Doma Castle
was like 2 mins, I literally did a double take when I saw it pop because I didn't believe it.

Is POTD a safe way to learn new classes? I'm kinda wanting to play a tank/WHM just to get shorter queue times for duties/MSQ, but I've only played DPS classes before.

Also, how useful are the Allagan Tombstones? I'm doing the 2.x content, is it worth doing the dailies or is all the gear I buy going to be immediately replaced once I hit Heavensward?

~Cross~

Is POTD a safe way to learn new classes? I'm kinda wanting to play a tank/WHM just to get shorter queue times for duties/MSQ, but I've only played DPS classes before.

Also, how useful are the Allagan Tombstones? I'm doing the 2.x content, is it worth doing the dailies or is all the gear I buy going to be immediately replaced once I hit Heavensward?

Yes. POTD is a great way to learn your class or relearn it if you forgot. A few 1-50 runs will get you up to speed and then grinding 51-60 continously will cement it into your muscle memory.

Top Bottom