• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

@iammeiam

we had an fc vote

the fc let me down :(

OH MAN

I'm holed up in an alley in Kugane spam crafting and some catboy named Qwasi Owasi shows up and starts crafting but IS NOT wearing honey yellow.

I thought it was just a weird coincidence, but I now realize it was an omen to prepare me for this joyous news.

zanyu

I know a lot of people don't really pvp in this game, but just wondering are queues always going to be 20+ minutes long just to do any ranked games?

It seems as if this is going to be a year long grind if I want to ever rank up

Luminaire

I know a lot of people don't really pvp in this game, but just wondering are queues always going to be 20+ minutes long just to do any ranked games?

Most people do front lines right now due to 5m queues and easy exp.

iammeiam

PVP is kind of confusing; there are two main types. There's Frontlines, which is the 24-man battle stuff that usually has PVE components, and there's The Feast, which is the 4v4 or 8v8 stuff and offers ranked and unranked options.

Both raise the PVP rank you see at the top of your PVP profile. The Feast runs seasons for ranking, and Season 4 of the feast ended with the drop of 4.0; right now is the season 5 preseason, which means relatively few ranked matches.

So if you're just looking to increase the rank in the PVP profile menu, Frontlines will be your best bet. In terms of actual competitive PVP rankings, you should see queues pick up with Feast season 5 starts.

Redx508

have you tried 8v8 or frontlines? i think the reason 4v4 rank has a long queue is cause the pvp season hasn't started yet.

zanyu

I did the 72 match one, it's a huge cluster-fuck for melee, or maybe I just suck.

I enjoy the 8v8 and 4v4. But I guess I was specifically asking about the 4v4 since it seemed like people were trying to actually win instead of just running around everywhere.

The pvp is really just fun to do instead of doing quests all day.

Yesterday I got to 1% on Susano ex. It was an enrage wipe.

I'm pretty sure this is harder than the first batch of hard and extreme primals except Titan Ex from 2.0

iammeiam

Somebody explain the tanking Susano in the middle thing

What do people think it accomplishes? All I've actually seen it do is make churn+knockback way more annoying. don't have to make the fights harder just 'cause they're so easy guys. it's ok

kromeo

God, I legit forgot all about this.

How? How could they have possibly thought this was a good idea?

1.0 at launch is the worst game I've ever had the misfortune of playing and I can't see hat ever changing

I'm pretty sure this is harder than the first batch of hard and extreme primals except Titan Ex from 2.0

Ramuh ex and Mog ex were both awful when they first came out

Frumix

Suffering From Success
FiSKaYH.png

References are easy!
Localization is effortless!
I bet nobody will notice we used the same joke three times!

Qvoth

ehhh i think ravana ex was harder than susano ex

hell as a blm i think lakhsmi is harder (mechanics wise) than susano, the only thing hard about susano is dealing enough dps the whole fight to race against the enrage i feel

considering this is a brand new expansion and most players probably are still unoptimized skill wise i guess that's understandable

ehhh i think ravana ex was harder than susano ex

hell as a blm i think lakhsmi is harder (mechanics wise) than susano, the only thing hard about susano is dealing enough dps the whole fight to race against the enrage i feel

considering this is a brand new expansion and most players probably are still unoptimized skill wise i guess that's understandable

Susano ex has a lot of mix ups of mechanics that people struggles with it a lot, the most common one is alingning red marker + cloud, and a bunch of others. The dmg problem comes from the fact people dies a lot, which is more punishung now for dmg than before.

The fight is easier than Ifrit EX and Garuda ex, which harder part was for tanks to manage to provoke properly an add.

Is there a card that can get a steady 60 fps at 4k yet? Actually choosing to play in the mid 30s with my 980 at native 4k than 60 at 1080p because it's so jaggy and gross looking.

Just beat the second primal, slowing getting through a Realm Reborn!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Leveling crafting.

Leveling gathering.

And then the cold hard reality that leves are not unlimited comes crashing down on me.

Orgun

Got back into FFXIV the past couple weeks after having not played since release.

Gotten up to level 37 with my Scholar. The job system makes it so hard for me to focus on just one class lol, I want to level everything.

MikeBison

Got back into FFXIV the past couple weeks after having not played since release.

Gotten up to level 37 with my Scholar. The job system makes it so hard for me to focus on just one class lol, I want to level everything.

I took a break from ARR playing a BRD and came back after HW was out. Decided I wanted to be a WAR so levelled that and finished ARR to get into HW. Then took a break and decided I wanted to be a DRK but then took a break. Finally took a break and came back with SB and decided I wanted to play SAM so had to get that from 50-60 before I could play the new expansion.

My advice is just stick with what you are and get through the content and then once you're at level cap, go back and level alt jobs. Because boy, it's very easy to get distracted and never do the cool shit which is the story and primal and dungeons etc. Which are always more fun closer to when they come out.

Sevenfold

Server down? [nope]

Same. logged back in after 722 days with a level 34 Monk, and I've just hit 40 (like minutes ago) and having a blast.

Edit. Ugh back in a queue now grrrr

Korezo

Is there a card that can get a steady 60 fps at 4k yet? Actually choosing to play in the mid 30s with my 980 at native 4k than 60 at 1080p because it's so jaggy and gross looking.

Just beat the second primal, slowing getting through a Realm Reborn!

probably a 1080 or 1080ti, I been playing in 4k 60fps since last week, but I have sli 980tis.

Isaccard

What makes Sus And Lak easy compared to other ex primals? Harder Mechanics? Easier DPS check? (Lack of) Mechanic Vomit?

I don't disagree that they are easier, but I can't put my finger on what/why?

Kyonashi

Can I ask a question about Apartment Housing? I've never tried to get on the property ladder in FFXIV so to speak, but I'd really like an apartment in Shirogane, and I have the 500k gil required.

I know this is quite a competitive thing, when will they be available to purchase and what's my best shot at getting one?

R0ckman

References are easy!

Nope I caught it last night after finishing the fish quest but assumed it was intentional since I only remember it from the fishing ones.

What makes Sus And Lak easy compared to other ex primals? Harder Mechanics? Easier DPS check? (Lack of) Mecanic Vomit?
They don't have too many mechanics, but several variations and combinations of the same few and they don't really have DPS checks besides the enrage timer and the transition phases.

Moaradin

What makes Sus And Lak easy compared to other ex primals? Harder Mechanics? Easier DPS check? (Lack of) Mecanic Vomit?

I don't disagree that they are easier, but I can't put my finger on what/why?

Lakshmi is super forgiving. Vril last a long time so timing isn't that important, and missing a vril isn't the end of the world for most of the mechanics anyways.

Susano is a bit harder, and I think it's closer to the middle of the pack when it comes to EX primal difficulty IMO. I'd say Ravana, Bismarck, and Sophia were easier.

Wilsongt

References are easy!

There are only so many puns in the world.

And you are one of the few people who actually complain.

In other news, DPS queues can go and kick rocks.

There are only so many puns in the world.

And you are one of the few people who actually complain.

In other news, DPS queues can go and kick rocks.

You would not think such a thing if you watch SGDQ last night and saw the Nier Automata run. Koji Fox was probably taking notes :p

For the normal raid? i290. Gordias was i170.

Ah, thank you.

I am like 305 at the moment, want to try EX Primals later...if its easy enough I can start farming for the gear...but Omega raids will be the first ones I do on release and in a FC so I'm excited for it. Even if it takes a while before we fight Omega itself.

oops, dp

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I finally beat the last ARR dungeon!! Doing that in a public group was a -bad- idea, stopped to watch 2 cutscenes and by the time the 2nd one finished the rest of the group killed a boss and completely vanished and I got lost and couldn't find them. Thankfully the game warped me to the end when they started the last boss but yeesh.

Oh wait, still have to do another 100+ quests till I can even start HW :(

Donkey Kong, the warrior of light and savior of Eorzea will have to keep picking up herbs and cheering on civilians I guess.

adversarial

Hit 70 last night, about to finish the MSQ. What should I be doing immediately? I'm seeing Ex this and EX that.. are those hard-mode versions of bosses?

Hit 70 last night, about to finish the MSQ. What should I be doing immediately? I'm seeing Ex this and EX that.. are those hard-mode versions of bosses?

Yes, "Extreme" versions of Lakshmi and Susanoo, which both give you some of the current highest iLvl gear in the game. However you unlock two new dungeons (one in Rhalgar's Reach, another in Kugane) which, when completed, allow you to do the Duty Roulette Expert and in general start farming for Tomestomes of Verity which pay for the highest iLvl (current) gear in the game.

However tomorrow we get the first part of the Omega Raid and I think a new tier of Tomestones so it might be obsolete : / Compared to farming for Scripture, Verity is really easy (imo) as the turnaround to get a piece of gear is much quicker. Hopefully the new stuff doesn't make it korean MMO style grinding.

Wilsongt

Yes, "Extreme" versions of Lakshmi and Susanoo, which both give you some of the current highest iLvl gear in the game. However you unlock two new dungeons (one in Rhalgar's Reach, another in Kugane) which, when completed, allow you to do the Duty Roulette Expert and in general start farming for Tomestomes of Verity which pay for the highest iLvl (current) gear in the game.

However tomorrow we get the first part of the Omega Raid and I think a new tier of Tomestones so it might be obsolete : / Compared to farming for Scripture, Verity is really easy (imo) as the turnaround to get a piece of gear is much quicker. Hopefully the new stuff doesn't make it korean MMO style grinding.

Tome stones are the 18th, so you have a couple of weeks of Omega gear and then Ala Verity gear.

chogidogs

I was thinking of doing a tank after I get to 70 with my WHM. Do you guys think the Dark Knight is ok? I heard bad things but the starting at 50 thing seems really appealing. I don't mind starting from scratch since I want to learn it properly but if Dark Knight is not as bad, (hopefully even better after some patches) I'd just go with that.

Dawg

As a new player who wants to start the game from scratch.... how bad is the DL on PS4, is warrior a good starting class and what's a good EU server? :>

Top Bottom