• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

studyguy

DBiLGW9.png

I don't understand what Lyse's role is even supposed to be now, a defacto leader to Alamigho because reasons? Her father was a liberation leader so she's lead now?

Squishy3

Hey man, I have two Liberator titles now and she has none.

Anyway I'm really excited for what they do in Omega considering the while not extreme difficulty spikes they had in the MSQ this time around, a lot more of it felt like The Vault versus Dusk Vigil and Sohm Al. And throwing in an actual mechanics check where it lets people know they messed up is excellent. I'd expect Omega normal to be around the difficulty of the final trial, if not a little bit harder.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It was a missed opportunity not to have Hien be the narrator for Doma.

Also anyone but Lyse for the rest.

studyguy

It was a missed opportunity not to have Hien be the narrator for Doma.

Also anyone but Lyse for the rest.

Seriously though Doma portion shined compared to Ala Mighan portion.
The whole Doma cast was a thousand times more memorable than
On no they killed that one Ala Mighan dude I apparently helped at Quarrymill I guess I dunno, what's his name? He got replaced anyway!

Hope Hien has a lot more story in patches to come.

LaneDS

I am super perplexed by the "Lyse was such a good character" crowd. She wasn't bad, but boy talk about being undeservedly thrust into the spotlight for all the reasons discussed above. The Ala Mhigo stuff really fell flat for me in a way that the Doma stuff did not.

Hagi

This hall of novices thing is pretty cool. I'm learning and receiving cool gear that is way better than what I have right now.

Shahed

My server's novice chat is a joke. It's full of people rudely telling people how to play because they are king or whatever. It's sad that novices have to see that shite.
When I was a novice I promptly decided fast to ignore that stuff and leave. Sometimes using my own brain I could tell the advice just felt wrong, and instead of a helper chat it was a random chatbox full of nonsense

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Alisaie is the best. I took a screencapture when one of her npc dialogues is "Since when did Lyse
become the leader of The Resistance
?".

Alisaie became my favorite returning character.

studyguy

A bunch of people that know very little about the game discussing american politics?

Things that happen in the Novice network:
-Telling novices to fuck off
-Telling mentors to fuck off
-People getting kicked from the network
-Bad advice from bad mentors

Things that don't happen in the novice network:
-Actual mentoring

Sylas

Alisaie is the best. I took a screencapture when one of her npc dialogues is "Since when did Lyse
become the leader of The Resistance
?".

Alisaie became my favorite returning character.
Alisaie is fucking savage and I love it. Girl has no chill.

Hagi

-Actual mentoring

Huh guess it's not worth joining that then lol

MikeBison

Holy shit. Just seen the Ixion mount for the first time. I needs it.

Just seen what it entails, seems a fair grind. But definitely going to try once I hit 70 this weekend.

Bought a few maps in preparation. Anyone know how rare the shield breaking item is within the gazellskin map?

Like is it a ballache to get that item?
Bought from from the market board at a decent price in case.

Thorgal

Honestly NC still Differs from Server to Server IMO.

Unless NC on Odin has gone to complete shit in the last months i remember NC chat being used for what it was intended :

Sprouts ask game/job /skill related Questions and Mentors gave out good ( most of the time ) Advice on it .
Trolls and Assholes got pilled on and where Kicked swiftly .

That's not to say it was perfect as i saw a few Drama moments happening on there but i never thought of it as it being a complete shit show like i read people call NC on other Servers .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Trying to clear SusieEx on my PLD but it ain't happening. I should just join a cleared group instead instead of bungling around in learning/practice.

ebil

SAM just brings the worst out of DPS players. So many horrible, horrible SAM around. I'm getting triggered every two minutes while leveling DRK with at least one of these in every dungeon.

why do they Midare Setsugekka in AOE situations
why do they pull the whole dungeon when the healer can't even keep up
why do the pulls take so long
why do they get themselves killed every two seconds

Bouniter

-Actual mentoring

I actually have to massively disagree with this when I started playing on Ultros from the UK I was often on with very few other players. The Novice network was a fantastic resource for me and I was never once insulted or belittled using it.

I used it for advice on Quests, Classes, Crafting and even some obscure world and npc location stuff all of which gave me solid and friendly advice.

I had one of my fondest memories off XIV partying up though novice chat with other new players to do a dungeon together, none of us having any idea what the dungeon was and having to learn and do it all by ourselves through trial error, testing and discussion.

Because I was often on at low population times the world could be a little lonely so it was also just a great place to hang out and chat as well I found people very friendly cracking jokes and engaging in general merriment.

Please don't sack novice chat off just because one person had a poor experience I know for a fact the my FFXIV experience was significantly improved because of it. So much so I would love to eventually become a mentor in the chat and give back myself.

SAM just brings the worst out of DPS players. So many horrible, horrible SAM around. I'm getting triggered every two minutes while leveling DRK with at least one of these in every dungeon.

why do they Midare Setsugekka in AOE situations

Why not? If you don't have Hagakure up, and you built 3 Sen in the last pull by chance...why wouldn't you use it?

ebil

Why not? If you don't have Hagakure up, and you built 3 Sen in the last pull by chance...why wouldn't you use it?
When it's the ONLY thing that you ever do, there's a problem. Once is fine, over and over... Plan your Sen, use your AOE skills, don't be an idiot.

Haly

Midare Setsugekka is cooler than Tenka Goken

studyguy

I haven't actually played SAM, is there a reason why so many of them seem to want to get hit in the fucking face and stand next to me constantly while tanking? Let they don't do it all the time, but jfc when they do, it's during cleaves that hurt bad.

Haly

I haven't actually played SAM, is there a reason why so many of them seem to want to get hit in the fucking face and stand next to me constantly while tanking? Let they don't do it all the time, but jfc when they do, it's during cleaves that hurt bad.
They have a 3s "block" that triggers a self heal or a meter efficient ability

ebil

Most of the time they're just really bummed out that SAM isn't a tank, and/or they hate positionals. But to be fair, that's like, every DPS in my tanking experience.

I've come to ruin Dragoon gauge for you all.
See this ?

9hielvzu2u6z.png

A bad ass dragon gauge, with this evil eye. Now... Imagine that bar is a mouth. Actual dragon head is an ear. Eye is... well, an eye, and awesome rad tail... is just a droopy long nose. There, have a derpy dragon for a gauge!

picture borrowed from a redditor, for it's the best example I could get ona short notice. pls don't sue

Haly

Desynth 255 SB gear: Get Aurum Regis Nuggets
Desynth 270 HW Gear: Get High Steel Nuggets

:thinking:

Azriell

I played a few years ago, I think when ARR came out. I believe I got to 50 BRD and something else (BLM?). The expansion and reading this thread has got me and my wife thinking about playing again.

One thing I was never really crazy about is how they implemented both classes and jobs. It always seemed to me like jobs are not only sufficient without classes, they are much more "Final Fantasy" than classes.

So I guess I'm hoping someone will tell me that people don't use classes at cap, or for grouping. Or can someone at least tell me why one would choose two go with the job versus going with the class or vice versa?

Sandfox

I played a few years ago, I think when ARR came out. I believe I got to 50 BRD and something else (BLM?). The expansion and reading this thread has got me and my wife thinking about playing again.

One thing I was never really crazy about is how they implemented both classes and jobs. It always seemed to me like jobs are not only sufficient without classes, they are much more "Final Fantasy" than classes.

So I guess I'm hoping someone will tell me that people don't use classes at cap, or for grouping. Or can someone at least tell me why one would choose two go with the job versus going with the class or vice versa?

Nobody uses classes and the developers have been trying to move away from them.

Even more than not using the AoEs, the amount of SAMs I see that completely ignore Higanbana make me really sad.

I'm not going to ask that you perfectly keep it up 24/7, but, like, try?

Top Bottom