• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ok?? None of those make my companion attack unless I attack first though, which seems to render the defender skills pointless since it can't take aggro off me unless I stop attacking for 10 seconds.
You are correct in that you must attack something first, but once you do, the Chocobo (in Defense Stance) has abilities which gain extra hate, like any tank. As long as you buy those abilities for it, of course. It’s not a perfect tank (Chocobo companions are generally better at healing and DPS), but I’ve used them to tank Fate boss fights for my BLM before.

Cmagus

Ninja weapon and mount in one run luck is with me lol and then they all started arguing the next run so I only had to do one run and then they disbanded so win for me.

22wChj8.png

I can already tell that head lamp is going to be some annoying mechanic. And there's going to be a phase where he summons like a billion bits.

Preview of DRG in Omega
tumblr_ngsw2o9dHT1rjxyrgo2_400.gif

Exclusive footage of Duckroll first Omega raid.

In other news? I finally slayed Susano EX.

And Lashkmi wiped in two different pf.... (easy, right?), to be fair I got it to 10% in the first one.

K.Sabot

How do you think the story of Stormblood compares to Heavensward?

I think I like HW more mostly because Estinien > Yda I mean Lyse and HW has Aymeric. Aymeric > Hien. And Ysayle doesn't even really have a comparable person in SB, there was just way more going on in HW imo. Also Lyse is less interesting/fun than Yda, there I said it.

Some spoilers comparing ARR's transition into HW vs HW's transition into SB.
And 2.1-2.5 built up better drama and greater gravitas than 3.1-3.5. It feels like every new character SE puts in front of you from 3.1 to Stormblood is throwaway and to suddenly be like, somewhat important and I'm supposed to care about them feels pretty lame.
Oh man this guy who I met 6 levels ago died, what will I ever do. M'naago is totes my besty now and super important yo. when before SB was literally just nameless miqote scout bleeding on your floor in Rising Stones.

HW HAD HAURCHEFANT WHO GAVE YOU A PLACE TO LIVE AND SOME GOD DAMNED HOT COCOA WHEN YOU WERE AN ENEMY OF THE NATION. WHAT DOES SB HAVE

IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AYMERIC

K.Sabot

I mean I guess SB didn't have the biggest backdown in FF story HISTORY so it has something big going for it over HW.

It had 3 smaller ones, but still lame

duckroll

I mean I guess SB didn't have the biggest backdown in FF story HISTORY so it has something big going for it over HW.

It had 3 smaller ones, but still lame

This is the one thing holding FFXIV's storytelling back big time. The way they do dramatic moments and then back down on them over and over makes it feel like a 900 episode daytime soap opera.

K.Sabot

Also what the hell is Square Enix's plan with these characters.

they're just kinda there, introduced randomly and somewhat important
they have the echo apparently?!

they're still just kinda there, am I supposed to care?

wamberz1

I was 10000000% expecting a heel turn from them but nope. Randoms introduced to the story that are highly competent and have little backstory screams traitor to me but... Guess they were actually just good guys. Maybe we'll find out in the patches.

Also, I don't think Echo is supposed to be an ultra rare thing, and it's seemingly random. And I think only the blonde guy had it.

They'll become important when they get unique armor ;)

Slater

Banned

I can't wait till they get either killed off in a patch to early to care about them at all like
Moen
or they hang around a bit, then fake there death for the 5th time and rob there climatic scene of any and all impact

These guys were introduced waaaaaaay back in 2.x? I can't recall what patch. War paint Highlander (I can't recall his name atm) is the brother of one of the deceased Scions killed back in the Waking Sands after you first defeat Titan in A Realm Reborn. They flesh out the Scions and the Echo concept. Remember, back in ARR Minphilia and the rest were looking for people with the Echo; that's why they recruited the Warrior of Light after all.

Sami+

Yo, so... I succeeded in making a character and connecting to Ultros a few days ago, but I let my friend fuck around in the character creator today on my laptop and he ended up deleting my own in the process. Not a huge deal, I didn't actually play, but now I'm back to waiting on Ultros to open up. :/

Can anyone tell me what the red "1" means? I tried looking it up but I have no idea.

Vic_Viper

Anyone here know?

What does the Heavensward Scenario Skip Item unlock? Aside from finishing the MSQ, does it unlock the dungeons, Trails, and Aether Currents? Do you get the Flying Dragon Mount?

K.Sabot

Alright I actually finished the whole thing now.

THEY TREAT ME TO ANOTHER BACK DOWN. At least they backed down on killing an potentially interesting character this time. No I'm not talking about Gosetsu.

duckroll

Gotta protect them from the only real danger of FFXIV's story

expectation spoilers

Hahahahaha. Aint that the truth. Someone in the FC chat was talking about how he beat Titan and the tone suddenly got really serious and badass. I had to quickly warn that there was more trolling ahead. ARR.... >_>

FFFanatic

Neo Member

While most of them haven't had any main story significance, two of them have been around the scions for awhile.
Facepaint guy has been part of the scions since 2.0, he was one of the few to survive the attack at Waking Sands.
The male Miqo'te has been an NPC in Rising Stone since Steps of Faith, he used to be seen talking to a hyur mage in white robes all the time.

SAM is more fun to play than it has any right being.
I've been MNK main since 1.x and damned if SAM isn't immediately more satisfying and way more versatile.

SAM is more fun to play than it has any right being.
I've been MNK main since 1.x and damned if SAM isn't immediately more satisfying and way more versatile.

I'm currently leveling Samurai and Warrior (Dark Knight is way too simple so I'm looking for a more complex replacement).

Even at level 50 it's got satisfying stuff with building the Sen and using the level 3 Iaijutsu move.

I hear it gets even crazier at level 62 when you get Kenki Mastery so I'm looking forward to that.

Sami+

Ok so now Malboro has the red "1" sign as well, and when I hover over it says I can't create any more characters on the server. :(

I'm getting worried. Am I fucked? My gf is already on Ultros.

ebil

I hope we're getting some balance changes and fixes with the upcoming patch so we don't have to wait until Savage drops to settle on a job. Our DRG wants some love or he's most likely going SAM for the time being.

Made it to 2.55 last night, this is where the story is supposed to kick it into next gear, right? I can't wait! I've actually been enjoying most of the content in the later portion of this patch range. New primals are always fun and we're finally making grounds in handling Ascians. I just wish the queues were faster for the dungeons and trials as I don't really have things to work on while waiting anymore unless I want to work on Red Mage quests but then I'll get a match for the dungeon right then with no time to swap all my gear lol

I see what you guys mean with Square expecting us to care about characters we've known for two seconds kicking the bucket. As I've already experienced that once where I'm at.

Also, had complete ass hats in the story trial against the Ascian. We do a run with myelf and one other being new (both have green sprouts AND it said people were doing it for the first time) and so we get to the phase where you need to quickly destroy the tear but no one explained anything including that there even would be a tear and as it's my first time, I'm distracted by the falling meteors and trying to figure out if I need to save my allies from the container beneath them before it hits or what so naturally the tear isn't destroyed in time and we wipe. Half the team then starts slamming the hell out of us and asking if we're retarded and pointed out me in particular since I'm a DPS that was supposed to be attacking the tear. Asked how the hell we made it to a level 60 dungeon (it's actually a level 50) etc. and after spamming how stupid we were for another minute or so, all left. This was after just ONE run.....what the hell is wrong with people? Well whatever, not my first rodeo playing an online game I was just surprised they would act like this on the first run when they didn't take the time to explain the mechanics after the game states that there's a person new to this. I didn't have a chance to even ask as they just darted right at the boss immediately. The only reason it was a bummer was that it took forever to find a party so that was scrapped and had to search anew. Took forever to get past that one quest haha

Anyway, again, not my first time playing online so I brush it off. Nothing compared to the kind of stuff FPS gamers spout ;p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
9/12 Ixion horns.

Four Ixion fights later I am still 9/12 thanks to DC's and a full party not even getting 1 horn to drop.

K.Sabot

I hope we're getting some balance changes and fixes with the upcoming patch so we don't have to wait until Savage drops to settle on a job. Our DRG wants some love or he's most likely going SAM for the time being.

God I hope.

Spent 2 hours with my SCH when I got SB and immediately switched to RDM.

I've mained scholar without another lvl 50/60 job since ARR early access. ITS SO BORING NOW

Bowlie

Banned
My whole party was dead at the end of the last Ixion's FATE. 0 horns, still more 3 to go.

edit: then he spawned again and I got gold medal \o/ 11/12

Ok so now Malboro has the red "1" sign as well, and when I hover over it says I can't create any more characters on the server. :(

I'm getting worried. Am I fucked? My gf is already on Ultros.

Pretty sure that means your characters still exists on those servers. Assuming you created one on Malboro as well?

Top Bottom