• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

Aahahahahah the male version is amazing of that lewd outfit.

I'm gonna have so much defense with this.

Equal opportunity at least; is this dungeon gear? Which dungeon is the new DD of "christ I hope I don't get a chest drop here"

I think what makes it work is that the male equivalent gear is every inch as absurd.

It helps, at least. I started losing patience with their design when we hit that weird run of shirts that somehow insisted on showing female lalafell bra.

why.

why would they do that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Honestly so far I'm super amazed that relatively small changes since the media blitz of "NONE OF THIS CAN BE USED AGAINST US BECAUSE TEMPORARY" showing; small potency adjustments, mostly in weird places, but the overall trends hold out.

I mean, nobody's so naive as to buy into the "it's the beta" diversion right? Especially not with Square.

Equal opportunity at least; is this dungeon gear? Which dungeon is the new DD of "christ I hope I don't get a chest drop here"

Shisui of the Violet Tides

Qvoth

BLM FLARE GOT BUFFED
Has an actual MP cost now rather than all your MP, and the cost goes down for each Umbral Heart you collect, which means you can use the spell in your rotations much more often.

flare expends all umbral heart when you cast it, but you have a new passive that makes flare costs 2/3rd of of your mp instead of everything
that's data from the media tour, not sure if anything's changed since then
overall flare still ends up nerfed

i might or might not have obtained the new songs (not sure if it's all though), not sure if it's alright to post it in this thread
any mods can clarify?

jorgeton

You can't get cure anymore regardless?

I did a summary of the changes I found on reddit, gonna paste it here for people who care about monk. In general, it's pretty small stuff and not much has changed from the preview build it seems. Also datamining info is missing traits, which might be pretty important since a bunch of the older traits are gone.

Can't seem to figure out how to spoiler a list, so SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT CLASS SPOILERS. Athough it's all already revealed info, just numbers differences.

Thanks for this.

Huh, not feeling these monk changes. The extra 2 seconds on GS are like.. w/e. And the nerfs across the board? Hmm.

The riddles are.. ok I guess? Brotherhood has potential to be interesting and an a reduced Tornado Kick cooldown is helpful to get rid of your stacks faster if you're about to lose GS3.

Still.. a little underwhelmed.

Guess I'll stick with Ninja for now.

Quick question. I am switching from PS4 to pc. Is this the correct order of things?

Bought the game on Steam. Booted it up. Got a cd key.
Went to Mog Station.
Add new service account.
Entered the key.

Now I have two service accounts. However the secondary one, activated with the Steam keys, doesn't show my character. The other one still does.

If I boot the game up now, can I log in with my old character? I can't check because of maintenance.

studyguy

"Whether you're into naked catgirls or naked 8 feet tall muscle men, we got your back"

"Sir how can we keep the Balmung population happy"
"I have a plan..."
502a84c3f0e03777b3878cad0fd808d0--bikinis-swimwear.jpg

RPGCrazied

You're supposed to download 6gb~ worth of files, they deployed those in two sets, if you started it later you'll download 6gb in one go but if you downloaded a 2gb early patch you need to download the rest

Yeah, wasn't that large. Then why will it not start the other one then? Am I going to have to restart the launcher 500 times for it to start?

iammeiam

XIV has always been equal opportunity when it comes to awful glamor gear.

DRG AF1 never being fixed still bugs me, and I want to say one or two other armor pieces have popped up with random boob window but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Like, they're not TERA, but it's not like they let sanity and practical protection guide their hand in armor design.
Quick question. I am switching from PS4 to pc. Is this the correct order of things?

Went to Mog Station.
Add new service account.
Entered the key.

Now I have two service accounts. However the secondary one, activated with the Steam keys, doesn't show my character. The other one still does.

If I boot the game up now, can I log in with my old character? I can't check because of maintenance.

No.

This is my PS4-Turned-Steam Account on Mogstation:

All one service account.

Item Box

Went to Mog Station.
Add new service account.
Entered the key.

As long as you have the base game and expansions on steam as well you should be fine

Edit: didn't see the two service accounts part. Now I'm not too sure

studyguy

DRG AF1 never being fixed still bugs me, and I want to say one or two other armor pieces have popped up with random boob window but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Like, they're not TERA, but it's not like they let sanity and practical protection guide their hand in armor design.

That ifirt fending tome gear is the worst example, if you're a dude, it stops on your nipples. It's weird.

Nothing live giving burly dudes a boob window of sorts.
WM46M9J.png

Tera is on a whole other level. In that game if you're playing a female character its like every single fucking armor set in the game is a subligar with a metal thong with all of your animations making sure your naked ass is perfectly directed to the camera.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm not sure whether to ask for the person who designed this to be fired or be given a raise.
I think they're just intended to be role based swimsuits for everyone?

Unless I missed something because I totally haven't read everything here and they're actual gear.

iammeiam

Oh come on. Now what do I do? ):

I think you have to call SE and see if they're willing to merge service accounts; you can add another key to your existing service account to unlock PC access, but since you created the second one the key you already bought has been used. If SE can help get rid of the new account and give you a new key, you can try adding it to the old service account.

Multiple service accounts are for if you, like, want to be able to pay two subs and multi box, basically.

kaze343

You can't get cure anymore regardless?

I did a summary of the changes I found on reddit, gonna paste it here for people who care about monk. In general, it's pretty small stuff and not much has changed from the preview build it seems. Also datamining info is missing traits, which might be pretty important since a bunch of the older traits are gone.

Can't seem to figure out how to spoiler a list, so SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT CLASS SPOILERS. Athough it's all already revealed info, just numbers differences.

you forgot to include the amazing buffs that all moves got, like bootshine being 1000 potency!
near the bottom of this spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...h78_OwDG5Ri_V_o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

the super high potencies are super real /s

OH GOD ASSIZES EVERY 30 SECONDS AND BASICALLY INFINITE HOLIES
If only Lilies didn't proc off of only Cure/II and Indulgence wasn't completely stupid
and my co-healer wasn't a SCH

I feel like WHM+AST is actually sounding like a real possibility now. Jesus Christ

Bikini armor probably drops in the underwater dungeon. Would make sense thematically that the swimming related stuff drops bikinis instead of bulky armor. Looks kinda dumb but I mean it's not really any worse than the actual bikinis for the summer events and some other gear you can find. If you want skin to show, you already had options before.

If only Lilies didn't proc off of only Cure/II and Indulgence wasn't completely stupid

I feel like WHM+AST is actually sounding like a real possibility now. Jesus Christ
Huh? Isn't Assize on a 60s cd?

iammeiam

Have you been reading the PVP tooltips?

If the traits are out and the Lily trait was modified, awesome, but the Assize tooltip floating around with 10/25/50 is the PVP version. That isn't on the PVE version. The PVP version also does a flat MP restore instead of %MP. PVP Benison has the same 10/25/50 and is 25% shield.

Basically PVP WHM is a shitload better than PVE WHM, barring the lily trait having gotten a massive bump.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Went to Mog Station.
Add new service account.
Entered the key.

I think you fucked up, you had to redeem the game on the same service account to use the same character. A new service account is basically a new account using the existing log in info. You can go here to ask them to move the game key to your old service account but it might take 2 weeks for them to complete the request: https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

Kalentan

You're supposed to download 6gb~ worth of files, they deployed those in two sets, if you started it later you'll download 6gb in one go but if you downloaded a 2gb early patch you need to download the rest

Okay so I'm downloading 5.4gb of updates on PS4... Is that the full expansion or no?

Huh? Isn't Assize on a 60s cd?

3 Lillies give 50% CDR, apparently

Have you been reading the PVP tooltips?

If the traits are out and the Lily trait was modified, awesome, but the Assize tooltip floating around with 10/25/50 is the PVP version. That isn't on the PVE version. The PVP version also does a flat MP restore instead of %MP. PVP Benison has the same 10/25/50 and is 25% shield.

Basically PVP WHM is a shitload better than PVE WHM, barring the lily trait having gotten a massive bump.

...oh

Went to Mog Station.
Add new service account.
Entered the key.

You can have both versions on one service account, don't know if you can move characters from one service account to the other but if not, I don't think this will work. Sorry pal.:/
Why did you create a new service account anyway?

Yaska

Hi guys, I am just starting to play again after finishing Heavensward months ago. I am up to the latest main quest which is to infiltrate this new Wall dungeon (patch 3.5). Unfortunately I need ilvl 230 for this and I left my character with only ilvl 217! Do I really need to get through these quests to access Stormblood? How the heck can I get my ilvl up that high in a short amount of time? I really hope I don't have to do a bunch of grinding...

You van buy 260 gear with poetics tomes now to get yourself up to speed.

iammeiam

3 Lillies give 50% CDR, apparently

...oh

Yeah, sorry; I tried to get ahead of that earlier when I realized what was probably going to happen.

I haven't seen traits anywhere, so it's possible the PVE lily functionality got buffed and we just don't know, but basically any skill that exists in PVP is a separate skill ID from PVE.

So PVE Assize is:
3571 Assize Ability 600 Deals unaspected damage to all nearby enemies with a potency of 300.<br><Color(52258)>Additional Effect:</Color> Restores own HP and the HP of nearby party members<br><Color(52258)>Cure Potency:</Color> 300<br><Color(52258)>Additional Effect:</Color> Restores 10% of own MP

While PVP Assize is:
9620 Assize Ability 600 Restores own HP and the HP of nearby party members.<br><Color(52258)>Cure Potency:</Color> 1,500<br><Color(52258)>Additional Effect:</Color> Restores 2,500 MP<br><Color(52258)>Additional Effect:</Color> Reduces <Color(-34022)>Assize</Color> recast time by a percentage corresponding to the number of healing <Color(-154)>Lilies</Color> stacked at time of action execution (at which time the <Color(-154)>Lilies</Color> are removed)<br><br><Color(52258)>1 Lily:</Color> 10%<br><Color(52258)>2 Lilies:</Color> 25%<br><Color(52258)>3 Lilies:</Color> 50%

I hate that it's coming out this way because it's potentially going to jerk a lot of people around; maybe the trait will save it, but that tooltip is going to break a lot of hearts if not.

You can have both versions on one service account, don't know if you can move characters from one service account to the other but if not, I don't think this will work. Sorry pal.:/
Why did you create a new service account anyway?

I thought that was the way to enter the pc code...

Creates a barrier around self or target that absorbs damage totaling 15% of target's maximum HP. Can only be executed with at least one Lily on your Healing Gauge
In case the Lily system wasn't shitty enough, Benison can't be used without one Lily, awesome

Top Bottom