• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

R0ckman

Great right when I decide to sell some Koppranickle everyone and their grandma starts mining it (to level I'd assume) and dumping it on to the MB for cheaper.

Murkas

My Pugilist is 28 so my trial is nearing its end, did some duty where I rescued an old Sylph fairy at the end. I really like how this game has a main scenario quest line so you're always guided. I hated how WoW didn't really have that and was always lost (though this was in vanilla like a decade ages if I remember right so don't yell at me if they changed that). Gonna have to redeem my starter edition.

Looking to be a healer as secondary class for hopefully instant duties. Astrologian looks like my jam with that card buff stuff but need Heavensward/Stormblood

Arkeband

Banned
Finding a good group to clear the two EX raids is fucking impossible, not least of which because 80% of the groups in PF now require you to have beaten it first or to have 310 gear (which you need to have beaten one to obtain)

I dumped all those mats you get doing the MSQ on the market and undercut every fucking person I could because fuck your market I need money now.

Three hours later and I'm hundreds of thousands of gil richer.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I HATE Refulgent Arrow.
"Well this thing isn't coming up any time soon might as well Barrage EA"
And then it comes up the next GCD

Hastati

Just picked this up, been over a year since I last played but I've heard such good things about Hearth and Stormblood that I want to give it another shot.

Gonna take awhile to get through the MQ but looking forward to how the story unfolds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
To get the AST class, you need to have the MSQ (main story quest) unlocked up to Ishgard, which can be done with one of the MSQ skip potions.

The other potion, the Jump potion, automatically levels up a class to 60 aside from RDM and SAM, though I don't know if you can use it on classes you haven't unlocked.

I think you can. But you'll still be locked behind the MSQ for quite a bit of content.

Hastati

To get the AST class, you need to have the MSQ (main story quest) unlocked up to Ishgard, which can be done with one of the MSQ skip potions.

The other potion, the Jump potion, automatically levels up a class to 60 aside from RDM and SAM, though I don't know if you can use it on classes you haven't unlocked.

Okay thanks, appreciate it. I should have researched it more thoroughly but this answers my question. Sounds like I'm better off getting my bard through the MQ until the point that I can unlock AST, I'm still pretty early on if I remember correctly (some desert area).

Also from what I hear the MQ is mostly worth doing, like I heard the pre-Hearth stuff is maybe a bit boring but for the most part, it's worth investing the time in...?

So 95% of the quests in this game are garbage. I'm at a point where I'm not even reading the text boxes anymore.

I keep playing it in hopes it's going to get better.

Hurry up game.

(I'm getting bored of Archery too, but the game told me to stick with it until I master it.)

AND TODAY SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELPED ME IN A FIGHT! Then he said a single "yeah". I sent him a "<3".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also from what I hear the MQ is mostly worth doing, like I heard the pre-Hearth stuff is maybe a bit boring but for the most part, it's worth investing the time in...?

ARR: Meh to good
HW: Good
Stormblood: Good

Kusagari

So 95% of the quests in this game are garbage. I'm at a point where I'm not even reading the text boxes anymore.

I keep playing it in hopes it's going to get better.

Hurry up game.

(I'm getting bored of Archery too, but the game told me to stick with it until I master it.)

AND TODAY SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELPED ME IN A FIGHT! Then he said a single "yeah". I sent him a "<3".

Almost all of 2.0 is a boring slog.

Wilsongt

I HATE Refulgent Arrow.
"Well this thing isn't coming up any time soon might as well Barrage EA"
And then it comes up the next GCD

For me it's relearning 4 years of muscle memory where I rehit the straight shot key on proc, as opposed to having to mouse click Refulgent Arrow

Jeels

Sadly I had to quit the game in last November after completing AS3, when me and my static friends decided we had enough since we were playing from day 1.

Heavensward was great and the final boss revelation was one of the gratest game moments of the last years. Maybe I'll play this someday, but what's your opinion about the main quest of Stormblood compared to HW?

I'm only about 2/3rds done with it, but imo much better. The wider cast is used much more and the main plot feels more relevant to the overarching story (Heavensward felt like a side plot to me). Imo the areas are better too.

xkramz

Most people use Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) you can get it here Advanced Combat Tracker

This video is good for getting it all setup
Xeno's Setting up ACT with FFXIV

This one is good if you wanna use Rainbowmages custom layout which is nice and clean
Setting up RainbowMage ACT Overlay

Not too hard to setup, I redid mine about a few nights ago. Remember parsers are "against" the rules but fine if you keep it to yourself so don't go around giving people slack based on their numbers or talk about it openly unless it's with friends or raid group lol.

thanks!

only thing is the mini parser window thingy using that rainbowmages. i want total damage in there somehow and remove some of the collumns like misses and crap like that

B.K.

I guess people are starting to blacklist GAF after all the hunt drama today. I tried to join a hunt group a while ago and was blocked from joining.

Blitzhex

Should I wear 300/290 ilvl stuff if the 310 pieces don't have spell speed on BLM? Anyone tried that out? I have 1508 spellspeed atm at 314 ilvl, feel like I can get 2k spellspeed with lower ilvl stuff.

Should I wear 300/290 ilvl stuff if the 310 pieces don't have spell speed on BLM? Anyone tried that out? I have 1508 spellspeed atm at 314 ilvl, feel like I can get 2k spellspeed with lower ilvl stuff.

Don't even bother honestly. Everything will change when the tome and savage gear drops. That's when you should worry about best in slot. Right now, go for ilvl and main stat

Reszo

Lmao this dude just put up a PF for unsynced Final Steps of Faith (i guess they were going through the MSQ) but tricked everyone and started it synced

Sigh, waste of time lol

Apoptomon

Do people bother doing achievement Fates much these days? I found the Ruby Sea one once but nobody took the bait.
i've only done the ARR ones that aren't Behemoth or Odin

B.K.

I'm in a Lakshmi Ex party right now. We've been to the ultimate twice. The hardest part so far is coordinating everyone for the add pahse.

Aeana

I guess people are starting to blacklist GAF after all the hunt drama today. I tried to join a hunt group a while ago and was blocked from joining.
It's nothing new. The GAF'd thing has been going on since 2.0 and it was perpetuated by ZR from the start.

Naught.

Don't get me started on Urianger.
The way the English script is written aught and succor are now trigger words for me. I honestly cannot stand the way it's written. Even characters in the new areas speak like that and it makes less sense than everyone speaking the same general language.

iammeiam

I meant the drama.

Since there are 334,324 people in GAF, back when hunts first hit some of the people in GAF went out and killed stuff. Over the first week or two, linkshells started trying to come up with standards, and at some point somebody with a GAF tag pulled a hunt before it was deemed the right time by one of these linkshells. This was noted and a couple of people in the 4Chan FC decided to kind of run with GAF as scapegoat for all early pulls; they thought it was funny and it let them pull early and get away with it.

Since GAF is gigantic and everywhere on Ultros, any time a hunt mob got pulled, they started calling that GAF did it. Since GAF is huge, GAF was always present. Additionally, due to the way player culling works, it was often impossible to see who did what anyway since people would pop in and off your screen at random.

GAF also had a big giant hunk linkshell full of super avid hunters, which combined with the reputation for early pulls and every hunt of note usually having at least one GAF person at it did mean, for a while, people would trail after GAF members hoping to be led to secret hunts.

Over the years, hunts have gone from SUPER IMPORTANT to lolwhocares to SUPER IMPORTANT to lolwhocares, but the GAF DID IT! meme persists. As time has distanced a lot of the remaining player base on Ultros from what happened, a lot of the downtime jokes (calling GAF'd when hunts aren't serious is usually a joke, sometimes GAF people play along) are taken as deadly serious by new players. Ignorance breeds fear and so when hunts becomes SUPER IMPORTANT OMG again, they take the GAF stigma seriously.

Stuart444

So doing Lakshmi EX with some friends and randoms (pretty cool randoms as well), cleared it but everyone decided I need to remember this moment with a gif:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom