• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Oh. Typical hunt drama. A few S Ranks were pulled early and everyone started blaming GAF. It got pretty heated for a while. The worst I've seen so far.

Heated? What did they do though besides say some crap in shout chat as usual?

The Oath/Blood/Beast gauges really need to work like the Kenki Gauge, instead of being being a glorified 2 charge system.

I mean if they're going to effectively be charges they might as well be charges.

2 Charges of Shelltron. Doing Holy Spirit in Shield or auto attacking in Sword immediately knocks off 1-2 seconds off of Shelltron's CD.

They more or less just slapped some gauges onto PLD and DRK. There's really no interesting management aspect when it comes to either gauge.

CodeNfX

I'm using the recruitment campaign code from a friend which I registered to my account. However, the status still shows "inactive." Is there a way around it? The email says I should have 30 day free trial but I still can't login to play.

There were a few threats of calling GMs and trying to get people banned.

That would have fallen apart as soon as the GMs look through the logs. I understand what you mean but they can't actually do anything.

Pretty sure someone got reported for pulling hunts early before on reddit and the GMs told them to fuck off.

I got two dps classes to 70 and a third to 69 but the queues are so long at 70 I'm just leveling a tank. What are you guys doing to beat the dps queue blues?

I got two dps classes to 70 and a third to 69 but the queues are so long at 70 I'm just leveling a tank. What are you guys doing to beat the dps queue blues?

Thinking about how if they just designed the game without specific roles queue complaints wouldn't even exist.

EDIT: You can craft, do hunts, or ALT TAB and do something else and hope you don't forget that you're in a queue.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Since there are 334,324 people in GAF, back when hunts first hit some of the people in GAF went out and killed stuff. Over the first week or two, linkshells started trying to come up with standards, and at some point somebody with a GAF tag pulled a hunt before it was deemed the right time by one of these linkshells. This was noted and a couple of people in the 4Chan FC decided to kind of run with GAF as scapegoat for all early pulls; they thought it was funny and it let them pull early and get away with it.

Since GAF is gigantic and everywhere on Ultros, any time a hunt mob got pulled, they started calling that GAF did it. Since GAF is huge, GAF was always present. Additionally, due to the way player culling works, it was often impossible to see who did what anyway since people would pop in and off your screen at random.

GAF also had a big giant hunk linkshell full of super avid hunters, which combined with the reputation for early pulls and every hunt of note usually having at least one GAF person at it did mean, for a while, people would trail after GAF members hoping to be led to secret hunts.

Over the years, hunts have gone from SUPER IMPORTANT to lolwhocares to SUPER IMPORTANT to lolwhocares, but the GAF DID IT! meme persists. As time has distanced a lot of the remaining player base on Ultros from what happened, a lot of the downtime jokes (calling GAF'd when hunts aren't serious is usually a joke, sometimes GAF people play along) are taken as deadly serious by new players. Ignorance breeds fear and so when hunts becomes SUPER IMPORTANT OMG again, they take the GAF stigma seriously.

Was wondering the backstory of 'GAF'd' that seems to both trigger both frustration and hilarity in the channel. Thanks for the write up.

Xux

Who do I have to bribe to post on the Japanese forums to complain about not getting Tomestones on sub-70 classes once you get one to 70 or beat the story or whatever?

W T F we nearly just wiped on Titan Hard...
3 DPS get thrown off and the other dies at like 60-70%.
we eventually get him down below 20% something and I somehow got hit off.

Healer eventually got the remaining DPS up under 10% and the other tank dropped...
Tank eventually got revived and they finished it up.

What a mess.

Edzi

W T F we nearly just wiped on Titan Hard...
3 DPS get thrown off and the other dies at like 60-70%.
we eventually get him down below 20% something and I somehow got hit off.

Healer eventually got the remaining DPS up under 10% and the other tank dropped...
Tank eventually got revived and they finished it up.

What a mess.

Titan is like the only early trial/dungeon that requires people to pay attention more than not at all. It's really sad that so many people still struggle with it.

Titan is like the only early trial/dungeon that requires people to pay attention more than not at all. It's really sad that so many people still struggle with it.

Its kinda why im surprised though because the 3 or 4 times I have done it in the last 2 weeks it was pretty easy...
But this time half the party went down within 5 seconds of each other lol..

The way the English script is written aught and succor are now trigger words for me. I honestly cannot stand the way it's written. Even characters in the new areas speak like that and it makes less sense than everyone speaking the same general language.

I find it funny that Alisae mocked Alphinaud for his use of "doubtless" and then her and everyone else uses the hell out of it. "Would that it were" also gets me.

IvorB

So 95% of the quests in this game are garbage. I'm at a point where I'm not even reading the text boxes anymore.

I keep playing it in hopes it's going to get better.

Hurry up game.

(I'm getting bored of Archery too, but the game told me to stick with it until I master it.)

AND TODAY SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELPED ME IN A FIGHT! Then he said a single "yeah". I sent him a "<3".

I would advise against doing side quests. Only do MSQ and + ones.

TheExodu5

Banned
So 95% of the quests in this game are garbage. I'm at a point where I'm not even reading the text boxes anymore.

Hurry up game.

(I'm getting bored of Archery too, but the game told me to stick with it until I master it.)

AND TODAY SOMEONE ACTUALLY HELPED ME IN A FIGHT! Then he said a single "yeah". I sent him a "<3".

Someone in guild chat gave me a hint: only bother reading quests if there's a picture for it in the quest log.

Hurry up game.

The "Go this place and do this thing, and then do it two more times, and then come back and fight a bigger monster" are the absolute worst.

So glad to finally start on Heavensward, 2.x was horrible until near the end.

Guess Who

Banned
They really need to either rework a lot of the 2.x progression or just throw in a 2.x jump potion for new players at some point because some of it genuinely makes me hesitant to recommend the game to others.

Still going slow, but I just did the level 65 dungeon. Super happy the tank let the rest of us go in blind, because goddamn that was great.

They really need to either rework a lot of the 2.x progression or just throw in a 2.x jump potion for new players at some point because some of it genuinely makes me hesitant to recommend the game to others.

I shared a pic of my playtime to my friends yesterday when I was close to wrapping up the 2.x quests, with the message "I've spent over a 100 hours in this shitty game what's wrong with me"

but also, after the first 100 hours the game really starts to pick up.

Man this is some great stuff preSB
Warriors of Darkness
nearly ruined at the end by some Minfilia shit.

This arc and voice ruined Minfilia for me.

Redx508

@iammeiam

we had an fc vote
2.PNG

the fc let me down :(

Top Bottom